PDA

View Full Version : And You Thought You Were Pissed About DoY's Delay?..heh

Spoon
23-04-04, 22:48
Check out this rant, about the Half-Life 2 delay.......

http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802

It's by, none other than Planet Half-Lifes' Editor, apparently, he's had enough and has decided to hit the road....

A couple of short excerpts:

"But the bottom line is this: I am not a fan of Valve anymore. I don't believe a damn thing they say and I'm sick of their bullshit."

and...

"Valve needs to learn how to properly communicate with their online fan base and treat their fans with respect. That means not telling your fans 7 days before the ship date that HL2 is delayed. That means not giving out vague "oh HL2 will be released this summer and by the way we didn't say summer of what year and it's always summer somewhere in the world so who knows LOL we'll see!" answers to direct questions."

:eek:

SilentEye
23-04-04, 23:19
Wow, just... wow.

He's right you know, I, yeah, he's right.

Willisit
23-04-04, 23:22
HL2 sounds more and more like Duke Nukem Forever every day.. shame

Clownst0pper
23-04-04, 23:31
Is duke nukem forever still being made??????????????????????????????

On a side note, People w8ing for HL 2, and that cant actually face delays within the game industry, get a life, theres more to it than w8ing for something.

Get out more, get laid.

MrChumble
23-04-04, 23:36
Play far cry in the meantime, then Doom3 (which will be better than HL2 anyway :)). By then anything new that HL2 was going to introduce will be old hat anyway (or does that describe the entire FPS genre since Wolf3d O_o ).

jiga
23-04-04, 23:38
Is duke nukem forever still being made??????????????????????????????

On a side note, People w8ing for HL 2, and that cant actually face delays within the game industry, get a life, theres more to it than w8ing for something.

Get out more, get laid.
Waiting is what makes life worthwhile. It gives you something to look forward to

Marx
23-04-04, 23:43
fraggy = win.

MrChumble
23-04-04, 23:49
Feeling a bit grouchy, so I'm gonna add this comment: at least the HL2 fans aren't paying each month to beta test HL1 while they wait for HL2, like people playing a certain unnamed mmorpg are having to do.

ezza
23-04-04, 23:50
A couple of short excerpts:

"But the bottom line is this: I am not a fan of KK anymore. I don't believe a damn thing they say and I'm sick of their bullshit."

and...

"KK needs to learn how to properly communicate with their online fan base and treat their fans with respect. That means not telling your fans 7 days before the ship date that DOY is delayed. That means not giving out vague "oh DOY will be released this summer and by the way we didn't say summer of what year and it's always summer somewhere in the world so who knows LOL we'll see!" answers to direct questions."

:eek:a few simple changes and well you get the idea :angel:

Scikar
23-04-04, 23:51
Feeling a bit grouchy, so I'm gonna add this comment: at least the HL2 fans aren't paying each month to beta test HL1 while they wait for HL2, like people playing a certain unnamed mmorpg are having to do.
Except they aren't forced to pay and they don't submit any bug reports...

MrChumble
23-04-04, 23:55

I'm forced to pay. Neocron has stripped all the trappings of a Real Social Life from me, thus I am now bound to it's fate. I must pay, for not to pay is to Be Bored.
And I do submit bug reports :p

ezza
23-04-04, 23:57
everytime i submit a bug report i get a message back saying we know about this bug and will be fixed in a future patch

yaaa right

jiga
23-04-04, 23:59
ohhhh i see what you did there, i wonder if anybody else got it as quick as i did :rolleyes:

G.0.D.
24-04-04, 00:07
@ MrChumble - true... I was going to make a post questioning why our 'development' fee is going to fund a game we have to then buy, Dosnt make much sense does it?

But I decided not to :rolleyes:

kurai
24-04-04, 02:28
One of the reasons I can't get terribly worked up about the whole DoY delay, and the various posters having hissy fits and cancelling is because it pales into insignificance compared to other communities.

I was a hardcore Unreal Tournament player, and was looking forward to UT2K3 ... however ... it got delayed ... and delayed ... and delayed ...

The reaction on the official forums was *insane* - there were more examples of psychotic rage, delusions, paranoia and just plain brain damage per page than I had ever seen, before or since.

It was like someone had trawled around every hospital for the criminally insane they could find, and let the inmates loose with a keyboard.

Compared to *that* KK have had it easy :D

Clownst0pper
24-04-04, 02:32
One of the reasons I can't get terribly worked up about the whole DoY delay, and the various posters having hissy fits and cancelling is because it pales into insignificance compared to other communities.

I was a hardcore Unreal Tournament player, and was looking forward to UT2K3 ... however ... it got delayed ... and delayed ... and delayed ...

The reaction on the official forums was *insane* - there were more examples of psychotic rage, delusions, paranoia and just plain brain damage per page than I had ever seen, before or since.

It was like someone had trawled around every hospital for the criminally insane they could find, and let the inmates loose with a keyboard.

Could not agree more, have a reputation point (Y) :D

Scikar
24-04-04, 02:46
I don't see why people complain anyway. If I was KK, and expecting to get flamed no matter what, as the devs typically are here, I'd delay it anyway out of spite. Considering they've had two years worth of subscriptions, plus every copy bought, and bearing in mind the number of Pluto players with multiple accounts, factoring in the low number of people on the dev team, and clearly not top of the line servers, I'd say KK have made plenty of money out of NC as it is. There's no pressure on them to release DoY early, better for them to make it absolutely perfect then release it amid a swathe of advertising. If NC dies before then they can just relaunch it, maybe even take more time to turn it into NC 2 with a completely new engine. Ditch this whining, flaming community and start fresh with a new one, a better publisher, better servers, and a better idea of what they want NC to be.

Shadow Dancer
24-04-04, 02:59
Hmm nc2 is a good idea.

Maybe KK should scrap NC and just work on NC2. :p

Estabin
24-04-04, 03:58
I picked up Painkiller yesterday and I am having a blast with it, cool music, cool atmosphere, really cool physics in the game... don't expect more than run and gun though... but still a hell of a lot of fun :) there are plenty of games out there to play and have a blast with... I'm in no hurry for HL2.

Seven
24-04-04, 05:23
http://tf2.sierra.com/ :rolleyes:

XSuneX
24-04-04, 05:25
YES YES DITO that for me, just put Neocron in place of half life... :lol:

jernau
24-04-04, 08:31
I can wait. The latest DoY delay has given me a much needed prod to look more at other MMORPGs. I haven't found any that grab me as NC did yet but there are a few hundred left to try so who knows.

Similarly while waiting for HL2, Doom3, Duke4Ever, etc. we've had Far Cry, Painkiller and who knows how many other excellent shooters.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 08:36
I can wait. The latest DoY delay has given me a much needed prod to look more at other MMORPGs. I haven't found any that grab me as NC did yet but there are a few hundred left to try so who knows.

Similarly while waiting for HL2, Doom3, Duke4Ever, etc. we've had Far Cry, Painkiller and who knows how many other excellent shooters.
Try City of Heroes! Yeah Baby!

Zu (Pluto)
24-04-04, 14:08
<...snip...>

I lurk on many forums, and I think that NC has one of the finest communities out there. It's got a wide mix of opinions and sure people have hissy fits and little flame-wars, but on the whole the NC community are sane AND interesting. Without a doubt the BEST thing about NC for me is its community of wonderful wonderful ...ummm... personalities. :)

A fine recent example of an insane community is the WoW forum. I might had died laughing over the fuss over the Closed Beta if it wasn't so sad. It's kinda buried in the back pages now but I think it is still possible to dig those threads up. I am of two minds over WoW because (a) it looks like it'll be really good game but (b) it will have a large proportion of irritating kiddies on it.

Zu

Spoon
24-04-04, 15:00
a few simple changes and well you get the idea :angel:

That's basically what was running through my mind as I read that article.... :o

t0tt3
25-04-04, 10:51
http://tf2.sierra.com/ :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHA TF2!!!! was like ages ago I saw that wonder what happend wanted to play that game :(

Well Sierra sucks allways have only thing that kept them alive was counterstrike mod...

t0tt3
25-04-04, 12:07
EDIT: ok Lessier Suit Larry was good only that game tho :D

Judge
25-04-04, 13:44
Painkiller is hilarious, staking zombies to the wall is soo much fun.

icarium
25-04-04, 13:54

if they did start submitting bug reports they'd probably get told to stop O_o

plus i wonder if they'd have left the same bugs in that they know about after 2 years :lol:

jernau
25-04-04, 14:34
Try City of Heroes! Yeah Baby!
Been there. Fun game.

CrazyMan
26-04-04, 13:07
Was just browsing the web and saw this nice interesting post of ex-director of planethalf-life.com... :lol:

Read it here (http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802&noloop=1)

Doesn't this little story remind me of something...hmm can't think of waht though :rolleyes:

metalangel
26-04-04, 14:53
You mean someone haxx0red and stole the source of BDOY?

The way things are, I'd say KK hacked and stole a buggy source of a game called 'Neocron' from somewhere, and the original owners haven't noticed yet :D

Gotterdammerung
26-04-04, 18:39
merged with the other thread already opened about the same thing