PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a booboo

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:27
So there I am, hitting reactivate, itching to get back into the fold and hit my old Pluto tank, near capped. The only problem was, I'd sold all my belongings before I quit last year.

Doh.

Not to worry.

So I jump in, pay the dosh, start it up, and then remember......

That before I quit, I'd deleted my character from the control panel...

FUCK

So I've just paid my cash to look at an empty character box.

Well I fucked that up, didn't I?

*Quits again and goes to cry*

Phalanx
22-04-04, 00:28
Ah yeah that sucks .... why don't you try a new class from scratch ?

Marx
22-04-04, 00:28
So there I am, hitting reactivate, itching to get back into the fold and hit my old Pluto tank, near capped. The only problem was, I'd sold all my belongings before I quit last year.

Doh.

Not to worry.

So I jump in, pay the dosh, start it up, and then remember......

That before I quit, I'd deleted my character from the control panel...

FUCK

So I've just paid my cash to look at an empty character box.

Well I fucked that up, didn't I?

*Quits again and goes to cry*Contact Leo Frankowski in-game.

I can set up you money-wise and research-wise.

;)

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:30
*Laughs*

The offer's appreciated Marx, but my comment is that I've deleted my old character, and really do not want to have to go back through the grind that is the level treadmill.

This game has so much going for it, but the fact that it doesn't really start until you're almost capped, removes so much fun, and I really don't feel like having to start from scratch again.

I can't even remember why I physically deleted my old character.

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 00:31
I can help you out with some cash.

When you gonna be online?

Spoon
22-04-04, 00:32
Leveling is easy in Neocron.....

Unless you've done it on 14 differant characters....

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:34
Right, to hell with it, why not...

I'm going to be on Pluto... I think.... I remember Pluto as my home, and loved it there.. Is this a mistake though. *Thinks*

I need some help then..

I'm going to go Researcher or Constructor...
Either Pluto or Saturn...

Any comments?

Marx
22-04-04, 00:34
PM me, I'll start up a n00b ppu.

:lol:

Spoon
22-04-04, 00:35
Right, to hell with it, why not...

I'm going to go Researcher or Constructor...
Either Pluto or Saturn...

Any comments?

Drones are your friends.......

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:36
Honestly, asides from my trusted Tank, I have no idea how to level other characters. From two years ago, all I've ever played is my tank.

I'm lost. :(

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 00:39
I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think you should go to saturn. Hell I myself would go on saturn if I could stomach any more leveling.

Pluto is about as populated as Marx's bedroom on a friday night.

:eek:

:p

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:41
Okay, if someone can give me the stats I should have for a starting Spy.
I'm not sure where to allocate everything for the quickest level time.

So apparently Drones will be the best bet for me to level?

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 00:45
I don't know about the researcher question, but I think Protopharm is the "safest" faction.

Hostile to Tsunami and um.... I forgot the 2nd one.

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 00:58
Well, I'm online at Saturn, so if anyone can offer assistance, it's really appreciated.

You're looking for:

Kirth Decket

Oath
22-04-04, 01:29
Well, I'm online at Saturn, so if anyone can offer assistance, it's really appreciated.

You're looking for:

Kirth Decket

I can give you sex if you want it.....

<3 Maloch dude

Organics
22-04-04, 04:47
I don't know about the researcher question, but I think Protopharm is the "safest" faction.

Hostile to Tsunami and um.... I forgot the 2nd one.

Tsunami and NEXT.

darknessfairy
22-04-04, 09:37
yeah drones is the easiest way to level spies. i don't personally have a spy but i know people that do, and drones are just easy and stuff etc.

i don't really know what im saying, it's too early in the morning.

phunqe
22-04-04, 09:39
Now that is the spirit Maloch... I was about to say stop teh whin0r and get your butt0r in already :p ;)

But wait... Saturn? Did you misspell Pluto? They keys are so near to eachother :p

*emits esp brain waves*
*pluto*
*pluuuuutooooo*

muahahauauahah
*coughs and chokes*

EDIT: *twitch* awwww shitnznitz... I forgot mah pills today *twitch*

Scikar
22-04-04, 09:42
Drones are supposed to be the best for levelling, but IMO pistols or rifles are 10x as fun, nowhere near as buggy, and XP is no different because rifles and pistols actually kill mobs rather than tickling them. You can snipe WBs with an Archer Companion rifle at DEX 13 as a rifle spy, from there onwards XP is fairly easy.

retr0n
22-04-04, 11:21
Drones are supposed to be the best for levelling, but IMO pistols or rifles are 10x as fun, nowhere near as buggy, and XP is no different because rifles and pistols actually kill mobs rather than tickling them. You can snipe WBs with an Archer Companion rifle at DEX 13 as a rifle spy, from there onwards XP is fairly easy.

With the exeption that droners lvl int just as much as dex. So if your going
tradeskiller this might be a good thing, then when capped/near capped just
lom off to something else

Scikar
22-04-04, 12:43
As a rifle spy your INT level only lags behind your DEX by a couple of levels or so. At the very most, 5. Besides that, the rate compared to DEX is irrelevant. What matters, is which levels INT the fastest. And the answer, from my point of view at least, is rifles. As a pure droner, droning can be fun, it's not too bad. But if you want to tradeskill as well, droning sucks. I really don't see why people recommend it. A Terror Mauler or Doom Reaper, which normally dies in one or two clips from most high end rifles, can take a good couple of minutes to kill with an MR-1000, especially when you only just have enough WPW to use it. On top of that, ammo is cheap, and can be bought easily, drones cannot. And, as a tradeskiller, the WPW loss needs to be regained through RCL, which means low AGL and no stealth, plus you don't level CON very quickly, not really much STR either from the tradeskills, so you're weak, with no stealth, no speed, and drones which deal less damage than pistols and rifles of lower TLs.

Biznatchy
22-04-04, 19:52
As a rifle spy your INT level only lags behind your DEX by a couple of levels or so. At the very most, 5. Besides that, the rate compared to DEX is irrelevant. What matters, is which levels INT the fastest. And the answer, from my point of view at least, is rifles. As a pure droner, droning can be fun, it's not too bad. But if you want to tradeskill as well, droning sucks. I really don't see why people recommend it. A Terror Mauler or Doom Reaper, which normally dies in one or two clips from most high end rifles, can take a good couple of minutes to kill with an MR-1000, especially when you only just have enough WPW to use it. On top of that, ammo is cheap, and can be bought easily, drones cannot. And, as a tradeskiller, the WPW loss needs to be regained through RCL, which means low AGL and no stealth, plus you don't level CON very quickly, not really much STR either from the tradeskills, so you're weak, with no stealth, no speed, and drones which deal less damage than pistols and rifles of lower TLs.

Ya this is indeed true dat on drones, but you can level faster with pistols if you have a ppu to put in your back pocket. Pluse one day you get to the slasher if its not nerfed by then. There are some ways to level high end dex and int that doesnt even require any points in combat skills but ill save that for later.

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 20:24
ooooh, no... csting/repairing will up your str rather decently, though you gotta do a fair bit of volume.

Trust me, cst/res/drone is a quite decent route to go at a low level, since you'll need loads of wep1/2/3/4/5 in place for your droning, once you got your wepparts done, you can lom out either tradeskill then pour the rest into WPW so you can do some serious leveling before the final lom.

Strych9
22-04-04, 20:28
As a rifle spy your INT level only lags behind your DEX by a couple of levels or so. At the very most, 5. Besides that, the rate compared to DEX is irrelevant. What matters, is which levels INT the fastest. And the answer, from my point of view at least, is rifles. As a pure droner, droning can be fun, it's not too bad. But if you want to tradeskill as well, droning sucks. I really don't see why people recommend it. A Terror Mauler or Doom Reaper, which normally dies in one or two clips from most high end rifles, can take a good couple of minutes to kill with an MR-1000, especially when you only just have enough WPW to use it. On top of that, ammo is cheap, and can be bought easily, drones cannot. And, as a tradeskiller, the WPW loss needs to be regained through RCL, which means low AGL and no stealth, plus you don't level CON very quickly, not really much STR either from the tradeskills, so you're weak, with no stealth, no speed, and drones which deal less damage than pistols and rifles of lower TLs.There is the problem Scikar, and why you dont like drones.

Doom Reapers? With a droner?

No no no no no.

You may think pistols level fast, but you dont know fast Int/Dex levelling until you use a RGC drone on scorpions at El Farid or the snakes at the snake graves.

What pistol setup allows you to attack 8-12 70/70-100/100 mobs all at the same time? None. And THATS why droning levels so fast.

So if you play a droner like you play a non-droner, yes, droners dont level any faster. But if you play a droner like a droner, then they can level MUCH faster. AOE drones, end of story.

I was a pistol spy/constructor at nat dex of 84 or so. Cause of the construction and repair, levelling was DRAGGING. I totally rerolled to a droner, and ended up with same constr/repair, but was levelling, at nat dex 84, 100x faster than with pistols. The RG1000 drone firing on snakes would rocket both my int and dex, even at that high a level, and even without uber RCL and WPW.

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 20:32
or, maloch, you could use your spy to go H-C and use combat vecs.

I would swear by them for leveling gentanks, PEs, and Spies.

Str/Con/Dex/Int goes up so nicely for me.. so very nicely.

Agreed, its not *uber* dex/int, but it does level nicely.

Saza
22-04-04, 21:32
Pluto is about as populated as Marx's bedroom on a friday night.

Just me and Marx then?

Edit: Pistols Spies are teh win.

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 21:36
only if said spies use poison nailguns and DoT-modded colt pistols AND mini-rocket pistols. Gatling pistol users will be considered on a case by case basis.

Brammers
22-04-04, 21:38
Maloch - if you are online on Pluto - you know where to call. :)

Scikar
22-04-04, 23:44
There is the problem Scikar, and why you dont like drones.

Doom Reapers? With a droner?

No no no no no.

You may think pistols level fast, but you dont know fast Int/Dex levelling until you use a RGC drone on scorpions at El Farid or the snakes at the snake graves.

What pistol setup allows you to attack 8-12 70/70-100/100 mobs all at the same time? None. And THATS why droning levels so fast.

So if you play a droner like you play a non-droner, yes, droners dont level any faster. But if you play a droner like a droner, then they can level MUCH faster. AOE drones, end of story.

I was a pistol spy/constructor at nat dex of 84 or so. Cause of the construction and repair, levelling was DRAGGING. I totally rerolled to a droner, and ended up with same constr/repair, but was levelling, at nat dex 84, 100x faster than with pistols. The RG1000 drone firing on snakes would rocket both my int and dex, even at that high a level, and even without uber RCL and WPW.

Oh believe me, I've been to the Graves, I've been to El Farid. What's the use of being able to attack all those snakes at the same time if you're not actually dealing a significant amount of damage? Besides the fact that El Farid is usually being cleaned by APU/PPU pairs and the Graves are fairly difficult to reach currently, at least for pro-city players. Not to mention the fact that it gets incredibly boring only being able to level off the same snakes day in day out.

Maloch Octavia
22-04-04, 23:46
Well, 'tis with much pity I bid farewell (Again) to all those I knew and loved on Pluto. I've frankly had enough, since the start of retail, it's time for something fresh.

Fresh it is, as the population is so different, more people, lots more.
Which is a nice feeling.

However, I'm not into the social side yet, so I can't comment on anything else, rest assured I will. :D

I've plumped for Drones / Resser, and I'm levelling ridiculously fast. I mean, fast. My Int is about two levels ahead of my Dex, and they level within a few minutes of each other at my current rate.

So just trying to figure where is best to take my Drones, El Farid seems to be the spot, any other suggestions?

phunqe
22-04-04, 23:54
Well, 'tis with much pity I bid farewell (Again) to all those I knew and loved on Pluto. I've frankly had enough, since the start of retail, it's time for something fresh.

Fresh it is, as the population is so different, more people, lots more.
Which is a nice feeling.

However, I'm not into the social side yet, so I can't comment on anything else, rest assured I will. :D

I've plumped for Drones / Resser, and I'm levelling ridiculously fast. I mean, fast. My Int is about two levels ahead of my Dex, and they level within a few minutes of each other at my current rate.

So just trying to figure where is best to take my Drones, El Farid seems to be the spot, any other suggestions?

:(

But don't forget where you came from, there is only one true home ;)
Carry on the legacy, carry on our pride.
Good luck.

Strych9
23-04-04, 03:58
Oh believe me, I've been to the Graves, I've been to El Farid. What's the use of being able to attack all those snakes at the same time if you're not actually dealing a significant amount of damage? Besides the fact that El Farid is usually being cleaned by APU/PPU pairs and the Graves are fairly difficult to reach currently, at least for pro-city players. Not to mention the fact that it gets incredibly boring only being able to level off the same snakes day in day out.Come on now, a lot of this is subjective. Killing doom reapers with a libby isnt any more exciting than killing snakes.

If you want levelling to be an end in itself, and arent worried about time spent or levelling speed, sure, drones are the worst out there to use for a spy.

If you see levelling as a means to an end, then I say for a spy, drones are the fastest way to reach that end.

jernau
23-04-04, 09:14
Drones are several times faster than pistols or rifles. I've capped several of each and I can assure you that there is absolutely no contest.