PDA

View Full Version : Rare Catalogging Cab

IceHawk2684
21-04-04, 17:33
Buyable rare appy cab.

simple.

you can buy an option ot have this cab installed into your appy or buy an appy called a Rare Lab. In this appy or cab u stick all ur rares and it auto catalogs them as u put them in the appy or cab.

This later creates a button on ur profile that everyone can access to see what rares you have in the game. This should allow easy cat. of rare parts and see what ur missing. Also the appy or cab has unlimited rare holding space. Heck restrict it from holding anything but rare parts even.

Would be nice for trading if u just type the person's name on a city com and access and see what rare parts they have for trade. Would also make my life easier considering i have a clan appy stuffed with rares. kthnx bai.

XSuneX
21-04-04, 17:41
What do you need to catolog them for anyways?

And I still have not directly used a rare for what it is saposed to be used for. and I'm level 45 yes a complete wimp still huh?

]v[ortice
21-04-04, 17:50
What made you think of the "Rare Lab" name? Sounds a bit confuzzled...

Anywayz... a simple database query would do it, but why would you want people to see what rares you have?

I agree it should be implemented... but only for your own personal use. I personally don't want 30 people on DM shouting "you have that CS bit I need... gimme gimme gimme" all the time.

In the interim you could always buy a plaza 3 appy, split ur rares into classes accross the cabinets and then use the online Rare tracker thingy... u can show people them on there if you like as it has a read only password bit on it.

IceHawk2684
21-04-04, 18:06
the only thing i hate about online rare trackers is that u need to alt tab like a freak and since i have so many rares i would need to alt tab for the next week or so non stop to catalog just what i have now, much less what i will have in a few days.

as for people browsing you, theres no problem with telling someone no. And if they don't listen then make them give u like 8 rare parts for that part. Eventually they will shut up. Or you could add a privacy setting. sorta like entering a veh, and to prevent u from getting the msg. while ur hunting u can bind it to alt + k so it doesn't show up either.

the idea is to stop the alt tabbing from the game for rare parts as well as keepmthe hassle of updating it.

IceHawk2684
21-04-04, 18:46
it would be nice to get some dev, or forum GM thoughts on this... besides "clossed." which is apparently all they say now a days 24/7 instead of feedback on what their really doing... im even still waitting for Doy feeature 7 or the patch. but what they think of this idea should in interesting

Whitestuff
21-04-04, 21:05
Good idea, but bad idea too.

Good idea:
A rare appy that stores and autocatalogs the parts. Has seperate vendors that hold your parts in an organized manner. One holds drone parts and drone imp parts, another heavy weapons, pistols, implants, rifles, etc etc etc...

Bad idea:
I don't want people to know what I have. I don't need to be forced to mute my direct channel b/c some nib DMs me every five seconds saying "HEY M8 L3t M3h get that part 0ff j00 PLS ! ! ! 111oneoneoneoenoen".

Also, this apartment or "rare lab" needs to be over 1.5 mill to purchase. No need to make it cheap for anyone. It should be a perk to be able to employ all those vendors, therefore, it should be really expensive. Like maybe even up to 3 million creds.

Strych9
21-04-04, 21:12
it would be nice to get some dev, or forum GM thoughts on this... besides "clossed." which is apparently all they say now a days 24/7 instead of feedback on what their really doing... im even still waitting for Doy feeature 7 or the patch. but what they think of this idea should in interestingWow, first you expect a dev to give you input on your idea, even though they have stated explicitly that they dont do that. MAYBE if your idea got 5 stars and have 200 people voting for it... THEN maybe you can hope for some comment... but most people dont even LIKE this right now (your biased poll aside).

Second, you insult the very people you hope to get a comment on?

Third, forum admins dont have any input on what the devs are working on. You would need a dev, and devs dont troll the forums looking at every poll slapped up.

AT LEAST put this in brainport if you want it to have ANY chance of being seen.