PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Events

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 00:24
Do the GMS ever hold events or is there job specifically to hide from the Player base just wanted to know.

Marx
23-04-04, 00:30
Do the GMS ever hold events or is there job specifically to hide from the Player base just wanted to know.
There have been events recently.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 00:30
see before a mod closes this i just wanted to add that this is a classic example of whats happening on the forums atm.
People see a problem wich they want to do something about. But they are largely ignored. and moreso many of these threads are closed.
This leads to frustration because we can see the problem. We all have ideas of what we think need to be done, and we voice them. But still no response.
That leads to frustration wich in turn leads to anger.
Hence you get bitter posts.

So the general meaning behind this is: Do SOMETHING about it or atleast tell us how youre trying to do something.
Ofcourse thats assuming you are trying. :rolleyes:

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 00:35
Honestly that is what I am trying to get them to do..

I think that the GM's never read the forums it must be in their contract or
something. Contract is as follows.

A) Never listen to players, they don't know anything about how the game should be run.

B) Only contact runners when they are offline so you don't have to do any real work.

C) If there are less than 500 runners on a server you can use your GM powers to throw dozens of guns that no one can use all over plaza 2 and act stupid

Sign here and you are now a GM.

tkNukem
23-04-04, 00:36
they tend not to announce them on forums or in advance because of the excessive lag that occurs when 30+ ppl exist in one zone.

Nidhogg
23-04-04, 00:40
These forums aren't the game you know? The events all happen in the game and there have been plenty recently. Mods don't do events, we just close spam threads.

N

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 00:43
So as I was here sitting at work looking at a simple calendar I was wondering if the KK staff or volunteer GMS had ever tried using one... It seems like there is 24 hours in a standard day and that means with 5 servers there has to be at least 12 gms on each server each covering 2 hours at a time.. I know they don't pay the GMs but if they scheduled there time they could probably make the game a little more interesting than they do.. Not that fight night isn't fun but there has got to be other events they could plan..

Darkborg
23-04-04, 00:44
Hows this spam ??
Maybe many things but it sure isnt spam

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 00:45
I know what you do Nid. but do the GM's ever read these forums..

The only time I hear from a GM is when i am offline.

Nidhogg
23-04-04, 01:30
Thread merged.

N

Bellerophon
23-04-04, 02:07
:angel:
I know what you do Nid. but do the GM's ever read these forums..

The only time I hear from a GM is when i am offline.

Hey, we GMs never look into the forums. So a german GM like me would never read the english forums, you see. ;)

Alashandra_D.
23-04-04, 02:25

No, GMs and FCs don't hide from the playerbase; we just spend our time arranging events that tend to get ignored by the people who want them.

;)

But seriously; trust me, a lot of work, waiting and communication has to go into arranging a substantial event (i.e. Story-related, interaction with Roleplayed characters, potential twists and tangents in the event...etc, etc) and it's not easy to have the people needed on at the same time.

Time zones, personal problems (Like my current ones for example.... :rolleyes: ) and such can also hinder an event quite a lot.

But as has already been said: Events DO happen, they DO play through, and they DO get people involved. But unless it's "major" you're unlikely to be part of the event unless you knew of it beforehand or were in the right place at the right time.

Understand that I'm not speaking for the whole team here, we all have our own quirks and personalities which leads up to a large variety of event types, times and rewards (i.e. Some rewards are more likely to be Roleplay focused, others are probably large sums of credits...and so on). Just have a little patience, a bit more faith and curb your (Not you, personally) temper when things don't go to your liking.

We're human as well (Except SnowCrash maybe....), and we have a temperment that needs to be massaged every so often.

:D

It's a mutual thing: treat GMs, FCs and the like with respect, and they'll throw it right back at you in the form of gooey hugs and events.

But, to finish off this essay (:p), I just have to reinforce one thing:

Events DO happen, events ARE planned and events WILL involve a large amount of people at any one time.

Just remember that we're not A.I.s, we have a life to abide by as well.

:p

-Alash

(Note to annoyed CS members: I'll be active on Saturn and Pluto again real soon; my life's been hell lately, so my heart hasn't really been in my duties lately. ^^)

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 02:30
Yea Alash hurry up. Chop chop.

:D

SypH
23-04-04, 03:27
The only "events" I've seen lately on Saturn have been mass mob spawns at stupid hours. 4am last night there's an admin message about mobs in CRP. Lets be honest, mass mob spawns are not an event. It's just a chance for the faction that hold the op to get more rares from the multitude of high ranked mobs that were spawned. I sat on a hill and watch and that is all that happened. Why not hold the event were people can actually go, not a few select factions. That really bites for people that cant even get a chance of getting out there.

The mutant spwans in PP1 was more of the same. Mass mob spawns at a stupid hour of the night and the TS guards did more killing then players for the parts that I saw.

Seriously these do not count as events. Of course you're going to get complaints about lack of events when this is all we have been getting lately. How many people are going to sit up until 4am for a mob spawn?

Another problem is roleplay events. Lets face it, Saturn isnt exactly the hub of roleplaying. The height of RP on Saturn is, or rather was, red=dead. So the majority of us are going to miss on events thanks to this? Doesnt exactly strike me as fair. Sure reward those who want to roleplay and get into their characters, but at least throw the rest of us a bone. The last event I remember that was half enjoyable was the Anarchy Breed poison attacks (did anything ever come about from those datacubes?)

K, I've ranted enough, but my point still stands. You're still going to get complaints about lack of events when all we get is either stupid mass mob spawns at ungodly hours, or small RP events for a select few.

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 07:23
How do you expect the playerbase to react when we only see one event a
week that is specifically setup to attract either the richest players in the game or the most powerful in the game..

Oh and another thing events do not have to appeal to 100 people they can appeal to small groups also.. If there are not enough GM's then KK needs to solicit more volunteers.

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 07:25
Two more things exactly how many GMs are there on Pluto and what are all of your names.

Kasumi
23-04-04, 07:38
No, GMs and FCs don't hide from the playerbase; we just spend our time arranging events that tend to get ignored by the people who want them.

I hope what I say doesn't sound rude or be considered a "personal attack". You use this statement quite often in your posts to defend the FCs. The FC's do a great job I would like to say that. But your comment is quite unprofessional in my opinion. You are a volunteer but your are voluntering for a game that people pay for and a company produces. You should treat this as a job regardless if you are a volunteer or not. If I complained about "being" ignored by the schools students as much as you use that statement I would be asked to leave and find a new job or even worse I would loose my job.. :/ You should consider your "volunteer work" as a job do the best you can without complaints.. Because in my opinion YOU are working for Reakktor..

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 07:43
Amen Kasumi..

If they can't do the job that they volunteered for then KK get off your butt and get us more GM's.

I have been playing this game and other MMORPG plus a lot of pen and paper
games let me and some of the other hardcore players help you out..

Make us GM's ..

joran420
23-04-04, 07:52
I dunno ive logged in 3 times this last week...and every time there was some event goin on

Pluto...(Warbots @ MB, Ceres Wars in PP,and somethin else cant remember atm(edit: i think... really baked atm))

John_Ravenhawk
23-04-04, 07:57
My major problem is not that they don't have events it is that they only do it
once for a certain group of players and since this game is international
they need to have events for both groups of players.. They also need to
have the GM's communicate with the player base while they are on.

joran420
23-04-04, 08:06
you askin for hourly events? this was about 9pm(PST) but ive missed alot of events that were at like 2pm(PST) so that ppl in Europe could do it....so they do it accordint to US and English timezones....on the French Server its prolly always at peak time in france...on the international servers its prolly german peak time..... mostly assumtions...

metalangel
23-04-04, 15:33
SinRadio's events are well-publicized on Saturn... my show was last night. I had about seven unique people turn up over the course of the night... the prize giveaway had to be given by default to the only person who was actually in the apartment at the time.

Melodic Monday had maybe two people show up. We got plenty of listeners, but nobody actually comes out. You hypocrites :D

Alashandra_D.
23-04-04, 15:46
I hope what I say doesn't sound rude or be considered a "personal attack". You use this statement quite often in your posts to defend the FCs. The FC's do a great job I would like to say that. But your comment is quite unprofessional in my opinion. You are a volunteer but your are voluntering for a game that people pay for and a company produces. You should treat this as a job regardless if you are a volunteer or not. If I complained about "being" ignored by the schools students as much as you use that statement I would be asked to leave and find a new job or even worse I would loose my job.. :/ You should consider your "volunteer work" as a job do the best you can without complaints.. Because in my opinion YOU are working for Reakktor..

Funny you should say that actually; I *have* been tempted to pack up and leave because of it.

If people want and demand events, then why don't they make use of them when they do happen (Quite often in fact)? It doesn't strike me as particuarly helpful, to be honest with you. Likewise, there's more to being "professional" than being polite in the face of hostility, Kasumi.

And who's to say I don't treat this like a job? I give up free time to arrange things and sort out problems, time when I can be sorting out my own stuff, and to get it thrown back at me with "it's not what we wanted!" isn't the most enlightening thing in the world.

As I've already said; it's a mutual thing. If you're going to demand events, even to the point of being violent at times, then for God's sake make the effort to be at them if you know they're happening (And believe me here, I've seen a number of people moaning about a lack of events yet they don't show up when there is one on, spawn event or no, even if they're online....).

Finally, paying for the game doesn't mean that people automatically get the right to slag off Reakktor and the GM teams. Using your "student" example: If the teachers were doing their jobs and kept getting slagged off, with little to no constructive criticism thrown in, then I doubt they'd be too willing to teach anyone.

-Alash

SynC_187
23-04-04, 16:33
Funny you should say that actually; I *have* been tempted to pack up and leave because of it.

If people want and demand events, then why don't they make use of them when they do happen (Quite often in fact)? It doesn't strike me as particuarly helpful, to be honest with you. Likewise, there's more to being "professional" than being polite in the face of hostility, Kasumi.

And who's to say I don't treat this like a job? I give up free time to arrange things and sort out problems, time when I can be sorting out my own stuff, and to get it thrown back at me with "it's not what we wanted!" isn't the most enlightening thing in the world.

As I've already said; it's a mutual thing. If you're going to demand events, even to the point of being violent at times, then for God's sake make the effort to be at them if you know they're happening (And believe me here, I've seen a number of people moaning about a lack of events yet they don't show up when there is one on, spawn event or no, even if they're online....).

Finally, paying for the game doesn't mean that people automatically get the right to slag off Reakktor and the GM teams. Using your "student" example: If the teachers were doing their jobs and kept getting slagged off, with little to no constructive criticism thrown in, then I doubt they'd be too willing to teach anyone.

-Alash

I do kind of agree there. People expect everything, but most won't give anything themselves. I've been to quite a few events recently.

The last one the CM event at BD. Great job guys had great fun!

I've been involved in the kidnapping of a CA runner who we held captive at the Crahn Church.

I wandered in on the first wastleland sniper event.

These are the one's that stick in my head the most, but there have been a lot more.

None of these were spawn events.

Yes I would love more events, but if we're paying for this virtual world for us to live in and shape, why aren't you out trying to organise events? Its our game too.

P.S. Alash if you need any help you can always give me a mail.

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 19:27
Alash I think part of the big problem is not knowing when events are happening.

Honestly, if it's just up to being there at the right place/time or just being lucky, can you really blame the people for being angry if they were unlucky enough to miss 4-5 events just because they weren't logged on at the right time?

40$Poser
23-04-04, 19:39
SinRadio's events are well-publicized on Saturn... my show was last night. I had about seven unique people turn up over the course of the night... the prize giveaway had to be given by default to the only person who was actually in the apartment at the time.

Melodic Monday had maybe two people show up. We got plenty of listeners, but nobody actually comes out. You hypocrites :D

People rather not waste the effort of logging onto internet radio when most people have mp3s on their computer if they want to listen to music. Not much of an event to listen to music while playing neocron, anyone can honestly do that whenever they please.

Strych9
23-04-04, 19:42
Considering that the FC is not a"professional" (i.e. paid for their work) I think they should have some leeway to come into the forums and post personal views on subjects... without being criticized for making unprofessional comments.

Arbiter
23-04-04, 19:58
OMG! Look what I have found! (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61) Someone should post there ;)

We will also try to add some events into the calendar (http://forum.neocron.com/calendar.php?), and we are creating a general event advertiser NPC for the servers, so you don't even need to look into the forum.

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 20:21
OMG! Look what I have found! (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61) Someone should post there ;)

We will also try to add some events into the calendar (http://forum.neocron.com/calendar.php?), and we are creating a general event advertiser NPC for the servers, so you don't even need to look into the forum.

I saw an NPC on saturn advertising for the "Kumite". That is so cool. Maybe you should make the npcs give subtle hints. You know, make the player think about it long and hard to try and decipher where the next event will be held.

"hey buddy, I can't get into specifics, but I heard..........XXXXXXXX"

:p

hivemind
23-04-04, 20:26
The only "events" I've seen lately on Saturn have been mass mob spawns at stupid hours. 4am last night there's an admin message about mobs in CRP. Lets be honest, mass mob spawns are not an event. It's just a chance for the faction that hold the op to get more rares from the multitude of high ranked mobs that were spawned. I sat on a hill and watch and that is all that happened. Why not hold the event were people can actually go, not a few select factions. That really bites for people that cant even get a chance of getting out there.

The mutant spwans in PP1 was more of the same. Mass mob spawns at a stupid hour of the night and the TS guards did more killing then players for the parts that I saw.

Seriously these do not count as events. Of course you're going to get complaints about lack of events when this is all we have been getting lately. How many people are going to sit up until 4am for a mob spawn?

Another problem is roleplay events. Lets face it, Saturn isnt exactly the hub of roleplaying. The height of RP on Saturn is, or rather was, red=dead. So the majority of us are going to miss on events thanks to this? Doesnt exactly strike me as fair. Sure reward those who want to roleplay and get into their characters, but at least throw the rest of us a bone. The last event I remember that was half enjoyable was the Anarchy Breed poison attacks (did anything ever come about from those datacubes?)

K, I've ranted enough, but my point still stands. You're still going to get complaints about lack of events when all we get is either stupid mass mob spawns at ungodly hours, or small RP events for a select few.

So let me see if I understand.

Mass mob spawn events suck.

Roleplay events suck.

What's left?

Oh, wait... You're one of those people who only want to go to an event if there's a big cookie dangled in front of you, like a Kami chip or Terminator.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 20:28
a Calendar WTF since when was that added ???
and if you answer always THEN WHY the FUCK didnt anyone tell me ?? :p
This might just actually bring me ingame for the first time in a month if i can find something good.

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 04:25
man that calendar thing is cool now why don't the gms get off their butts and start filling it with events. for all the servers not just the ones they have friends on.

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 04:31
Ok everyone look at how many events have been planned for Neocron by
the wonderful GM's in the game..

Communication it is a wonderful thing...

Calendar - For Events (http://forum.neocron.com/calendar.php?)

Like I said before when are they going to get to doing something.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 04:38
"Crap Crap Crap" Alllllllll Crap.

Events can’t be just thrown all over the place for the GM's convenience.

This causes confusion and perplexity.

They should be happening 24/7.

Today I took it apon my self and had my own little event and got my droner to shoot rockets into every passerbyes grape, and did not even worry about soullight, oh know!!!!!

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 04:41
amen events should happen 24/7

petek480
24-04-04, 04:45

What you talking about, jupiter got 6 events this week.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 04:48
The description was in German, who is the HIDDEN calander for anyway? Heh!!!???

STILL Crap, ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CRAP!!!!!

I'm not fooled. :wtf:

Well Tonight I'm going to attack everyone that comes out the Neocron City Gates with a missle to the back of there freeking grapes!!!!!!. :mad:

I'll make my own darn event!

Of course won't be able kill anyone untill I'm capped or close.

olavski
24-04-04, 05:02
Maybe offtopic but i think of you`re gonna support a game in three different languages ..............

c'mon, this can't be good

Or i'mn gonna ask for a Dutch forum ;) etc...

XSuneX
24-04-04, 05:06
Dam I can't put projectiles into anyones grape cuz no one is playing.

Server pops right now are:

Jupiter: 41
Venus : 28
Uranus: 46
Saturn: 172
Pluto :44

Total :331

Wow that is the first time Pluto was not last.

I'm not standing around for an HOUR waiting for some one to pop in the grape...

XSuneX
24-04-04, 05:09
Maybe offtopic but i think of you`re gonna support a game in three different languages ..............

c'mon, this can't be good

Or i'mn gonna ask for a Dutch forum ;) etc...
Thats what I'm saying, 24/7 Babyyyyyyy!!!

Strych9
24-04-04, 05:29
Wow first he complains that there is no communication at all, and now that he knows where to look, its not enough.

Never saw THAT one coming.

yavimaya
24-04-04, 05:54
Wow first he complains that there is no communication at all, and now that he knows where to look, its not enough.

Never saw THAT one coming.

i dont think its communication he is complaining about, its the fact that there is 1 event, on the calender for this year.... in german, on a german server... all taking place in the same week of the same month, and nothing else for the whole year!

P.S. there isnt even a "woohoo" or "finally" listed under Spetember 1st.... etc, i think you get the point, savour this event that ends today! it looks to be that last one for the year as far as the calender says.

hivemind
24-04-04, 06:12
That calendar's a new feature that came with the new forums. Probably everyone is still getting used to using it.

hivemind
24-04-04, 06:21
You got any idea the amount of volunteer manpower it would take to run events 24-7? Remembering that the GMs, first and foremost, have to take care of trouble tickets, investigate cheating allegations, and do all the other nuts-and-bolts type stuff.

It's not feasable.

Besides, events are happening, almost daily. If you don't see them, I suggest you get the hell out of Plaza once in a while. GMs aren't gonna do events in crowded zones anymore, especially on Saturn, because a sizable percentage of the population can't handle it.

This is just another facet of that mindset that seems to be only on Saturn. You are the most ungrateful, most complaining people EVAR!

If I recall correctly, the sequence of events went like this:

"Waaaahhh!!! We wanna have events!!!"
GMs had events
Saturn runners disrupted events. Repeatedly.
GMs stopped having large events on Saturn
"Waaaahhh!!! We wanna have events!!!"

You see where this is going? It's just another facet of the "instant gratification", "someone-please-spoon-feed-me-everything" mentality that rules on Saturn.

In summary: there ARE events. If you aren't seeing them, you're looking in the wrong places.

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 07:18
I AM complaining that there is not enough GM's and we need more events on all the servers if the volunteers are not making events to keep the players busy then the people getting paid to work on the game need to create events and delegate these events to their GM's .... Get to work KK... Stop slacking... and make some plans... They have literally done more work on the forums than they have done on the game that we pay them for.

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 07:22
I Do Not Play On Saturn And I Am Not Switching To
A Character On Another Server Just Because They Are
Not Prepared To Handle What They Created.

If They Can't Handle All The Servers Merge Them But Stop
Saying They Are Creating Events And Communicating With The
Playerbase When It Is Obvious They Are Not...

jernau
24-04-04, 07:33
LOL Strych9 - you gotta admit it's hard to put a positive spin on that.

Like Hive says it's probably just slow- or non-takeup by the relevant people but it does fairly accurately reflect most people's experience and expectations at the moment.

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 07:43
I can tell you this, I don't play this game for any one reason.

i don't play it just because of the first person shooting, or the PVP
or the vehicles, or the skill based system, or the tradeskilling..

I play it for all of them.. The only real complaint i have had with this
game is that they need help with missions and mission based events.

If there people can't put together events then they need to train the
Volunteers in how to do this.. If there volunteers don't hold at
least 3 events a week then KK will Recruit volunteers.

That means they need to ask us for help if you are listening KK.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 08:45
I can tell you this, I don't play this game for any one reason.

i don't play it just because of the first person shooting, or the PVP
or the vehicles, or the skill based system, or the tradeskilling..

I play it for all of them.. The only real complaint i have had with this
game is that they need help with missions and mission based events.

If there people can't put together events then they need to train the
Volunteers in how to do this.. If there volunteers don't hold at
least 3 events a week then KK will Recruit volunteers.

That means they need to ask us for help if you are listening KK.
You are so ON man!!!

LaZyBoY
24-04-04, 09:42
The germans get all the love man...

-FN-
24-04-04, 10:47
My question, as an IT person and noticing this first, why is the calendar @ forums.neocron.com and these "Official" forums are @ neocron.jafc.de? Shouldn't "Official" forums be at *.neocron.com? And both that calendar and our forums are vBulletin driven, yet both are completely different installs and use separate cookies O_o

That's all just weird...

Oh yeah, and no event listings = teh sux -- Hopefully it's just still not populated due to being new...

Nidhogg
24-04-04, 10:51
Thread merged again. Please resist the temptation to post everything in a new thread.

N

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 15:33
Nid I don't do it to make your life miserable

I just want to get a point across without it getting lost in a large Threads
Merged section that everyone thinks they have read already.

Arbiter
24-04-04, 15:34
i dont think its communication he is complaining about, its the fact that there is 1 event, on the calender for this year.... in german, on a german server... all taking place in the same week of the same month, and nothing else for the whole year!

P.S. there isnt even a "woohoo" or "finally" listed under Spetember 1st.... etc, i think you get the point, savour this event that ends today! it looks to be that last one for the year as far as the calender says.

Maybe we don't post everything we have planned on that calendar yet? Maybe our plans develop and not every possible event is written down yet?

And

story-lead or "surprise" events may occur without warning
(view here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=86981))

The event on Jupiter is organized by the runners and just get supported by GMs. This and "The STORM" you can find in the world events forum will be done on the other servers as well. It may look like Jupiter gets all the love, bt the fact is that the Jupiter runners send in more ideas we can help to realize...

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 15:38
if the jupiter guys send in ideas is it not your job to make those ideas
happen on all the servers not just on jupiter..

Arbiter
24-04-04, 16:03
It is and we are doing this. But the current one are intensive ones, take severall hours ingame and we also need to prepare the RP PART of this. We can only do it on one server per time. I know you would like to see it happen on all servers the same time, or at least in the same period of time. But sometimes also I need some sleep and have still a real life.

If you want to have some of this events on your servers first, start to plan something, get together with others and write up something. (Maybe you have missed this thread till now (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=97116))

And, if these things are done, we still need you to take part ;)

John_Ravenhawk
24-04-04, 16:07
isn't that thread about preevents and not current events.

Arbiter
24-04-04, 16:20
Well, yes, but still it is a way for you to create something for Neocron.

Future story and event ideas go via the counsellors (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96953) or gmevents@neocron.com - Callash gets more then enough mails to worry with ;)

Menolak
24-04-04, 17:23
Not to flame, [ edited ], maybe if the players showed an interest in roleplay (and I mean the majority, not a select few) the events would be more interesting and more frequent. However, with the roleplay as weak as it is, it's not really a surprise that the events aren't as complicated or well-thought out as they would be on Venus, for example...

SypH
24-04-04, 19:56
So let me see if I understand.

Mass mob spawn events suck.

Roleplay events suck.

What's left?

Oh, wait... You're one of those people who only want to go to an event if there's a big cookie dangled in front of you, like a Kami chip or Terminator. Well when I say RP events I mean those small scale ones that occasionally happen with 4 or 5 runners. And I didnt say RP events suck....they just happen to exclude 99.9% of Saturns population;)

I dont want things handed to me on a plate either. The last event I enjoyed was that one quite a while ago when Anarchy Breed tried to poison the city. There were AB members in the sewers and Troopies loaded with them heading towards the city gate. I got bugger all at that event but it was fun! I helped clear out the Plaza 1 sewers then headed to the gates to help there.
That was just a mob spawn sure, but it had a purpose, they didnt just appear for no reason and it was very enjoyable. The mass WB spawns around NC a while ago werent because there was no real reason for it. They were just there.

Scikar
24-04-04, 20:08

And exactly what do you want out of these 'Events'? An event an hour, 24/7, all organised, means 1) It's not very believable for RPers to see "At 16:00 tomorrow TG will launch a surprise attack on Military Base". 2) An event intended for a small group of runners suddenly is filled with 150, 20 of which are running around killing the others.

Despite Menolak's continuous Venus>Saturn posts, he does have a point - if people on Saturn aren't prepared to RP then they can't complain when there are no events for them. If you RP and get in contact with your FC, it's perfectly possible to find out about events and encourage them. If you don't have an FC you're in an awkward position, but a quick check of the list shows most slots full, if you mail them you are sure to have a response within a day or so.

Darkborg
25-04-04, 05:20
if you mail them you are sure to have a response within a day or so.

BAAH Good one HEH :rolleyes:

oh oh oh
Could i make a suggestion mister GM. Get some More gms involved if theres isnt enough Recruit some more damn it.

John_Ravenhawk
25-04-04, 07:03
yeah recruit more and events can be scheduled and still have select events that just happen.

John_Ravenhawk
25-04-04, 07:05
One more thing...

Shouldn't they give new GM's a packet with suggested events to hold on
each server or does KK just say you are a GM now here are your powers
we will help you just like we did when you were a player.. which means
you are on your own...

Kenjuten
25-04-04, 07:07
I hate to bring this up, but you ever notice the Live Runs & Player Runs threads only stay on the non-English Forums?

Makes you wonder...no?

I also dislike bringing this piece of information, but if I understand right, lots of people like to disrupt events and harm/kill FCs and stuff.

Yeah..also makes you wonder...eh?

Note: This was an isolated spontaneous post, randomly thinking about stuff. Feel free to counter at your own discretion. :D

Arbiter
25-04-04, 10:32
On Jupiter a team of Runners started some life runs without GM support, that is why the thread is still there.

John_Ravenhawk
25-04-04, 17:03
Then you are saying the only reason we see runs on jupiter is because the
runners are doing them and again you the gms are not doing your job
there either.

SypH
25-04-04, 18:30
No I think he is saying that there is more events on Jupiter because there is more player involvment.

I dont want constant events, but large scale events like the Anarchy Breed attack rock and should be held more often.