PDA

View Full Version : Share your Red vs. Blue scenarios...

RayBob
21-04-04, 01:05
BDoY will change the PvP emphasis into empire vs. empire. Good. But how many times can people fight over the same OPs? It gets very repetitive.

It is not the fighting itself that gets boring but the scenario. KK needs to create more dynamic empire vs. empire combat scenarios for us.

For example…..

A new deposit of a rare mineral is discovered in the wastelands. Several small OPs are temporarily erected to gather the minerals. The deposits will be exhausted in 6 weeks so a sense of urgency exists. The 2 empires fight vigorously to control as many of these 6-8 mines spread over 2-3 zones. Any player in your empire can place a turret at these spots. The mines collect the minerals in lock boxes that need to be emptied on a daily basis. The minerals need to be delivered to your city and they could be used to produce some new ammo, drug, etc.

The PvP in Neocron is the best in the entire MMO industry, but there have to be more exciting reasons to fight. Fighting over the same OPs a hundred times is boring.

Let’s hear your ideas!

Morganth
21-04-04, 02:19
BDoY will change the PvP emphasis into empire vs. empire. Good. But how many times can people fight over the same OPs? It gets very repetitive.

It is not the fighting itself that gets boring but the scenario. KK needs to create more dynamic empire vs. empire combat scenarios for us.

For example…..

A new deposit of a rare mineral is discovered in the wastelands. Several small OPs are temporarily erected to gather the minerals. The deposits will be exhausted in 6 weeks so a sense of urgency exists. The 2 empires fight vigorously to control as many of these 6-8 mines spread over 2-3 zones. Any player in your empire can place a turret at these spots. The mines collect the minerals in lock boxes that need to be emptied on a daily basis. The minerals need to be delivered to your city and they could be used to produce some new ammo, drug, etc.

The PvP in Neocron is the best in the entire MMO industry, but there have to be more exciting reasons to fight. Fighting over the same OPs a hundred times is boring.

Let’s hear your ideas!

I like this idea. If taking an OP had a greater benefit than X amount of cash, a bonus to a certain stat anf the fact you get a nice big stain on the map, then I think more people would be interested in taking them.

RayBob
21-04-04, 04:31
I like this idea. If taking an OP had a greater benefit than X amount of cash, a bonus to a certain stat and the fact you get a nice big stain on the map, then I think more people would be interested in taking them.It's not just that. Even the people that enjoy taking them now get bored. Fighting over and over for the same OPs gets boring. KK needs to come up with some interesting and dynamic scenarios that encourage PvP beyond OP fights.

joran420
21-04-04, 04:57
i think its falling on deaf ears but rated 5 anyway

Birkoff
21-04-04, 04:58
Its true but again its been said b4, i wish there was more to be done.

Find ourself strugglign to have fun in DarK on pluto atm... we caved last night even though half of us are capped just to relieve boredom. Got pwnd by turrets after but thats a nother boring story in the life of a neocron citizen.. or sommin like that.

I wish there was more to do but i don't think ther will be till there is a bigger player base... then there will never be a bigger player base as there will never be anything to do :P

*sigh* only 5 months will the next DOY set back....

@EDIT lol Joran you got bored of playing and came on the forums instead as well?

Andronicus
21-04-04, 04:58
Agreed - anything to make taking ops mean something more important will help. And the more roleplay added to the scenario the better.

joran420
21-04-04, 06:05
actually the GR setting is a pretty good bonus... but still agree

Cytaur
21-04-04, 07:05
vehicles must be made more viable... and some more deployables / stationary defences or siege machines...

RayBob
21-04-04, 09:07
If BDoY comes out and all we do is fight for the same OPs we have now, it is going to get boring very fast.

Besides OP fights, what else can KK do to create a need for team vs. team PvP action? Put on your RP hats and let's hear some sample scenarios!

tkNukem
21-04-04, 12:54
tis a shame that KK will most likely turn away/ignore such creative posts. i can remember in planetside beta when someone introduced the idea of making a gridlike system. it's this gridlike system was implemented into the game only weeks after its introduction. i wish KK could work on this, but i figured it would probably take time away from DoY...which would then set it back again ;/

great idea with the mines! it would give GMs more involvement in our [the players'] fun factor! it's a shame i don't have any ideas; however, i hope you guys leave an impression on KK's minds. maybe this will be something they can do in DoY...even tho we need it nowo cause of the lame populations.
oooo just thought of something. maybe if the "mineral box" is hackable, then spies will be useful! D: there are prolly other ways to involve tradeskills and other skills to make it worth while.

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 13:53

while i agree... i think i should point out that the system as is is just as repetative, it wont be any less repetative... still 2 sides fighting for the same ops (with maybe TH / TG being OP's too)

so infact there may be a slight improvement :)

:edit:

i would love for TG / TH to still be the only places for their respective items (IE fusion mods / laserblades) and for the controlling clan to set the price (50% to 150% of normal) and take a percentage of the money earned by shop keepers there

Lafiel
21-04-04, 14:10
5 stars great idea to original poster

winnoc
21-04-04, 14:24
I would like to see things like the event mobspawns, but this time it's empire vs empire.
Like a 30 runner assault on the neocron main entrance, and them trying to get in while citytroops try to fend them off.

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 14:26
I would like to see things like the event mobspawns, but this time it's empire vs empire.
Like a 30 runner assault on the neocron main entrance, and them trying to get in while citytroops try to fend them off.

I'd rather the pro city runners defended NC Gates against the anti-city runners... who needs mobs? :p

winnoc
21-04-04, 14:28
That's what i meant :-)

Sorry if i formulated it wrong.

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 14:29
That's what i meant :-)

Sorry if i formulated it wrong.

ah...

well...

carry on then :)

werent there like 2 dynamic run thingies, made of teams of random people from a list? shame that stopped :(

ezza
21-04-04, 15:35
more stuff like the point red event(TG took over point red and had captured some copbot orsomething iirc)would be good, although in the case of that event cos there was a load of TG perma spawn guards there it kinda ruined it, but the event itself was the kind of thing that we could use more of.

its was TG v CA, but TG also had CS and FA, while CA had TT,BT,BD all fighting and it proved to be a good event, with the problem of CA not beeing able to take it back no matter what though was kinda lame.

but the idea was there

winnoc
21-04-04, 15:45
Ah, i'm still drooling in anticipation of the day i can get some friends to band up in a 15 vehicle wasteland assault on all things FA and TG we see :-)

I'm curious what most would do if they saw some rhinos, revelers and apc's thundering in their direction :-)

I think vehicles should have more armor, it owuld make them used more in op fights, because now you have to bring many vehicles, otherwise you end up with a blown up rhino and dead passengers if you realy get into the heat of the fight.

Also you should be able to armor coat your vehicle (modable) with anti radiation, anti fire, anti energy armor etc....

And ..... I WANT AN ESPRESSOMACHINE IN MY RHINO !!!!!!

jernau
21-04-04, 16:20
The whole RvB/empires thing is just another few dozen nails in the coffin of Neocron.

The fact that KK make idiotic changes like this without either a) any discussion with the community or b) looking at how it has affected other games makes me think they actually want this game to die. Maybe Martin needs a tax write-off against a real business venture.

RayBob
21-04-04, 17:44
The whole RvB/empires thing is just another few dozen nails in the coffin of Neocron.I couldn't disagree more. Even when server populations were high, only those runners who joined the biggest 4-5 clans on each server were able to participate in OP fights. OP fights are one of the best parts of the game for me and many other people.

Anyone who has been involved running a 100+ member clan knows that it can turn into a full-time job. My hope is that the empire vs. empire system is properly implemented with empire chat, empire-wide UG GR privileges, and so on. Any member of your empire can show up to OP fights without being asked to leave or bullshit you brought allies accusations. This will also make it possible for a lot of smaller 6-20 member clans (of real friends) to participate in OP fights.

But anyway, that is another topic.

Here is another RP example...

Regant's Legacy has large groups of those pretty powerful mutants (I think they are 60/60). For a period of 6 weeks, a new mini-boss will spawn among them. He is 90/90 and there are multiple spawns all over those zones. This mini-boss drops a complete illegal slot enhancer with each kill!

A temporary GR is created in the zone to facilitate the harvesting of the loot. The GR has a hack terminal and only one empire can control it at a time. Turrets can be placed to help defend the GR. For 6 weeks the 2 empires fight for control of the GR and easy access to the loot.

And yet another example....

A convoy of vehicles is spotted moving from TG canyon to the DoY gates. The vehicles are large and move slowly. There are always 1-2 of them in each zone between TG canyon and DoY. This is also a temporary 6 week event. The pro-city forces have to destroy as many of them as possible while the DoY empire tries to protect them.

At first, weapons do little damage to the vehicles but within a few days after the event begins, pro-city forces release a new ammo mod. People will actually have to mod their rare weapons with this new mod in order to do any damage to the vehicles! Even with these new ammo mods, the vehicles have the hit points of 20 Rhinos.

At the end of the 6 weeks, a certain percentage of the vehicles need to have arrived successfully at DoY. If they did, then every single anti-city runner receives a reward. If they didn't then the reward goes to the pro-city forces. The reward itself could be a Stock-X account created for each runner with 2 million credits, an NPC that gives each runner 10 random unidentified tech parts each day for a week after the event, or some other reward.

Carinth
21-04-04, 17:57
There was a long standing rumour that holding ops boosted your faction's StockX shares. Many swore this was the case, but I never found any evidence to support it. Tsunami stock did awful wether we owned half the map or no ops at all : ) The idea though is interesting, it'd be an easy change KK could do to both encourage op wars and actualy make StockX worthwhile as more then just a way to cheat the money cap. To go along with the red vs blue scenario, you can group the shares in StockX according to which empire they belong too. When you hold ops your faction gets the highest bonus, but also every other faction within your empire gets a small bonus.

Another idea is to have holding an op for a certain length of time start spawning faction guards in the zone. Or if not faction guards, a special doy or nc guard dependin on your allegiance. The world will be altered based on who is winning the war.

]v[ortice
21-04-04, 17:59
A lot of emphasis is made on us 'making our own fun' in this game... but I agree that we need more creativity fed into the game for us to work with.

A modern poet who has, sadly, since passed away once wrote...

"Here we are now, entertain us"

I think he got it right.

jernau
21-04-04, 18:19
@Raybob - I never had any trouble joining op-fights on characters in small clans or even unclanned ones.

The problem with RvB is not really to do with clans anyway. It's the removal of content and the further dumbing down of the story/RP elements of the game. The combat system in NC is already the best in any MMORPG, it's all the other things that need fixing in order to get people back and bring in new runners.

People are leaving out of boredom and removing content and features from the game will only make that worse.

The RP scenarios you list would be just as viable under the current system.

@Vortice - poet :lol: (sorry dude but that made me laff). You are right though, KK do seem to expect us to be the horse before their cart.