PDA

View Full Version : Reputation :

naimex
23-04-04, 23:19
How to report a bad post :

To report a bad post, you click on the icon with the ! mark at the post you wish to report as bad..

How to give reputation for a good post :

To give good reputation for a good post, click the icron with the _/ mark at the post you wish to classify as good..

What is a bad post ?

It says below the "comment" textfield when you press the report bad post button :

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

What is a good post ?

A good post is a post that YOU think is worth giving credit, and when you click the add to reputation button, you can either approve or disapprove with what was said in that post, and tell the person why.

Now PLZ !!!!

When you report bad post.... then make sure it CLASSIFIES as a bad post, and tell WHY

When you add to reputation.... then tell what you approve or disapprove about..

AND NO !!!

A person having the oppposite opinion of you does not make it a bad post..
Can we focus ?
Can we keep these things apart ?

I hope so

Now go give credit where credit is due, and tell WHY !

enigma_b17
23-04-04, 23:22
lol thanks naimex, been wonderin what the smeg this reputation thing was all about , ill give u some rep for doin this :D

Lexxuk
23-04-04, 23:24
totally agree...

23-04-04 11:20 teh sex
22-04-04 21:36 as per request...
22-04-04 21:21 Weird, yet spunky o.O, oh and I feel for you, me grand mas been playing the birthday song at 5 am every morning on my birthday for 20 years.
21-04-04 22:24 Lungs baby! Lungs!
21-04-04 20:15 You asked for it -DF-
21-04-04 20:08 yuo <> teh win <-- RED ONE!!

rest have no comment, only one I know who is from is -DF- Darth Fader :angel:

/ps gimme + rep :p

Aziraphale
23-04-04, 23:25
I'd like it if people left their names when giving negative rep. The last one I recieved said:
"when u fucking rate someone backup why are you rating him for u fucking pussy"
Since I have never in fact rated anyone I felt this was a tad unjustified.

Scikar
23-04-04, 23:42
Report bad post goes to the mods, not to reputation. It all seems a bit pointless anyway, since people are getting rep for asking for rep, and getting bad rep for disagreeing with people. Though how exactly I "will be famous soon enough" is beyond me.

Vid Gamer
24-04-04, 00:01
I post on another forum where people already have two of those green squares next to their name with a description of "has a spectacular aura about"

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30&ltr=

:D

Possessed
24-04-04, 00:03
QUICK

Everyone give naimex... or who ever bad rep!1!!!!!

Lexxuk
24-04-04, 00:10
QUICK

Everyone give naimex... or who ever bad rep!1!!!!!

and me lots of good rep, upto 27 now :D

Vid Gamer
24-04-04, 00:13
I only have 21.. :(

I have 51 on the boards I just linked to. :D

hivemind
01-05-04, 17:43
Rather than make a new post I've posted new information in this thread I searched for. Please mods don't pwn me for "bumping", that's clearly not what I'm doing.

Default information about reputation levels can be found here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/images/reputation/reputation_manager.png

Zee Germans have a FAQ about it on their boards, it's here:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97944

Thanks to Pearl on the German boards for pointing this out to me. Now we know...

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 17:45
Whoa, it goes up to 1000? 8|

Can you translate the german faq? :angel:

hivemind
01-05-04, 17:47
Nope. Try Babelfish to get an idea, then use this: http://dict.leo.org/ for words it misses. Nothing really helps with grammar though. Fortunately, Deutch grammar isn't that different from Englisch.

Oh yeah, I'd imagine the forums admin could edit those values to whatever number he wants. No guarantee that's really what we're working with.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 17:49
Also note (to the nice person who -'d me today) if you disagree with the topic/thread starter, to give them minus, not "i disagree with this thread totally man!" and give you the red, which I thought was funny anyhow :lol: :lol:

jernau
01-05-04, 22:34
Is it just me or did they just turn it off?

Nidhogg
01-05-04, 22:39
It's not just you. I have turned it off as it's caused more trouble than it's worth. Much more.

N

P.S. Admins were always able to see who sent them rep. ;)

jernau
01-05-04, 22:41
It's not just you. I have turned it off as it's caused more trouble than it's worth. Much more.

N

P.S. Admins were always able to see who sent them rep. ;)Ah well, guess I'm not gonna be famous after all.

amfest
01-05-04, 22:42
heh Nid you beat me i was about to mention that it was turned off and stated in the other thread Isnt it about time (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=98020)

Well in the end I think it was inevitable

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 23:06
I managed 53 rep points, started the day on 54, which wasnt bad considering the number of red dots I aquired today. The rep system was stupid though, if someone says I f****** suck (you evil c***) it can at least get edited in a thread. And if someone disagrees with your post, you can flame them to hell and back, they now cant hide with *red dot - I'm lame, u sux, hah, u cant tell who I am!!*.

No offense but LexxUk only for the fact I gave you positive rep the other day is the reason I didn't give you the exact same comment for your muppetry on that thread. (from other thread)

You might have given me a - for that, but a fair few people agreed with what I was saying, not that you can read it now with all the edited bits, though I'm pretty sure you would have put your name at the end of it to show your distain at my opinion. Which is still the correct opinion.

Archeus
01-05-04, 23:12
Sorry lex you don't get to be an asshole on a thread then claim your the party who has been hurt.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 23:16
I'm not claiming to be hurt, its the fact that now I can express my opinion (freya permitting :rolleyes: ) without my rep being battered with expletives

Benjie
02-05-04, 00:33
lol, the reputation system was really growing on me too. :D

I don't mind either way.

Jest
02-05-04, 00:37
Nooooooo. I was so close to 100 too. :mad:

Shadow Dancer
02-05-04, 00:38
lol Jest. The next "rank" was 150. :p

I had 66.

Lexxuk