PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about p5 glove and mouse buttons (and possibly Neocron)

Heavyporker
23-04-04, 22:01
Just got my p5 glove and set it up on my laptop. So far it works, quite nicely, I can see the potential, even though its not working perfect.y (movement's a bit sketchy, it could be attributed to the mouse-move command (of ring/pinky curved) kicking in too often.)

This isn't just aimed at you, jernau, but your help's appreciated... anyone who knows, PLESE reply...

But -

1.) how can I set up middle mouse button to DO something in windows? This is related to the p5's middle mouse button ability ( I set it to thumb)

2.) laptop's touchpad driver or something apparently graying out mouse speed and sensivity, I wanna see if I can fiddle with that to improve the glove's movement

3.) I wanna know if anyone has USED the p5 in Neocro before, I wanna know if its worth the bother and fuss of begging my dad to let it on the main machine (that's the desktop w/Neocron, not my laptop :( ) before I find out p5 glove is unusable in NC (perish the thought!)

4.) Is it possible to set the forward/backward/strafe motions in Neocron to the mouse movements? (I know that moving mouse around moves view in NC, i'm asking, with the glove's 3d movement ability, can I set it to do ALL the movement in neocron, not mouse for looking and directional buttons to walk/strafe...

Thank you for your help.

edit - I'm pretty damn sure the movement's sketchiness is mostly due to the mouse-lift key (yeah, the ring finger/pinky), I can't figure out how to fix this... I'm always having those fingers just a bit relaxed, but this means I gotta have them stiffer than my dick at all times... man... the one time I gotta be periapetic.... *sigh*

Dru Blood
23-04-04, 22:12
p5 glove sounds nerdy any links so i can take a look at it ?

Heavyporker
23-04-04, 22:14
here:

http://www.essentialreality.com

INFERNO22
23-04-04, 22:23
Sounds Cool i bet it costs a bit and i cant see my self with it an NC cos PVP would be Solid to aim with that thing ;)

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 22:47
I want that glove so bad. It would be so cool to play as a psi monk with that glove. :p

Heavyporker
24-04-04, 00:00
guys... I got mine on ebay for like 50 bucks US TOTAL - thats WITh shipping.
If you bid, its prolly up to 10 bucks less than i paid... go look on ebay, some guy called A2Zworldwide. I think he's got at least 20 gloves left - thats last time I looked (about 2 weeks ago).

jiga
24-04-04, 00:02
they better have a left handed glove

jernau
25-04-04, 00:59
Mine is still in a box after my recent move so I can't check this but :
1) IIRC you can use the mouse-settings in control panel to remap all the functions. I do remember finding one annoying limitation but I don't think that was it.

2) Try disabling the touchpad in the bios. You may want an external mouse available in case you have problems.

3) It's great fun from an "immersion" POV expecially on monks but the accuracy and sensitivity are not really good enough for FPS combat. It's also rather clumsy when you first try to use it under pressure just because it's so different. I spent a while practising things on my PPU with it and thought I had it sorted then went to a fight and was hopelessly muddled. That may improve with practice or it may just be that i suck but I wouldn't really recommend it. It would probably also be a lot easier on an APU with less spells to juggle.

4) Not in any way I found comfortable.

Pinky probs - you can tweak the sensitivity. I had the same issue at first and also as I got used to it I found myself adjusting it every now and then as I learnt not to waggle that digit as much. I used my thumb for that though as it's a lot easier to control seperately.

Cost, etc - I got mine on ebay 6 months ago and I think it was from the same guy as HeavyPorker, at least the ad looks familiar, so I wouldn't worry about stocks running out. Cost-wise mine was ~£30 inc carriage to the UK which I thought was excellent value. The company list them with a $200 RRP which I think is rather overpriced but would be reasonable if it really were cordless and had a long enough range (ie across my living room).

@jiga - I don't think so.

Opar
25-04-04, 12:43
@jiga - I don't think so.

They better. Or I will keeeeel all.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 00:47
why not just ask them opar?

as I said.. www.essentialreality.com

Organics
26-04-04, 04:09
Cost, etc - I got mine on ebay 6 months ago and I think it was from the same guy as HeavyPorker, at least the ad looks familiar, so I wouldn't worry about stocks running out. Cost-wise mine was ~£30 inc carriage to the UK which I thought was excellent value. The company list them with a $200 RRP which I think is rather overpriced but would be reasonable if it really were cordless and had a long enough range (ie across my living room).

200 bucks? :wtf:

Someone's getting ripped off if they pay that much.

OUR SPECIAL PREMIER EDITION DELIVERS INCREDIBLE VALUE
Now available for just $79.99, the premier edition of the P5 includes three FREE enabled games: Hitman 2, Tiger Hunt and a demo version of Beach Head 2002!

From the website www.essentialreality.com that HP provided.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 04:12
those games I got with this one, and as I said, I paid 50 bucks for the lot, that's 35 bucks for the glvoe and 15 for shipping. So SOMEONE"s losing out if the website is charging that much, heh.

Organics
26-04-04, 04:13
Which site, HP?

Those prices I posted were from the www.essentialreality.com site.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 04:44
ebay, as I said.

look up a2zworldwide, he's the guy that sells them.

jernau
26-04-04, 04:58
From the website www.essentialreality.com (http://www.essentialreality.com/) that HP provided.
Fair enough. I based that on when I bought mine. They probably realised the ebay-dude wasn't marking them up that much and had to fit in with him as he was the only one selling any.:lol: