PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Whats The Score

MAJOR
23-04-04, 00:59
Long time no see guys................ if any of u remember me..... whats the score these days ? this game worth playing ?

MAJOR

plague
23-04-04, 01:03
I don't remember ya but atm this game is at it's worst, low population, last patch was olmost 2 months ago and most of the veteran plaers left. I guess it's good quite time to lvl/ cap er chars before doy comes out.

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:06
was playing NC since beta waited and waited and waited for DoY but nothing happened .. whats the average population on each server these days ?

MAJ

Darkborg
23-04-04, 01:08
Honestly m8
Wait for the next patch.
Nothing has happened forever
Mc5 is closed
gravlift in TH is bugged and apparently nobody cares.
The Test patch on the test server hasnt changed since mid february.
People are complaining about low server pops.
And we have had a spree of vets leaving after they announced DOY would be out September.

But i should prolly mention that people are working on a full weapon rework / balancing, (which they estimate will be done after doy :rolleyes:)
But the game is about as balanced as it has been for a long while. And if youre just returning now there will proably be some interesting stuff for you to play around with. so heck why not give it a go for a month:p
But still many people atm feel very let down by KK.

Marx
23-04-04, 01:09
was playing NC since beta waited and waited and waited for DoY but nothing happened .. whats the average population on each server these days ?

MAJPluto goes from 10 to 120ish

Saturn goes from 90 to 200ish

Jupiters pops are a lil better than Saturns...

And Uranus's pops are only a little better than Plutos.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 01:10
yay Thanks marx you just saved me the trouble of looking them up ;)

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:13
10 + ? FFS what the fuck has happend to this ?? this MMORG was the dogs bollocks when i left,,,, guess kk ur pissing in the wind made ur money now ur off.......................

Marx
23-04-04, 01:14
10 + ? FFS what the fuck has happend to this ?? this MMORG was the dogs bollocks when i left,,,, guess kk ur pissing in the wind made ur money now ur off.......................I've no doubt there are still a fair amount of active accounts, but its obivous the amount of active players is down.

I wish more was done to cater to the current players to keep them active.

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:16
well fair play to u .. but when i was playing we had 300+ everynight ....... pwnage////

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:22
If anyone has webspce to host a pic ( coz i havnt) i have an amazing pic that will show u what my NC experiance was trust me ............. PM me ...

MAj

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 01:24
You can upload pics from your HD.

Just click on "manage attachments" when you are making a new post.

Then search for your pic on your comp, then upload it.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 01:25
yeah i remember those days
those were the times :/

plague
23-04-04, 01:25
well fair play to u .. but when i was playing we had 300+ everynight ....... pwnage////
heh i remember teh good days *sniffs* but they no more unless till doy comes out. :(

plague
23-04-04, 01:26
yeah i remember those days
those were the times :/
lol u beat me to it :D have a cookie :P

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 01:26
I remember when I first started. Plaza 1 was PACKED. I think pluto had like 450 people or something.

I made decent cash poking in plaza.

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:28
Oh god how do i insert a pic ?

Darkborg
23-04-04, 01:29
Oh great thanks Plague you just gave me the munchies :p

Yeh i started off on Uranus. And one of my RL freinds would rake in 100k + on a short time of poking in plaza.

/edit
Theres a button above the window when you edit / write your post.
I has a mountain and a sun on it i think. It adds the tags for ya.

plague
23-04-04, 01:29
Oh god how do i insert a pic ?
u know html ? use it or just simply click on lill picture where all the text setings.

plague
23-04-04, 01:31
Oh great thanks Plague you just gave me the munchies :p

Yeh i started off on Uranus. And one of my RL freinds would rake in 100k + on a short time of poking in plaza.
eh lol back then i was playing 6 hour minimum evry day lol was so much funn, i hardly ever get on now :(

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 01:31
Although on the plus side the players left are those that really care about the game which makes for a decent atmosphere.

Personally I have invested far too much of my time (seriously way too much) as a player for NC to fail now. So i think that you should get your ass back into the game and stir up some trouble. ;)

Nidhogg
23-04-04, 01:32
Thread merged.

N

Darkborg
23-04-04, 01:34
heh i havent been on for more than 3 weeks and i have disabled 2 of 3 accts.

i used to be on everynight in desperate op struggles and shit with my clan *sigh* and before that i was in a small clan where we took out our tanks and went exploring when everything was new *SIGH*

/Edit
Christ Nidd you confused the Hell outta me there :lol:

plague
23-04-04, 01:35
Personally I have invested far too much of my time (seriously way too much) as a player for NC to fail.

Indeed the only thing keeping me from canceling my both accounts is the time i spent lvl getting my rare's and all that sht as i sayd earlyer was playing 6 to 10 hours a day lol, i stoped my personal life for a while for this game and after all this i just can't click teh CANCEL button lol

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:44
I remeber,,,,,,,,,

plague
23-04-04, 01:51
I remeber,,,,,,,,,
ONOZ dead hybrid how 8|

Connell
23-04-04, 01:52
90-200 for Saturn? doubt it. Its nearly always between 180-400 in my time zone.

MAJOR
23-04-04, 01:54
Holy everything.. Praise the lord !

Marx
23-04-04, 01:56
90-200 for Saturn? doubt it. Its nearly always between 180-400 in my time zone.
195 now, 12 hours earlier it was actually sixty something.

jernau
23-04-04, 02:27
195 now, 12 hours earlier it was actually sixty something.
Well that's lunchtime and >midnight in Europe so off-peak.

I does get into the 300s on peak still.

Although on the plus side the players left are those that really care about the game which makes for a decent atmosphere.
No offence Dirk but if you are implying that many of those that left didn't care about this game as much as anyone could do or has done you are an idiot.

Kenjuten
23-04-04, 02:42
What jernau is saying is true in a way...

People show the same feeling for something in different ways..

Some show it by disappointment and boycotting.

Some show it by support and involvement.

Some show it by simply being here.

All those people have one thing in common...they would not be here in the first place (even to leave, regardless of time),

if they didn't care about it.

jernau
23-04-04, 02:50
Very true Kenjuten but more than that.

Many of those we lost recently had been this games strongest assets. They not only played it for years, many of them had done FoC work for KK, written 3rd party apps, run fansites, spent man-months helping noobs, recommended and marketed the game extensively IRL and on-line, tested and filed extensive bug-reports for it both before and after launch, etc., etc...

I'm not saying all of them did all of this or even that all of them did any of it but I don't believe anyone plays a game several hours a day for over a year (in some cases more like 4 years) and doesn't care a lot for that game.

Neocron right now feels like someone ripped it's heart out.

hivemind
23-04-04, 04:00
/me waves at Major!

That's a rather impressive collection of dead people in that shot. Congratulations.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 12:58
Long time no see guys................ if any of u remember me..... whats the score these days ? this game worth playing ?

MAJOR

ello Maj. inject still plays your account :)

not seen you in long time. Uranus is a shit hole, BD take everything every night. however all of VENOM + Inject went NCAT (TG) now.

tbh prolly not worth resubscribin unless you feel the withdrawal effects :)

NC Junkie

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 13:23
No offence Dirk but if you are implying that many of those that left didn't care about this game as much as anyone could do or has done you are an idiot.

MMORPGs sink or swim mainly my the involvement of the player community, ultimately those who left could have made all of the servers absolutely rock, the bugs are a minor irritation and the lack of updates only a problem to solo players needing new things to stimulate their interest.

-OK maybe the MTV generation need constant pandering due to their short attention spans however the grown ups surely don't????????-

30-40 interested and committed players can make a great game regardless of the shortcomings of the environ.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 13:29
MMORPGs sink or swim mainly my the involvement of the player community, ultimately those who left could have made all of the servers absolutely rock, the bugs are a minor irritation and the lack of updates only a problem to solo players needing new things to stimulate their interest.

-OK maybe the MTV generation need constant pandering due to their short attention spans however the grown ups surely don't????????-

30-40 interested and committed players can make a great game regardless of the shortcomings of the environ.

onoz... its an ass!

when i was 17 i arranged the first MC5 hunt

when i was 18 i arranged SUKING (Second UK International Neocron Gethering)

am i one of these little MTV generation kids?

does that mean i cant be an interested or commited player?

i love this game. i played DAoC for over a year, this (neocron, not DAoC) is the only other MMORPG i have played for a decent amount of time... and it is easily the best.

however just because i like it doesnt mean i should have to put up with bugs / no customer supports / having my account hacked three times / no events / no end game content, mid game content or low game content other than epics ( :rolleyes: ).

KK really show how much they care... and yet for some reason we are still here.

age has nothing to do with it, people can only take so much shit from KK before they decide they have had enough

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 13:34
MTV Generation is a descriptive term for a type of person rather than an age group.

Ultimately you have to decide whether you are going to let all of the problems with kk and so on ruin your gaming. My basic point over my previous posts (explained badly I know) is that I think if we want the game to get better it is up to us, the players to improve things internally. I'm not wholly convinced that waiting for kk to fix things is a great plan.

I have always seen gaming as different to standard product utilisation.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 13:37
MTV Generation is a descriptive term for a type of person rather than an age group.

Ultimately you have to decide whether you are going to let all of the problems ith kk and so on ruin your gaming. My basic point over my previous posts (explained badly I know) is that I think if we want the game to get better it is up to us, the players to improve things internally. I'm not wholly convinced that waiting for kk to fix things is a great plan.

so... i have been hacked 3 times, if i left would that be my fault for letting it get to me or kk's fault for having no security?

i have taken god knows how much shit from kk... im still here, cos i love the game and am addicted. i will keep paying KK for what service they do provide, because i love the game

jernau
23-04-04, 13:40
ultimately those who left could have made all of the servers absolutely rock
They did just that. For a damn long time and despite all the problems. Everything has it's limits, even love. Maybe when you've been here as long as many of the recent departees you'll have something useful to say on the issue.

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 13:43
so... i have been hacked 3 times, if i left would that be my fault for letting it get to me or kk's fault for having no security?

That is kk's fault and was also not what I was talking about. I was talking about the game dying internally. Edit: Actually it could well be seen as whoever operates the severs' responsibility

Maybe when you've been here as long as many of the recent departees you'll have something useful to say on the issue.

Erm I have, just didn't bother with the out of game forums.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 13:46
Erm I have, just didn't bother with the out of game forums.

what were your first uranus chars (it says uranus under your name... i assume its your amin server) if your an old school player ill know you :)

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 13:50
what were your first uranus chars (it says uranus under your name... i assume its your amin server) if your an old school player ill know you :)

My main char is Dirk Gently (strangely) who has been on Uranus for ages, also have had Arkady Renko and Vladimir Ulyanov on for over a year but doubt you'll have heard of them as they are tradeskillers. It says all this on my profile.

Think I had Dirk on another server when I first joined too.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 13:54
My main char is Dirk Gently (strangely) who has been on Uranus for ages, also have had Arkady Renko and Vladimir Ulyanov on for a year but doubt you'll have heard of them as they are tradeskillers. It says all this on my profile.

Think I had Dirk on another server when I first joined too.

if you played Uranus since release you sure stayed quiet O_o

I am NC Junkie / Chicken Legs! / Jest0r Z?

I have been in APAS (Apocolyptic Assassins), sYn, SSC, VENOM, NRA and NCAT over my Uranus lifetime. however these days im pretty much not playing Uranus due to a certain clan who ninja's all ops every night, and due to the pathetic server population

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 14:00
if you played Uranus since release you sure stayed quiet O_o

I am NC Junkie / Chicken Legs! / Jest0r Z?

I have been in APAS (Apocolyptic Assassins), sYn, SSC, VENOM, NRA and NCAT over my Uranus lifetime. however these days im pretty much not playing Uranus due to a certain clan who ninja's all ops every night, and due to the pathetic server population

Think I was a month or so after UK release. And I haven't stayed that quiet I have been trying to salvage something out of ProtoPharm for months.

I have been in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (BD then PP), The Red Hand (PP), The Hunters Guild (PP) and MOB (PP). The server pop doesn't make it too bad because as soon as anything happens people log on.

Totally get what you mean about the Ninja hacking. (OK once or twice, but when ops get hacked everytime you log off it starts to grind)

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 14:04
Think I was a month or so after UK release. And I haven't stayed that quiet I have been trying to salvage something out of ProtoPharm for months.

I have been in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (BD then PP), The Red Hand (PP), The Hunters Guild (PP) and MOB (PP). The server pop doesn't make it too bad because as soon as anything happens people log on.

Totally get what you mean about the Ninja hacking. (OK once or twice, but when ops get hacked everytime you log off it starts to grind)

got bored of noone standing up to BD except us .

BD arent that good... they just have the numbers and ninja everynight. i havent op wared against the much... but when i have, i have never lost.

anyho nah i dont know ya, although i vaguely know the clan MOB.

most peeps know me these days, im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing though.

hivemind
23-04-04, 17:12
Nah Junkie, Dirk's been around a long time. My tank Ingmar Bonesteel used to beat him out in the Proto Fac Council Chairman elections all the time. :p :p :p

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:16
haha never said he wasnt... but he kept fairly quiet about it

the main reason i asked is i recognised the name... but couldnt think who it was, so im sure he has been around.

Dirk_Gently
23-04-04, 18:33
Nah Junkie, Dirk's been around a long time. My tank Ingmar Bonesteel used to beat him out in the Proto Fac Council Chairman elections all the time. :p :p :p

lol true enough.