PDA

View Full Version : oooo DAOC to allow account splitting!

DonnyJepp
23-04-04, 16:49
http://www.mythicentertainment.com/press/accountsplitting.html

Mythic Entertainment announced today that their flagship massively multiplayer game Dark Age of Camelot will be offering a new service to their subscribers beginning on April 27th. Known to players as “account splitting,” it allows players to transfer one or more characters from an existing account to a new account. Because separate characters on one account cannot be played simultaneously, households that share accounts often want to move a character to a new account so the two characters can adventure together.

I'd sure like this in NC, to be able to merge my 2 accounts into 1 with my favorite chars would be cool.

Odin
23-04-04, 16:54
At $40 a pop.

ezza
23-04-04, 17:00
At $40 a pop.
think ill give it a miss then.

its like UO, they can provide capped equiped players for sale.

Marx
23-04-04, 17:05
its like UO, they can provide capped equiped players for sale.I sold my DAoC account for $925 on ebay.

Sexiest deal ever.

Of course, this was back when DAoC was all the rage and the market was mainly between UO, EQ, and Dark Age.

DonnyJepp
23-04-04, 17:09
At $40 a pop.

Lots cheaper than keeping a 2nd account paid up year round :D

Right now I would probably pay it to be able to consolidate my favorite chars on one account. On paper I would save just enough money by the time DOY comes out to make it worth it.

ezza
23-04-04, 17:14
Lots cheaper than keeping a 2nd account paid up year round :D

Right now I would probably pay it to be able to consolidate my favorite chars on one account. On paper I would save just enough money by the time DOY comes out to make it worth it.
you would still have to pay for your accounts though, it sounds just like moving one char from one accountto another, so your still gonna have to pay for the accounts as well as the $40

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:19
you would still have to pay for your accounts though, it sounds just like moving one char from one accountto another, so your still gonna have to pay for the accounts as well as the $40

no... he wants to move all the chars he plays from multiple accounts to one account, then cancel the other

ezza
23-04-04, 17:20
no... he wants to move all the chars he plays from multiple accounts to one account, then cancel the other
ahh ya thats one way but you could still do what i said :p

after 5016 posts im entitled to not read the post proberly from time to time :D

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:21
ahh ya thats one way but you could still do what i said :p

pay $40 and still have 2 accounts runnin... sure... you could

ezza
23-04-04, 17:22
pay $40 and still have 2 accounts runnin... sure... you could
well if you wanted to rearange your chars around the accounts you could

El_MUERkO
23-04-04, 17:41
I think alot of people in NC would pay for that service.

€40 dollars is not an unreasonable fee for something that propbably cant be automated.

Sleawer
23-04-04, 17:59
Pfft.. I wonder if this is related to Mythic policy of earning money at the cost of giving unfair advantages to those 'single players' with more than one account.

KK has nothing to envy them at this respect, fortunately.

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 19:05
its like UO, they can provide capped equiped players for sale.

wtf

Who can provide that? Other players or OSI themselves???

40$Poser
23-04-04, 19:08
At $40 a pop.

err you rang?

:p

hrhr ^^

Strych9
23-04-04, 19:10
wtf

Who can provide that? Other players or OSI themselves???JumpGate has a program where they provide you with a level 26 level pilot and 10 mil creds (or upgrade your account to that point) for a price.

But JumpGate is 100% skill based, so being level 26 (the first level you can use the normal fighter class ship) only means youy have access to the level 26 and lower ships, not that you can beat or that you have a good chance to beat anyone else.

jernau
24-04-04, 08:38
wtf

Who can provide that? Other players or OSI themselves???
OSI but I don't think they are fully capped or equiped.

yavimaya
24-04-04, 08:47
well if you wanted to rearange your chars around the accounts you could

exactly! what if you want to move your uber apu to your resser/conster/imper account, for backup/revenge when your beloved PE/tank etc dies..?

its all good, $40 bah! cheaper in the end to pay that, play the next 6 months effectively and quit whehn your bored, than make a new char, lvl them keep playing on past the 6 months (even though you may be bored) just in the hope that you will oneday get your char setup right, etc.

yavimaya
24-04-04, 08:48
OSI but I don't think they are fully capped or equiped.

HAHA and the only reason this happens now is because its friggin ten years old...
if they had have gone ahead with UO2, and not been dicks and kept on UO, (well i doubt anyone would be playing NC) and apart from that, they would not be offering chars/equipment/ land for sale.

jernau
24-04-04, 17:29
HAHA and the only reason this happens now is because its friggin ten years old...
if they had have gone ahead with UO2, and not been dicks and kept on UO, (well i doubt anyone would be playing NC) and apart from that, they would not be offering chars/equipment/ land for sale.True, it also has a MUCH longer levelling ramp than NC so people would struggle to catch up without help.

I never played UO so I'm not sure how much of a boost you can buy but it makes sense to me that they would offer something like this. OTOH pre-build chars in NC would make little sense considering how easy it is to cap in NC.

btw - Is UO2 now totally dead? Not that I would have played (hence not knowing) but I'm curious. I seriously doubt it would have had any impact on NC's populations though.

Lafiel
24-04-04, 18:17
well i could tell u i woulda played UO2

edit: searched and found UO2 (UXO) http://www.uxo.ea.com/intro.html