PDA

View Full Version : What are we allowed to talk about?

petek480
24-04-04, 00:37
Well I emailed a mod about my other thread that was closed to find out why exactly it was closed but they didn't reply so hopefully one of you can help me. Anyway, I was wondering what are we allowed to talk about? The little discriptions for the english community says we can talk about off topic stuff but that is not true. So can someone fill me in on what we're allowed to talk about so maybe I can try rewriting my other thread without getting it closed or getting banned.

Vid Gamer
24-04-04, 00:39
Forum moderation is a little too strict, IMO.

No disrespect to the Mods, they do a great job and are here everyday to filter out the _true_ spam and flaming, but we should be able to talk about anything in here, as the Community Talk English description says: "Discuss about Neocron, other MMORPGs, movies, community issues and other off topic stuff."

Some threads, like petek480's "soda" thread had no reason to be closed, tbh.

MrChumble
24-04-04, 00:42
Some threads, like petek480's "soda" thread had no reason to be closed, tbh.

It was a blatant troll, trying to pick a fight with the mods.

And to be fucking honest that's MY job so pete can go fuck off back to furious angels.

Lafiel
24-04-04, 00:44
watch your fucking language

petek480
24-04-04, 00:45
It was a blatant troll, trying to pick a fight with the mods.

And to be fucking honest that's MY job so pete can go fuck off back to furious angels.
Woah calm down there, I know you miss me since I haven't been on pluto in a while but don't have to get all excited.

And I wasn't trying to pick a fight with the mods. I wanted to know what people said for research purposes, and lately I've been seeing posts that have nothing to do with neocron closed for being spam. So I was just letting the mods know that it wasn't spam.

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 00:46
I don't understand why OT threads are closed tbh. If their not flaming or trolling shouldn't it be ok?

That's what the description says. "and other off topic stuff"

Possessed
24-04-04, 00:47
We may talk about how great neocron is. How KK never miss a deadline, are always updating content, and that the server numbers are in the prime of their life. Beyond that it is dangerous territory, and may be branded as "Keep it ingame" or !!!! "SPAM" onoz.

Lafiel
24-04-04, 00:47
blame ze germans

MrChumble
24-04-04, 00:48
Woah calm down there, I know you miss me

I miss my anal piles more.

since I haven't been on pluto in a while but don't have to get all excited.

Who has? Pluto is as dead as the dodo.

Vid Gamer
24-04-04, 00:51
I would really like to be able to talk about certain things like politics, religion, and other off topic/controversial subjects.

Maybe KK can add another off topic forum just for this?

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 00:54
I would really like to be able to talk about certain things like politics, religion, and other off topic/controversial subjects.

Maybe KK can add another off topic forum just for this?

If KK ever decides to do that, their should be another forum for it. But I honestly think it's a horrible idea. For the same reason clan/in-game posts are against the rules. It'll just descend into flames. Especially given the type of community this is. No offense to anyone. It would have to be heavily moderated, and it just seems like alot of extra work.

Lexxuk
24-04-04, 00:56
we can talk about pr0n pete <3 whats ur fav? :D

Gotterdammerung
24-04-04, 01:00
Forum moderation is not open for discussion. If you have some issues with it please feel free to pm odin or nid.

Perhaps you are unaware about common decorum but when you post like this

And if you mods need a refresher course on what spam is so you don't close this thinking it's spam then go read what spam is on like dictionary.com or something.
It obviously comes off as trying to goad & troll the mods.

Another word of advice, be patient. I just replied to your pm a few min ago, we don't live on these forums and having some patience to wait for my reply can avoid an unpleasant outcome.