PDA

View Full Version : Tech Haven Grav Lift

PenguinNick
21-04-04, 18:52
Is the grav lift in Tech Haven going to be fixed anytime soon? It is quite annoying...

athon
21-04-04, 18:53
No. 8|

Athon Solo

LaZyBoY
21-04-04, 18:59
Why fix it when you can just close it off...

IceHawk2684
21-04-04, 19:00
why fix it when all the players are leaving? LOL!

athon
21-04-04, 19:01
KK are trying to find away to get the last entrance blocked to force FA to move out =o

Athon Solo

svenw
21-04-04, 19:06
CA will collaps all exits and flood this cave with war gas to get rid of all the FA scum, muhahahaha. :D

plague
21-04-04, 19:37
it will be ok with teh next dreded patch if it's coming out before doy lol, so will mc5 hopefully :D

icarium
21-04-04, 20:58
lol this bug is STILL in there?

cough patch cough

aelfkins
21-04-04, 22:24
[ edited ]

Clownst0pper
21-04-04, 23:43
While were at it, lets have a GR at the desert race track :p

Tratos
22-04-04, 00:24
The GR at the desert race track will be placed in the next (bigger) patch

I wonder when this "Next (Bigger) Patch" will be......hmm...

~Tratos

jernau
22-04-04, 01:59
KK are trying to find away to get the last entrance blocked to force FA to move out =o

Athon SoloWell if repainting the walls with shit didn't drive us out nothing will.

/edit

@tratos : Didn't they say that before the last big patch? And why bother distinguishing "big" patches - 100% contrary to their stated policy they only do big patches.

@svenw : FA and CA are neutral. KK haven't yet carried out their nut-job plan to wreck FA and CM.

yavimaya
22-04-04, 03:38
Well if repainting the walls with shit didn't drive us out nothing will.

/edit

@tratos : Didn't they say that before the last big patch? And why bother distinguishing "big" patches - 100% contrary to their stated policy they only do big patches.

LOL most patches are a few hundred KB if that, there are a few that are a couple MB. HAHAHA sooo big.

jernau
22-04-04, 04:52
LOL most patches are a few hundred KB if that, there are a few that are a couple MB. HAHAHA sooo big.:wtf: :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with file-size.

Big patches = more bugs, harder bugs to trace, longer delays for critical fixes, etc., etc. Hence KK's promise not to do it any more. A promise that lasted approximately zero patches.

Krush
22-04-04, 05:15
It is annoying that is doesn't work.
Maybe a silly sign should block it off saying Tech Haven Lift under repair.
Make it fit into the story or something.

Maybe a time frame to when it would be fixed would be good

Drexel
22-04-04, 05:22
I dont care how big it is, just give me the FUCKEN PATCH NOW !!!!

phew,

better.

I hate this, tease us with a game changing test patch thats gonna be great, & then dont release it, great. Patch now. Give us something to do until Sept 1.

Darkborg
22-04-04, 13:13
agreed 100%

numb
22-04-04, 15:36
Yeah I think this should be fix asap too, you can just imagine what it's like for new players, struggling through the wastes to find that big dot 'Tech Haven', climbing up the tower - filled with excitement, looking down the lift shaft thinking 'oh you must have to jump down there' and then looking at their genrep selection screen with probably the only open genrep being back in the city. It's things like this that makes playing neocron so exciting ;)

Superbron
22-04-04, 16:33
Yes, fix it please KK. This really takes way to long. Can't be that hard to fix this I think :confused:

s0apy
22-04-04, 16:45
couple things. lupus has posted that the weapon changes will almost certainly not make it to retail before DoY. at most, the MC changes might be added before DoY.

and i recall it mentioned that the TH exit lift was deliberately broken due to some zoning bug or other with nearby appy entrances. since the bug with the appy entrances is now "fixed" by breaking the lift, expect no further action to be taken.

and yes, it IS all crap.

metalangel
22-04-04, 17:23
They could at least make the emergency exit (the long shaft with ladders in TH1) usable, given it's been impossible to open the doors for as long as I can remember.

jernau
22-04-04, 18:26
Yeah I think this should be fix asap too, you can just imagine what it's like for new players, struggling through the wastes to find that big dot 'Tech Haven', climbing up the tower - filled with excitement, looking down the lift shaft thinking 'oh you must have to jump down there' and then looking at their genrep selection screen with probably the only open genrep being back in the city. It's things like this that makes playing neocron so exciting ;)
You won't die falling down there. There is no falling damage in NC.

/edit - the bug is that gravlifts have always had that players appear to stay in them after they have left. The apts was a clipping error like the one in P2 that's still being ignored.

Darkborg
22-04-04, 18:29
wrong Jernau.
You cant die from one fall but two consecqutive hits ( ie those shelves on the way down) will kill ya.
And yes i did try it :p ( and had my belt on one of them.)

jernau
22-04-04, 18:38
wrong Jernau.
You cant die from one fall but two consecqutive hits ( ie those shelves on the way down) will kill ya.
And yes i did try it :p ( and had my belt on one of them.)Well I heard that too and went to test it. It made no difference to me. I even rolled a noob spy and tried it 4 or 5 times with him - no deaths.:confused:

Lanigav
22-04-04, 20:49
I remember hearing back when they first changed the TH defenses from crap to uber, that they purposefully closed off the grav lifts, and never stated why other than saying there was an exploit of some sort. I don't think they closed them off because of a bug.

jernau
22-04-04, 20:51
Most exploits involve bugs in one form or another.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 00:15
damn it killed me once :confused:
Maybe i should try to replicate it. Though it would kind off be difficult with the lift CLOSED *grumbles at kk*

BombShell
23-04-04, 00:31
am vary surprized this hasnt been said. does anyone remember the entrance by the grs that said close. wasnt that suppose to be the 3rd entrance to TH y is that not opened so we can go bak and forth its basically in the same zone as the lifts. unless its another bug that never came around to being fixed.

StryfeX
23-04-04, 00:45
am vary surprized this hasnt been said. does anyone remember the entrance by the grs that said close. wasnt that suppose to be the 3rd entrance to TH y is that not opened so we can go bak and forth its basically in the same zone as the lifts. unless its another bug that never came around to being fixed.
They could at least make the emergency exit (the long shaft with ladders in TH1) usable, given it's been impossible to open the doors for as long as I can remember.;)

I wonder about that, too...like Metal, they haven't been usable since I can remember.

--Stryfe

n3m
23-04-04, 12:02
Wasnt there a pdf file a while ago, talking about the defences of TH, and why they've put forcefield barriers in front of the lifts?

metalangel
23-04-04, 14:59
Not much of a defense if people can get in by jumping down but others can't get back out.

Darkborg
23-04-04, 15:18
SHHHHH dont tell CA they might notice :p