PDA

View Full Version : Board Mod stranglehold

Vamil
22-04-04, 08:14
I don't know about you but lately the mods on this board have been kind of ... how do i say this .. nicely.. Fuck it, they been closing pretty important posts by people about the servers WE play on. I know theres some rule about "keep it in game" and shit like that but come on, have you seen the fucking populations on the servers??? Theres no one to "Keep it in game" to anymore ffs :mad: . I'm pretty pissed we can't express what we need to here on the boards to maybe get people who are lurking here to log in more or something.

Fuckin Cartel left Saturn, Thats a big deal on that server! Plutos lost 60% of its people since the release day of BDoY, another big deal! But if anyone posts about it, it always ends in... "Thread closed, keep it in game". I'm getting sick and tired of seeing closed threads that stretch out to people that aren't "In game". You wanna attack a post like that, delete the nonsense dribble that some people post. Don't just lock it up and only let the 3 or 4 people post. We pay as customers for a game thats got more holes than swiss cheese in it, we put up with a lot of shit from KK, we should at least be able to have some freedoms on this board.

Its not an "Attack" on the mods, its just frustation of getting messages accross the servers when theres no one ingame to get them accross too. I dont' think i've read the in game forums on pluto once and i've been there almost a year, on saturn i've been there a few weeks .. yep , haven't read the ingame forums there either. Anyone get what i'm trying to say ??? 8|

Tratos
22-04-04, 08:53
I think your gonna get the alternate mod post on this one

"This is not up for disscussion on the forums, if you have a problem direct comments to Odin" or somthing like that althought i do beleieve you have a damn good point

~Tratos

Original monk
22-04-04, 08:58
we know by know that certain parts of the forums get censored ...

probably to keep the order on the forums ffcourse, ya can imagine what kind of post result out of the fe: cartel leaving post ...

or do you want the forum to be the same as the saturn tradechannel ? :P

now thats chaos

edit: + no-one keeps ya from discussing this mathers ingame, or true PM's :)

athon
22-04-04, 09:58
There should be server specific forums for 'in game' type stuff.

How about a poll (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97371) to grab KK's attention - vote now!

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
22-04-04, 10:04
I don't know about you but lately the mods on this board have been kind of ... how do i say this .. nicely.. Fuck it, they been closing pretty important posts by people about the servers WE play on. I know theres some rule about "keep it in game" and shit like that but come on, have you seen the fucking populations on the servers??? Theres no one to "Keep it in game" to anymore ffs :mad: . I'm pretty pissed we can't express what we need to here on the boards to maybe get people who are lurking here to log in more or something.

Fuckin Cartel left Saturn, Thats a big deal on that server! Plutos lost 60% of its people since the release day of BDoY, another big deal! But if anyone posts about it, it always ends in... "Thread closed, keep it in game". I'm getting sick and tired of seeing closed threads that stretch out to people that aren't "In game". You wanna attack a post like that, delete the nonsense dribble that some people post. Don't just lock it up and only let the 3 or 4 people post. We pay as customers for a game thats got more holes than swiss cheese in it, we put up with a lot of shit from KK, we should at least be able to have some freedoms on this board.

Its not an "Attack" on the mods, its just frustation of getting messages accross the servers when theres no one ingame to get them accross too. I dont' think i've read the in game forums on pluto once and i've been there almost a year, on saturn i've been there a few weeks .. yep , haven't read the ingame forums there either. Anyone get what i'm trying to say ??? 8|

click my sig for unmodded forum for the discussion of whatever you like :)

tbh a igree and its getting out of hand, but as long as they keep saying "GM / Mod's word is final" theres fuck all you can do

Gotterdammerung
22-04-04, 10:04
If you havn't read any of the in-game forums thats hardly reakktors fault. An asset is provided in game for you to use that most mmorpgs don't have so if you chose to ignore it then it's your loss.

We close some things because honestly they have no place here and they do deserve to be discussed in-game on those forums.
If you don't want to feel like an island unto yourself in-game try something like this:

"Hey joe, did you hear ____ clan quit ?
yeah, what about their ops? yeah, hmmm. Hey I have an idea, lemme start a thread in our faction forum and see if i can muster up some people to take some ops....or...lemme download one of those free voice programs and I'll set up a server and we can discuss it"

get the idea?

Those "keep it in-game" threads are closed for what pretty much is the same reasons we close good-bye threads, because in the past they invariably degenerated into flaming because not everyone likes everyone else out there and this forum isn't the place for dirty laundry.

So please break the cycle, use the in-game forums. They are a valuable asset provided specifically for the players.

P.s. I was going to close this, but i do believe discussion is healthy. Keep it above boards and not rude, crude or whinny. remember to keep yourself on the right side of the discussion and don't flame, thats a sure ticket to closure.

Jesterthegreat
22-04-04, 10:13
If you havn't read any of the in-game forums thats hardly reakktors fault. An asset is provided in game for you to use that most mmorpgs don't have so if you chose to ignore it then it's your loss.

use the in-game forums. They are a valuable asset provided specifically for the players.

have you ever tried using them? my PC gets a steady 70~+ fps in big op wars... my PC gets down to 3 fps on a big thread O_o

the ingame forums are worthless... besides everyone just logs on alts to agree with themselves :p

athon
22-04-04, 10:15
Yes - but most people don't want to sit and read some crappily created forums where they can't edit posts, can't delete, can't post polls and takes them down to running at 5 fps while their playing the game. They wan to play the game.

Meanwhile, when people would probably find ideal to use some role-playing forums, while their taking a break from playing, or when they can't (at school for example), their told 'keep it in-game' - they're not allowed to role-play on the forums for an mmorpg!

The only in-game forums that get usefully used are the clan recruitment, runner services, auction, item trading, faction and clan forums. But the other forums don't get used really.

We close some things because honestly they have no place here and they do deserve to be discussed in-game on those forums.
If you don't want to feel like an island unto yourself in-game try something like this:

"Hey joe, did you hear ____ clan quit ?
yeah, what about their ops? yeah, hmmm. Hey I have an idea, lemme start a thread in our faction forum and see if i can muster up some people to take some ops....or...lemme download one of those free voice programs and I'll set up a server and we can discuss it"

get the idea?

Yeah - role-play has no place on the Neocron forums! You heard it from a mod! People aren't allowed to roleplay on the forums of their mmorpg? WTF kind of attitude is that? No wonder people are getting bored and leaving.

Those "keep it in-game" threads are closed for what pretty much is the same reasons we close good-bye threads, because in the past they invariably degenerated into flaming because not everyone likes everyone else out there and this forum isn't the place for dirty laundry.

So please break the cycle, use the in-game forums. They are a valuable asset provided specifically for the players

My 0.02 EUR

Athon Solo

Argent
22-04-04, 10:18

The ingame forums.... Which are slow as hell, very ankward to use in every way you can imagine.

At least that's the impression what I got when I was able to use them - For some minutes. Now it's pretty much this : ingame forum = near instant FRE.

How am I supposed to use them? Tell me.

Jesterthegreat
22-04-04, 10:20
The ingame forums.... Which are slow as hell, very ankward to use in every way you can imagine.

At least that's the impression what I got when I was able to use them - For some minutes. Now it's pretty much this : ingame forum = near instant FRE.

How am I supposed to use them? Tell me.

yup... im lucky if i can read / reply to 1 thread before i FRE

Gotterdammerung
22-04-04, 10:22
As I said, the in-game forums are there, if you choose not to use them for whatever excuse thats your choice, but they are there.

And athon, you know exactly what I mean, please don't misconstrue it. If you want to role play then use the role play forums, isn't that simple ? if you wanna flame & bash though, be it here or in the rp forum it will get edited and/or closed.

It's really not asking alot for people to simply treat others with a little respect & dignity is it ?

Nidhogg
22-04-04, 10:23
We do encourage RP on our forums, we even have a whole bunch of boards where all you're allowed to do is RP, but it's not our fault if people cannot be bothered to look outside Community Talk.

If you want to discuss your kills/deaths/OP fights etc. then do it in-game because if we were just to prune the flame posts out of such threads they would become unreadable. Not to mention the fact that it's not our job to clean up after you; it's your job to abide by the rules you all acknowledged before you entered the forums.

BTW, I'm not as forgiving as my colleague. Closed. If you want to discuss this further then PM me.

N