PDA

View Full Version : who whants termi added?

tomparadox
24-04-04, 16:49
jest out of curiosity, how many other people whant the terminator shotgun to be added? other thant he 10 that are already on eatch server...

EDIT: sorry for the typo, the yed is suposed to be yes...

Nidhogg
24-04-04, 16:54
Poll edited.

N

retr0n
24-04-04, 16:57
yes please!!!!

extract
24-04-04, 16:59
just sell it at YOs

tomparadox
24-04-04, 17:05
Poll edited.
Thank you ^^

rofl can they sell it at YOs =p jest say it was an accident like the TS rifle =p

ZoomZoom
24-04-04, 17:08
i dont think temi is any good anyways but it should be added

tomparadox
24-04-04, 17:12
its good if you use the right ammo mod =p and if you cap it... my m8s tank on pluto got ********** by one, and so did i cus of the stack dmg and fast shooting...

n3m
24-04-04, 17:14
just out of curiosity, who voted no and wtf not?

Possessed
24-04-04, 17:25
DoT is actually bugged.

Explosive termi > all :)

The thing is that the termi is one of the only really rare things in the game..., even though I don't play anymore, I don't want it to become something that everyone has... or can get easily. It should be implemented, but make it damn hard to get....

Richard Blade
24-04-04, 17:28
Now that I voted no, I have to ask something.
When you say, "add" termi, do you mean to the rare pool that drops from warbots and firemobs?
Or, "add" it in regards to getting the terminator books to drop so we can have the "epics" for it?

The rares pool is too deep as it is, however, if you want it from the books dropping, then I'd say yes.

Lafiel
24-04-04, 17:45
cant we keep anything in this game rare?

wont you ppl stop whining about everything and stop ruining it.... i dotn want everything in this game fuckin as common as a whatever jus common...

Scikar
24-04-04, 17:53
KK are trying to add it, but are having problems with the loot drop system, IIRC. It's not just a simple case of who wants it and who doesn't.

amfest
24-04-04, 18:47

wont you ppl stop whining about everything and stop ruining it.... i dotn want everything in this game fuckin as common as a whatever jus common...
I think that only works if there is a possible way to obtain these. Like keep 10 avilable on the servers but let's remove safeslot and make belts dropable in warzones. Then the weapons can circulate on the servers. The percent to drop a rare though should be made less, but it still does happen. People would argue that no one would use rares anymore but I dont' think that would be the case. If you die yes you can lose your rare but if the other person dies then the same goes for them.

On another note I think there should be a 95% chance that the drop won't be in a hackable belt but just dropped on the ground. ;)

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 18:58
I don't know if I want the termi added. I think it might be a bit too powerful for it's TL.

But anyways, it shouldn't be super rare. PvP weapons generally shouldn't be super rare, so that only a select lucky few can use it. So yea even though I think it's a bit too strong, I think everyone should have a chance to get it.

I vote yes.

extract
24-04-04, 19:08
I assume all these people who say "cant we keep anything in this game rare" types are the people who already have them....

wonder if these were the same people whos clan camped the site, got like 15, everyone in their clan is kitted so its all good, fuck everyone else right?

or are you the guy who lucked out and stealth theifed the dog tag I rightfully earned when I killed the GM?

fuck that, add the damn thing, Ive waited too damn long for one...

amfest
24-04-04, 19:25
I say it sometimes and I don't have it. So assumption wrong ;)

but as I said earlier I also believe in taking that safeslot out and warzone adjustments. Everyone says fine then no one will leave the safezones or not use it. Hey that's your choice right? And when safezones are removed you'd only be confined to your apt. If it's a weapon that you can use .. people will use it. I hope they adjust this right before BDOY comes out so when the new people come in they wont' be corrupted by the idea of a safeslot and no belt drop warzones.

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 19:40
Well said Extract.

L3m0n
24-04-04, 19:46
I assume all these people who say "cant we keep anything in this game rare" types are the people who already have them....

wonder if these were the same people whos clan camped the site, got like 15, everyone in their clan is kitted so its all good, fuck everyone else right?

or are you the guy who lucked out and stealth theifed the dog tag I rightfully earned when I killed the GM?

fuck that, add the damn thing, Ive waited too damn long for one...
true and nicely put, but wtf? did you read the title? its about the termi not rares in General o_O
yes put it in but not as a rare part drop, fix the epic and it could be very good for those capped PEs/Spys who need "somethin" added to the game till DOY comes out.

Birkoff
24-04-04, 20:28
The best close quarters low tech rifle in the game shouldn't be impossible to find :S Takes the edge of pvp some what. Either make it a little less powerful or make it so that normal players can get a hold of 1 how ever hard it is.

YOu got book drops working... might of been WAY out of perportion, but you got them working, what went wrong?

Parappa
24-04-04, 20:31
Add it? And lower the value of mine :lol:

just kidding... I think the books should drop like filter2s drop now.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 20:31
I say Yes because right now the Shotguns are junk and no one uses them cuz they do junk damage.

But I'm sure if it was added then I would never be able to use it since it will proably need some capped out PC to have it, huh.

tomparadox
25-04-04, 01:20

dude, there are only 10 on eatch server and that was frome an event, they arnt rare if you cant get them without paying a ton of money or rares or MC5s or something to get them... they arnt even worth what iv seen ppl ask for them, but you cant get them anyware else so they ask all that for it. and ontop of that outa the 10 that are on eatch server i have only see 2, 1 on pluto and 1 on uranus...

I say Yes because right now the Shotguns are junk and no one uses them cuz they do junk damage.

But I'm sure if it was added then I would never be able to use it since it will proably need some capped out PC to have it, huh.

nah, i do believ the reqs are like 90 somethign dex or something...

Clownst0pper
25-04-04, 14:04
They are very much worth it, explosive ammo modded there amazing, Cartel had a 5 slot one, but they fucked the modding on it big time.

Y ever put more than one ammo mod on a gun? Its 2 much hassle, and really makes fuck all difference.

The 5 slot should have had - Ultima/Silencer/Laser/Flashlight/Explosive Riot Rounds.

Would have made it 120/120 and about 115% dmg, perfectly cappable in every way seen as its such low TL.

I used it many times, its very difficult to aim, but i havnt tried it after its boost :p

Opar
25-04-04, 16:30
I believe it SHOULD be added, but....

It ****HAS**** to be VERY RARE. It's one of the few items in the game which is truely rare at the moment. So lets keep it that way.

El Barto
25-04-04, 18:11
I won't even be able to use them and I want them in game

jernau
26-04-04, 01:46
I like it as it is and I liked it this way before I got one.

tomparadox
26-04-04, 01:51
I like it as it is and I liked it this way before I got one.

so you say no? why no?

jernau
26-04-04, 01:56
so you say no? why no?
I like the idea of a few ultra-rare items in game as long as they don't cause any balance issues. The Terminator is perfect in this regard as it's by no means the best weapon in it's class or even in it's TL range (PE is only 4TL higher and a much better gun).

tomparadox
26-04-04, 02:02
I like the idea of a few ultra-rare items in game as long as they don't cause any balance issues. The Terminator is perfect in this regard as it's by no means the best weapon in it's class or even in it's TL range (PE is only 4TL higher and a much better gun).

true, but IMO its not a rare unless you can get it without begging the person or find one thats leaving. IMO they should atlest make it extreemly rare like FH2 ifnot a lot harder. or make it so every now and then another one comes into the server population, because as it is right now, noone but the 10 people on eatche server. like make a hard event and have that as the reword.

jernau
26-04-04, 02:05
The FH2 drop rate would be fine. I'm hoping that's what Callash is aiming at in his Strange Book plan.

Pfehh
26-04-04, 03:45
I think I've made it clear on what I think of unobtainable items. I don't care how hard something is to get, or how rare and random, as long as I actually have a fighting chance.

Lanigav
26-04-04, 05:42
If you want to get aroused by having ultra rare items that no one else can concievably get without selling their vital organs, then go play Everquest. This game was never made or intended to have "ph4t l00tz" like this where a specific type of weapon is supposed to be ridiculously impossible to get a hold of. Now, 4-5 slotted versions of weapons perhaps, but not the weapon in its entirety.

Let the thing drop as a rare book like it was intended, or add it to the rare pool (and take out the god damn slot enhancers and ultima mod parts). It needs to be accessible, especially since low tech users have one, and only one rare rifle to use.

hose187
26-04-04, 06:54
May not be the place to bring this up, but couldn't they simply adjust how many books you need to do the run? The books were dropping like crazy at one point, so just make each person need 5 or 10 to start the run instead of trying to mess with the loot tables more.

jernau
26-04-04, 06:59
If you want to get aroused by having ultra rare items that no one else can concievably get without selling their vital organs, then go play Everquest.There is a thing called compromise. It's somewhere between giving everyone easy access to everything (eg quake) and camping your life away (eg EQ). Funnily enough Neocron is a meant to be a blending of FPS (Quake) and RPG (EQ).

This game was never made or intended to have "ph4t l00tz" like this where a specific type of weapon is supposed to be ridiculously impossible to get a hold of. Now, 4-5 slotted versions of weapons perhaps, but not the weapon in its entirety.Says who? KK clearly don't feel that. There have always been a few ultra-rare items in the game. Terminator may be more useful than drugs no-one uses and suchlike but it's nothing new in principal.

/edit @hose - It's a lot tidier to adjust the drop-rate than make it need multiple items. Also as they seem to not have control of the drop-rate it may be just as hard to work out how many to ask for. Interesting idea though.

Lanigav
26-04-04, 08:38
Says who? KK clearly don't feel that. There have always been a few ultra-rare items in the game. Terminator may be more useful than drugs no-one uses and suchlike but it's nothing new in principal.

True, but there have never been weapons like that, until now, and weapons are far more important than any other item in the game. I don't really have a problem with having ultra-rare drugs or implants as they're not really necessary, but still give nice enough benefits for people to actually want them. However, I hate the idea of ultra-rare weapons that are totally unattainable and unreplenishable, especially ones that are the only kind in their class (i.e., if you're going to have an ultra rare shotgun, then there should also be a rare shotgun that isn't ultra-rare as well), and are a viable alternative to a player who, until now, has been limited to only one rare that he/she can use.

Its so rare that you can't even camp your life away to get this gun. That's silly, especially for a weapon that could potentially make the rifle PE a lot more fun to play. Everyone should have some sort of chance at getting it, and shouldn't be penalized just for missing or not succeeding at an event.

jernau
26-04-04, 08:48
Soulblade was like that for quite a while actually.

Also I'd say implants are at least as important as weapons and Kamis are similarly rare. MC5s are more common but still comparable.

I don't like the idea of 2 rares of one type (rare and rarer) as the cool thing with the Terminator is it's obvious the minute you draw it what it is. Add another rare shotgun and Terminator isn't half as cool anymore.

The only problem I can see here is that there aren't enough rare low-tech rifles. That is being fixed though - there will be a rare street-rifle soon and maybe others too by the time the relevant patch finally hits retail. This problem is a seperate issue though.

FYI - I don't think Callash/KK intend it to be this rare so you will probably get it your way soon. In the meantime I'm glad that it's the way it is and hope that if it changes they add something else in it's plae.

tomparadox
26-04-04, 12:29
FYI - I don't think Callash/KK intend it to be this rare so you will probably get it your way soon. In the meantime I'm glad that it's the way it is and hope that if it changes they add something else in it's plae.

yea... some one ( a GM ) told me that the book drope or the NPC wasent working right so they took it out and i think they are trying to fix it... and yea i dont think it would be good if the termi droped like the rare gloves do.

off topic: btw anyone know wtf is with the rare glove droprate? i have aquired 3 or more of each kind in about a week and still gaining Oo... same with mal tecks and apu tecks Oo...

-=BlackBeard=-
26-04-04, 14:25
dude it is already in the game my PE had one there are not many on each server but still posible to get.

Original monk
26-04-04, 14:37
- there will be a rare street-rifle soon

ONO, no streetrifle :eek:

its the only weapon im in great fear for !

why ? cause i been killed a trizillion times with it :/ in beta4 :/

daamn overpowerd phosphor streetrifles :/

and a terminator ? -> let it be rare so the people who have one are happy with there rare item, the terminater is sucky sucky anyway :)

Dribble Joy
26-04-04, 14:40
My thoughts exactly, an ultra rare item somewhere at the low end of the tl spectrum for rares (or when It will not create a balance issue), would be cool, as it is with the termi (or rather when DoT is fixed).
Like a rare grenade launcher, or a rare street model rifle (as someone mentioned) or a rare nailgun (low tl with no knock back). They are instantly recognisable, but have no effect on balance and possibly are a bit crap compared to the other weapons.

-=BlackBeard=-
26-04-04, 14:40
"and a terminator ? -> let it be rare so the people who have one are happy with there rare item, the terminater is sucky sucky anyway"

i totally agree i lommed to use it and found out the Wyatt with an explosive mod is better .... there are enough termis in the game to make the owner feel special and unique so dont add anymore .. the starter of this thread is only whining because he cant be botherd to get off his ass and find one himself

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 14:43
From what I've heard, the Terminator sucks or rules depending on what it's modded with, or not at all.

@ Beard: It is in game, but we're discussing its availability.

That's like saying "But dude, I got MC5 chips!" while MC5 is closed.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 15:15
Add another rare shotgun and Terminator isn't half as cool anymore.

So it's only about the coolness factor? o_O

What about making the rare "cool" in another way. Like what if KK added another TL rare TL 101 energy spell for apus, but it made like an electrical aura around their body and had a kickass projectile animation.

ezza
26-04-04, 15:28

What about making the rare "cool" in another way. Like what if KK added another TL rare TL 101 energy spell for apus, but it made like an electrical aura around their body and had a kickass projectile animation.
you mean lag effect projectile animation :p

jernau
26-04-04, 20:08
To a large extent yes. Actually I quite like it for hunting certain MOBs but generally speaking it's not a great gun. Hence ideal for an ultra-rare IMO as it's not a balance issue.

That would also be cool as long as it isn't better than a HL. If KK were to decide the Terminator was to stay as rare as it is (or close to that) then they should definitely add something similar for every other class.

tomparadox
26-04-04, 21:51
i totally agree i lommed to use it and found out the Wyatt with an explosive mod is better .... there are enough termis in the game to make the owner feel special and unique so dont add anymore .. the starter of this thread is only whining because he cant be botherd to get off his ass and find one himself

erm...about that.. for one. there are only 10 each server makeing it imposible to get. its not that i or anyone that dosent have one is lazy its we cant get them.. read my thread more closly befor makeing yourself look like an ass, kthx...

To a large extent yes. Actually I quite like it for hunting certain MOBs but generally speaking it's not a great gun. Hence ideal for an ultra-rare IMO as it's not a balance issue.

yea... id prefer it for mob hunting... frome the ppl iv seen useing it its ok in pvp but not super...

basicly IMO it shouldent be droped easaly... it should be like FH2 drops if not harder, jest as long as we dont half to give a ton of stuff ( like one of eatch MC5 or something)...

jernau
26-04-04, 22:18
There are quite a few more than 10 per server. I bought mine without too much difficulty in fact. This was on Saturn before the recent population drop so I'm sure on other servers and/or after the recent departures the prices are lower now.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 22:19
Jernau if all the current termi holders don't want to give it away, then there's nothing other people can do to get it.

If you think "people might sell it" is a realistic way of obtaining it, then you're sadly mistaken. :cool:

jernau
26-04-04, 22:24
Jernau if all the current termi holders don't want to give it away, then there's nothing other people can do to get it.

If you think "people might sell it" is a realistic way of obtaining it, then you're sadly mistaken. :cool:I never said it was easy or that everyone could do it. If either of those were the case it would hardly be ultra-rare would it? The point is that if you are determined enough it is possible but not guaranteed that you can get one.

Oh and before anyone says I just want to keep it this way for myself - a) I said the same things before I had one and b) I think the same wrt Spirit Mods and I don't have one of them.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 22:26
The point is that if you are determined enough it is possible if not guaranteed that you can get one.

Um no, there is no guarantee when it comes to other people. If it was a super fantasticly rare 1 in a 2000000000000000000000000000000 drop from mobs. Then you could say with enough(and having no life :p) work from a player, they could get one.

But alot of the termi holders are also rich people with mc5 chips who really don't need anything. You can't "guarantee" that you'll be able to get one from these people, just because YOU were one of the lucky ones that was able to get it.

jernau
26-04-04, 22:28
That's what I said ;).

/edit - btw, did I read somewhere you are on Saturn now SD?

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 22:31
What do you mean "That's what I said"?

Oh and i'm not really on saturn. I have a 75 psi base apu there. But I have no cash or weapons. And i can't be bothered to collect parts, create weapons, do boring ass leveling again. bah

Maybe I could do the leveling, but I sure as hell am not gonna collect for parts again. Screw that.

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 22:35
To tell the truth, I think you guys are talking the same thing.

Now then, 3 beers! :D

jernau
26-04-04, 22:37
What do you mean "That's what I said"?
I said it wasn't guaranteed, only possible.

The whole point of "ultra-rare" is that the probability is low. Yes that does mean the rich and the lucky get them but hey that's life. As long as the item in question has no balance impact it's all good IMO.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 22:42
I said it wasn't guaranteed, only possible.

The whole point of "ultra-rare" is that the probability is low. Yes that does mean the rich and the lucky get them but hey that's life. As long as the item in question has no balance impact it's all good IMO.

I guess that's where we disagree. I don't think termi should be ultra rare, seeing how it's the only rare shotgun. I also don't think ultra rare items should only be obtainable from other players, that's silly.

As a matter of fact, the whole idea of ultra rare "pvp" items is shakey to me. I only like my idea of ultra rare pvp items. Basically items that are the same as other current rares or maybe a tad stronger, and look very very different and/or cool.

plague
26-04-04, 22:54
Ultra rare is not possible in nc no matter how hard it is to get, the only rare thing in nc is the stuff that's been taken out like kami but it's not rare, it's just not in game. So no matter how hard they make it to get there always be some bunch of caped plays like meself who bored to hell and just go and get it. I say they just add teh termi to tech pull until they get it all straighten out...

Scikar
26-04-04, 22:59
I'd support ultra rare in a situation where they might drop the item in question. Instead the Terminators available will go the same way as things like the Zargerus belt - not particularly great but useful for some people, yet with grossly inflated cost. The majority of Terminators will sit in apartment cabs, never heard of again until the owner's apartment gets wiped.

jiga
26-04-04, 23:03
then they should definitely add something similar for every other class.
Other classes shuldn't get similar items coz it defeats the point of having classes. But they should have another item to keep them happy

tomparadox
26-04-04, 23:07
There are quite a few more than 10 per server. I bought mine without too much difficulty in fact. This was on Saturn before the recent population drop so I'm sure on other servers and/or after the recent departures the prices are lower now.

Oo.. i thought it was only 10. they were given out at an event. if there is more than 10 you dun see it. iv seen now a totle of 3 ppl with them. and eatch one whanted an ammount of money ( CR ) or MC5s that would take me about a year to get... i dont need one that bad anyway. i jest sugested they should be added but as a ruly ruly rare thing like FH2s...

jernau
26-04-04, 23:09
I'd support ultra rare in a situation where they might drop the item in question. Instead the Terminators available will go the same way as things like the Zargerus belt - not particularly great but useful for some people, yet with grossly inflated cost. The majority of Terminators will sit in apartment cabs, never heard of again until the owner's apartment gets wiped.
Zargerus belt is different again and btw I don't think it drops (set to a zero value item). My Terminator isn't in my apt.

@Jiga - What I mean is that each class should have an ultra-rare not that all rares be the same.

tomparadox
27-04-04, 02:35
Zargerus belt is different again and btw I don't think it drops (set to a zero value item). My Terminator isn't in my apt.

i had one of those belts on test server once...

Connell
27-04-04, 02:38
I would lom all the way into rifle for that ;P i love shotties

PS. Make a special nailgun!!!!! Short range, bad aiming, hurts and pushes back. Sounds even to me

tomparadox
27-04-04, 02:44
PS. Make a special nailgun!!!!! Short range, bad aiming, hurts and pushes back. Sounds even to me

offtopic: nah =p.. jest make a ppu. cap him or close to make a uber nailgun of the highest TL he can use if you stick alota dex in pistol then use pistol 3 + poisen nails + dmg bost + para and it ownz...

Lanigav
27-04-04, 21:51
Well, that fact is this. Many players have wanted a rare shotgun to use for a long time, not only to help make low tech rifle users more viable, but because they're just a fun gun to use. It really sucks that KK decided to make this weapon the "ultra-rare", screwing over those of us who have waited and don't feel like waisting their life away in NC just to get one.

jernau
27-04-04, 22:00
Someone would have said the same about any type of gun though.