PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] A bit more RP-Content

Xaru
24-04-04, 20:03
I would like to see something ingame, that brings some more fun for us roleplayers.

Missions and epics are nice, but actually you just have to run from here to there, klick, bring something, or kill something or someone, and thats it. Wow! Very exciting after a while.

But what about ingame riddles? IN p&p there are soo many riddles. Could be number games or other knowlegde questions. Not only klick, not read, and get your target shown, click again and done. There should be textual input where you actually have to provide an answer. Not only 3 choices to choose from. And those Riddles should be many. Reward should only be XP on certain skills or Money. Depending on the missions. Would be an interesting way to level skills that are hard to level.

What interestme now is, what ideas for such Missions would you have? When we collect those ideas, then we could try to make a system for NC, that covers all these possibilities. And after that the community can provide new Content in form of these riddles. GMs could then revise and put them online.

I personally would like to see a system like this ingame rather today than tomorrow :p

Regards
Xaru

Xaru
24-04-04, 20:07
1. Idea - Treasurehunt

Every now and then you should find treasure maps in boxes or other permanent locations. There you should find information on the location of the treasure and a riddle. Then you go to the designated location. A tree, a bush or a box, etc. , that are targetable (best without a hitbox, like some doors in NC). Then klick on it, enter the solution to the riddle (so noone can loot it wthout the "password"), and get your moneyreward or a showoff-item. This hunt can surely cover several hints aswell.

Ok, this was the first :)

Regards
Xaru

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 20:15
I LOVE the idea of a treasurehunt. Reminds me of UO, where certain creatures dropped treasure maps.

Maybe boss mobs could have a small possibility(not filter heart 2 style or anything) of dropping a random treasure map.

*drools*

naimex
24-04-04, 21:48
Go to the mine, that has no name.

Follow the bots who plays your game.

Kill the monster that guards your bones.

And there youŽll find, the blueprint for the zones.

(translated it would mean, go to ceres mine, find an item there. Go to the kristal caves and retrieve the brain of the crystal cave queen, and you will have gene-repping without impairment)

:p

well no you wonŽt, but just an example :p

Xaru
30-04-04, 12:01
Nice example. Which states the difference between languages. So some of the riddles will be language specific :) Just hard to translate riddles.

Xaru

]v[ortice
30-04-04, 14:58
I used to go talk to every NPC that I met.

I'm like that with games... when I played Deus EX I had to read what everyone had to say. Trying out as many possibilities as I could to get the best from the text and trying to influence the storyline within the game by finding different ways to do things.

Basically in games like that i leave no stones unturned... boxes, doors etc... I gotta try em all.

The bugger with Neo is that the NPCs have no real value in the game. They add absolutely no realism. The extra NPCs that were spawned some time ago when Callash came in, don't actually appear on Uranus anymore (I don't know if anyone has noticed).

My point is... I'd like to find an NPC out in the wastes and be in a situation where I have to talk to that man/woman completely un-quest related.

It would be nice to actually 'find' NPCs in the middle of nowhere who have a story to tell with multiple choice replies that affect how that NPC treats you.

Imagine finding an NPC in the wastes who just wants to moan at you about his life you can listen, dismiss him or throw him a few credits to get drunk. BUT you only get one shot at speaking to him in this context... So you dismiss him... he say's:

"Hey, fuck you too man"

Or you throw him a few credits... he replies:

"Yeah I'll go get off my face... and all my problems will be solved right?"

And your other choice would be to listen to him ramble on.... and he comes out with:

"Hey thanks for your time buddy... I got an Archer Companion Rifle here with 5 free slots. Hell the condition isn't great but that Constructor who happened by here will certainly miss it. Tell you what, give me 20k and it's yours."

Obviously you would have the option of saying yes/no etc.

That's just an example... but the opportunities are inexhaustable... why not have some NPCs that just want to fight you cause they're drunk or simply because your in their way.

Then there's some you could hide cleverly that have the odd quest for a nice reward again... if you speak to them right. The Items don't have to be unique... just useful.

Some more NPCs that offer rewards for completing tasks that aren't just a one off and will take all you can supply etc, might give consters and researchers more cause to venture out and try new things. As long as all of this is reviewed and refreshed to suit the politics in the world of neocron on a regular basis then there is no reason why the RP content that we crave cannot be installed.

Callash... Giz a Job :)

Xaru
30-04-04, 15:28
Yeah, that was one of the big disappointments in NC, that the NPCs dont really have anything to say. Would be great if you could have decent conversations with them. That is another thing the community could do. I know a few people, who would love to come up with a few possible dialogs. And if you make them random, that would be even more fun. Just be surprised, that a person is actually talking to you. And not always the samen mumbojumbo, but different conversations.

KK definately needs to put up some ways to let us provide more content. It would be for their own good.

Xaru

MkVenner
30-04-04, 16:16
EVE's got those treasure map thingies too, pirates logs...so maybe the maps dont have t be maps persay, like some ones diary that details how he found a great tresure, but doesnt give a specific location so u have to work it out.

Another idea i had was u get an e-mail saying come meet me at [x location] i hgave a buisness propersition (sp i know) for you. So u go meet him, he says for instance i have [a certain commodoty] that needs transporting to [y location]. So you go there to deliver it to the said person. But it's a double cross, and theres different ways u can handle it

fight your way out

bluff your way out (success depends on a skill, barter maybe since its the closest to charisma there is)

make em a deal (same skill check sorta thingy)

...or say you steal the commodity u sdont go to the drop point, then the thugs spawn in your app (:p )

ZyproN
30-04-04, 16:57
I like the idear. Lets hope its going to happens :D

Kasumi
30-04-04, 17:09
Not sure if someone said already but..

I would like to see things that are "junk" that appear in different places.. Like a cave or you fall into a small crack.. What would be lieing there is something like a "holodisk" like in fallout.. I think thats wha tthey were called.. You can take it to different places to get information.. A few different options to look at things tha thave happened in the past.. Nothing important is given to you but it add to RP experience I think.. :)

I also like to have NPCs that give you things in return for helping them.. Some may want money from you or just a help for drink or food.. In return they give you RP items.. Things like plants, dead plants, new clothes, broken funiture, rings, other things.. or even location of certain things.. Broken things or dead things could be "rebuilt" at a another NPC maybe at ProtoPharma for plants and DRE for house stuff.. hehe.. :P Depend on how you treat the NPC depends on how good item is and the quality of it I guess..

hehe Not very good ideas I suppose.. ^^;;

Benjie
30-04-04, 17:13
50% of the Talky NPC's could give quests. Completing them rewards with XP and Credits. (like in fallout)

There used to be one in Tangent HQ Plaza 2. He gave you a quest to give a datacube to Krytens Plaza 4, and he rewarded you with XP and Credits, but he has since been deleted. :(

I want more of these. Different types. More interactions with NPC's. Possibility to fail.