PDA

View Full Version : Unusual character symbols...

RayBob
24-04-04, 04:44
Some people have names that use an incredible combination of unusual character symbols. If you are running at a high resolution it is near impossible to see the names clearly.

I am glad that KK has allowed people to use such custom names. However, there are times when idiots with these names are abusive or constant trade channel spammers. It is nearly impossible to correctly reproduce these names and add them to your ignore list.

I need to keep the trade channel unmuted to conduct trades but there has to be an easier way to add these people to your ignore list.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 05:15
Just tell em to shut their freaking HOLES!!!!!!!O_o

Geth
24-04-04, 06:38
I totally agree, too many people use the trade channels for OOC chats. Hell I do it sometimes (though I don't really mean to :( ).

All I can suggest is try to find where the spammer is and get them in your local list. If you click on their name in the local list, I think the name is put in the direct chat window. I don't know how to get the ignore command to work in the direct chat window, but at least it a start.

Archeus
24-04-04, 06:43
yea the local trick works and very handy. type the following to put them on ignore.

+i username

The other option is to alt-tab out to windows and read your console log file to get their proper name (although you can't cut/paste).

Another option (which may not help you). Go to the mail screen and add contact, then type in part of thier name surrounded by %%. Example.

%%muppet%%

This allows you to see thier name in game. Great way to see if a person is impersonating as well.