PDA

View Full Version : ..:: Melee AOE Weapon ::..

enigma_b17
22-04-04, 06:31
Ok this is going to sound a little funky but i think its a lovely idea lol. What about a hammer sort of melee weapon call it whatever, Thors Hammer or somethin similar :P. Anyway ere goes, it would act as a weapon which does not strike Runners Directly, but is smashed down on the ground with such force that it damages everything in a small radius, of course we cant have melee tanks running round doing this thousands of times and doin damage to everything around them, so theyd ave to be standing still, and it also does a little bit of damage to them aswell, kind of the downside of using it :), it could be a high tl weapon that would give melee tanks something extra to play with, moderate damage would do the job, not as powerful as a holy nrg barrell, probably a bit weaker, I think it would be sweet though :D, what u think?

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 06:40
I love it. 5 star

Lanigav
22-04-04, 06:51
Yeah, I suggested something similar to this a while back. I want some form of melee AOE something fierce.

hose187
22-04-04, 08:25
They should switch grenades from H-C to M-C, and make them actually useful (like being able to stack them so you don't have to open RPOS after every toss).

brackk
22-04-04, 14:23
Since melee is point blank and the aoe radius would encompass the melee fighter any damage done to mobs would also be done to the melee character. The hammer you are describing if aimed at a mob or player some distance away would not be a melee weapon but a ranged weapon.

-=BlackBeard=-
22-04-04, 14:24
i agree that melle should have an AOE gun but a hammer :wtf: no i dont think so maybe shrapnel..

extract
22-04-04, 14:28
They should switch grenades from H-C to M-C

yea why the hell are hand grenades HC anyways? make a high lvl hand grenade and give it to MC...problem solved....

Clownst0pper
22-04-04, 14:31
Grenades is the answer, not a silly OTT hammer which u only want to AOE so u can xp faster :wtf:

icarium
22-04-04, 14:32
anything that adds variety gets my vote

it'll never get added though, that would require a PATCH O_o

enigma_b17
22-04-04, 16:21
" Since melee is point blank and the aoe radius would encompass the melee fighter any damage done to mobs would also be done to the melee character. The hammer you are describing if aimed at a mob or player some distance away would not be a melee weapon but a ranged weapon."

The way i was thinking it of, is not that u aim it at a player, more like u just stand somewhere and shoot doesnt matter what ur aiming at, it just hits the ground and cause aoe damage to things near u, not ranged :P

Mr_Snow
22-04-04, 16:26
If melee wasnt so bugged i would suggest that everything within the arc of the weapon swing should be damaged bug with the currant bugs it wouldnt work very well.

As for grenades just remove the HC requirement and make it strength based alone which would solve the rifle complaint of lack of AE and the lack of melee AE but the highest TL grenades would have to be raised.

Strych9
22-04-04, 16:33
" Since melee is point blank and the aoe radius would encompass the melee fighter any damage done to mobs would also be done to the melee character. The hammer you are describing if aimed at a mob or player some distance away would not be a melee weapon but a ranged weapon."

The way i was thinking it of, is not that u aim it at a player, more like u just stand somewhere and shoot doesnt matter what ur aiming at, it just hits the ground and cause aoe damage to things near u, not ranged :PI cant imagine what this would be useful for.

It would only do force damage prolly, so it would be pointless in PvP, where your foe could have more force resist than you. And with mobs it would be okay, but then you would have the mob attacking you and you damaging yourself. Okay for smaller mobs, but you couldnt use it on any decent mob very well.

brackk
22-04-04, 16:36
In theory then enigma it would have to be a very small radius. Say for instance 1 yard in radius with a weapon reach of 1 yard. Then the char using the wep would be outside the aoe but with only a 2 yard diameter it would be a real bitch to round up mobs. I suppose the effect could be a circle with the player at its perimeter but all other aoe in the game that i am aware of have a center that is the target point.