PDA

View Full Version : Remove rare drones from the tech pool....

RayBob
20-04-04, 18:51
Rare drones should be removed from the overcrowded tech pool and either be sold in stores or given out as a quest reward.

plague
20-04-04, 18:54
yep having them in there is pointless, noone will ever use drones build from parts.

Benjie
20-04-04, 18:56
Remove the Damned Paw of Tiger too. I hate getting tecks to that weapon. They sell for like, what? 30k? Hardly worth the time it takes to get them I think.

Replace items like that with Dropped Whole items.

Good thread. Old issue that needed bringing up again. 5 celebrity stars.

enigma_b17
20-04-04, 19:02
as much as i may want the tech pool cleaned up, no, even droners should have to hunt for tech parts to get a rare weapon, its just too easy to go buy it in a shop

CrazyMan
20-04-04, 19:05
Fully Agree, KK plz remove the drones from the pool...it's pointless to hav them there....

Lexxuk
20-04-04, 19:07
aye, coz if you start making one rare shop bought, or drop whole, then other types should drop, and considering the pain easer is the lowest tech rifle, that would be fun. so no, just remove certain items which are shit, as rares, but leave the rest in the tech pool.

Strych9
20-04-04, 19:10
Remove the Damned Paw of Tiger too. I hate getting tecks to that weapon. They sell for like, what? 30k? Hardly worth the time it takes to get them I think.

Replace items like that with Dropped Whole items.

Good thread. Old issue that needed bringing up again. 5 celebrity stars.PoT is very useful.

1. It cant be BPd like a rare drone can.
2. Its vital for ANY non-tech melee tank.
3. Its vital for ANY melee PE.
4. Its gonna be a new TL after whenever the next patch hits with the TL changes.

If you are overburdened with PoT parts, DM me (if on Saturn) and I will be glad to take em off your hands. ;)

extract
20-04-04, 19:14
as much as i may want the tech pool cleaned up, no, even droners should have to hunt for tech parts to get a rare weapon, its just too easy to go buy it in a shop

as opposed to say buying the BP off someone for 5k? its not like the rare drones are a hard item to come by are they......

Strych9
20-04-04, 19:16
as opposed to say buying the BP off someone for 5k? its not like the rare drones are a hard item to come by are they......Exactly.

As long as they can be BPd... and so easily destroyed/lost... I dont see the need to have so many of their parts in the rare pool.

enigma_b17
20-04-04, 19:17
thats not the point though, its still unfair that every1 else should have to go out and hunt for theirs

Brammers
20-04-04, 19:18
Personnal I did like the race last time between pro and anti city factions to assemble the first Raptor and Mosquitto. Was amusing to hear a PPU scream "WTF was that?" It tool Pluto about 3-4 days after the patch with the co-operation of 6+ droners from 3 factions.

As we know once one is assembled, blueprints appear very quickly, and so the value of the parts drop very quickly.

There has to be a better way of obtaining rare drones, but I dont think removing them from the pool is the right way.

extract
20-04-04, 19:19
thats not the point though, its still unfair that every1 else should have to go out and hunt for theirs

to retort this comment, when your rare spell, rifle, pistol, cannon, can be destroyed by another runner by shooting, and or your rares can get at best 85% stats and no chance of slots EVER, then I will agree with that comment......

enigma_b17
20-04-04, 19:21
personally i think they should not be bpable and should drop whole, this though may be a bit unfair to droners as alot of drones do get destroyed, but maybe if the drop rate on them was raised by quite a bit :)

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 19:21
Techpartted drones should be moved into runs that has some special RP npcs that gives the proper ambience for droners.

I'm currently working on a proposal about the runs.

Leave techpartted melee alone, they're quite nice on their own.

and 30k ISNT shabby for a loot off warbot, level 3 imps are equivalent to that price. I'd be HAPPY if every wb I killed gave me at least 30k, you know?

Not every mob that drops techparts has to make it a 500k bonzana.

BombShell
20-04-04, 19:37
if anything i think droners should do a quest to get a bp on the drone thay want. a nice 3 day long quest of maybe like 2-3 hours a day so a 6-9 hours a quest :). and maybe telling the orgin of the drones :) just a idea :)

and if u guys want a short quest then its fine with me just thought it could be time consuming :). o and u hav to be a droner to recieve the bp's :)

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 19:38
nope, dont HAVE to be a droner to get the BPs. That'd be a tad unfair...

but then, I can see why it should be limited to droners.

In fact.. I'm thinking of a easy way to do this... hmm, hmm, yes...

BombShell
20-04-04, 19:40
nope, dont HAVE to be a droner to get the BPs. That'd be a tad unfair...

but then, I can see why it should be limited to droners.

In fact.. I'm thinking of a easy way to do this... hmm, hmm, yes...

care to share :) but y wouldnt it just be exclusive to droners i dont see p-c r-c m-c or h-c droning :) unless ur to lazy to do some drone missions. :) and use a high lvl char to round it up for u.

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 19:45
reason would be to give tradeskillers access to the drones to sell to droners that don't have the time, etc, etc.

but anyway, fine, make the run droner exclusive to get a set of drone techparts. One run for each type of techpartted drone. I got perfect idea how to set this up.

BombShell
20-04-04, 19:51
reason would be to give tradeskillers access to the drones to sell to droners that don't have the time, etc, etc.

but anyway, fine, make the run droner exclusive to get a set of drone techparts. One run for each type of techpartted drone. I got perfect idea how to set this up.

i can live with that :) i wish most of the rares were like this like u need to kill bat queen for the gun that was lost in crystal caves. but u will recieve a random part. and for maybe like DB u hav to run npc to npc doin request for them to gain info on the location u can find a DB in parts if u like :)

if rares were missions to gain then u can spend alot of time trying to get the rare but u need to make them long missions .

Marx
20-04-04, 20:07
remove drones altogether.

:p

Nothing is more irratating than having some droner walk up, open trade without even saying a thing to me and tossing 100 datacubes and a punisher.

"I'll give you 100k for this job".

Then they have the nerve to give me trouble when I say "no, nein, nyet, non"

ARRRRG.

BombShell
20-04-04, 20:09

Nothing is more irratating than having some droner walk up, open trade without even saying a thing to me and tossing 100 datacubes and a punisher.

ARRRRG.

haha i dont constr drones even thou i hav a constr i give it to some poor slob and run off for a while pking or wb hunting then comebak at 10 drones left :)

mystery8
20-04-04, 20:22
personally i think they should not be bpable and should drop whole, this though may be a bit unfair to droners as alot of drones do get destroyed, but maybe if the drop rate on them was raised by quite a bit :)

That's easy for you to say :P
If you get a major lag burst or synch out, you don't lose YOUR weapon, do you? :)

Even with an increased droprate, I still think rare drones might not be worth the time without being BPable.

5k for rare drone BPs? I need to shop where you do... :D

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 20:30
who the fuck only pays 100k for 100 bps?!?

those are grade-F morons.

so stupid even idiots avoid them.

Anyways, I think I know how to set things up so you HAVE to be able to drone to finish a mission, gonna be real sweet. Might make it fairly tough so someone can't pop in a drone eye and launch a basic lightweight attack drone :rolleyes:

extract
20-04-04, 20:33
5k for rare drone BPs? I need to shop where you do... :D

heh, well Ive currently got them all on saturn, and usually if I see someone ask and Ive currently got extra, I usually give them away for free...I see no point in making other peoples lives miserable when I came upon them for next to nothing myself...

its just like those combat vehicles the ones where people were charging like 100k per BP in plaza, I used to log my resser, and sell em for 1k just to piss the bastard off trying to gouge people for em.....

Strych9
20-04-04, 20:43

Then they have the nerve to give me trouble when I say "no, nein, nyet, non"

ARRRRG.First of all, that is an ignorant droner, thats not a function of droning itself. ;)

Second, if you are a pure tradeskiller- 100 punishers = whole lot of experience for you (if you are a Spy).

I know my TL 238 constructor would gladly buy lube and build punishers all day long. A batch of 1000 just might get me up to 239. LOL

:)

:(

Clownst0pper
20-04-04, 20:46
Make the rare drones whole drops, at rare constructed condition.

And have them BPable, once u have BPed one, make the BP tl 30, like it should be.

Cloning BP's which are TL 30, take as long as tl 120 items, WHY IS THIS KK?????????? :mad:

Disturbed021
20-04-04, 20:51
I forget whose Idea it was I saw awhile back (SD maybe?) but instead of having the techparts create one Drone, which then gets bpd and sold out to anyone who wants it, have the full set make like 20-30 drones. So say you get all the techs of the PN then you make it and you get a stack of 20-30 drones, they would not be bpable. And once all of those are destroyed you'll have to get more tech parts....would be a good way of making those techs worth something.

Biznatchy
20-04-04, 20:54
First thing is that rare drones made from BP's are not as good as drones made from the rare parts. There should be a better way to handle the drone dropping going back to the droner. I know its a bit of movie magic but have the drone just fall back to the user and take out the BPing.

Benjie
20-04-04, 20:57
PoT is very useful.

1. It cant be BPd like a rare drone can.
2. Its vital for ANY non-tech melee tank.
3. Its vital for ANY melee PE.
4. Its gonna be a new TL after whenever the next patch hits with the TL changes.

If you are overburdened with PoT parts, DM me (if on Saturn) and I will be glad to take em off your hands. ;)
I fully agree with you on these points.

The paw of tiger is very usefull.
The tecks to it are so worthless, that I may aswell give them away. (as you stated at the end)

Remove it from the rares pool.
Make it drop whole.

Strych9
20-04-04, 21:19
I fully agree with you on these points.

The paw of tiger is very usefull.
The tecks to it are so worthless, that I may aswell give them away. (as you stated at the end)

Remove it from the rares pool.
Make it drop whole.Now now, I never said they were worthless... nor did I even say that I expected you to give them to me without payment. ;)

So tell me- what criteria should we use for determining which items should drop whole? If I name a rare, what would you look at to decide if it is "worth enough" to stay as a part drop rather than a whole drop?

extract
20-04-04, 21:22
if any rare needs to be removed its the damn 0.9 & 1.5 slot enhancers

BombShell
20-04-04, 21:31
if any rare needs to be removed its the damn 0.9 & 1.5 slot enhancers

hav u seen the pricesof those in testserver i think thats a fair price to hav at crytons or some blackmarket crap. :)

RayBob
20-04-04, 22:58
I forget whose Idea it was I saw awhile back (SD maybe?) but instead of having the techparts create one Drone, which then gets bpd and sold out to anyone who wants it, have the full set make like 20-30 drones. So say you get all the techs of the PN then you make it and you get a stack of 20-30 drones, they would not be bpable. And once all of those are destroyed you'll have to get more tech parts....would be a good way of making those techs worth something.Yea, I remember reading this idea also. It would A) make drone techs somewhat valuable B) let droners use higher quality drones and C) eliminate the hassle of finding tradeskillers willing to BP and build your TL120 toys.

jiga
20-04-04, 23:03
Yea, I remember reading this idea also. It would A) make drone techs somewhat valuable B) let droners use higher quality drones and C) eliminate the hassle of finding tradeskillers willing to BP and build your TL120 toys.
They are still littering our rare pool :rolleyes:

Strych9
20-04-04, 23:05
They are still littering our rare pool :rolleyes:But if they would be actually valuable to droners, then you could actually trade them to people and they would be worth something.

If they are valued, they are not pollution.

retr0n
20-04-04, 23:20

Its not like anybody actually hunts for a drone anyway?

"WTB Particle Nemesis BPs // DM Please"

ring a bell?

trigger hurt
21-04-04, 01:28
uhm...droners can already buy bp's of all the drones they need. so where do they "have to hunt"?

brackk
21-04-04, 02:54
Let me see if i can put this in perspective for you. Imagine for a moment that droner rules apply to you. When you equip your dev /holy firestorm /slasher or for that matter any rare you have it looses 5% condition. While the rare is active in your quick belt any fatal or network glitch gives you a 50% chance that the rare will poof and be gone. When you need to heal and switch quickbelt slots the next time you select your rare weapon it again looses 5% durability even if you never fired a shot the first time. KK in their wisdom knew you wouldn't be happy about this so your rare is BPable WITH the following exceptions.

NORMAL cst caps apply so if the rare is a TL 120 item you will get no more than 79% damage /range /freq /handl (TL85 is around 85-90 i forget)

When made from BP your weapon cannot EVER get slots

All tests for your class ballance are run by KK or testers with the rare weapon under controled conditions at the full 120 all stats.

Welcome to my world.

Clownst0pper
21-04-04, 03:24
Let me see if i can put this in perspective for you. Imagine for a moment that droner rules apply to you. When you equip your dev /holy firestorm /slasher or for that matter any rare you have it looses 5% condition. While the rare is active in your quick belt any fatal or network glitch gives you a 50% chance that the rare will poof and be gone. When you need to heal and switch quickbelt slots the next time you select your rare weapon it again looses 5% durability even if you never fired a shot the first time. KK in their wisdom knew you wouldn't be happy about this so your rare is BPable WITH the following exceptions.

NORMAL cst caps apply so if the rare is a TL 120 item you will get no more than 79% damage /range /freq /handl (TL85 is around 85-90 i forget)

When made from BP your weapon cannot EVER get slots

All tests for your class ballance are run by KK or testers with the rare weapon under controled conditions at the full 120 all stats.

Welcome to my world.

Welcome to mine 2 :(