PDA

View Full Version : APU brain imp set-up question

zii
21-04-04, 19:34
This has been asked many times afore but since my keywords aren't working on the search engine I'll just post again.

My pure apu is capped.

Currently has:
Psi-Attack 2 P-Attack3 Psi.Exp.Controller 3 Psi-Core
Fi-H1
Smart-Cyber Eye something
normal bones except chest
adv.nerves.3

I now have a DS in my grubby mits. Which brain imp should I remove. I think the Exp.Controller since I can then use the normal chest, but I lose +15 PSU/PPW. Else I could loose the Psi-Attack 2 but loose the +apu it gives.

Or, drop Exp.Controller and Psi-attack2. Pop in DS and Move-on or PPResistor.

thoughts?

Phlith
21-04-04, 19:35
remove exp controller for ds, exp is bad implant... also remove advanced nerves 3 for a reflex booster 1 if you have 99 int without the nerves so you can wear all the heavy belts..

Strych9
21-04-04, 19:35
This has been asked many times afore but since my keywords aren't working on the search engine I'll just post again.

My pure apu is capped.

Currently has:
Psi-Attack 2 P-Attack3 Psi.Exp.Controller 3 Psi-Core
Fi-H1
Smart-Cyber Eye something
normal bones except chest
adv.nerves.3

I now have a DS in my grubby mits. Which brain imp should I remove. I think the Exp.Controller since I can then use the normal chest, but I lose +15 PSU/PPW. Else I could loose the Psi-Attack 2 but loose the +apu it gives.

Or, drop Exp.Controller and Psi-attack2. Pop in DS and Move-on or PPResistor.

thoughts?In my opinion, the exp psi has some harsh negatives. I would drop that first. The DS replaces its functionality pretty well without giving any negatives.

plague
21-04-04, 19:42
yea remove teh horrific exp3 worst imp ever gips you to hell just for some ppw, + you dont loose anything when you take it out ds gives 10 ppw and 5 apu so u can lom some of that apu to ppw.

slaughteruall
21-04-04, 20:01
yea remove teh horrific exp3 worst imp ever gips you to hell just for some ppw, + you dont loose anything when you take it out ds gives 10 ppw and 5 apu so u can lom some of that apu to ppw.

What he said plus you can LOM out the extra MST that the DS gives you for more PPW.

Slaughter

plague
21-04-04, 20:12
What he said plus you can LOM out the extra MST that the DS gives you for more PPW.

Slaughter

ah I knew I forgot somthing good point :D

slaughteruall
21-04-04, 20:18
@plague Np man it's what i'm here for.

/OT
Ah OC such fond memories. Nothing like it there (cant beleave i forgot the name of the bar down from my freinds APT. has 150 beers on tap. What a place).

slaughter

zii
21-04-04, 20:36
Great. thanks for your advice plp.

exp is going and prob adv nerves for relex.

zii
22-04-04, 16:47
Oddly enough I don't have a clue where to get a reflex booster 1 from. Cryton's only sells the Dex and Str Boosters, where are CityMercs' trader sells the Exp.Relex boosters.

Else, where does it drop from?

Cheer!

Glok
22-04-04, 16:51
It drops from hurlers, butchees, and cyclops launchers. You might have to kill quite a few before you get one, and if your rank is too high, you won't get good drops.

hinch
22-04-04, 16:52
launchers and mad copbots drop them i believe

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 17:47
ds, psi core, attack 3, attack 2

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 17:50
although with DS in, I'd PROBABLY drop attack 2, go for a moveon or resistor chip, cos with that MC5 in, you want to eke out EVERY LAST SECOND OF LIFE LEFT IN YOU!

plague
22-04-04, 19:49
heh don't do that, even tho you need evry second of life in mc5 you also need to do diesent dmg and with teh attack 2 out - 10 apu you wont cap hl or what ever rare you using.

Strych9
22-04-04, 19:51
although with DS in, I'd PROBABLY drop attack 2, go for a moveon or resistor chip, cos with that MC5 in, you want to eke out EVERY LAST SECOND OF LIFE LEFT IN YOU!This also depends on PPU support. If you have reliable PPU support as a pure APU, what does it matter if you have an extra few bits of protection on your own? :)

I have a DS in my APU, and I go with DS, PC, Attach 3, Attack 2. I can put in a moveon or ppr instead of attack 2, but in the end it matters little. Without a PPU I am toast, and with a PPU I can compete.

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 20:03
Without a PPU I am toast,

Not 1v1.

Strych9
22-04-04, 20:16
Not 1v1.I am talking general travels, and mobbing.

Very seldom in Neocron... at least in the places I go and the crowds I hang with... do you have an ideal 1v1 duel setup. In NF sure, but seldom out in the wastelands. :) I cant think of the last time I was in PvP that you would describe as "1v1".

But yes, you are right about 1v1.