PDA

View Full Version : OT: Deus Ex 2 - Demo

borlegan
23-04-04, 14:09
Does anyone knows where to download the demo of this game or have any kind of info or have played it ?

The link of the official site is down :(

maggotcorpse
23-04-04, 14:32
You tried Fileplanet.com?
They have some shitty Waiting Times but i always find new Demos there.

Clownst0pper
23-04-04, 14:38
The game is awful.

I had it from america, (through some contacts) ;) And its terrible, no seperate ammo, no more hacking, key codes are auto, its very console, there are no 'hit points' on gaurds, u shoot them with a shotgun 50times in the head, and it does the same damage as if u hit them in the foot :eek:

If you fire a shotgun it not only takes away ammo from ur shotgun, but from your pistol :wtf:

There is no longer weight, but instead a maximum amount of items u can carry, 9 i believe, it makes the whole interface fiddly.

The whole feel of the game is 100% dumbed down for the console market, not only did they make it accesible, but managed to create a linear, console shooter, with nothing more than stunning visuals, great physics, and a plot which isnt half bad.

My advice, buy Farcry, and then finish it, go on the net, have some fun, then w8 for thief3 and halflife 2

Siygess
23-04-04, 14:45
Yup, got to agree with Clownstopper on this. While I loved the original, DXIW is a completely different game. To be fair, if I was a console owner and had never played DX, I would have enjoyed it a lot more (thats expectations for you) but the game has been simplified so much that it now appeals to an entirely different audience.

rob444
23-04-04, 16:37
DX2 is far less better than DX1 for sure. I think the DX2 european version had seperate ammo if I remember right and if you shoot them in the head with a sniper rifle it takes more damage than usual. The marines with armors also got a weakpoint at their back (glowing "something" under the neck).

Demo isnt that good though as it doesnt show much and it's unified ammo. The whole game was a lot better than the demo I must say but still far away from DX1.

plague
23-04-04, 21:12
dx2>dx1