PDA

View Full Version : How long did you level your char?

Dookie
25-04-04, 19:54
I mean how much time did you spend from 0/2 to fightable/capp and where did you level.

I'm curious because i made 60 level on my monk in almost three days and interesting if someone did better.

Shadow Dancer
25-04-04, 19:55
You mean the very first time, or the most recent char?

tiikeri
25-04-04, 19:59
for my very first char (apu) it took 1,5months to take her to /62 and not capped yet. Though i played lots of other chars between exping her.. like melee tank to /57 and hc tank to /55, before i continued exping mi apu :)

but nowdays i could say it would take 1-2 weeks to cap one, depending on char. (i like to do other things too than powerlvl and i play quite a lot)

naimex
25-04-04, 19:59
Hybrid Monk : 3 hours (now deleted)
Hybrid Tank : 6 months (made heavy tank)
Heavy Tank (from the hybrid tank) : 2 hours (alive and kicking)
Melee Tank : 1 week (alive, needs more con and str to kick properly)
Droner Spy : 3 weeks (alive and kicking till found)
Pistol PE : 6 weeks and counting. (alive needs more speed to be kicking)

NeoLojik
25-04-04, 20:02
I fully capped my last character in a weekend. Saeto Ikari, Pistol PE. Using money and equipment from my old ALT, Javan Ikari. All skills capped in 2 days =)

Clownst0pper
25-04-04, 20:02
Total play time*

Pistol PE - 1 week to full cap

H-C tank - 3 weeks to full cap, Lomed to melee, then back to H-C and then Melee again - Re caped him for the 4th time a week ago.
PPU - 1 week to full cap (ahhh the joy of NCPD)
APU - 2 weeks in chaos caves to psi cap and 85 base int
Droner - 3 weeks to full cap soloing chaos caves

Dribble Joy
25-04-04, 20:15
Only really played my pistol PE, never 'lvled' her at all really, most of my xp was gained via soloing, donw hen I was bored or hunting.
Capped Con on her about 6 months after beginning of retail/char.

Dookie
25-04-04, 20:21
Hrhr, my first char was tank and i played him for about 3 months and didnt even get 90 str level ;) And one day i was killed by apu in 100500 time and thought that apu is the only way to be uber lol ^^

So nice to rememmber how noobish i was ^^

MrChumble
25-04-04, 20:35
Fastest I've capped the main stat on a char was 8 hours of game-time. It was pretty extreme power-leveling. Taken another few weeks to cap the other stats cos I got bored.

Tobias capped his PE in all stats in 3 days, which is about the fastest I've heard of.

It took me about 6 months to cap PSI on my monk, and int is still uncapped :D

Goa'uld
25-04-04, 20:40
Capped.. what is capped? :p

For 1 year + half.. i have never capped any of my chars :D

tomparadox
25-04-04, 20:50
the only chars i have ever caped are my Testserver chars lol :/ cant be asked to cap, to lazy lol...

SypH
25-04-04, 20:57
Never fully capped a character. I usually just get bored and start from scratch again.

shodanjr_gr
25-04-04, 20:57
Well, my APU it took me about 4 weeks of casual gaming to get him around psi level 85.

Tank took me roughly 2 weeks for STR 89

PE took me a few months to cap (was my first char).

Genty
25-04-04, 21:12
I have never fully capped a character yet. Closest I have got was probably with my monk. all capped but about 85 int. Took about a year :D Although he is lower than that now due to LoM's.

My PE was pritty close to being fully capped....had over 10 levels of CON to go but that char is deleted now anyway. Don't think I have really got close with any of my other chars.

jiga
25-04-04, 21:13
Never reached lvl 100 on a main stat ;)

Plz tell me how exectly u lvled ur ppu (im not questioning that you did it)

Valkyrie
25-04-04, 21:14
Capped Saturn tank (fully) over ages and ages, and even longer working on his setup.

Capped pluto tank (but 2 con) in a week, and I'm much better with him even though his setup is weak and his guns even worse. :confused:

Carinth
25-04-04, 22:03
Wow that was a long time ago, I think all in all it took me somthin like 4-6 months to cap my psi. I've never capped Int. I lom a lot : ) I've prolly done enough hunting/leveling to fully cap two or three monks in the year and a half my character has existed, tha'ts psi and int.

bounty
25-04-04, 22:17
I smell major BS about capping a PPU fully in a week. It took me probably a year to cap everything on my PPU but int, which is still at base 88. I don't have the time on my hands anymore to powerlevel and to be honest, i wouldn't want to power level. I enjoyed my time as a /35 using my tl 3 heals to try and keep others my level alive at MB bunker, or aggie sewers. Also i would stop leveling for sometimes a month or so on end just cause i was so sick of it. It was myself and another apu same level that would level in the chaos caves for my last few levels of psi. Really, its the only way to go as a ppu. And i do NOT recommend leveling as a ppu to anyone. It is slow, you are always dependent on teams, and soulclusters are a joke (even more so now where they attack yourself!). I flat out don't believe clownstopper capped a ppu in every skill in a week, I don't think it can be done even playing 24 hours a day for 7 days straight. I might not even believe him if he said everything except int, cause psi is hard as well.

jiga
25-04-04, 22:19
I smell major BS about capping a PPU fully in a week. It took me probably a year to cap everything on my PPU but int, which is still at base 88. I don't have the time on my hands anymore to powerlevel and to be honest, i wouldn't want to power level. I enjoyed my time as a /35 using my tl 3 heals to try and keep others my level alive at MB bunker, or aggie sewers. Also i would stop leveling for sometimes a month or so on end just cause i was so sick of it. It was myself and another apu same level that would level in the chaos caves for my last few levels of psi. Really, its the only way to go as a ppu. And i do NOT recommend leveling as a ppu to anyone. It is slow, you are always dependent on teams, and soulclusters are a joke (even more so now where they attack yourself!). I flat out don't believe clownstopper capped a ppu in every skill in a week, I don't think it can be done even playing 24 hours a day for 7 days straight. I might not even believe him if he said everything except int, cause psi is hard as well.
Yeah come on tell us. I wanna cap my ppu

Dont Mess
25-04-04, 22:30
my mains well

dilly my ppu like just recently capping which is a year after i made him, thats coz i dindt know how 2 play nc for ages

Dont mess my tank well not long at all coz i knew wat 2 do so id say about 6 months

LuNaTiC my rifle PE lol 12-15 hours for a good level capped in about 2 or 3 days

just shows that PEs need 2 be fixed on their EXping rate

bU!Ld!fY my doroner cster aint capped but at a good level about a month he is /70 with 5 int/dex left and like 8 psi

Judge
25-04-04, 23:08
Well I capped (fully) my main character a week ago.

I started her on the first day of retail. Played almost every day on her. Yup, I'm a powerleveler alright.

And no, its not Monk INT. She's a PE.

extract
25-04-04, 23:20
APU - 2 weeks in chaos caves to psi cap and 85 base int

so your saying it took you less time to level your PPU?

I gotta say from experience here considering my second char ever was a PPU that this just cant be the truth....Ive currently had my PPU for over a year, and before the GR changes and all I spent almost everyday inbetween caving and NCPD HQ, Ive got eyewitness from some of the oldest APUs on saturn that would tell you we spent insane amounts of time trying to level me UP....and Ive yet to come close to capping INT, even now over a year later Im only at 94 base INT, it took at LEAST a month of the heaviest caving to cap PSI....I just cannot beleive this at all

now the APU part is easy to beleive I too have an APU on another server it took me about 3 weeks to cap psi....

but now these days to lvl is nearly impossible, there is never any cave teams, because the bored fully capped people wont let them....oh well glad all my chars are capped or near cap....

Dont Mess
25-04-04, 23:34
his ppu leveld faster because of NCPD hq if he leveld his apu in NCPD then hed cap in a day i 4got 2 mention in 3 days i got my apu to 85 base psi

Seven
26-04-04, 04:25
How long did it take any of you non-monks to cap a player WITHOUT the help of a monk?

Scikar
26-04-04, 04:45
I've levelled Scikar almost entirely solo, STR capped, CON at 96 base. Char is about 15 months old.

Loyd
26-04-04, 05:38
[ edited ]

hivemind
26-04-04, 06:50
Holy shit, someone get the Bat Decoder Ring and translate that gibberish...

ino
26-04-04, 10:01
Yes ppu's lvl int atleast faster than apu's.

I capped psi in a week or so on ppu no biggie.

Im still doing int exping cause the exp gain sucks. got 97 now I recon about 2 months more to go. And I heavent "powerlvled" the int in a while so maby if I didnt get fed up with cave after spending 10000 hours in there allready I would have capped allready. The char is little over a year now.

And Im pretty sure he didnt cap his ppu int in a week even in ncpd. He would have been online 24/7 the entire week with someone to do the dmg within his rank I guess. But I could be wrong I never did the ncpd so I dont know what kind of exping you could actually get there. But Im skeptical about 100 int in a week

ou7blaze
26-04-04, 10:12
Took me about erm let's say 5 days to CAP my char and quite a long time to find all the rares and get him to this stage today.

Still haven't got that MC5 because *cough* nvm..

darknessfairy
26-04-04, 10:20
Lol i have never capped a character. My tank is at str 98 now. so thats nice, but its so hard once you get past a certain point. like 11million to my next level (99). and of course there is my con to cap, and i think thats at 90 atm.

my pe was a lot easier to cap. i got her to about 5 from dex cap in a week or so, and tbh ive just left her.

i have alot of half levelled chars and i just pick and choose which one i want to play on :p

Parappa
26-04-04, 10:22
The time it took to do too much chaos caving. The mere though of the red-stone walls now make me shudder.

MkVenner
26-04-04, 10:25
My main guy, MkVenner, took me 2 months, but he was my first char and i had no PPU and i got bored so i made other chars at the same time

my my tank is Str 88 base forgot the rest and hes about 5 months old but i got 6 other chars i been playing and i rarely have the pleasure of PPU support

SamuraiPizzaCat
26-04-04, 10:37
hrm well i sorta jump around so heres mine
pluto i played for most of retail until The Gang left neocron
MajinHercule - HC Tank [deleted sept 03] - capped all but con (94 i think it was) but xx/67 without implants when deleted O.o
Majin - high tech rifle PE - capped all but con (63)
the saturn chars i leveled sorta evenly but played my ppu the most
Yamma - ppu monk - capped all but int (88)
Vavel - apu monk - capped all but int (83) and dex (34)
Hildegarn -droner spy - 80 int/dex 40 con 30sometin str 7 psi
Tapion - pistol PE - the only char i ever capped (thanks to ezzas moon striker)
uranus chars i dont play much
Galang - mc tank - 90 str 82 con all others capped ( played for like a month or 2 )

<3 chaos caves

winnoc
26-04-04, 11:09
My spy is 5-6 months old, and i didn't realy powerlevel him, just fidling around as a noob, then hunting at mb bunker and then a lot of gabanium.

My HC tank i leveled up in aggies, then straight to gravis caves (solo thank you, just carying antidotes, medpacks and poison protection armor)

Then i went to a chaincraft V1 and killed me some warbots, and now i got the reveler for him.

The tank took me 3-4 weeks, and in no way is he capped, but i think a month or so and he'll be capped. (yeah, i go for warbots without armor on, gives me good con)

Garg [RogueNET]
26-04-04, 11:12
i got my Tanks STR to 83 in 4 days
havent really lvled him much since... got my MOVEon so im aiming for that
CAMO PA .. then i guess its back to heavy lvling to capp him

garyu69
26-04-04, 11:16
For my very first Char i went a PE, which i still have today and it took me 6 months to Cap.

Probably mainly as i was a soloer and i never really knew about the good levelling spots and teaming up etc.

It made it really enjoyable being that much of a noob. So much so that i was scared of the beggers in the level 2 sewers :(

Now days ai think if i had the time i could level a Char up rather quickly as i know where to go and so on.

IceStorm
26-04-04, 11:18
It took me about 16 months to cap my Spy. Now he's only 4k Psi XP away from being completely maxed out on XP points in all stats (at the "next level" point for all mainstats).

Superbron
26-04-04, 12:29
I levelled my PE in about two weeks. All other chars still aren't capped.

Crest
26-04-04, 12:34
Capping my HC tank on all stats = 9 months ... Thats with the following time scales

2 hours a night = 6 hours a night on Fridays and Stats ....
3 Other chars for clan infrstructure

From scartch ... no other chars giving money , chips ... Hey I even bought 6 baseball bats before I found out you could use the GR to get stuff back, then I had to sell some off.....

PPU From scratch with help from my tank ... not clanned = 3 months ... Int not capped and never will be as not many runners able to level with with rank between 74 and 94 (Mine is 84)

Rifle Spy ... 5 dex levels from capped = 3 weeks

Pistol PE 23 weeks (Same kind of times of playing as specified above

Original monk
26-04-04, 13:00
does the mainquestion include lomming and recapping ? :P

XaNToR
26-04-04, 13:24
1rst PE 2 months
2nd PE 3days
3rd PE 10 hours
4th PE 14 hours
5th PE 12 hours

APU 3 Days
Tank 1 Week
PPU 1 1/2 week

Wilco
26-04-04, 13:50
Rifle Spy ... 5 dex levels from capped = 3 weeksWhere did you go, what equipment did you take and how much support did you have (group to leech XP, PPU to buff)?

My main Spy is far from cap INT/DEX, although xx/61 and carrying PA now... ;)

Regards, Wilco

winnoc
26-04-04, 14:11
If i had to go level a spy now, i'd go from aggies after capping psi to hunting warbots at I06 and then when PA3 level i'd go to escador to hunt DOY bots.

As a spy you don't need a ppu, just use stealth to get to where you want to go, and use rifles to hunt.

Pistol spies however is something completely different, there i'd start out as biotech, do the epic, get inq1 setup and do firemobs in a team.

Wilco
26-04-04, 14:38
If i had to go level a spy now, i'd go from aggies after capping psi to hunting warbots at I06 and then when PA3 level i'd go to escador to hunt DOY bots.
As a spy you don't need a ppu, just use stealth to get to where you want to go, and use rifles to hunt.[...]
Well, I-06 isn't my prefered sektor for WB hunt, but i'm leveling on WBs now, yes...

Is the Spy-PA3 that much better in ENR/XRAY-armor, that you can take out DoY-units?
(tried it once with my PA1 and using a commando from highest longrange possible... gotten locked upon and shot at within seconds...)

Regards, Wilco

sir retail
26-04-04, 14:45
I'm curious because i made 60 level on my monk in almost three days and interesting if someone did better.

8| how the F@#$# do you do that in 3 days.. 8|

plz .. tell me how.. becouse it took me like 2 months.

winnoc
26-04-04, 15:03
Get on the roof of one of the buildings and let it drive up against the wall, then look over, shoot, retreat and heal up, repeat, kill it and hack it. Then shoot another one far away and let it come to you also.

You can get killed doing this, because they do hurt like hell when they shoot you. But hey, great xp gained and the loot sells for good cash at the TT hq.

XSuneX
26-04-04, 18:02
Took me about erm let's say 5 days to CAP my char and quite a long time to find all the rares and get him to this stage today.

Still haven't got that MC5 because *cough* nvm..
Ok. It's worth $5 to ya, give me I of those. I'll lend you my account. a dollar a day, not bad eh?

j0rz
26-04-04, 22:12
Well i capped my pe all but 3 con lvls in 3 days

second hc tank all but 7 con lvls 3 days inc lomming from meelee to hc

and im not telling u how i lvled them so fast :)

Crest
27-04-04, 08:56
My spy is 5-6 months old, and i didn't realy powerlevel him, just fidling around as a noob, then hunting at mb bunker and then a lot of gabanium.

My HC tank i leveled up in aggies, then straight to gravis caves (solo thank you, just carying antidotes, medpacks and poison protection armor)

Then i went to a chaincraft V1 and killed me some warbots, and now i got the reveler for him.

The tank took me 3-4 weeks, and in no way is he capped, but i think a month or so and he'll be capped. (yeah, i go for warbots without armor on, gives me good con)

Since I played a while, I pre-Planned my spy ... Making sure she had all the best 3 -5 slot guns ready.... and small detail like that. Also had all the chips ready, especially the level 2 chips ....

Always start with aggies for me .... Then there was either cyclopes missions at chester (When open) or mutant pool .... From there It was I_10 on warbot hill for warbots (Normaly either solo or with a friend same level spy similar setup) Warbot Hill normaly needs a secondchar around to watch you back as they spawn quick ....

Then we did a few runs on fire mobs in Syncon area , There a sector near there that spawns well (Dunno which one, Cant remeber till I look at map) ... Sometimes a PPU was there, most times either solo or teamed with similar level spy

BombShell
27-04-04, 21:07
Tank rank /14 attacked a higher lvl hybrid with a nade launcher won :)

PE rank /23 attacked a any spy loads higher died :(

Monk rank /37 attacked a PE for epic. won :)

Spy /22 attacked a star tank and PE and won. using a plain old raygun :)

Most of my chars that reach beyond rank /45 is mainly because i still hav LE in my head. usally i keep LE in for epics until its time to kill :)

MegaCorp
27-04-04, 21:49
ROFL ... took me ten months to level Spook to fully capped, and during the first three or four months i played anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day; and its the only character i have ever had in Neocron. So ... that either means i enjoyed playing and didnt care much about leveling ... or was bloody incompetent. :lol:

Spook

CoreKeeper
28-04-04, 10:55
After nearly one year now, my PPU is PSI/STR/DEX/CON capped, but INT.... there seems to be no end :D

Crest
28-04-04, 11:11
The question is how do you count days, for 1 person a day is 2 hours of playing a night , another is a NC fix lasting 19 hours without food and drink, then a 45 minute sleep to start next fix ...

Also the quality of leveling is depndant on the internals for game, do you have all the weapons you need, have you planned your char.

My spy I had everything from power armour to weapons money, chips level 1 - 3 with SF waiting ... all I do is level look in gogo can use something new .... use it level look in gogo get pokes go to app unload lower stuff load more higher stuff.... and so on ... Then its easy to cap chars quicker

when you have to start with nothing, buy experiment, build and beg its a lot harder ..... I started scratch on new server, the first char was hard ... but the second one, had a resser and a cons available, and some cash to give, made him level a lot easier to where he is ... Considering this about 2 hours of play = level 15 ... Will tbe harderlater onthough as I not got the hi end stuff sorted ....

extract
28-04-04, 14:02
Well i capped my pe all but 3 con lvls in 3 days

second hc tank all but 7 con lvls 3 days inc lomming from meelee to hc

and im not telling u how i lvled them so fast :)

lots of cocaine/meth and no sleep would be a good start Id say

MkVenner
28-04-04, 14:03
pure caffine injections lol

Strych9
28-04-04, 14:22
First, PPUs definitely level Int faster than APUs. I have an APU, and my bud has a PPU, and we have 100% levelled together on these chars. Our Psi is near identical, but his Int is natural 78, while mine is natural 72. O_o

Second, I am also waiting to hear how a PPU capped in a week and a half. I too must call BS on this one til I hear how. I know long time ago there was an exploit (gone now) where PPUs got experience via heals... and you could stand in Plaza 1 (would use P2 now, but back before the guards at the genreps were KOS it was P1) and cast group heal over and over... and you could have capped Int on a PPU in prolly one day of doing just that. So with an exploit, I can see a week and a half. But sans exploit, I want to hear how clownstopper did it.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 14:24
i wanna how he capped the tank *Mk gets out his notepad* :p

Scikar
28-04-04, 14:28
First, PPUs definitely level Int faster than APUs. I have an APU, and my bud has a PPU, and we have 100% levelled together on these chars. Our Psi is near identical, but his Int is natural 78, while mine is natural 72. O_o

That part's fairly simple. APU modules give INT XP at 33%. This is then multiplied by his INT modifier of 50%, for a final result of roughly 16% XP gain, compared to PSI which runs at 100% from module multiplied by PSI modifier of 100% = 100% gain. The PPU gains his INT and PSI XP from the team XP rather than from his modules. Thus there is no additional modifier, and the PPU gains at 50% INT and 100% PSI from the team XP.

The only part I'm not certain on is the 33% INT XP gain from PSI modules, but I think it's accurate.

Strych9
28-04-04, 14:52
That part's fairly simple. APU modules give INT XP at 33%. This is then multiplied by his INT modifier of 50%, for a final result of roughly 16% XP gain, compared to PSI which runs at 100% from module multiplied by PSI modifier of 100% = 100% gain. The PPU gains his INT and PSI XP from the team XP rather than from his modules. Thus there is no additional modifier, and the PPU gains at 50% INT and 100% PSI from the team XP.

The only part I'm not certain on is the 33% INT XP gain from PSI modules, but I think it's accurate.Yeah thats correct. I understand the numbers...I just think its WHACKED that a PPU can level faster than the APU that the PPU is supporting. As fast is cool, but faster?

Pft.

Its ironic as well, because the slow Int gain on monks was because of not wanting them to gain Int too fast for tradeskilling... yet right now, the PPU monk... the only one that could really even consider tradeskills (like research) gains Int faster. LOL

ino
28-04-04, 15:17
Is it really 50%?

I feel it's more 35% ppu 20% or so apu maby, 50% sound alot.

and wierd that ppus gain faster and about that beeing fast you'r wrong :) it takes forever between levels. If you have a good team all the time it might not be that extreemly bad as it is, but you dont always find a nice perfect exp team to play with.

ppus gains int faster cause it requires more int to play one maby :)

Strych9
28-04-04, 15:52
and wierd that ppus gain faster and about that beeing fast you'r wrong :) it takes forever between levels.Never said it was "fast."

1. I said it was faster than an APU
2. I said that it was odd that the PPU would be faster than the APU... since the overall SLOW Int levelling was to discourage tradeskilling... and of the two (APU, PPU) only the PPU could even really be a tradeskiller.

Yes, monk Int levelling is dastardly slow. No argument there.

Carinth
28-04-04, 20:06
I find it hard to believe that ppu's gain exp faster then apu's. I've been both and psi exp most definitly is much faster as an apu. Int exp is at least equal if not faster for an apu. I've always found that exp from damaging a mob is greater then exp mooched from a team. Even as a hybrid now, I find that I gain exp a little bit faster if I take part in the fight, instead of playing ppu.

As a ppu I've been hunting for int exp for over a year now. I've long since capped psi, many times over. I've found that the ideal combination is an apu and a ppu. Noone else in the team. The ppu/apu combo has always gained me the most exp possible for a given hunting grounds, each additional person dilutes the exp gain.

On a side note, I like the subtle anti ppu systems in effect. PPU's can have fairly high ranks and only gain exp from a team with similarly ranked players. So ppu's are not supposed to be generous and help out any team. Forget helping lowlvl players, we get nothing for it. On top of that, we're not supposed to team with multiple players and non monks at that. The aformentioned apu/ppu team is the way to go. A Tank will do until you can find an apu again, but the exp definitly suffers. We're definitly not encouraged to allow more then a single person in our team. The game encourages ppu's to be selfish and elitist. If you go against the game, you get no exp or crap exp at best. If you take a sample of ppu's and ask how long they took to level, I'll bet you'll find that there's a corelation between nice personalities and long leveling times. When you spend hours in the swamp cave to help a midlevel character, the ppu doesn't advance at all. On the other side you'd prolly find that ppu's with a more negative attitude skyrocketed up to cap fairly fast.

Note: That's just my theory, I'm sure there are exceptions. : )

plague
28-04-04, 20:23
hehe long time. Well i got more then one, monk was one of my first chars on saturn was back then before hybrid nerf so i starded as hybrid and played for about 3 month and got to lvl **/53 them i found out about teh tg caves and went there caped rest in a week. My tank still lvling lol mostly becouse constant lominf const and str. Pe was caped with in 4 days in tg caves. Am Still lvling all my chars heh lomed monk 5 times tank 4 times pe 2 time and me spy's lol i lost count =P :D

Original monk
28-04-04, 20:59
I find it hard to believe that ppu's gain exp faster then apu's. I've been both and psi exp most definitly is much faster as an apu. Int exp is at least equal if not faster for an apu. I've always found that exp from damaging a mob is greater then exp mooched from a team. Even as a hybrid now, I find that I gain exp a little bit faster if I take part in the fight, instead of playing ppu.

As a ppu I've been hunting for int exp for over a year now. I've long since capped psi, many times over. I've found that the ideal combination is an apu and a ppu. Noone else in the team. The ppu/apu combo has always gained me the most exp possible for a given hunting grounds, each additional person dilutes the exp gain.

On a side note, I like the subtle anti ppu systems in effect. PPU's can have fairly high ranks and only gain exp from a team with similarly ranked players. So ppu's are not supposed to be generous and help out any team. Forget helping lowlvl players, we get nothing for it. On top of that, we're not supposed to team with multiple players and non monks at that. The aformentioned apu/ppu team is the way to go. A Tank will do until you can find an apu again, but the exp definitly suffers. We're definitly not encouraged to allow more then a single person in our team. The game encourages ppu's to be selfish and elitist. If you go against the game, you get no exp or crap exp at best. If you take a sample of ppu's and ask how long they took to level, I'll bet you'll find that there's a corelation between nice personalities and long leveling times. When you spend hours in the swamp cave to help a midlevel character, the ppu doesn't advance at all. On the other side you'd prolly find that ppu's with a more negative attitude skyrocketed up to cap fairly fast.

Note: That's just my theory, I'm sure there are exceptions. : )

reaction to the note: there are exceptions everywhere but you are a 100% correct in youre explenation, the threadstarter should read this again :)

its yust the way it is