PDA

View Full Version : CDV gets blasted by Brat for ruining Breed.

Lanigav
24-04-04, 22:50
Apparently CDV used an older code build, and then replaced/ruined various parts of the the game without Brat's permission (Brat developed Breed).

Chalk another disgruntled developer against CDV on the list.

http://www.cdv-board.de/english/showthread.php?threadid=31590

MrChumble
24-04-04, 23:16
I invited them here to ask how much we love CDV :lol:

Oath
24-04-04, 23:18
Good.

icarium
24-04-04, 23:40
what the PUBLISHER recodes games before it ships them? wtf. i thought the game designers designed the game and then the publisher sorted out all the getting it to the shops type stuff and had nothing to do with the coding of the game :wtf:

Serpent
24-04-04, 23:47
revenge :p

Genty
24-04-04, 23:54
I truely feel sorry for Brat Design and the reputation that this CDV fuck up will leave them with. I never followed this game but I always have respect for small developers that try and make a dint in the gaming Universe againsts the giants that are around. Like I have respect for Bohemia Interactive Studio (For Operation Flashpoint) and KK. Difference between these 3 small developers is one of them got the right publishers and as a concequence of this got huge respect not only from myself but from the whole gaming world.

shodanjr_gr
25-04-04, 00:13
And imagine ive been calling KK unproffesionals....

CDV must be run by a bunch of 5 year olds or something...

Vampire222
25-04-04, 01:26
a req to be hired at cdv is still having your baby teeth in, they couldnt possibly be any worse....

Judge
25-04-04, 02:21
CDV Suck.... Nuff' said I think.

Nope, nothing to add.

metalangel
25-04-04, 02:49
Ouch! Not good.

I have a lot of respect for Bohemia Interactive as well, I'm not too keen on Codemasters (their publishers) though, as I feel Codemasters probably meddled a little bit too much (giving the single player game a scripted plot, for example). But then, they did the same thing to the TOCA series (including dropping the BTCC franchise which launched it o_O )

I also respect DMA designs a lot more than Rockstar North which is what they became after Rockstar (publisher of some of the worst games I've seen in a long time) bought 'em. I mean, come on. What Rockstar game apart from the GTA series is genuinely excellent?

I thought as much. Damn meddling publishers.

Zanathos
25-04-04, 08:36
OMG!

Thats not the job of the publisher! only the game designers can do that!

BTW, i saw Breed at walmart :p

*GASP*

Cyphor
25-04-04, 19:18
what the PUBLISHER recodes games before it ships them? wtf. i thought the game designers designed the game and then the publisher sorted out all the getting it to the shops type stuff and had nothing to do with the coding of the game :wtf:

I presume they had a older version made onto the dics rather than waiting on brat to be happy with the game, thus they didnt release a recoded game just a game from an earlier period in beta which the coders weren't happy with yet.

Organics
25-04-04, 19:23
Ouch! Not good.

I have a lot of respect for Bohemia Interactive as well, I'm not too keen on Codemasters (their publishers) though, as I feel Codemasters probably meddled a little bit too much (giving the single player game a scripted plot, for example). But then, they did the same thing to the TOCA series (including dropping the BTCC franchise which launched it o_O )

I also respect DMA designs a lot more than Rockstar North which is what they became after Rockstar (publisher of some of the worst games I've seen in a long time) bought 'em. I mean, come on. What Rockstar game apart from the GTA series is genuinely excellent?

I thought as much. Damn meddling publishers.

Hmmm weren't Rockstar involved in MP1/2 ? Or was that just publishing. I know Remedy made it.

And I do agree, EA I seem to remember meddled in a couple of their games a long time ago, pissed me the fuck off. Publishers should be just that, and do just that.

PUBLISHERS! Publish, don't change things you know little or nothing about just to impose your views or whatever onto a game for whatever reason.

Nasher
25-04-04, 19:27
Its a shame what CDV did to breed, apparently one of the things they messed with was the graphics/textures and brightened them all up in a poorly done batch job (it messed the bump mapping up). Which is why the graphics seemed better in the old demo :/

I also heard something about CDV NOT ALLOWING Brat to release all the extra and more advanced multiplayer features.

Zanathos
26-04-04, 15:14
I TRIED to play the breed demo.... couldnt stand it for more than 10 minutes.

5 minutes of sitting there just waiting to actually do anything, and i couldnt skip it! for the love of god, i wasted 15 minutes of my life as i died 3 times trying to figure out how to fly.

After that, I spent another 10 minutes trying to shoot down all the breed planes, died, and uninstalled the stupid demo :p

I dont know who to pin the blame on, CDV or Brat for the screw up on this game that had some potential.

Ill say this about the game, the characters looked wierd, sounded wierd, used wierd combinations for words, the sound effects were pretty bad, the cut scenes werte bad, the music was alright, and the engine is a CPU hog. I can play UT2k4 on this computer with almost full details but not breed... Hmm, reminds me of neocron :)
Oh, as well, the enemies looked wierd O_o

Benjie
27-04-04, 00:35
CDV are fucking Assholes.

They butchered so many games, including two that I love, (Divine Divinity & Neocron) and Breed, which I was looking forward to!

p.s. Another classic CDV flash. www.divinedivinity.com

Organics
27-04-04, 01:21
HAHAHHHAHAHA :D

Great flash movie, :rolleyes: Or maybe not.

Awesome lip-synching, hell that could give Splinter Cell a run for its money :rolleyes:

:lol: