PDA

View Full Version : KKeep The Faith

Genty
25-04-04, 00:47
I am not here to claim that KK are an excellent company.
I am not here to claim that KK have done everything right.
I am not here to claim that KK have not broken promises.

What I am here for, posting this thread is to get people to get behind KK in their work instead of getting up their noses that really does not help the situation one bit. Ok, so KK have done things badly sometimes, I am sure they really don't want to disappoint the community but at times things must be done to please who they have to, be it publishers or whatever.

Think about it, would you really want to work for a community that constantly bitches about everything? It certainly would discourage myself from putting in my maximum effort, so why don't we put the delayed releases, the problems with the game into the past and look into what’s to come in the future.

I am not saying you can't complain at times, however the state of these forums of late is quite disastrous and at times even gets myself down in the dumps. We are all here for one reason or another, either we love the game still and wish it to succeed, or loved the game at one point and would love for the spark that was once in Neocron to re-ignite and give us a burning desire to play once more.

So, I ask you, spread the sig around, put your own character's in the space provided and show your support for KK to try and lift them, give them something to work for, make them feel the need to work at 200% to make us enjoy the game.

http://home.clara.net/dorothygent/kkeep.jpg

KK may have provided the body for the community with Neocron, however, us, the community are the life, blood and spirit that keep it alive.

Keep the Blood Flowing, Keep the Spirit High, Let the Life Live on.

(Yes the double K in the sig is intentional :D)

Dirk_Gently
25-04-04, 00:51
Damn Right too

VetteroX
25-04-04, 00:52
No. I kept the faith for a long, long, long time.... far longer then most.... everybody has a breaking point... this september 1st bs was mine. To get faith from people, you must earn it... and KK doesnt.

Freaky Fryd
25-04-04, 00:52
Exactly the kind of message I've been telling friends on Pluto...
Some of them are stuck in and contributing to the paradox.
They don't want to log in because there isn't many people on...but by not logging in, they're part of the reason that the server count is low...so the next person that logs in see that there isn't many people on...etc, etc...

Have faith, stick with it. Things will get better...

olavski
25-04-04, 00:54
i have faith, but i like my sig too much ;)

Genty
25-04-04, 00:56
No. I kept the faith for a long, long, long time.... far longer then most.... everybody has a breaking point... this september 1st bs was mine. To get faith from people, you must earn it... and KK doesnt.

You may have kept your faith for a long time yes, the fact that you are still browsing this forums indicates to me that you still have a hint of faith left, looking to see if things have improved, getting memories of all the joy the game brought you, one day you will pop in and things are on the up, lets hope that day is soon.

Xizor
25-04-04, 01:03

My words exactly.

Shadow Dancer
25-04-04, 01:16
Genty you say "would you want to work for a community that constantly bitches", but IMO I think KK had a hand in making the community that way. No offense, but KK is the master of delaying and ignoring IMO. They delay delay delay time time time again. And many times it seems like they totally ignore the community on many issues. For example, let's say there's a patch that suddenly makes tanks have 8000 health. Due to their past history, I can honestly say that I feel like they would wait 3-4 weeks, maybe even more, before fixing that.

I'm not placing the blame on them entirely, but I'm not gonna act like their a sweet lil ol company that tries their best.

Nice sig. I would join you and use your picture in my sig, but unfortunately I think my current crusade(in my sig) is much more important. Maybe after something is done with parashock. :p

retr0n
25-04-04, 02:49
I'm not placing the blame on them entirely, but I'm not gonna act like their a sweet lil ol company that tries their best.

Exactamundo.

And lets not forget that we are paying for this service, why should faith have
anything to do with it... It should be done (whatever _it_ may be) period.

Disturbed021
25-04-04, 03:45
I think anyone left looking at these threads still has some faith left otherwise they'd be looking elsewhere :p so go away already if you don't care about NC anymore.

They are a small company that makes mistakes and hits delays on projected deadlines, but does that mean we shouldn't bitch at them? Hell no! I'm gonna bitch at them if I'm unhappy about something because I am a paying customer, but just because people are bitching alot doesn't mean they have lost faith.

Honestly I didn't see the Sept. 1st planned release of DoY as a negative but more as a positive *shrug* I guess I just like having a date set instead of a timeframe like q2 or q3 2004.....

I personally have left a couple of times but I can tell you based on all the other games I've played; I'll still be playing when they shut the servers down :p

XSuneX
25-04-04, 05:20
I hate to say this but unintentionally or not we were told a lie.

We should get our money back even. But not worth it really.

I am starting to agree with the old timers.

it looks like I'm starting to fade away. oh well. I guess I just look at the people on the boards as friends to talk too, but that is not fair to KK to be here for just that I guess.

Darkborg
25-04-04, 05:33
Faith i have had since the start of retail.
Recently their POS attitude towards patches and population, has utterly demolished it.

suler
25-04-04, 05:33
They don't want to log in because there isn't many people on...but by not logging in, they're part of the reason that the server count is low...so the next person that logs in see that there isn't many people on...etc, etc....

It shouldn't be the players responsibility for the game to have a population. Doing stuff like trying to stay on so the population doesn't drop is something you'd do for a friend as a favor, however kk doesn't treat us like friends at all.

tomparadox
25-04-04, 05:49
i supose i can use it... dont have any other sig atm.. and i have had faith sens beta 4, and i too feal like im fadeing away. i have probly played neocron a totle of 1 houre this hole week Oo...

edit: i think im bugged Oo i cant see my sig...

bounty
25-04-04, 06:30
It shouldn't be the players responsibility for the game to have a population. Doing stuff like trying to stay on so the population doesn't drop is something you'd do for a friend as a favor, however kk doesn't treat us like friends at all.

agree 100% there. everytime i hear kk speak i lose more respect. he's borderline arrogant and unapathetic about the fact that people that have been with him for years and have paid for his salary for years feel like they are treated like expendable things.

mystery8
25-04-04, 20:02
Anyone who knows me knows I *hate* to quit on things and usually stick around longer than most sane people would.

Having said that, if the BDoY isn't the uber-great release we've been promised and doesn't represent a massive positive change in both the game and KK, I probably won't be sticking around much longer. I don't expect BDoY to fix everything, but I do expect it to be a milestone after which things get better more than they get worse.

I tend to be a realist/pessimist, but even I still have hope.

Hope you don't mind my changing the sig a bit for my favorite class :D

Clownst0pper
25-04-04, 20:04
Im an optimist, so I have every faith.

PS. Like my signature? :D

Kenjuten
25-04-04, 21:50
@ Clown: Heh, cute. I don't recognize the one in the center though...to the left of Wakka.

Wait, weren't you the one with the cats? O_o

MrChumble
25-04-04, 21:56
I have faith that DoY will be really good, and that post-DoY KK will have enough money to produce regular new content.

But in the meantime, I'm stuck with the same game I've been playing for a year, which has been patched in ways I don't like and think detract from the game, with no hope of new content until DoY. So it's kinda hard to be positive about the between-now-and-DoY time, which I think is going to suck festering donkey wang.

Opar
25-04-04, 22:39
KKEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Nuff said ^_^

Clownst0pper
25-04-04, 22:40
Yes im the one who owns the cat which people continue to steal.

He is resting, hes been dancing non stop for weeks. Bless him :D

Opar
25-04-04, 22:44
Huh? That Cat was a he?

HE was purple.... such a manly colour :rolleyes:

Celt
25-04-04, 22:52
Soulclusters have been fubar for 2 months.

How many times have critical bugs been left 6 weeks or longer for a fix?

How many promised features and content still hasnt appeared?(desert racetrack, anti city epics)

How many of my friends have quit the game because of bad support or bugs?

I'm tired of "keeping the faith", i'm tired of trying to defend a defenseless game.

I'll keep browsing the forums for as long as my account is active(I've logged in once in 3 weeks now, my account has 4 months left on it)

But late last year, I'd had enough defending KK, putting a good face on the constant bad news.

I'm not negative, i'm just realistic, when was the last good news? why should I be positive?

No-one can give a good reason....

Rith
25-04-04, 22:58
No-one can give a good reason....

That's why its called faith - there's no good reason for it, you just believe it.

Nice idea Genty - I respect you for it.

I guess I'm too cynical to have faith anymore. I'm certain KK will release DOY, but thats what I'm also certain will finally kill this game. It will be the NC release all over again. New features will last so long. Until we've got 3000 people on a server, this game simply won't fly.

We won't get 3000 people on a server unless KK makes the game appealing to mainstream players.

Celt
25-04-04, 23:01
That's why its called faith - there's no good reason for it, you just believe it.
I'd disagree, but doesnt really matter.

I'd say it would be faith if we had no evidence as to KK being a complete and utter shambles of a company, but we have masses of evidence to have absolutely no faith.

Mr_Snow
25-04-04, 23:22
Ive had faith for over a year others have had faith for nearly 2 years and tbh Im tired of having faith and getting slapped in the face for it every time a deadline comes near.

Genty
25-04-04, 23:24
As I have said before, the fact that you are browsing this forum and actively posting it must mean you have at least an ickle portion of faith left. So, with that faith, invest it into BDoY and it's release, double or nothing, if it is delayed then 3 strikes of delays and KK are out. However, _when_ it's released on time you gain more faith, and from then you regain it slowly slowly.

Fuck the past, dream of the future.

Mr_Snow
25-04-04, 23:28
I post on these boards because even though I dont play I have an active interest in the community and if DoY ever does get released and KK get their act together afterwards I may consider reactivating but I will probably continue to read the forums until the game dies or I stop playing MMOs.

Celt
25-04-04, 23:48
As I have said before, the fact that you are browsing this forum and actively posting it must mean you have at least an ickle portion of faith left. So, with that faith, invest it into BDoY and it's release, double or nothing, if it is delayed then 3 strikes of delays and KK are out. However, _when_ it's released on time you gain more faith, and from then you regain it slowly slowly.

Fuck the past, dream of the future.I invested my faith in DoY before, 1st quarter 2004 - nope, 2nd quarter 2004 - nope.

I still browse the forums because, as I said, my account is active until july/august.

suler
26-04-04, 03:20
Well I never expected them to keep the original release date so that's not a disappointment to me. However I'm not going to play with this crazy low population and it seems like they aren't going to do shit until doy anyways.

If doy is launched good and I can pick it up in an actual store and see it in stock then I will buy it otherwise I won't.

Spoon
26-04-04, 03:46
Well, you can count me in as one of the "disillusioned"....

It doesn't mean I've lost complete hope, but.....
...it's hanging there by a thread, a very thin thread.....

I think what KK needs to do at this point, is....

Get us, the playerbase, back in to the loop...
and clue us in as to what is going on.....

Yeah, surprises are great, but at this point screenshots and and sneak peeks just aren't enough for me at this point..

I need to see some hard core changes that will make this game great(again) and near perfect in my eyes...

Let the players have some input *cough*remove para*cough*, etc.......

Explain the netcode, directX9, and database changes, and how this will improve our gaming experience...

And, come on KK, just come out and admit your converting Neocron over to Far-Crys' engine..... ;)

Spikadelia
26-04-04, 03:57
"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene"

Well Mr Genty, this seems an appropriate theme song for the Faith Movement. To be crooned by all NC players in the style of Bing Crosby anytime you FRE, suffer lag death, get Para-spammed, or simply visit the forums for the latest instalment in KK's procrastination or endless deferment of their promises to their long-suffering customers.

I'm all for supporting the game, and I've been out of the loop for 4 months holidaying in Oz. I was so looking forward to returning to UK at the beginning of May and getting into BDoY, so where did my endless summer go? Curse you KK :p

The worst thing is that in that time at least half a dozen of my close playing comrades in the game have all quit in frustration..... and no chirpy melody or cheery-eyed optimism is gonna bring them back.

KK get your act together, before the house is empty and the lights go out for good. Cue slow handclap..... O_o

Strych9
26-04-04, 17:34
Solidarity.

ezza
26-04-04, 17:53
i do still have some faith in KK, but not gonna change my sig for it, even if my current one is the worst ive had :D

Marx
26-04-04, 17:56
Blind faith is bad.

I'll change my siggy once they start talking about ways to entice inactive players to come back and start to settle server pop. issues.

Archeus
26-04-04, 18:03
what is pissing me off is everyone getting hung up on DOY. Just play the f'ing game ffs.

Jest
26-04-04, 19:08
Is this a "Yes/No, use this siggie" thread like the remove parashock one was that got closed? Hmmmm for some reason I doubt this one will get closed. :rolleyes:

Despite the above and despite how dissapointed I am at the whole situation, I'd agree with the original post to a point. In the grand scheme of things I could care less about BDoY, I just want an active server. Thats my main complaint.

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 20:12
Jest: It won't, because not too many people are ready to be 'down with that sig'. :p

I for one am currently on a wait-and-see foundation. I have too much shit to do currently anyway to be arsed to get on NC anymore. >_<

Yes, this is the dude that 'boasted' about 6 accounts.

They all expire in october! :p

MrChumble
26-04-04, 21:06
what is pissing me off is everyone getting hung up on DOY. Just play the f'ing game ffs.

If they introduced some new content I'm sure people would comment on that instead. The unfortunate reality is there's bugger all new to talk about apart from DoY, and hasn't been for months. :(

40$Poser
26-04-04, 21:11
I'll keep the faith until september 1st, 2004. If it gets delayed for another 3+ months, I may lose my faith.*

*(guarentee not valid under terms of robot attack/disco hustling/puppy kicking/purple monkey dishwasher)

-FN-
26-04-04, 21:14
Nice sig. I would join you and use your picture in my sig, but unfortunately I think my current crusade(in my sig) is much more important. Maybe after something is done with parashock. :p

I think Para was perfectly fine just before the last boost. It shouldn't be removed, but it should definitely be reduced.

And I'm still here, and still try to post constructively, so that's how I'm "KKeeping The Faith".

plague
26-04-04, 21:24
I always kept me faith with kk, no matter how much I bitch or how pissed I get from teh date push backs I still love this game and want it to succeed. There is no other like this game and am addicted to it, so gogogo kk :D

I'll add teh sig later when i get home, don't have img editer to put meh uber pic in there :D

p.s. hurry up with teh patch I wan it now now now :D muahaha

RayBob
26-04-04, 21:26
I don't really care about the delay. Neocron is still the best MMO out there. If some great new game was released then I might consider leaving, but none of the games announced for release this year interest me at all.

I have been having lots of fun making new characters on a different server. This weekend I tried hunting fire mobs from a Rhino. I had never done this before and it is an absolute blast. I have 2 PCs side-by-side so I use my spy to drive from one PC and my tank guns from the other PC. In 2 days of hunting I gained 16 DEX and 16 INT levels, 12 STR levels, etc. I also collected 54 techs. Fun.

Gestra
26-04-04, 21:53
http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/cours/s31/i-want-to-believe.jpg

No really I do.

Wellard
27-04-04, 11:35
Like I've been saying to clanmembers that have been leaving (at least til Doy comes out) - the game is still the same one that I bought and liked as soon as I installed it - the delay of DoY hasnt changed my opinion.

In fact the game has improved - with patches, and the storyline has advanced - weekly with the Neocronicle - not many other games can boast that, so the delay makes no difference to me at all - to me its still the best mix of FPS and RP that money can buy.

Hayato
27-04-04, 11:36
i will have faith till sept and if DoY is pushed back anymore im gone for good.........

Jesterthegreat
27-04-04, 14:16

agreed

Candaman
27-04-04, 15:29
2 accounts cancelled one remaining but i don't play unless i'm needed on jupi certain people have made the game not fun anymore on pluto saturn is a lag fest u will find that about 80% on the population of all servers only continues to play due to the company they play with friends and such unfortunately piss of one of these and u have a domino effect when people follow. My account will remain active till DoY but i am not expecting "OOOOH RELEASE OF DOY LOOK 345234 PEOPLE PER SERVER" u haven't even started advertising DoY yet and if u did start advertising with the crap sneak peaks u've shown us then i can't see populations changes at all