PDA

View Full Version : Am I less than you?

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 02:17
After zero to do in neocron, i decided to lom my capped, pure, APU to APU kami hybrid.

She uses shelter, blessed deflector, tl3 heal, heal sanctum, dmg boost sanctum.

Now, I get 105/min on holy lighting, cap a shelter's % and can run cast all heals.

Sure to cast dmg boost sanctum i have to remove PA but it makes little difference, im that quick with it, it takes seconds.

Yet on saturn, ive encountered nothing but aggresion towards my new setup, as if im lower than a pure, as next to nothing compared to a pure.

Is it that wrong to be a hybrid, and push my class to its limits?

Its actually so verbally frowned upon im actually thinking of going pure again, just to avoid the hassle and verbal greif of it all.

Any one else found that being a hybrid and challenging the cookie cutter causes abit of grief? :confused: :(

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 02:23
Yes it does cause grief. Because those people are ignorant IMO.

They are comparing what a hybrid can do, to what a pure can do in an op war. And then if they can't match up to a pure, somehow they are crap. But the thing is, a hybrid should be judged as a separate class. They critiscize the hybrid for being useless at op wars. Of course that's not true. To me a hybrid and a PE are near equal in op wars, depending on setup. A hybrid may even be more useful. But no one calls the PE useless.

They think because a hybrid is not as good or important as a pure, then that means he's crap. But that is only because he's a monk. Like I said, no one says a pe is crap.

My main point is, a hybrid should be judged as a class in itself.

EDIT:Even if it was somehow inferior, people shouldn't be giving you grief because of it.

Birkoff
24-04-04, 02:25
Hybrid is but kidan canceled mine last night.... I would never use the setup your using though :)

Maybe if some1 wanted to cap int :S

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 02:26
The thing is shadow, most pures ask for a psi 3, if i ask for a psi 3, and an S/D i am identicle to them in every way, apart from the fact i can still use a dmg boost/heal/heal sanctum/S/D.

Why must they view me as a seperate, negative spec line? :mad:

Hybrid is but kidan canceled mine last night.... I would never use the setup your using though

Can I ask Y?

kurai
24-04-04, 02:40
Getting aggression because of that setup seems a trifle bizarre to me.

If anything you would probably be an asset to an OP team - you will be more self sufficient than 70% of the rest of the force, and not take up so much of a pure PPUs time (if any), leaving them more free to look after the APUs who would otherwise just be a greasy smear on the landscape without constant coddling.

Birkoff
24-04-04, 02:55
Hehe.. probably only b/c i was hybrid back in the day... you know when NC was getting new content half regulary and was fun :)

116/116 all the way :)

Scikar
24-04-04, 02:57
Hehe.. probably only b/c i was hybrid back in the day... you know when NC was getting new content half regulary and was fun :)

116/116 all the way :)

You mean when there was no point in another class even bothering to fight the average hybrid? Fun for 1/8 the community maybe.

joran420
24-04-04, 03:25
if u cap damage and fire rate on APU spells tbh no one should bitch

and even if not(its your cha should play him how u want) no one should bitch....they just might not want u on their PK team :P

Eledhbrant
24-04-04, 03:40
Kreole's hyb is fun to fight :D

XSuneX
24-04-04, 03:42
Please, why would you not try to average out your skills? The game seems made for that.

The others are trying to be the top APU or PPU or What ever and are getting high off of that, and at the same time are jealous of you now?!!! Give me a brake! :wtf:

-FN-
24-04-04, 06:32
Yet on saturn, ive encountered nothing but aggresion towards my new setup, as if im lower than a pure, as next to nothing compared to a pure.

Well A) Saturn's ambience, from my experience, is considerably less mature than Pluto's (while Pluto isn't land of the grown ups :p there is still a large difference between the two as people seem to hide behind the anonymity of their alts), so Saturn criticism doesn't surprise me.

And B) Why even tell people your setup? Just kill them. They can laugh when they're done getting rezzed.

trigger hurt
24-04-04, 06:48
After zero to do in neocron, i decided to lom my capped, pure, APU to APU kami hybrid.

She uses shelter, blessed deflector, tl3 heal, heal sanctum, dmg boost sanctum.

Now, I get 105/min on holy lighting, cap a shelter's % and can run cast all heals.

Sure to cast dmg boost sanctum i have to remove PA but it makes little difference, im that quick with it, it takes seconds.

Is it that wrong to be a hybrid, and push my class to its limits?

Its actually so verbally frowned upon im actually thinking of going pure again, just to avoid the hassle and verbal greif of it all.

Any one else found that being a hybrid and challenging the cookie cutter causes abit of grief? :confused: :(
I dont think you are less than anyone else. Perhaps it's the attitude that comes along with it. Like a couple days ago...when noone noticed you at cycrow but you had to make it a point to let everyone know you were there...even though you had just gr'd in from dying earlier.

Player your char the way you want. Ignore the people who bash you because you play your own way...but please...stop blowing your own horn.

MrChumble
24-04-04, 11:51
While I wouldn't go as far as to verbally criticise, I'd certainly be a bit irritated if you brought that hybrid to an OP war. Why would I (as PPU) spend my time caring for a hybrid when I could spend my time caring for a pure APU?
Sure you have TL3 heal, but that's not enough to outheal anything an OP war ready char is going to throw at you. So the choice to my PPU becomes: do I heal and shelter the pure APU with 200 energy resist, or the hybrid with so little energy resist he'd die to a cyberhound?
The answer is neither. I heal and buff the tank. Stupid APUs can piss off.

olavski
24-04-04, 11:57
Why would I (as PPU) spend my time caring for a hybrid when I could spend my time caring for a pure APU?

You don't, hybrid means "i'll try to take care of myself' ;)

retr0n
24-04-04, 11:58

:D my hero <3

___T-X____
24-04-04, 12:00
You neglected to post that you probably run around freezing everyone first

MrChumble
24-04-04, 12:31
You don't, hybrid means "i'll try to take care of myself' ;)

An APU kami hybrid with TL3 heal couldn't take care of himself if his life depended on it. Which it does, how inconvenient.

You neglected to post that you probably run around freezing everyone first

1) Stay Alive
2) Shelter
3) Heal
4) Deflector
5) Dmg boost
6) Para
7) Make a cup of tea
8) Help PEs/Hybrids

That's generally how I prioritise my actions in OP wars :)

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 12:39
So the choice to my PPU becomes: do I heal and shelter the pure APU with 200 energy resist, or the hybrid with so little energy resist he'd die to a cyberhound?

The thing is, i take double the dmg of a standard APU as you can counter spec to negatives of an apu kami...U just put on a heavy energy belt, PA then about 80 energy in con.

All im saying is with a psi 3 and holy shelter im identicle to any apu.

I hit as hard as an apu, I run as a quick as an APU. What is your problem???

MrChumble
24-04-04, 13:00
What is your problem???

APUs can piss off.

I'd prolly throw a heal your way if you were dying, but at the end of the day I'd focus on the tanks, because they don't die without some serious effort. APUs irritate me, and slightly gimped APUs irritate me even more :p

If you wanna be hybrid go 50/50 and do something useful.

n3m
24-04-04, 13:02
They should just fight you, if they think you suck

been there done that, need a DS and a kami :P

Furion
24-04-04, 13:06
Yeah, i remember when i had my hybrid and was standing in p3, then comes some random enemy tank saying: lololol, why u not in PA noob?
me: im a hybrid
tank: roflamso, hybrids suxx0r
me: all right, come to pp1

tank comes and dies.
tank on trade-NC: lag...

olavski
24-04-04, 13:36
They should just fight you, if they think you suck

been there done that, need a DS and a kami :P

I have a 5 slotted baseball bat.

Who needs DS then ? :p

Scikar
24-04-04, 13:52
I'd prolly throw a heal your way if you were dying, but at the end of the day I'd focus on the tanks, because they don't die without some serious effort. APUs irritate me, and slightly gimped APUs irritate me even more :p

If you wanna be hybrid go 50/50 and do something useful.
Then I'm very much glad you're not a PPU in my clan. APUs are just as important as Tanks at OP wars, it's hard enough that the importance of classes aren't balanced as it is without people deliberately leaving their own team members to die on the grounds that they don't like their choice of class. I'm not a big fan of PPUs myself, but if I saw a friendly PPU being attacked, I would step in and defend him. I despise stealthing PEs, but that doesn't mean I would stand by and watch a friendly PE get killed 3v1. Who they are and what side they are on comes first, their choice of class is irrelevant.

@Kreole: Your result is an APU which can still fight and hunt solo. You can do an APU's job at an OP war when PPU buffed, but when there isn't a PPU around you can still fight fairly well. If people playing APUs start giving you shit, just ask them to remind you when was the last time they went out fighting without a PPU stuck up their ass. The most likely answer is never, which just shows why they can't understand the benefits of your class choice. That said, I prefer a PPU-biased hybrid myself. :p

EDIT: However if you intend to use parashock in every fight as you tend to do on your PE, then you have probably found the reason why people are hostile towards you.

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 14:10
EDIT: However if you intend to use parashock in every fight as you tend to do on your PE, then you have probably found the reason why people are hostile towards you.

Holy parashock bolt, works a treat :)

I completely agree with what u say about MrChumble, id take an APU to an op war any day over a tank, parashock + dmg boost on anyone and the APU is gonna take them down, far quicker than a tank ever can.
To be ignorant and narrow out a class just because u dont like them, well u dont deserve to be a PPU.

COLD
24-04-04, 14:12
I myself deleted my capped PE and started a monk to play around with a Hybrid set up. I have always believed it unfair that a PE can use h/s/d , Spies can use h/d/and drug to use shelter, and even a Tank can cast a shitty h/d but an APU is expected to do without, so I am spec'd to cap h/d and am dumping the rest in APU and PPW to still deal decent dmg. It works fine for PvM but I am still LE so haven't tried PvP yet. I figure I'll probably wear out my self poke tool once I pull the LE out :p

Scikar
24-04-04, 14:15
Holy parashock bolt, works a treat :)

I completely agree with what u say about MrChumble, id take an APU to an op war any day over a tank, parashock + dmg boost on anyone and the APU is gonna take them down, far quicker than a tank ever can.
To be ignorant and narrow out a class just because u dont like them, well u dont deserve to be a PPU.
Actually if you read what I said again, I consider APUs to be just as important as Tanks, not more so. I would rather take my Tank to an OP war personally.

What you're saying however seems to highlight what the problem is. People aren't having a go at you because you're a hybrid, they're having a go at you because it simply looks like you're not a very good APU and have to make a setup with the same offense but with parashock in order to compete.

Garg [RogueNET]
24-04-04, 14:16
Clown, as a Saturn player myself i have to say.. that it doesnt matter what u are ull get "verbally" beaten anyways.

MrChumble
24-04-04, 15:15
stuff about APUs not being wank

I usually have the option to leave our APUs in the (generally more capable) hands of our other PPUs. My personal preference is to team with 2 tanks. That's not to say I won't heal a friendly APU in distress, but I'd prefer to leave that job to someone else.
And of course APUs have a use in OP wars. Someone needs to log one on at the end of the fight to scare away the enemy PPUs.

Carinth
24-04-04, 20:04
I'm an admitedly very gimped hybrid and not very pvp capable at all, but it's still fun now and then. I run into hostility everywhere, or if not hostility then disbelief. Many can't grasp the concept that I don't want to be pure. I don't want to be dependant on others anymore. It's awesome to be a ppu and live through 5 people shooting you.. but I've been a ppu for over a year now. It does eventualy get old : ) So now when I'm ganked by a Tank, PPU, and APU, they proceede to tell me how much I suck and what a noob I am. I suppose this is what I get for having been so good as a ppu. Monks aside, I can manage to pvp with at most two opponents. Unfortuanetly PPU's always show up to remind me how much it sucks to not be able to use Holy Antiparalysis or Cath Sanctum ; )

Hybrids are damned if you do, damned if you don't. If we're not super powerful then we're mocked for playing a weak class. I won't bother trying to explain that warped logic. On the other hand if we do kick butt in pvp, we're instantly an overpowered hybrid who should be stomped on with everything kk has. I killed a Tank that thought he was cool attacking me while I was out hunting. He was by no means a good Tank at all, so I killed him rather easily. He then dm'd me saying that I was a no talent overpowered hybrid. So yes, Hybrids will run into hostility everywhere they go. It's our fault evidently : p

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 20:13
The thing is, i take double the dmg of a standard APU as you can counter spec to negatives of an apu kami...U just put on a heavy energy belt, PA then about 80 energy in con.

All im saying is with a psi 3 and holy shelter im identicle to any apu.

I hit as hard as an apu, I run as a quick as an APU. What is your problem???

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously doubt you're identical to an apu. You'd still have a huge defensive weakness compared to other apus. First of all you have 80 energy in con. You must have little or no x-ray and heat. Then you wear heavy energy belt. So little or not heat + no heavy fire belt. Then factor in the huge x-ray weakness. You'll still go down alot faster than another other apu with holy shelta assuming they have a decent con setup.

Feel free to prove me wrong. :p

ezza
24-04-04, 20:15
lmao if people talk smack about your hybrid kill them thats if they dare to fight you.

the people who say that shit to you are proberbly idiots who dont know there ass from there elbow.

i love my hybrid, while not capped i have fun, leveling is a bore but even at my noobish state ive pvp'd when i had to, won some lost some and concidering im using a TL55 item and not capped my defensive skills yet i do alright.

do whatever you want, if it makes the game more fun to play as a hybrid i see no reason not to be one.

blah blah hybrids suxx etc err STFU noob

in op wars though not sure id go with my hybrid, i know Divide uses his hybrid and he does pretty good(can say anymore since i dont go to ops fight to watch him in action :lol: )id rather take my tank and have a good ppu back me up.

problem i find is that cos everyone has a ppu butt buddy(yes including my tank most of time) its like hybrids are there own gimpy apu with a gimpy ppu :p

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 20:27
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously doubt you're identical to an apu. You'd still have a huge defensive weakness compared to other apus. First of all you have 80 energy in con. You must have little or no x-ray and heat. Then you wear heavy energy belt. So little or not heat + no heavy fire belt. Then factor in the huge x-ray weakness. You'll still go down alot faster than another other apu with holy shelta assuming they have a decent con setup.

Feel free to prove me wrong. :p

And so i will. I use a heat resist one, which gives +20 heat + 20 energy.

I use a protopharma resist chip giving +15 heat and energy again.

Then armour gives +45 - were on 80 fire already, the soft cap is 114, I just spec like 25 base con in fire resist, (capped shelter) reduces the dmg even further.

With energy resist, I get +218 from armour, the kami kaze chip negates 100 energy, ur allready soft capping, then in con u have +20 from heat +15 from resistor, u only have to spec about 50 in con.

Then the rest in xray, and take a beast for gamma bones, easy.

Poison resist whats left, and use a filter 2, i out heal about 10 poison stacks anyway with tl 3 heal and sanctum.

So yes shadow, I do cap all resists.

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 20:41

Then armour gives +45 - were on 80 fire already, the soft cap is 114, I just spec like 25 base con in fire resist, (capped shelter) reduces the dmg even further.

With energy resist, I get +218 from armour, the kami kaze chip negates 100 energy, ur allready soft capping, then in con u have +20 from heat +15 from resistor, u only have to spec about 50 in con.

Ok fire seems decent. But energy? Ok so you spec 50 natural energy, then you get +20 from heat, +15 from PP chip. So that's 85 in con, with about 218 in energy. Oh but wait, kami negates 200 energy not 100. :p

Oh and piercing. There's not much ovverspeccing you can do for that. -100 pierce is a haaaaaaaaaarsh blow.

I'd have to see this in action. It sounds ok on paper. :p

You're on saturn right? Maybe I can watch you fight a few tanks or sumthing.

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 20:46
Apologies u are correct, Ive just looked on kreole's con, and she has 100, with a heat 1 - energy resist.

Which caps the skill.

Log on saturn and ask for a duel, i gaurentee u i take more HL's than a standard APU. :angel:

extract
24-04-04, 20:50
Oh but wait, kami negates 200 energy not 100

oops :lol:

Scikar
24-04-04, 21:01

Poison resist whats left, and use a filter 2, i out heal about 10 poison stacks anyway with tl 3 heal and sanctum.

Saying you cap them is very much an understatement. There is in fact a massive difference between 100 armor and 200. This is why your PE has problems with CS, for example.

On paper it is interesting, Glok posted a full setup earlier. I tried to explain it to Shadow but he wouldn't really believe me. :p

However in practice it is a little different. With PPU buffs, it is mathematically impossible for your hybrid to be truly identical to an APU. As I said above, it is certainly better than an APU solo, but not with PPUs around (however it does have more potential at an OP fight than a blessed defence hyb). I'm also still concerned about the parashock, as it does still look as though the para is your primary motivation, if this is the case then you deserve every ounce of hostility you get, frankly.

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 21:43
hrmm, you tried to explain what to me?

I don't remember. :p

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 21:44
UM scikar, I havnt used parashock once on kreole, never. I dont need to, I get 612% on HL, and 105/min, I have no use for it, I figured by the time I use parashock, they be dead anyway, which they actually are.

And if there is a ppu around from my clan, or allied, i dont buff myself and act identicle to my old setup "spy, haz, psi, s/d please" and sure enough I get it, and am just as good, if not better.

Whats the deal with parashock, do u not like the fact ikari uses a tl 3 parashock bolt? 8|

Again, in OP wars, I have ppu buffs, I am only hybrid when there are no ppu's around.