PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] War Droms!

Archeus
21-04-04, 10:51
How about for DOY we can get Drom mounts. Like crafts except that they walk and swim.

Now to get them you need a weapon that tags the drom in question, after that nanites take over and allow you to contol the drom. The system also directly links to your health.

Two kinds of nanites.

1. Transport Drom - Standard transport. Allows you to carry a larger load and fire your weapon. You can move at reasonable speed.

2. War Drom - Nanites build in fixed weapons systems into the drom so side guns appear on the drom. Passenger can't use a weapon, but the drom gives health/stamina/resist bonus. Droms weapons requires T-C or H-C to fire them.

Once the person leaves the drom the drom is like a normal drom and can die.

J. Folsom
21-04-04, 10:53
I'd personally think Marsh Hippos would be more suitable, they're sturdier then Droms are, and thus more suitable to carry a heavy burden.

Archeus
21-04-04, 10:54
Maybe have some variations then. Allow speed bonuses for mounts in certain zones.

Oath
21-04-04, 11:11
How about for DOY we can get Drom mounts. Like crafts except that they walk and swim.

Now to get them you need a weapon that tags the drom in question, after that nanites take over and allow you to contol the drom. The system also directly links to your health.

Two kinds of nanites.

1. Transport Drom - Standard transport. Allows you to carry a larger load and fire your weapon. You can move at reasonable speed.

2. War Drom - Nanites build in fixed weapons systems into the drom so side guns appear on the drom. Passenger can't use a weapon, but the drom gives health/stamina/resist bonus. Droms weapons requires T-C or H-C to fire them.

Once the person leaves the drom the drom is like a normal drom and can die.

ROFULAR...

Anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After pissing my pants at the thought of a deadly drom...(lexxuk would be fooked :p)

Its a cool idea, though to be honest its not really in place with the hitech world of cron.

I havent voted yet coz i want you to explain a little more, coz i do like the idea.

Garg [RogueNET]
21-04-04, 11:22
*thinks how its like to sex a drom with cannons mounted on the sides of it*

Oath
21-04-04, 11:26
']*thinks how its like to sex a drom with cannons mounted on the sides of it*

[WARNING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL]

Its more to grab onto and really lay into it eh?? *nudge nudge*

[/WARNING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL]

Garg [RogueNET]
21-04-04, 12:02
a little bit off topic BUT still droms =D

a GM shuld spawn a Drom in P1 just to see the reactions and the flooding of "sex"

LOL

Parappa
21-04-04, 12:06
I love the smell of burnt dromflesh in the morning.

naimex
21-04-04, 12:16
']a little bit off topic BUT still droms =D

a GM shuld spawn a Drom in P1 just to see the reactions and the flooding of "sex"

LOL

it was done ages ago..

someone either spawned a drom, or took on drom skin...

anyways, there was a drom in p1....

]v[ortice
21-04-04, 12:33
I agree...

Seems like a well thought out idea to me. I think maybe it shouldn't be droms... maybe something bigger.

Would be nice for it to be based on rifle combat... like back in the old west. Maybe even just provide greater mobility for when we use our existing weapons?

Makes sense to have a mobile unit that is light in attack and high in maneuverability :)

cRazy2003
21-04-04, 13:48
Omfg
Droms
Wardr0ms
Omg
Yes
F00king Uber

phunqe
21-04-04, 13:50
Hehe... pretty cool idea... However, I sense a Starwarish theme over it :)

And Crazy... 3 hours to reply to this drom thread? I am appaled :eek: :D

Clownst0pper
21-04-04, 14:03
Awful idea.

Garg [RogueNET]
21-04-04, 14:29
why not equip PPUs with an "empathy" spell?

Like rangers in many RPGs

Archeus
21-04-04, 14:39
Awful idea.

Not really. Think about it. You have 3-4 types of animals in the game that can support the nanite injection. So you basically have a desposible transport craft.

Have it that a certain class (say tanks as they get screwed by VHC) can use it only to cut down on models required to be made.

I sense a Starwarish theme over it

UO had mounts long before SW. so did AC2.

cRazy2003
21-04-04, 15:27
And Crazy... 3 hours to reply to this drom thread? I am appaled :eek: :D

i know :(
must make sure i dont sleep anymore