PDA

View Full Version : *Cough* May I have your attention please?

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 08:04
Right, thanks. :D

Okay, just had an interesting thought. Keep in mind however it's 2am where I live atm, so bear out any inconsistency or discrepancy I might speak of, or at least point them out civilly so that I can correct myself later and help talk this matter out.

1.) The forums have apparently been a source of wild fests no matter what the mods/GMs do, especially recently and with increased passion.
2.) The "Keep It In Game" Rule has finally been acknoledged and understood, at least by me. However, this does not stop people from trying to talk about specific clans on the forums.
3.) It appears nowadays more people make use of these forums than playing ingame. I understood from another thread that it's partly that people either don't have time for Neocron or are at work/school/college. This unfortunately means more attention has to be paid to here.
4.) (Insert witty/brilliant observation regarding the forums here)
(5.) I myself spend lots of time on the forums, a lot of the time (even before my slowing down) it's more forums and no real Neocron'ing. I guess 5 appeals to a special case/kind of people, so this'll be optional)

Right then...

How about we all just stop using the forums?

*picks off all the tomatoes and stray bullets from himself* x_o;

Yeesh, coulda at least waited until I explained myself...

Okay. *dusts himself off*

We could use another forums, not made by KK, but let me explain why I suggest we stop using these forums, at least for a while.

1.) Remember when we asked for a forum outside of the game for us to talk about ingame matter in? We were denied that, either by saying it'd never happen or that we have RP forums for such. But we all should know by now the real reason: Clans. Whether a flame or a compliment, KK does have validity to close this kind of topic as much as leaving threads, as both have pretty much always turned nasty, with most likely a few exceptions.

2.) Thus, clan discussions can be handled elsewhere if we are still pissing about it. Of course, it will most likely not be as good-handled as here, but it could be different... *shrug* Anyways, two birds are killed with this stone here,

a.) Ingame matter that does not wish to be posted on the ingame forums can be talked about at this place.
b.) Less workload is placed on mods and GMs, especially our volunteer ones.

Now, please keep in mind I am aware that there are too many variables for this idea to work properly, at least by itself. But I'm willing to consider a compromise of a plan to help everyone here.

What say you?

Drake6k
23-04-04, 08:23
There are already several other Neocron forums I read.

Many factions and clans have their own active ones.

You can still talk about a lot of the "keep it in game" stuff in the roleplay forums.

Gotterdammerung
23-04-04, 08:24
We don't ask for alot on the forums, just that people follow the rules & guidelines set forth and try to be civil to each other.

There is never going to be an outlet here where after some guy just got pk'd in the wastes that he can go to and scream "____ just killed me, bastard",
if you come to the realiziation that you can't do stuff like that you find that just by being witty & inteligent in your writing that there is alot that you can discuss.

Personally I won't let anyone, no matter what their reputation flame someone else or in turn I won't let them be flamed by anyone. All runners are equal.

If bashing another person or clan is just an absolute necessity, something that you feel so stongly that you need to expel, please do as suggested by another poster and seek out other places where you can talk like that.

It just won't happen here.

Geth
23-04-04, 08:25
I suppose it would free up man hours for KK GMs/Mods, but what would I do at work than troll the NC board.....actual work? :o

Besides, any Clan worth their salt has their own message board, so most people can rant about clan business in private.

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 08:25
Yeah, somehow I happened to focus on the clan discussion prob.

I was meaning to talk in general. ^^;

Gotter: Heh, frankly I myself don't give a shit atm about clan/runner conflicts and whatever beef others may have for each other, nor am I advocating that they should be allowed here.

I was simply pretty much suggesting we all use another forum to make everyone's lives a little easier. *shrug*

Drake6k
23-04-04, 08:30
I have no problem with the forum rules. Cant blame them for asking you to keep a lot of stuff in game. It's fair, look at other games. How often can you get away with saying fuck yeah in a official mmorpg forum? I dont mind keeping it in game or at least going to another forum. Like I said you can talk about "ingame" stuff like who was fighting who and how who owned who in the RP fourms. ;)

Geth
23-04-04, 08:31
3.) It appears nowadays more people make use of these forums than playing ingame. I understood from another thread that it's partly that people either don't have time for Neocron or are at work/school/college. This unfortunately means more attention has to be paid to here.

Sort of a self defeating point; No Game: No Board
If people did not play NC, they would not use this board. I don't think we need to fear the NC MMORPG dieing out because the NC Board is just stealing the players away. :lol:

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 08:33
Yeah, I said before I started the thread that there probably would be discrepancies.

Hm..lemme think.

Well, 3 & 5 pretty much mean the same thing, so screw that part. :D

What still remains is my proposal to somehow put a lot of non-RP unnecessary stuff on the forums elsewhere.

Geth
23-04-04, 08:39
The forums are also a very important place of players to give feedback and "ligitimate" complaints back to the company. Not everything is going to be RP worthy, but it can still be important. Sure the help desk exist in game, but is it really manned 24/7?

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 08:42
I still said unnecessary... :p

Though now I just came to another conclusion after reading this thread over again...it's pretty hard to ask assholes and idiots not to spam/flame/whine on these forums. ^^; Thus my idea, though it didn't really cater against said kinds of people above, is pretty much shot before it can even try to begin.

Mods, feel free to close the thread, and I thank everyone who contributed to this discussion. :)

hinch
23-04-04, 11:27
forums where nc players hang out already exist they are used for

spam
flaming
game discussions
clan abuse/discussions

basically everything we arent allowed to do here also alot of the people banned from the nc forums are not banned there and join in.
I set them up so that all the flames spam and other shit could easily be taken off the nc forums it also allows us at work to have discussions about stuff during the day without us being OT etc on here.

Our users have posted a total of 39040 articles
We have 70 registered users
The newest registered user is eLVis-

i'll let you find the link for your self im sure its not that hard.

Candaman
23-04-04, 11:30
We don't ask for alot on the forums,

Thats good seeing as kk perma banned everyone who had a opinion and posted reguarly

Nidhogg
23-04-04, 12:46
There are plenty of forums out there where you can talk about zerging 'til you're blue in the fingers, this just isn't one of them. ;) I suspect that if and when you read some of the material on those forums you will understand why some of the posters eventually got themselves banned from this one, after at least 2 "warning" bans I might add.

Personally I think there's room for both of us (and I enjoy reading some of the stuff written about me, especially when they think I don't know. ;) )

N

hinch
23-04-04, 12:49
nid i know you read our forums :)

i know other mods do too :)

we're waiting for you to register and flame the fuck outta us in return which outta interest you are welcome to.

after all here we cant :

have general discussions
discuss anything in game
complain about random things
spam
post interesting pictures and threads
do anything about whine about stuff getting nerfed

there we can do:

hrmp anything :)

and you are all welcome to join in and defend yourselfs

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 13:14
How about Ijust stop using the forums?

What say you?

go for it...

click my sig for an unmodded NC forum

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 18:24
lol JTG, I'll keep using these forums, this thread lost meaning to me when I understood something. But it might have use for others, so I guess that's why the mods are leaving this thread open.

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 18:38
There are plenty of forums out there where you can talk about zerging 'til you're blue in the fingers, this just isn't one of them. ;) I suspect that if and when you read some of the material on those forums you will understand why some of the posters eventually got themselves banned from this one, after at least 2 "warning" bans I might add.

Personally I think there's room for both of us (and I enjoy reading some of the stuff written about me, especially when they think I don't know. ;) )

N

Yup, I was about to say the same thing but Nid posted before me.

Ken, their are already lots of forums out there for that stuff. And in some of them, their is so much flaming, spamming, lack of control, it's rediculous to even think you can have a good indepth discussion there. Indepth discussion isn't repeated flames about someone's mother or personal life or whatever.

The rules are their for a reason, and I stand by them 100%. I used to think these forums were too strict, a looooooooooong time ago. But then I realized that I wouldn't have it any other way. There's a certain sense of order here. And I do think the forums(at least now, after several bannings) are much more peaceful.

metalangel
23-04-04, 19:21
You could always use the ingame forums...

also, 'FUCK YEAH!!!!'

Hooray for freedom of obscenity :D

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 19:26
You could always use the ingame forums...

also, 'FUCK YEAH!!!!'

Hooray for freedom of obscenity :D
Yeah, but many people complain the ingame forums aren't useful enough...

(Personally I think the ingame forums would be more useful if more people used them...talk about a defuse. :D)

And yeah, it's pretty nice to be able to speak obscenities, but there are limits of course.

@ SD: Heh, yeah, I just was thinking it'd be easier on everyone if people just stopped posting shit that would cause mods/GMs to edit and thus add more to their workload and our general annoyance.

Like I said, it's a proposal that I can see now could never happen, because people would still abuse the forums for their interest. :p

greendonkeyuk
23-04-04, 19:32
If bashing another person or clan is just an absolute necessity, something that you feel so stongly that you need to expel, please do as suggested by another poster and seek out other places where you can talk like that.

It just won't happen here.

Trade NC seems to be the most popular. The way i see it people are goin to vent frustration out here just as much as ingame or on another forum. Even if like 3 or 4 people actually get to see it before the mods pound it (and the probably poster too) with the ban hammer(tm) its going to happen. Its human nature. Its like asking some people not to be dicks when drunk :rolleyes: nice theory but in practice is something else entirely.

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 19:35
Ken people don't use the ingame forums because they are laggy, prone to FREs, and drop your FPS to an abymally(is that a word?) low number. After like 2-3 posts, you can't even scroll down properly anymore.

And forget big posts.

Ugh, the ingame forums are bad. :(