PDA

View Full Version : LE Runner Vehicles Destroyed by non LE Runner.

Babes
20-04-04, 10:41
Why oh why can non LE runners Destroy LE Vehicles. I drive to cycrow on my LE Droner in my nice Red combat hovetec and 2 neutral APU’s ( Black Dragon ) Holy lightning my car to destruction as I stand there and watch.

I have 5 other cars of the same type as well as many others so the financial loss does not bother me.

What bothers me is the Spiteful senseless destruction on a LE characters car just because I had a LE in. IS this abuse or an exploit. Is KK planning to change the mechanics so this can not happen in future ?

As I understand KK standing on LE runner…LE runners should be able to play the game unmolested. You want new runners to play this game.. what they going to think with such senseless destructive behaviour.

Stigmata
20-04-04, 10:43
Why oh why can non LE runners Destroy LE Vehicles. I drive to cycrow on my LE Droner in my nice Red combat hovetec and 2 neutral APU’s ( Black Dragon ) Holy lightning my car to destruction as I stand there and watch.

I have 5 other cars of the same type as well as many others so the financial loss does not bother me.

What bothers my was the Spiteful senseless destruction on a LE characters car just because I had a LE in. IS this abuse or an exploit. Is KK planning to change the mechanics so this can not happen in future ?

As I understand KK standing on LE runner…LE runners should be able to play the game unmolested. You want new new runners to play this game.. what they going to think with such senseless destructive behaviour.

i was there i think, this was yesterday right ?

personally i find it funny, all u had to do was get back in your car and the dmg would no longer have occured, i can see why this could be considered wrong but its just so funny to imagine the anger going through someones head when their vehicle goes boom.

admit it u love it when the BOOM of someone else's vehicle sounds

Scikar
20-04-04, 10:45
Because a clan could get someone with an LE to park a Rhino across the entrance to an OP, and thus make entrance difficult for attackers as well as blocking the OP off from weapons fire and also giving a convenient target to hit with AoE fire as attackers try to climb over it.

Babes
20-04-04, 10:46
i was there i think, this was yesterday right ?

personally i find it funny, all u had to do was get back in your car and the dmg would no longer have occured, i can see why this could be considered wrong but its just so funny to imagine the anger going through someones head when their vehicle goes boom.

I didnt feel anger ..as i have other cars...I just felt sick..i droned for two caves runs and logged of for the night....to behonest..i have no desire to log on in the near future....camel and straw and all that.

winnoc
20-04-04, 11:33
Dude, next time, call in the evil sniper to take down those apu's :-)

Original monk
20-04-04, 12:02
onlything i can say is that its like extremely petetic of the 2 apu's ...

wow, what a sense of excitement they must have had :rolleyes:

probably they where yust kiddies ... in any case they where plain old LAME ..

apu 1: look an LE user ... lets trash the car: he cant do anything about it anyway

apu 2: yeah, cool cool mate, lets trash it, it gives a rush unbelievable

HL comes out, wham, wham, wham

apu 1: did you feel that adrenaline, did you feel that excitement, did ya feel the power when we trashed that LE-er car, and he couldnt do anything at all, daamn im 1337

apu 2: yeah now we have a cool story for if we get home, we totally pwned that car yeah, that LE-er was no match for us, eat that ya freakin noob !

apu2 irl: mommy mommy, i did it, i demolished a car WOOT, cool he, i am tha uber apu in the game we play, now this is playing games mommy !

and ffcourse:

i can see why this could be considered wrong but its just so funny to imagine the anger going through someones head when their vehicle goes boom.

yeah, ya couldnt feel better when ya yust wrecked someone car for actually no reason ... the person in question can walk home ... or yust die to get home, and no problem for the cash if its someone with 20 cars ...

but for the same amount its a real le-noob, saved about 2 weeks for that car and all ...

its that lame attitude that wrecks this game (and the saturn server) : like: if we have the smallest chance to be an asshole then we will ... this is the same thing with the closing of every genrep ... and the same thing as why GM's and FC's hate it to do an event on saturn ...

petetic

ezza
20-04-04, 12:04
ya original but blowing up vehicles is fun :D

IceStorm
20-04-04, 12:06
If you stay in your car, they can't hurt it.

This happened to me on my HC PE. It took the two APUs about 10 minutes to figure out that they couldn't damage my vehicle with me sitting in it...

I just went and watched TV while waiting for them to stop. :-)

Original monk
20-04-04, 12:10
ya original but blowing up vehicles is fun :D

yeah, yipie

like when youre sleeping in youre bed and some hooligans pass by youre door and you wake up in the morning to find the word "dickhead" engraved into youre car, all mirrors removed and youre tires flat ... yipie, cool !

ezza
20-04-04, 12:11
yeah, yipie

like when youre sleeping in youre bed and some hooligans pass by youre door and you wake up in the morning to find the word "dickhead" engraved into youre car, all mirrors removed and youre tires flat ... yipie, cool !
oh thats a good one using real life to a in game situation.

i guess you got a vehicle blown up and couldnt handle it :rolleyes:

Original monk
20-04-04, 12:13
oh thats a good one using real life to a in game situation.

i guess you got a vehicle blown up and couldnt handle it :rolleyes:

nah, i think people that attack vehicules for fun are lame thats all ...

i never use vehicules :) it gimps

metalangel
20-04-04, 12:13
If all they write is 'dickhead' on your car you're lucky.

Also, messing with people's vehicles is just done out of pure spite, and the sort of people you'd expect to say otherwise have already posted in here with 'lol ur wrong' type messages. :rolleyes:

ezza
20-04-04, 12:14
meh it makes be laugh.

only ever had 2 vehicles blown up in my time, _Uman_ destroyed a hovertec

while a decayed brute blew my other hovertec up :lol:

when i do it theres no spite, i do it cos i want to

metalangel
20-04-04, 12:23
It's still a spiteful thing to do to someone, regardless of how you feel to em - cos it shows you have no respect or decency to other people.

Remember Pulp Fiction with Vincent Vega discovers Butch has keyed his classic Malibu?

"You just don't fuck with another man's vehicle, it's against the rules" :D

http://www.rivermountainstrail.org/Nov.2%20pld%20burned%20out%20car%209%2027%2002.jpg
A Wheeler V2 near an Epic NPC, yesterday

Stigmata
20-04-04, 12:27
onlything i can say is that its like extremely petetic of the 2 apu's ...

wow, what a sense of excitement they must have had :rolleyes:

probably they where yust kiddies ... in any case they where plain old LAME ..

apu 1: look an LE user ... lets trash the car: he cant do anything about it anyway

apu 2: yeah, cool cool mate, lets trash it, it gives a rush unbelievable

HL comes out, wham, wham, wham

apu 1: did you feel that adrenaline, did you feel that excitement, did ya feel the power when we trashed that LE-er car, and he couldnt do anything at all, daamn im 1337

apu 2: yeah now we have a cool story for if we get home, we totally pwned that car yeah, that LE-er was no match for us, eat that ya freakin noob !

apu2 irl: mommy mommy, i did it, i demolished a car WOOT, cool he, i am tha uber apu in the game we play, now this is playing games mommy !

and ffcourse:

yeah, ya couldnt feel better when ya yust wrecked someone car for actually no reason ... the person in question can walk home ... or yust die to get home, and no problem for the cash if its someone with 20 cars ...

but for the same amount its a real le-noob, saved about 2 weeks for that car and all ...

its that lame attitude that wrecks this game (and the saturn server) : like: if we have the smallest chance to be an asshole then we will ... this is the same thing with the closing of every genrep ... and the same thing as why GM's and FC's hate it to do an event on saturn ...

petetic

[ edited ]

its a game

@ babes, blowing vehicles in general is funny, personally i couldn't give a fuck who they belong to.

@scikar good point, nuf said on that.

Babes
20-04-04, 12:28
yeah, yipie

[ edited ]

its a game

@ babes, blowing vehicles in general is funny, personally i couldn't give a fuck who they belong to.

@scikar good point, nuf said on that.

make you seriously think....Am i just wasting my time...playing this game containing spitefull sensless idiots..do they even deserve to have players like me in the same game or server as them. Like i said im not angry just sickened at even being in there presence.

After the car blow up...i said nothing...nothing at all...they didnt even deserve any comment from me.

ezza
20-04-04, 12:29
It's still a spiteful thing to do to someone, regardless of how you feel to em - cos it shows you have no respect or decency to other people.

Remember Pulp Fiction with Vincent Vega discovers Butch has keyed his classic Malibu?

lol get over it, as stig says its a game, if you dont like it come hunt me down, if i find a vehicle i blow it up.

one reason i was never dumb enough to park my vehicle anyway i know that people are

Stigmata
20-04-04, 12:32

http://www.rivermountainstrail.org/Nov.2%20pld%20burned%20out%20car%209%2027%2002.jpg
A Wheeler V2 near an Epic NPC, yesterday

rofl, how sad

metalangel
20-04-04, 12:35
I'm sure we've all seen the 'Greater internet fuckwad theory' from Penny Arcade so I won't post it again. :D

I love this game sometimes O_o

Stigmata
20-04-04, 12:38
I'm sure we've all seen the 'Greater internet fuckwad theory' from Penny Arcade so I won't post it again. :D

I love this game sometimes O_o

the what ?

i guess i dont spend as much time on the internet as some people :rolleyes:

retr0n
20-04-04, 12:38
post apoc war & all that shit.... gotta remember that... people are not nice,
if someone scams you and sells you a berserk1 instead of a marines cpu its
nobodys fault but yours (exploits of any nature not included)...

there is nothing you can do about abuse in this game no matter how wrong you
feel it is against you, once you realise that, you will have much more fun in
playing it.

edit: and oh yeah, blowing up vehicles IS fun! boom! :D

Kasumi
20-04-04, 12:45
lol get over it, as stig says its a game, if you dont like it come hunt me down, if i find a vehicle i blow it up.

one reason i was never dumb enough to park my vehicle anyway i know that people are
Yes it a game! You ruin other peoples fun.. You seem to not respect anyone! :(

winnoc
20-04-04, 12:46
Dude, do what i do, always have a piece of paper next to you computer to write down names :-)

If your char levels up and meets them again, try to kill em, they probably forgot your name anyhow. Then when you killed them and hacked their spells or had someone else hack the belt dm them.... Remember the noob with the hovertec.... :-)

metalangel
20-04-04, 12:47
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319l.jpg

"Treat others as you'd like to be treated" is dead, replaced by "you have a right to do anything they can't stop you from doing" :o

Original monk
20-04-04, 12:48
[ edited ]

its a game

hehe, by now i know that stigmata :) dont have to use size 7 lol

and youre right, i hate my life also wich only exist out of: playing videogames, getting drunk at the cafe, get high, have sex and my 3 favourite hobby's: girls, fishing & hunting :)

it keeps ya busy tough :)

and carebear ? hehe, does that mean that ya have to start liking the trashing of vehicules to become non-carebear ? i expected more of you stigmata :)

i wipe my ass with carebears :) there so fury

Bragvledt
20-04-04, 12:58
There's just no sense in trying to get through to these "look mommy I'm bad in Neocron!" babies is there?
And justifying your lame actions with phrases like "It's only a game dude, chill!" shows your level of intelligence very well to me. You think I'm (or we sensible people for that matter) THAT stupid to fall for that? :rolleyes:

From now on I'm going to ignore all these ... wankstains I find in threads, starting with this one.

"Come back when you have some pubes, okay?"
Ignoramae ...

Stigmata
20-04-04, 12:59
nice theory metal O_o , i wish i had thought of that.

but my point still remains, it is a game, and should be taken light-heartedly

i have lost countless number of vehicles, so what!

people roll into cycrow on their rhino, i relog to my tank and try to blow it up, its extremly funny when the person driving it appears and is like "shit ima have to run like a.........."

they get their fun, shooting people and doing 200 dmg per hit, i get fun destroying their vehicle.

i dont destroy vehicles out of spite or some weird twisted thing.

it is fun to hear and see the explosion, and even more gratifying (sp?) when they are an enemy.

btw i did not touch babes LE'd vehicle, i was there on a spy.

Wilco
20-04-04, 13:00
Because a clan could get someone with an LE to park a Rhino across the entrance to an OP, and thus make entrance difficult for attackers as well as blocking the OP off from weapons fire and also giving a convenient target to hit with AoE fire as attackers try to climb over it.

Exactly that's IMO possible, as i just found out last Sunday...
(was hunting WBs with a !LEd gunner for the first time and some enemies of my gunners faction showed up)

Fact (Jupiter):
- Vehicle with YOU (LEd runner) in == indestructable
- Vehicle without runners in it == normally destructable
- Vehicle with you (LE) plus some NON-LEd runner in it == normally destructable

Lucky me for collecting the vehicle parts on WB hunts, so i can get myself back some 30ish Rhinos;
so no real damage done... :cool:

Anyway, above mentioned action might indeed be possible (will check that ASAP in an OP-sektor)...
*hr hr* ... parking my "little Baby" in front of an OP-entrance, then turning on the onboard-speakers and making fun of those wanting to enter...

"PvP in a !combat situation!" *muahahahaharrrr*

SCNR, Wilco

EDIT
Babe: as written above already, all you had to do was climb back into your vehicle...
of course that would have prevented you from droning, thus from playing your game... but there's always some stupid ignorants... try to ignore them, and when impossible (here because of vehicle), simply walk/drive away.
Any anger/frustration showed towards them is just "water on their mills"...
/EDIT

brackk
20-04-04, 13:27
Simple fix to this really. Attach the runners faction to the vehicle so that the vehicleblowerupper gets a SL hit. Result....... good to kill enemy stuff/ Bad to kill ally stuff. Doesn't affect in warzone yada yada.........

ezza
20-04-04, 13:34
lmao well thats your opinion

winnoc
20-04-04, 13:40
Vehicles should have the owner's faction listed, just like drones.

And you should be able to "howtire" them, with for instance hacking.
Just to drive them, once you get out, you have to hotwire it again :-)

metalangel
20-04-04, 13:59
Stealable vehicles opens up a whole new world of grief. 0 stars.

It might not be a big deal to a high lvl player, but for a low level n00b or someone who just doesn't have a clan selling hundreds of Troop Carriers to make them rich then that vehicle is likely very dear and valuable to them. But then, trying to appeal to someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone is pointless, so I give up.

ezza
20-04-04, 14:01
[ edited ]

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:03
[ edited ]O_o spam ?

ok back to my point :p

trying to appeal to someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone is pointless, so I give up.

who said i dont give a shit about anyone ?

i give a shit about everyone in Cartel, i give a shit about my mates from any faction, past and present, i give a shit about low level players ro an extent.

i simply dont give a shit about people such as yourself Metal, i dont play to keep newbies playing the game, i do disagree with ganking low levels, but shit 95% of the time u dont realise what level they are until your on top of them.

i dont care about upsetting people who r enemy to me, or people who i have a grudge against past or present.

the thing i find amusing is when someone who i used to be in a clan with gets so upset that i attack them, even though there are enemy to me now. :rolleyes: go figure

winnoc
20-04-04, 14:20
Well, what's so bad with being able to steal a vehicle when you can blow it up too? More chance of it staying alive then just being blown up.

Personaly i think LE owned vehicles should be indestructible to runners, except in warzones, there they should be destructible.
So if a noob registers a vehicle, it should say those rules in the chatbox.

Estabin
20-04-04, 14:27
i dont destroy vehicles out of spite or some weird twisted thing.

i can see why this could be considered wrong but its just so funny to imagine the anger going through someones head when their vehicle goes boom.

Just wanted to point that out to yea :p

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:38
Just wanted to point that out to yea :p

your point is ?

i find it funny, no spite, gives me and mates on teamspeak a laugh.

Estabin
20-04-04, 14:47
Spite - Malicious ill will prompting an urge to hurt or humiliate.

You doing it so you can imagine the anger going through there heads? Uh huh no spite what so ever there O_o also that might be considered a tad bit "twisted"

EDIT

Last part was uncalled for so took it out hehe

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:51
Spite - Malicious ill will prompting an urge to hurt or humiliate.

You doing it so you can imagine the anger going through there heads? Uh huh no spite what so ever there O_o also that might be considered a tad bit "twisted"

EDIT

Last part was uncalled for so took it out hehe

didn't see the last part.

hmm so i guess i contradicted myself, well so be it.

metalangel
20-04-04, 15:00
What about people who you don't even know? Like, given you have no idea who owns the vehicle that's just sitting there unattended, why cause a complete stranger grief?

ezza
20-04-04, 15:02
What about people who you don't even know? Like, given you have no idea who owns the vehicle that's just sitting there unattended, why cause a complete stranger grief?
didnt this get answered already?

cos its funny

t0tt3
20-04-04, 15:11
LE = teh suxxor why have it ingame?
Booming cars = TEH FUN!!!!!

So suxxor LE with a car = smash teh car!!!!!111oneone

If you want a new one just ask somone they goes for 10 k .....
Even a noob collecting Loms down in the sewer can get that from 10 min of hunting or less.

Babes
20-04-04, 15:15
didnt this get answered already?

cos its funny

Not far from were i live a few kids throw another kid in a garbage skip and he could not get out. One of the kids decided to set the skip on fire because they thought it was funny...

boy burned to death...strange what makes people laugh.

Original monk
20-04-04, 15:20

didnt you know it is cool (according to the 1337-bible) to cause problems to people especially if you dont even know those people ?

this is the attitude of the frustrated mcdonalds worker that likes to spit in people's burger ...

and these are the guys that like to take words in their mouth like: dont do sumthing to others that you wouldnt like happening to yourself ... all good and well if it happens to fit into their daily thread ... but practically, when it comes to the point, it all comes down to that same lame attitude ingame ...

well everyone has he's own way of enjoying emselve ... wich tell you more then enough about a person ...

and on a brighter note: @ winnoc: i yust noticed youre siggy and its extremely cool, tell em man ! winnocron ! :)

ezza
20-04-04, 15:21
will you stop fucking comparing real life shit to in game stuff

brackk
20-04-04, 15:21
One of the funniest things i ever saw was when i was getting GR's and a BD clan on saturn was forming up at crest. I told FA faction due to the fact that they held tyron and then just watched the group of 8 or so BD's buff up and head west. Two BD APU's GR'ed in late and while waiting off synap proceeded to start blowing up a hover that one of the first group had left by the building. The hover was at a sliver of life when the APU's stopped and i can only imagine that they were laughing in clan chat about the stupid LE watching as his vehicle got blown up When some one from BD said wait NO WTF YOU'RE BLOWING UP MY HOVER ...........

(lol edits for spelling man i need coffee this am :P)

winnoc
20-04-04, 15:22
Just put faction next to carname, then you can go :"Oh dude i'm guarding this ride for my factionmate" or go "MUHAHAHAHA KABOOOOOM !!!! YOU EVIL SWINE ENEMY !!!!"

t0tt3
20-04-04, 15:25
will you stop fucking comparing real life shit to in game stuff

Yea just because a hockeyplayer with all equipment on him goes to his car, doesnt mean that I will take his stick and hit him and crush his car with a 9 ton big truck..... Get real its just a game who cares get angry and get even. o_O

SynC_187
20-04-04, 15:34
Stealable vehicles opens up a whole new world of grief. 0 stars.

It might not be a big deal to a high lvl player, but for a low level n00b or someone who just doesn't have a clan selling hundreds of Troop Carriers to make them rich then that vehicle is likely very dear and valuable to them. But then, trying to appeal to someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone is pointless, so I give up.

If you don't want it stolen then don't leave it laying around, say with destroying them. Whether I agree with it or not, KK have warned everyone that not everyone in the game is nice.

Everyone knows what can happen if they leave their vehicle un-attanded.

If the vehicle is really important to you don't leave it laying around.

Would you go AFK in the middle of J_01? No, someone would kill you. Same with CRP.

So why leave a vehicle there? At least try and hide it.

metalangel
20-04-04, 15:37
8|

That story of the guys blowing up their own buddy's hovertec says it all really.

Oh, and just because it's a game doesn't mean it's not a severely shitty thing to do. This isn't Desert Combat where if you blow up someone's tank another one will just appear - you have to put a lot of time and effort into earning that vehicle, and having some scrote blow it up just so he can go 'lol pwn3d' in TS is infuriating.

If you like blowing cars up that much, why not just buy some yourself and while away many a happy evening at the garage by Battledome, spawning speedbikes and blowing them up and laughing at how cool you are.

ezza
20-04-04, 15:39
8|

That story of the guys blowing up their own buddy's hovertec says it all really.

Oh, and just because it's a game doesn't mean it's not a severely shitty thing to do. This isn't Desert Combat where if you blow up someone's tank another one will just appear - you have to put a lot of time and effort into earning that vehicle, and having some scrote blow it up just so he can go 'lol pwn3d' in TS is infuriating.

If you like blowing cars up that much, why not just buy some yourself and while away many a happy evening at the garage by Battledome, spawning speedbikes and blowing them up and laughing at how cool you are.
[ edited ]

Strych9
20-04-04, 15:48
"Its just a game" is a pretty pathetic excuse.

I will remember that the next time someone comes in here whining about para spam ruining PvP or some other such nonsense. After all, its just a game right? So what if a PPU likes to chill at the CRP caves or PP or an op or wherever, simply spamming parashock all over the place??? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the excuse "Its just a game" only means "This is something that doesnt bother ME." As soon as you have an issue you care about in Neocron, I am sure you wouldnt use that same line.

Yes this is a game, but its a game that we all CHOOSE to invest time and money into on a continual basis. On that level, since we have invested money and time into Neocron, we WANT it to be fun to play.

People blowing up your vehicle only because they claim it is "fun" is pretty lame.

But like I said- sure its only a game. And I bet I can easily enrage you will some simple in game actions... :)

ezza
20-04-04, 15:53
true enough but im still not gonna stop blowing up shit

SorkZmok
20-04-04, 15:55
[ edited ]

Babes
20-04-04, 16:02
[ edited ]

Thats what i like to see...some player run event for new player... :rolleyes: "Welcome to neocron nib...nice car"...BOOOOOOOOOM !! "Lesson No.1...dont use cars"

Nib.."Thanks For your help Ezza !! your so 1337"
"Any Time"

We'll have are server's population bursting at the seams before we know it. :rolleyes:

ezza
20-04-04, 16:07
babes get the fuck over it so what your vehicles got blown, welcome to neocron etc etc you aint the first and wont be the last

and for your information i help noobs out quite often, i dont recall you helping people on help channel much or posting here on the noobie forum so dont give me that crap

Babes
20-04-04, 16:10
babes get the fuck over it so what your vehicles got blown, welcome to neocron etc etc you aint the first and wont be the last

and for your information i help noobs out quite often, i dont recall you helping people on help channel much or posting here on the noobie forum so dont give me that crap

I help them in game....Had one LE tank sit in my reveler for 3 hours gunning Launchers at the pit while i sat and watch TV on sunday.

Babysat dozens of runners in aggy rooms on my capped LE tank "7/9"

Research for People...Transfer Cash for players (As the trust me )

Gave at least 10 people lifts from neocron to MB/BD..all in the last week

Etc Etc Etc... I'm more action that word ezza

ezza
20-04-04, 16:10
lol you think im angry, im sitting in work posting on forum, i aint getting angry plus im going home soon so im happy kthxbye

metalangel
20-04-04, 16:11
Oh yes, by all means, blow up vehicles belonging to people you hate.

But how do you know it's my vehicle? You don't, and you don't care anyway, as brackk as said and I'm sure everyone has seen, you'll just blow it up anyway.

The community would be a lot worse off if everyone was like that, thank goodness most people have the social graces to respect other people and their stuff. How would you like it if someone got your 3-slot Dev or CS or whatever and sold it to Yo's or threw it into an inaccessible piece of world geometry?

ezza
20-04-04, 16:13

But how do you know it's my vehicle? You don't, and you don't care anyway, as brackk as said and I'm sure everyone has seen, you'll just blow it up anyway.

The community would be a lot worse off if everyone was like that, thank goodness most people have the social graces to respect other people and their stuff. How would you like it if someone got your 3-slot Dev or CS or whatever and sold it to Yo's or threw it into an inaccessible piece of world geometry?
if they got my CS off me then they would of had to hack my account in which case i would be pissed but wouldnt post in on forum, and i have had my weapons hacked in the past, ya i was angry but got over it, ive had vehicles blown in the past, i was angry for a few mins then just laughed and got on with it

winnoc
20-04-04, 16:16
Mmmm helping noobs.....

Haven't done that much, besides give stuff to new clanmembers.

I think i'll devote myself to helping new players for an hour a week or so, cuz it is kinda gratifying.

Maybe i'll stealth into TG canyon and hand out cash to under /20 enemies just for the fun of it :-)

More adrenaline rush than sniping pe's and tanks standing in front of yaeger's in :-)

Stigmata
20-04-04, 16:16
Not far from were i live a few kids throw another kid in a garbage skip and he could not get out. One of the kids decided to set the skip on fire because they thought it was funny...

boy burned to death...strange what makes people laugh.

[ edited ]

8|

[ edited ]

"Its just a game" is a pretty pathetic excuse.

I will remember that the next time someone comes in here whining about para spam ruining PvP or some other such nonsense. After all, its just a game right? So what if a PPU likes to chill at the CRP caves or PP or an op or wherever, simply spamming parashock all over the place??? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the excuse "Its just a game" only means "This is something that doesnt bother ME." As soon as you have an issue you care about in Neocron, I am sure you wouldnt use that same line.

Yes this is a game, but its a game that we all CHOOSE to invest time and money into on a continual basis. On that level, since we have invested money and time into Neocron, we WANT it to be fun to play.

People blowing up your vehicle only because they claim it is "fun" is pretty lame.

But like I said- sure its only a game. And I bet I can easily enrage you will some simple in game actions... :)

[ edited ]

PPL saying such crap need their RL asses kicked. Seriously.

What the fuck is wrong with you? :wtf:

[ edited ]

AMEN BROTHER

i'm not bothered who's vehicle it is, we blew up someone in our clan last week, we laughed like fuck, then bought him a new one.

blowing a vehicle is not quite the same as stealing someone's best weapon and selling it to YO's

+ the noise of a vehicle blowing up is worth 50k or whatever it costs for a new one in my book

Strych9
20-04-04, 16:26
blah blah blahExcellent rebuttal stigmata. :rolleyes:

Siygess
20-04-04, 16:29
"Treat others as you'd like to be treated" is dead, replaced by "you have a right to do anything they can't stop you from doing"

Sad yet true. Truely, the internet is a double-edged sword..

Oh, and on the matter of blowing up vehicles:

Blowing up someones vehicle = Fair game
Blowing up LE users vehicle = Naughty but allowed in the rules
Blowing up my reveller = free car parking for me :D

metalangel
20-04-04, 16:33
Stigmata, exactly, so what if they're a nib, a lot of nibs pour blood sweat and tears into getting their first vehicle, and for you to callously blast it to bits because you like big explosions says a lot about your character - RL and game. Yes, RL, go 'oh ffs u nib' all you like but I can't really imagine you're RPing that heavily. What Babes was suggesting is that people who blow up unattended vehicles for fun are getting cheap laughs at other peoples' expense and that indicates you as a very sorry example of a person.

You can't even defend yourself properly, having to resort to simply flinging 'fuck off u sad twat' because either that's the best retort you can muster, or you know something's not right with what you're doing. Sure, it might be worth 50k, but you're not the poor git who has to pay 50k to replace the vehicle.

ezza, I agree there's a lot of stuff in this game where you can just go 'oh shit hehe' and get on with it - fatals, syncing, and other stupid shit have killed me all the time. That's stuff you can't help. Putting ur bike somewhere for a few moments and returning to find some assmunch shooting it to pieces is something that can be helped, that shouldn't happen, and is something to get mad about. All we can say is just think of someone other than yourself for a change (and other than yourself means ppl outside your clan too)

winnoc
20-04-04, 16:34
Ok, some people should remember where they came from in this game.
I can remember my first days in neocron, being a noob hackerspy.
I saved up cash, to buy a rhino from someone (paid 300k).

It did take me quite a while, and i was gratefull some TG tanks were willing to hunt with me at MB bunker, instead of gank me (i was DRE back then and no LE).
I hunted with them a couple of times, and shared the rares fair and square.
They even shared the cost of repairs on the rhino with me (bloody murder and bloody slaughter were their names).

If they had just ganked me and blown up my rhino, i think i would've quit the game right there.

Low server count???? KK can advertise all they want, if we stay hostile to new players the count will NEVER go up the way we want it.

Stigmata
20-04-04, 16:36
Excellent rebuttal stigmata. :rolleyes:

im struggling to find where i said that.

[ edited ]

Original monk
20-04-04, 16:43
[ edited ]

hehe, the thingie he responded to didnt had anything to do with grammer, punctuation, spelling or i dunno, go read it again :)

and stop harrasing people ... you wonna get this thread closed arent ya ?

stop acting like a baby stig

ezza
20-04-04, 16:44
ahh you cant get this thread closed its the best thread in a while on this forum :p

metalangel
20-04-04, 16:48
Go winnoc!

The problem is not just that there are dickheads in the game but that they are free to grief people with very little chance of getting their just desserts. Everyone has a fond memory, I bet, of getting a lucky break in Neocron - being given a valuable gift, or being in the right place at the right time, or hunting with the right person and making a ton of cash.

Unfortunately, the game is rapidly becoming a place where capped and high-lvl players stomp all over the n00bs.

Strych9
20-04-04, 16:48
[ edited ]I wasnt going to quote statement that would just likely be edited by a mod later anyway.

And if you take the time to read what I said, as Monk pointed out, it had nothing to do with grammar or punctuation mistakes. :confused:

If you have something to say about my analysis, and explain how babes being upset about his vehicle being blown up is different from people whining about paraspam, I would like to hear it. In my mind, the comment "Its just a game" can explain away ANYTHING about Neocron someone doesnt like. Upset that being red means you drop 5 items? Its just a game. Therefore, saying "its just a game" basically loses all meaning.

If all you have to say to my response is what you said earlier, then dont feel the need to respond to this post.

Babes
20-04-04, 16:51
Stigmata, exactly, so what if they're a nib, a lot of nibs pour blood sweat and tears into getting their first vehicle, and for you to callously blast it to bits because you like big explosions says a lot about your character - RL and game. Yes, RL, go 'oh ffs u nib' all you like but I can't really imagine you're RPing that heavily. What Babes was suggesting is that people who blow up unattended vehicles for fun are getting cheap laughs at other peoples' expense and that indicates you as a very sorry example of a person.

You can't even defend yourself properly, having to resort to simply flinging 'fuck off u sad twat' because either that's the best retort you can muster, or you know something's not right with what you're doing. Sure, it might be worth 50k, but you're not the poor git who has to pay 50k to replace the vehicle.

ezza, I agree there's a lot of stuff in this game where you can just go 'oh shit hehe' and get on with it - fatals, syncing, and other stupid shit have killed me all the time. That's stuff you can't help. Putting ur bike somewhere for a few moments and returning to find some assmunch shooting it to pieces is something that can be helped, that shouldn't happen, and is something to get mad about. All we can say is just think of someone other than yourself for a change (and other than yourself means ppl outside your clan too)

That about sums it up.

When on may main "Babes" NON-LE...you can blow up as many of my cars as you like...kill me as many times as you like (If you can)..that is fair game.
A LE Noob..is not fair game..it the behavour of a bully.

As babes in a reveler a few weeks ago a destroyed 4 Rhinos @ jeriko OP take against FA and some CM in one day, Kill 5 BOT members at Simmons in 3 minutes at the begining of the OP take. All enemy were High level chars. Then 5 mins later i drive a noob to MB and then Poked in Plaza 4 not matter what rank or faction

My point being blowing up tanks and cars make a great bangs and great fun...all the sweeter when you have the balls to take on equals and not a noob. I help Noobs and take on equals...I get no reward for my actions except my own self respect

ezza
20-04-04, 16:54
Go winnoc!

The problem is not just that there are dickheads in the game but that they are free to grief people with very little chance of getting their just desserts. Everyone has a fond memory, I bet, of getting a lucky break in Neocron - being given a valuable gift, or being in the right place at the right time, or hunting with the right person and making a ton of cash.

Unfortunately, the game is rapidly becoming a place where capped and high-lvl players stomp all over the n00bs.metal angel were you playing at the beggining or retail on saturn?

you say it is rapidly becoming a place where capped/high level players stomp noobs.

my first day my 0/2 noob was killed twice in about 5 mins as i passed though PP(my mistake not knowing)

i got killed in noob sewers.

i got kille...nevermind but i got killed lot more in early days than now.

on my part i dont kill noobs, unless clanned.

yeah i have a few good memories, but i enjoy the memory of the fights, the first time for example i got killed by Style in the OZ with his plasma.

or when starkes and the zerbra on crack clan stormed the base and slaughtered everyone, though memories are as fun as the getting my first weapon or rare of clan or whatever

metalangel
20-04-04, 17:02
ezza, yup... I got one of the first English retail copies in the UK and I remember coming out of Tech Haven and seeing a Troop Transporter for the first time :D Some French guy happened by and was kind enough to give my n00b a lift to NC.

I was unclanned for most of my first stint with NC, and I remember HATE and Starkes and Syreus and helmut too... I remember accidentally stumbling into their staging ground for PP ganking runs in the Industrial Area, and organizing a posse to go and chase them out. Thing is, though, HATE were a sign of things to come, of the random violence that has since become accepted on Saturn (I remember the server was more or less united against HATE).

When I came back in October having been gone since February BoneyBob warned me a lot had changed... how right he was. I miss the good old days of early retail, it was generally a lot safer, n00bs could move without ph33r, etc.

MjukisDjur
20-04-04, 17:03

Yup, when someone else own the damn car... :P

Stigmata
20-04-04, 17:19

well if it allows you to make sence of why people like myself and ezza blow vehicles up then so be it.

i have no interest in RP

i like doing what i like, when i like, to who i like and ultimatly the only thing that they can do is
A) try to kill me ingame
b) talk shit to/about me

and im very surprised that you think you can judge my character IRL from my actions in most importantly A GAME, what are you some wannabe psychologist, i may or may not play a bad guy, and i dont feel i need to justify myself.

edit/ missed some key words out in haste to post before leaving for home

Gestra
20-04-04, 17:22
Noob Pking does not really exist anymore. With all the carebearish rules introduced, shitty soul lights ideas and lame hunting zones. I mean chaos caves a hunting zone, Some fucking moronic idiot dreamed that one up.

I had no problem getting ganked as a lowbie back in the early days of NC. It encourages people to explore get of the beaten track rather than, going to the usually lamed up leveling places and shouting kill me please in zone chat.

There is no fear in this game anymore.

brackk
20-04-04, 17:25
i'm not bothered who's vehicle it is, we blew up someone in our clan last week, we laughed like fuck, then bought him a new one.

blowing a vehicle is not quite the same as stealing someone's best weapon and selling it to YO's

+ the noise of a vehicle blowing up is worth 50k or whatever it costs for a new one in my book

My clan has a boatload of CR but replacing vehicles for clan members blown up by clanmembers would just be a waste. Pissing CR away for no reason is retarded and if its to hear a boom its ultra retarded.

metalangel
20-04-04, 17:26
Stigmata, you like enjoying yourself... (good)
...at other people's expense... (bad)
...and don't see anything wrong with that. (ermmmm)

I'm no wannaba psychologist, I just reiterate that I think a good part of someone's RL personality comes through in games like this. If you don't wanna justify yourself fine I won't bitch at you about that.

Babes
20-04-04, 17:31
well if it allows you to make sence or why people like myself and ezza blow vehicles up then so be it.

i have interest in RP

i like doing what i like, when i like, to who i like and ultimatly the only thing that they can do is
A) try to kill me ingame
b) talk shit to/about me

and im very surprised that you think you can judge my character IRL from my actions in most importantly A GAME, what are you some wannabe psychologist, i may or may not play a bad guy, and i dont feel i need to justify myself.

Im sure you’re a pillar of society ..help grannies across the road..and pray every night for world peace. :lol:

t0tt3
20-04-04, 17:53
**** *** *** **** **** i* ** **a* **r *e**** **t *****, ******* ** ******* *** *** *** **** *** **** *** **** ** *he ****

*** *** **** *********** * **** noob* *** *** often, i **** ****** *** ******g *e**** ** **** ******* **** ** ***t*** **** on the noobie forum so dont give me that crap

sure ezza np :rolleyes:

WARNING!! THE QUOTE IS UNCODED SO PLZ BE WARE CODEPROG 1.1 b HAS SOME FEATURES!!!!

Stigmata
20-04-04, 18:13
Im sure you’re a pillar of society ..help grannies across the road..and pray every night for world peace. :lol:

once again a personal attack, why do you guys let a game spill over into real life.

i dont gank low levels if i can help it, (spying at an OP = just reason in my book) i help out people when i feel like it, not because i get some reward or the bullshit, feeling good about myself speal that u give babes.

and @ metal, why would i feel bad about having a laugh at someone elses expense, i go to an OP war if we win i laugh at the losers, if we loose they laugh at us.

why is this wrong ?

metalangel
20-04-04, 18:41
Winning in a fair fight at an OP is a lot different to blowing up an unattended vehicle.

Organics
20-04-04, 18:52
I've had my chaincraft attacked a few times, (LE tank), but I've always just gotten back into it until they got bored or I drove away.

TBH if someone blew it up, I'd be a bit annoyed, but no more annoyed than I was when in UO someone killed my Warhorse which cost alot of money (roughly equivalent to a hovertec in NC or similar), in that game, horsekilling is rampant and noone really complains about it because if it happens, it happens. I try never to leave my vehicles unattended because the chances are someone will come along and BOOM! it.

I must admit though, the BOOM noise IS amusing ;) I don't actually destroy other people's vehicles but I would if they pissed me off, or were enemy and reasonable level.

Clownst0pper
20-04-04, 18:52
Whats the most annoying is a rhino tank, when an LE driver us driving it, and a non LE'd gunner is shooting the cannon.

The vehicle cannot be destroyed and the gunner inside is 100% safe, and can kill anyone he chooses.

Its the biggest exploit ever, and fucking very annoying, an unstopable rhino tank.

If ur LE'd dont get out ur car and peeps cant hurt it.

Wilco
20-04-04, 18:57
Whats the most annoying is a rhino tank, when an LE driver us driving it, and a non LE'd gunner is shooting the cannon.

The vehicle cannot be destroyed and the gunner inside is 100% safe, and can kill anyone he chooses.

Its the biggest exploit ever, and fucking very annoying, an unstopable rhino tank.

That's plain WRONG !
Read my posting on page 2 (i think) in this thread ... as soon as a !LEd-runner sits in the vehicle, it can be damaged!

HTH, Wilco

jiga
20-04-04, 19:00

I remember some1 doing thats to me. I had to hide behind a tree. No wonder I wasn't doing any dmg

ezza
20-04-04, 19:03
sure ezza np :rolleyes:

WARNING!! THE QUOTE IS UNCODED SO PLZ BE WARE CODEPROG 1.1 b HAS SOME FEATURES!!!!
not sure if you having a go at me or having a laugh so ill keep my comments to myself for the time being

t0tt3
20-04-04, 19:20
not sure if you having a go at me or having a laugh so ill keep my comments to myself for the time being

Sorry if you took it badly but I think this thread is silly :D

Clownst0pper
20-04-04, 20:58
That's plain WRONG !
Read my posting on page 2 (i think) in this thread ... as soon as a !LEd-runner sits in the vehicle, it can be damaged!

HTH, Wilco

Weird, Funny how it was done to us, just afew hours ago at jeriko, LE driver, non LE gunner, Hit the rhino with about 10 kami drones, and 3 anti vehicle launchers on it

100% HP.

Funny, it doesnt work :rolleyes:

Wilco
20-04-04, 21:41
That's VERY strange!

OK, as posted before, i was hunting WBs with a !LEd gunner,
so *I* (LEd) was the driver and hacker, thus i got out of the rhino frequently...

And i know for sure, that *I* (LEd runner) was driving my little baby, when it got blown up...

The only thing i can imagine is, that the system got confused by my frequent exiting (to hack) and reentering the vehicle, thus assuming it to be vulnerable.

If it is indeed the case, that an !LEd runner can kill enemies while being in an invulnerable tank that'd be horrible!

Regards, Wilco

ezza
20-04-04, 22:38
Sorry if you took it badly but I think this thread is silly :D
silly but fun

and onoz they banned stig :(

metalangel
21-04-04, 03:38
onoz why?

t0tt3
21-04-04, 08:57
onoz who is Stig? :wtf:

Vithar
21-04-04, 10:11
Stay on topic.

Vithar

Mighty Max
21-04-04, 10:43
I don't know why, but i got the feeling that some cant imagine that behind ingame chars are real persons. And before you come it is a roleplay game, so you have to seperate player and char, let me tell you why this is BS:

You play this game to have some fun, right? So ingame action changes mood to outside person. So now imagin the guy that get scammed around. Guess he has not that fun. Can you imagine that he stops playing beeing sad?

/me wonders how much of the "get over it" faction bites in their keyboard from time to time, when they got victim of an "unbalancing"

winnoc
21-04-04, 10:44
Seems kinda odd that only the rhino would suffer from this problem, and personlay i won't believe it till i see it.

ezza
21-04-04, 12:18
haha i got a nice red rep dot for posting in this thread, glad i annoyed someone :D

Krush
22-04-04, 05:38
I have had plenty of my cars blown up, being either LE or not.

When I log on later and its destroyed or if I watch it happen, i do feel annoyed.
But thats the game.

I didn't know about the LE player jumping back it stops it (thx for that advice)

I take it as it come.
When I was a newbie I was more careful with my car and where I left it.
I have heaps now so I really dont care if they blow it up.

Unless I needed a ride back !!!

Revslad
22-04-04, 14:57
babes u stood next to your car knowing they were blowing it up, but did you make any attempt to drive it away from them?????? No u watched them blow it , its your fault imo lol.

Scanner Darkly
23-04-04, 04:25
Might as well try banging your head against a brick wall, it will probably have more effect than trying to reason with some of these "community members".

I found especially interesting the fact that ezza finds it necessary to do things to others that he himself found unpleasant when he was a "noob".

On another note, what I find especially annoying with blown up vehicles (if you cannot see them being pulverised), is that you never know who was the perpetrator of said badda-big-boom...

This will obviously never happen, since NC is but a reflection of the imperfect and often ugly society we live in, but shouldnt a vehicle take a snapshot of the attacker and mail it to the owner when it gets attacked/blown up, or just send you the name of the car murderer? (ER Hovertech V1.0: greetings ive just been blown up by ****) listing the biggest damage dealer.

And if there is even the slimmest chance of that happening, surely this will never happen - being able to dismiss vehicles from any location (or a city com terminal) - of course they could still be only spawned from an ASG garage.

Thank you for reading,

SD

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 04:33
I don't know why, but i got the feeling that some cant imagine that behind ingame chars are real persons. And before you come it is a roleplay game, so you have to seperate player and char, let me tell you why this is BS:

You play this game to have some fun, right? So ingame action changes mood to outside person. So now imagin the guy that get scammed around. Guess he has not that fun. Can you imagine that he stops playing beeing sad?

/me wonders how much of the "get over it" faction bites in their keyboard from time to time, when they got victim of an "unbalancing"

You think they are going to listen? Most of them lack the ability to understand your logic, let alone listen.

manderf
23-04-04, 04:53
You think they are going to listen? Most of them lack the ability to understand your logic, let alone listen.

hmm i didnt really understand what he said at all :confused:

ezza
23-04-04, 12:00
Might as well try banging your head against a brick wall, it will probably have more effect than trying to reason with some of these "community members".

I found especially interesting the fact that ezza finds it necessary to do things to others that he himself found unpleasant when he was a "noob".

On another note, what I find especially annoying with blown up vehicles (if you cannot see them being pulverised), is that you never know who was the perpetrator of said badda-big-boom...

This will obviously never happen, since NC is but a reflection of the imperfect and often ugly society we live in, but shouldnt a vehicle take a snapshot of the attacker and mail it to the owner when it gets attacked/blown up, or just send you the name of the car murderer? (ER Hovertech V1.0: greetings ive just been blown up by ****) listing the biggest damage dealer.

And if there is even the slimmest chance of that happening, surely this will never happen - being able to dismiss vehicles from any location (or a city com terminal) - of course they could still be only spawned from an ASG garage.

Thank you for reading,

SDquote me where i said it was unpleasent? i said it happend but i got over it and found it funny

Bragvledt
23-04-04, 12:47
hmm i didnt really understand what he said at all :confused:

Case in point.

maggotcorpse
23-04-04, 14:51
Thats why i always drive arround with my NEXT Epic Car. The Repair Costs are cheaper than a Clip of Ammo even when its totally damaged. Now i can laugh when some Wackos try to destroy my Car :D

winnoc
23-04-04, 14:57
Yeah, i got mine yesterday, and they rule for hunting warbots.
You can stand there and take on 4-5 warbots after each other, just find a good spawnpoint, sit there get a hacker with you who hacks em, and brings you some junk to clone ammo from time to time.

Babes
23-04-04, 15:44
babes u stood next to your car knowing they were blowing it up, but did you make any attempt to drive it away from them?????? No u watched them blow it , its your fault imo lol.

The loss of the car im not bothered about i have 100's...the point being..may i quote myself..

What bothers me is the Spiteful senseless destruction on a LE characters car ..... As I understand KK standing on LE runner…LE runners should be able to play the game unmolested.

People attitudes to LE runners and other players in general. i.e. spite

Shadow Dancer
23-04-04, 19:56
Thats why i always drive arround with my NEXT Epic Car. The Repair Costs are cheaper than a Clip of Ammo even when its totally damaged. Now i can laugh when some Wackos try to destroy my Car :D

Yea, too bad the next epic is slow and ugly.

:(

Scikar
23-04-04, 20:11
The loss of the car im not bothered about i have 100's...the point being..may i quote myself..

People attitudes to LE runners and other players in general. i.e. spite

The fact that a significant proportion of LE users merely use it as a shield from behind which to flame and harass others would likely be involved there somewhere. KK have in fact not said that the LE is intended for permanent use, it's primary function is merely to enable newbies to level up to a point where they can defend themselves. It was never intended for anything more. Removal of the restrictions only made it easier to level with the LE - making permanent LE-users more viable was a side effect, if it was an intended outcome it would be a switch and not an implant.

Now while I would not strictly condone the removal of the LE, I do feel that it destroys a large part of NCs atmosphere for both the user and those who meet the user. It restricts, rather than encourages RP, and as far as I can see permanent use of it turns NC into effectively EverQuest FPS. If some people want that, then fair enough, but under no circumstances should concessions be made to those players which would restrict non-LE users. NC's appeal is primarily in PvP and the atmosphere, the LE restricts both of those. Making life easier on LE users isn't a problem, but it becomes one when KK begin to limit the things which attract their target audience.

This is a case in point - making vehicles registered to LE users invulnerable to other players results in a potentially very serious exploit at OP wars, which I mentioned on the first page. You can't just say "Send a message to a GM if it happens", by the time anything is done the fight is already over, if someone loses as a result of an exploit like that they are far more likely to just log off than report it, and if they win they are likely to use it fuel abuse over the trade channels than report it. Besides the fact that due to a problem with Rhino occupants not appearing in local, the culprit would be difficult to identify anyway.

Strych9
23-04-04, 20:18
The fact that a significant proportion of LE users merely use it as a shield from behind which to flame and harass others would likely be involved there somewhere. KK have in fact not said that the LE is intended for permanent use, it's primary function is merely to enable newbies to level up to a point where they can defend themselves. It was never intended for anything more. Removal of the restrictions only made it easier to level with the LE - making permanent LE-users more viable was a side effect, if it was an intended outcome it would be a switch and not an implant.

Now while I would not strictly condone the removal of the LE, I do feel that it destroys a large part of NCs atmosphere for both the user and those who meet the user. It restricts, rather than encourages RP, and as far as I can see permanent use of it turns NC into effectively EverQuest FPS. If some people want that, then fair enough, but under no circumstances should concessions be made to those players which would restrict non-LE users. NC's appeal is primarily in PvP and the atmosphere, the LE restricts both of those. Making life easier on LE users isn't a problem, but it becomes one when KK begin to limit the things which attract their target audience.

This is a case in point - making vehicles registered to LE users invulnerable to other players results in a potentially very serious exploit at OP wars, which I mentioned on the first page. You can't just say "Send a message to a GM if it happens", by the time anything is done the fight is already over, if someone loses as a result of an exploit like that they are far more likely to just log off than report it, and if they win they are likely to use it fuel abuse over the trade channels than report it. Besides the fact that due to a problem with Rhino occupants not appearing in local, the culprit would be difficult to identify anyway.I agree vehicles should NOT get LE protection when driven by a LE user.

That being said, do you really think a
significant proportion of LE users merely use it as a shield from behind which to flame and harass others ???? I have seen TONS and TONS of LE runners, and never seen any flaming or harassing of others. Out at the bunker, for example, tons of LE runners. All of em level and stay quiet usually. The only flaming you hear is from the non-LE runners that just got ganked by PKers twice their level.

I am SURE it happens... but a significant proportion of them? Like more than half?

Whitestuff
23-04-04, 20:34
I didn't read the whole thread, 2 pages was enough.

Let me show you a little math equation:

+

X

petetic
=

make you seriously think....Am i just wasting my time...playing this game containing spitefull sensless idiots..do they even deserve to have players like me in the same game or server as them. Like i said im not angry just sickened at even being in there presence.

Which is the same thing as saying: YOU PEOPLE AREN'T HELPING NEOCRON SURVIVE!

Thanks to Original and Metalangel for having a heart.

Scikar
23-04-04, 20:34
Back when I was TG, I used to spend a lot of time at CRP killing enemies. Cycrow was regularly ninja hacked, I got fed up so I would sit at CRP and kill enemies over /50 or so who came through. It was well known that CRP was not somewhere TG enemies should expect to level in the same way as MB Bunker. At least once a day I would have to put up with smack talk from an LE user or two. I don't see it happening much any more, but I figure that's more because of the lower population and the fact I don't go to CRP, rather than because there aren't those kind of people any more.

winnoc
26-04-04, 08:50
I don't see why rhino drivers should be in local.
All the other vehicles show the occupants in plain view, not the rhino, it's a tin can, so you don't know who's in it.

naimex
26-04-04, 08:56
I don't see why rhino drivers should be in local.
All the other vehicles show the occupants in plain view, not the rhino, it's a tin can, so you don't know who's in it.

nice reason :rolleyes:

Runner 1 : There´s a dude over that hill...
Runner 2 : How do you know ???
Runner 1 : Uhhm... it says on loc.......Euhmm.. I can hear his heart beat.. yeah that´s it... his heart beat..

That´s not a reason.

If anyone is to be on local, everyone should be on local.

(Stealth users being the exception)

But hardly worth doing a *bump bump* over

petek480
26-04-04, 09:02
You play games so other people can have fun? Becuase I know I play games so I can have fun.

Ezekial Stone
26-04-04, 10:55

No, you are too good for saturn. Please leave cause we don't deserve you.

winnoc
26-04-04, 11:15
The whole in local thing is just stupid to begin with, it's much more fun when you actualy have to look for someone, and people are able to hide themselves in the terain.

chutza
26-04-04, 11:37
People in this game thrive off treating others as poorly as possible and it isnt soon to end . Anyone that says its just a game has to realize that thier actions are thought out , thus making it a real life attitude . The way you treat others here is truely and extension of real life feelings . What people tend to forget is that theres another person playing the character on the recieving end . Your fun at the expense of others is selfish and discourteous , no matter how you try to rationalize it . Do not say this is my opinion because it is fact .
As far as all the distaste for LEd users .... some choose to play a game for its mechanics . I keep LE in so that i can spend my time focusing on having fun rather than watching over my shoulder . Dont bring RP into this because half the time PKers are from the same or allied factions . Factions mean nothing in this game so an LE allows you to enjoy the games scenery in relative safety . Im sure once a person sees it all the LE will come out for a new experience , but i think the LE is a great way for everyone to enjoy the game .
Its a good thing that vehicles can be destroyed but some common courtesy has to go into it as well .

Babes
26-04-04, 11:48
No, you are too good for saturn. Please leave cause we don't deserve you.

looks at "Ezekial Stone" Join Date and No of Posts "April 2004".... :rolleyes:

ezza
26-04-04, 11:57
that means nothing Babes

Wilco
26-04-04, 13:22
The fact that a significant proportion of LE users merely use it as a shield from behind which to flame and harass others would likely be involved there somewhere.
Regarding your first sentence here, i'd like to see some proof for that.
I'm playing clanned (Tanks, Spies and Psikers) as well as LEd chars (tradechar-spies) and neither with my LEd tradechars nor with my "yellow" fighters, i have seen this "significant portion" of LE users that are using their LE in an abusive manner!
There is a quite more significant portion of the playerbase out there, who sees NC as a plain 1st person shooter where fraggin doesn't cost more than some seconds till respawn. Here in NC of course, dying means more (although not enough for some ;)), hence this game attracted quite a bunch of ignorant and arrogant imbeciles who's "fun" it is to grief not the char they shoot at, but the player behind the other screen.
But upon this topic whole threads have been discussed already, and fortunately KK realized this early enough as to lessen the restrictions on LE-usage a long time ago...

KK have in fact not said that the LE is intended for permanent use, it's primary function is merely to enable newbies to level up to a point where they can defend themselves. It was never intended for anything more. Removal of the restrictions only made it easier to level with the LE - making permanent LE-users more viable was a side effect, if it was an intended outcome it would be a switch and not an implant.
Again, no proof for that but your plain personal view/opinion.
The contrary is the truth, as KK stated officially, that playing with an LE would be a valid option.
So it is not merely intended to help leveling newbies; it is intended for more and that is, "if you don't want to get ganked senselessly from behind over and over again, simply keep your LE in!"
Implementing it as an implant is simply "storyline based" and is/was a nice feature, as the backgroundstory found some good/nice explanation, why the !LEd chars also couldn' target the "greenies"...

Now while I would not strictly condone the removal of the LE, I do feel that it destroys a large part of NCs atmosphere for both the user and those who meet the user. It restricts, rather than encourages RP, and as far as I can see permanent use of it turns NC into effectively EverQuest FPS.
As i haven't experienced EQ myself, i cannot tell, whether that's positive or negative, so i won't comment on that sentence.
For the other point, we have the "ignore" function. If you don't want to speak to any "greenlighted" char, that's totally ok. If they start to bug/annoy you with harrassment, make a screenshot and report them or simply ignore them.

Those players of LEd chars who want to make PvP (oh yeah, "PvP" just means "Player versus Player" and is NOT reduced to fighting, but to every aspect of Player interaction!) will do so and will actively work on enhancing the "NC atmosphere".
It's the other way round; senseless rPKs forced alot of players of tradechars to replug or to simply (as with my main tradechar) keep the LE in.
It's ok and funny to "feel" the flames, to experience the feeling of cautiousness one has to keep to "watch ones back".
But after all, this is a game in which i want to find some fun playing. Watching ones back is ok. And beeing ganked by rPK let's say once a day while innocently leveling might be bearable also (that is one just "oversees" the idiots who "shoot on sight" even regardless of faction for instance, gets reimped and starts doing PvM again).
Unfortunately, there are too many of those imbecile trigger happies running around NC (reason for attraction: see above) forcing alot of players to keep their LEs in and doing PvP the *cooperative way*.

If some people want that, then fair enough, but under no circumstances should concessions be made to those players which would restrict non-LE users. NC's appeal is primarily in PvP and the atmosphere, the LE restricts both of those. Making life easier on LE users isn't a problem, but it becomes one when KK begin to limit the things which attract their target audience.
It's not KK limiting the things that attract their target audience, it's the part of the audience that limits an MMORPG due to playergriefing en gros and en detail!
Part of NCs "appeal" lies in combat PvP. Most of it (as i see it) lies in the "Shadowrun" atmosphere of world/background and equipment.

But don't worry, if there won't be massive changes with BDoY towards this "Runner-atmosphere" (regarding char-involvement and missions as well as automated scripted runs), you won't need to pity the !LEd chars, as there won't be many chars left who decide to stay and play with an LE.
Unfortunately, BDoY seems to become a big "north vs south" kind of Teamfortress...
According to their "peeks", KK decides to simplify the friend-foe system, taking away the emphasis from the factions towards a "good vs evil" conflict.
Taking into account the background stories of the different factions, every faction had their own dignity. Although TGs are "terrorists" in the view of CA, the story behind it had the guerilla/partisan approach, in which Reeza & the CA is the evil who repeatedly perform acts of "state-terrorism".
The same with the companies, whos "pros" and "cons" totally lie upon their "gains of profit" and the personal relationships of their leaders... Or the stories from FA and CM... what great seeds to spin stories and political webs and intrigues...
All that levelled down to some big "2-faction" good vs evil battle... how disappointing!

But as long as NCs story and world is viable for some *talking interaction*, has some need for highleveled tradechars as well as KKs statement stays, that playing with an installed LE is a valid option, "under all circumstances should concessions" and measures be taken to prevent LEd chars and their "way of play" from ignorant childish approaches of "hah, my dick's mightier than yours!"

This is a case in point - making vehicles registered to LE users invulnerable to other players results in a potentially very serious exploit at OP wars, which I mentioned on the first page. You can't just say "Send a message to a GM if it happens", by the time anything is done the fight is already over, if someone loses as a result of an exploit like that they are far more likely to just log off than report it, and if they win they are likely to use it fuel abuse over the trade channels than report it. Besides the fact that due to a problem with Rhino occupants not appearing in local, the culprit would be difficult to identify anyway.
As it is already a "written down" exploit, when an LEd char keeps staying in a dungeon, although called upon leaving; a vehicle occupied by an LEd that is blocking an OP-entrance (at war-time) should indeed be of the same quality and be punished as exploiting (make screenshot and report. No report, no sentence!).
But (as we all read in this forum), a vehicle that is just "registered" to an LEd char, isn't invulnerable. Only when an LEd sits in there!
So you always have a char to speak to (and report). If it's a Rhino and the drivers/passengers aren't visible, then that's a BUG, KK has to react to by reshowing the names on local, and not by taking away invulnerablity from vehicles occupied by LEd chars!
Or if it's a feature, that you cannot see your enemies name, while they're in a fully enclosed & gastight vehicle, KK may want to decide to at least make the names of the LEd occupants visible again.

As i have written further up, my experience is, that a vehicle (a rhino in my case) that is occupied also with a !LEd char, looses it's invulnerability, which is absolutely OK!
Again, if that sometimes isn't the case, and it happens, that a !LEd gunner can take out his/her enemies while sitting in an invulnerable Rhino, that's a BUG KK has to overcome (obviously KK is able to detect and differentiate between LE and !LE occupants, thus it's a debugging of this check that is the solution, and not the disabling of invulnerablity of LE-driven verhicle for !LE-chars [who shoot at it]).

It's the same reason (grief) as why lots of playes reactively decided to play WITH an LE installed. A left alone vehicle can be blown up, that's bad enough. But you propose to take away the only option an LEd char has to save his/her vehicle from destruction by reentering and (possibly) driving away...

Bad enough, that OP-turrents attack LE'd chars who cannot defend against these "NPC"-agressors, but your overall approach [i]"under no circumstances should concessions be made to those players which would restrict non-LE users" is of such an arrogant selfishness, that i could't keep myself from taking part for "the other side"...

As one cannot replug the LE after skilllevel 30 anymore, the "proportion" of runners who plug the LE in to spy at OPs, to bully around or simply to harass and make fun of their emenies should have been reduced "significantly" since then...
Those who have enough money to buy themselves another account just for LEtype-playergriefing have severe personal dysfunctions and solutions to their problems should neither be KKs part nor being taken over upon the backs of regular and friendly customers.

Regards, Wilco

Babes
26-04-04, 13:35
Excellent Contribution to the thread. Thats for that wilco. :)

Scikar
26-04-04, 15:34
Regarding your first sentence here, i'd like to see some proof for that.
I'm playing clanned (Tanks, Spies and Psikers) as well as LEd chars (tradechar-spies) and neither with my LEd tradechars nor with my "yellow" fighters, i have seen this "significant portion" of LE users that are using their LE in an abusive manner!
There is a quite more significant portion of the playerbase out there, who sees NC as a plain 1st person shooter where fraggin doesn't cost more than some seconds till respawn. Here in NC of course, dying means more (although not enough for some ;)), hence this game attracted quite a bunch of ignorant and arrogant imbeciles who's "fun" it is to grief not the char they shoot at, but the player behind the other screen.
But upon this topic whole threads have been discussed already, and fortunately KK realized this early enough as to lessen the restrictions on LE-usage a long time ago...
I have at least 10 screenshots of LE users hiding behind it and sending me just as much abuse as you get from these 'greifers'. But to post them here is harassment, which is the only reason I have not already done so.

It's funny, you see none of these LE users, I see few actual greifers in the game. You got shot by someone from an enemy faction? Well what did you expect? That in a post apocalyptic world with no laws outside of the city, everyone would still behave?

Again, no proof for that but your plain personal view/opinion.
The contrary is the truth, as KK stated officially, that playing with an LE would be a valid option.
So it is not merely intended to help leveling newbies; it is intended for more and that is, "if you don't want to get ganked senselessly from behind over and over again, simply keep your LE in!"
Implementing it as an implant is simply "storyline based" and is/was a nice feature, as the backgroundstory found some good/nice explanation, why the !LEd chars also couldn' target the "greenies"...
I can start here:

Neocron is a _PvP_ game.
There are better ones, give me some time and I will find them.

If you don't want to get ganked from behind, don't go to places where it is not safe. In real life, do you go to a dark, seedy part of some Nigerian city, and then are surprised when someone sticks a knife between your ribs and steals your wallet?

I have yet to see a satisfactory RP explanation for the LE, and I challenge you to provide one. Until then, I stand by my point - the LE destroys the atmosphere of danger in Neocron and it hampers RP. Why would KK go to all the trouble of making the player feel like he's in danger, make him scared and worried, creating an amazing atmosphere not encountered very often in any game, and then destroy it with the LE chip?

As i haven't experienced EQ myself, i cannot tell, whether that's positive or negative, so i won't comment on that sentence.
For the other point, we have the "ignore" function. If you don't want to speak to any "greenlighted" char, that's totally ok. If they start to bug/annoy you with harrassment, make a screenshot and report them or simply ignore them.
It is most definitely a negative one - if you want to hunt monsters all day long and trade the loot with other players, without ever fighting another player, there are a bucketload of MMORPGs which do it 10x better than Neocron does. If NC changes to be more like them, it will die, 100% guaranteed.

Those players of LEd chars who want to make PvP (oh yeah, "PvP" just means "Player versus Player" and is NOT reduced to fighting, but to every aspect of Player interaction!) will do so and will actively work on enhancing the "NC atmosphere".
It's the other way round; senseless rPKs forced alot of players of tradechars to replug or to simply (as with my main tradechar) keep the LE in.
It's ok and funny to "feel" the flames, to experience the feeling of cautiousness one has to keep to "watch ones back".
But after all, this is a game in which i want to find some fun playing. Watching ones back is ok. And beeing ganked by rPK let's say once a day while innocently leveling might be bearable also (that is one just "oversees" the idiots who "shoot on sight" even regardless of faction for instance, gets reimped and starts doing PvM again).
Unfortunately, there are too many of those imbecile trigger happies running around NC (reason for attraction: see above) forcing alot of players to keep their LEs in and doing PvP the *cooperative way*.
Too many? There are no RPKs left in Neocron. They all left after the SL and belt changes. When was the last time you saw someone with red SL? And when was the last time it wasn't through accidentally hitting vendors at an OP war?

It's not KK limiting the things that attract their target audience, it's the part of the audience that limits an MMORPG due to playergriefing en gros and en detail!
Part of NCs "appeal" lies in combat PvP. Most of it (as i see it) lies in the "Shadowrun" atmosphere of world/background and equipment.
You're going to have to explain yourself here, because I have never played Shadowrun. KK have taken steps to incorporate greifing into NC. If you want to randomly gank people, you lose SL. You turn red, appear on CityComs, get killed by CopBots, have no safeslot, and drop 5 items. Instead of the game doing everything for everyone, KK encourages the players to take it upon themselves to hunt down these RPKers and eliminate them. They choose to live a life of ganking others, and they must accept the consequences for it. There was a great post by MJS explaining all this, I wish he would post something like it again.

But don't worry, if there won't be massive changes with BDoY towards this "Runner-atmosphere" (regarding char-involvement and missions as well as automated scripted runs), you won't need to pity the !LEd chars, as there won't be many chars left who decide to stay and play with an LE.
Unfortunately, BDoY seems to become a big "north vs south" kind of Teamfortress...
According to their "peeks", KK decides to simplify the friend-foe system, taking away the emphasis from the factions towards a "good vs evil" conflict.
Taking into account the background stories of the different factions, every faction had their own dignity. Although TGs are "terrorists" in the view of CA, the story behind it had the guerilla/partisan approach, in which Reeza & the CA is the evil who repeatedly perform acts of "state-terrorism".
The same with the companies, whos "pros" and "cons" totally lie upon their "gains of profit" and the personal relationships of their leaders... Or the stories from FA and CM... what great seeds to spin stories and political webs and intrigues...
All that levelled down to some big "2-faction" good vs evil battle... how disappointing!
9 times out of 10, when allied factions fight each other, it is because of other alliances interfering. Example: TG and FA are allies. TG and CM are enemies, FA and CM are allies. TG are struggling in a fight, call in FA to help. Being allies, they do so. FA and CM are now fighting against each other. The DoY system will prevent this. Why is it so surprising? BioTech and Tangent will now simply be neutral instead of enemies, which makes perfect sense. I'm CA. Why would I let Tangent and BioTech runners shoot each other within the city while TG terrorists overrun all of the pro-city outposts? Why would I allow Tangent and BioTech runners to have HQs in the city when they refuse to help defend the city against Black Dragon thugs? The factions will still be encouraged to compete with each other, as they should, but they will have to keep such fights behind closed doors, where they belong.

But as long as NCs story and world is viable for some *talking interaction*, has some need for highleveled tradechars as well as KKs statement stays, that playing with an installed LE is a valid option, "under all circumstances should concessions" and measures be taken to prevent LEd chars and their "way of play" from ignorant childish approaches of "hah, my dick's mightier than yours!"
Show me the statement. I distinctly remember KK saying the LE is a levelling tool, though I cannot find it. However I do not remember them saying that permanent LE use is suddenly one of their priorities. Make it viable, sure, what's wrong with that? But there's no way in hell KK would make LE use an expected feature of NC. If half the population used LEs, there would be no atmosphere at all. Everybody is against the kids in this game, not just LE users. And so is KK - thus the SL system. That argument doesn't help your LE cause at all.

As it is already a "written down" exploit, when an LEd char keeps staying in a dungeon, although called upon leaving; a vehicle occupied by an LEd that is blocking an OP-entrance (at war-time) should indeed be of the same quality and be punished as exploiting (make screenshot and report. No report, no sentence!).
But (as we all read in this forum), a vehicle that is just "registered" to an LEd char, isn't invulnerable. Only when an LEd sits in there!
So you always have a char to speak to (and report). If it's a Rhino and the drivers/passengers aren't visible, then that's a BUG, KK has to react to by reshowing the names on local, and not by taking away invulnerablity from vehicles occupied by LEd chars!
Or if it's a feature, that you cannot see your enemies name, while they're in a fully enclosed & gastight vehicle, KK may want to decide to at least make the names of the LEd occupants visible again.
As I already said, that is simply not good enough. I go to an OP fight for the fight. If I find my opponents are exploiting with an LEd Rhino, I will have to take screenshots and report them. I can sit in the queue for an hour waiting for a GM to do something about it, by which time the Rhino is gone. But I can't prove who it is (yes it's a bug, but there's no sign of it being fixed, just like many other bugs in this game, so it can't be simply ignored) through e-mail, so I cannot get anything done. Meanwhile, all of my clan mates have logged off in frustration and gone to play a different game. It happens at every fight for a week, and they cancel their accounts, and quit. Great solution.

As i have written further up, my experience is, that a vehicle (a rhino in my case) that is occupied also with a !LEd char, looses it's invulnerability, which is absolutely OK!
Again, if that sometimes isn't the case, and it happens, that a !LEd gunner can take out his/her enemies while sitting in an invulnerable Rhino, that's a BUG KK has to overcome (obviously KK is able to detect and differentiate between LE and !LE occupants, thus it's a debugging of this check that is the solution, and not the disabling of invulnerablity of LE-driven verhicle for !LE-chars [who shoot at it]).
Of course, and it has nothing to do with the discussion whatsoever.

It's the same reason (grief) as why lots of playes reactively decided to play WITH an LE installed. A left alone vehicle can be blown up, that's bad enough. But you propose to take away the only option an LEd char has to save his/her vehicle from destruction by reentering and (possibly) driving away...
Not the only one. There are several others:
1) Leave your vehicle in a garage when you're not using it.
2) Leave it in an out of the way place. After 3 minutes of being unoccupied, a vehicle cannot be destroyed, so you just have to find somewhere that it will not be found in the next 3 minutes.
3) Don't go by vehicle to areas like Cycrow where you know there will be enemies who will want to destroy it.

Bad enough, that OP-turrents attack LE'd chars who cannot defend against these "NPC"-agressors, but your overall approach [i]"under no circumstances should concessions be made to those players which would restrict non-LE users" is of such an arrogant selfishness, that i could't keep myself from taking part for "the other side"...
It is no different to your selfishness. You want to make your vehicles invulnerable, and doing so will, as I showed, possibly cause entire clans to quit the game. You are advocating a change which would result in an exploit which could potentially ruin the fun of OP wars for 90% of the players, just so that your hovertec doesn't get blown up when you ride it straight into a bunch of enemies at Cycrow. And I'm the one being selfish?

As one cannot replug the LE after skilllevel 30 anymore, the "proportion" of runners who plug the LE in to spy at OPs, to bully around or simply to harass and make fun of their emenies should have been reduced "significantly" since then...
Not so. You yourself have tradeskiller chars with LEs. It's perfectly plausible for someone to create an LE'd constructor or other tradeskiller for their clan, and also use that char to harass people and spy at OP wars. 1 character slot out of 4, and it's being used for a tradeskiller, so they have nothing to lose. The proportion has not decreased at all, only the actual numbers, and that's because of low population overall.

Those who have enough money to buy themselves another account just for LEtype-playergriefing have severe personal dysfunctions and solutions to their problems should neither be KKs part nor being taken over upon the backs of regular and friendly customers.
But they exist, just like those greifers you keep mentioning. You don't want greifers to shoot you in the back, I don't want these people to use their LEs to harass me and stop me fighting at OP wars. What's the difference? You can take your LE out, and shoot a greifer, and kill him. I can't get rid of an LE user. But it's perfectly fine in your mind, to protect yourself from the greifers, despite the fact that in doing so you open the route for LE-using greifers to harass me. And yet you call me selfish.

Archeus
26-04-04, 15:49
I have a red character now and an LE character. My LE character is only wearing an LE as he is no where near at a level to fight back reasonably well. Other then that it is very cheap to keep the LE in and until I can get to a farming level of fighting there is no point.

Red Character is intresting in that I am always kept on my toes. I can't rest for a second. Good rush though.

ezza
26-04-04, 15:56
i was red other day, got -22 after killing some mercs and a idiot BD, but no way would i play as a red char on a permanant basic with the rules the way they are, even with the ability of the ppus i have backing me up

Organics
26-04-04, 16:46
Not the only one. There are several others:
1) Leave your vehicle in a garage when you're not using it.
2) Leave it in an out of the way place. After 3 minutes of being unoccupied, a vehicle cannot be destroyed, so you just have to find somewhere that it will not be found in the next 3 minutes.
3) Don't go by vehicle to areas like Cycrow where you know there will be enemies who will want to destroy it.

re: point 2.

Is that a fact? Odd. I've left several Hovertecs miles out of the way, and been around in the area with them (say shopping in an OP for whatever), and it's been way over 3 minutes. In my case, I died while out gunning my chaincraft, so used a Hovertec to get back to the area quickly. Drove the CC back to the vech depot, then checked the depot an hour or so later. No Hovertec, meaning BOOM!! (It was easily over 3 minutes, more like 10 by the time I was set to drive back to base, so the Hovertec was unattended for a fair while). Not the only hover it's happened to either, not too bothered, since they aren't hugely expensive but if they are meant to be untouchable after 3 mins, well, it doesn't work very often :p

re: point 3.

Enemies wanting to destroy your vech at Cycrow/CRP? Don't you mean everyone, whether they are red/neutral/allied ? :p Getting out of a vech at a busy time in Cycrow/CRP is madness, it'll be BOOM!'d in seconds, probably before you even get time to go to the Gogo :lol: Only the other day I had some TG moron following me around wasting CS and Dev ammo attempting to blow up my Chaincraft :lol: I guess he was colourblind, since I had LE in. Made my day anyway, he followed me firing for ages, I just drove slowly so he could keep up :D

Wilco
26-04-04, 21:03
Scikar,
you're absolutely right, that MJS stated that NC is also relying heavily on PvP, that is (in this case) Player vs Player combat.
But AFAIR it has also been stated quite clearly, that this would only be one of the emphasized characteristics of NC.
After all, it's still a MMORPG, isn't it?
I tried to back up the above mentioned statement by an official posting, but faild to find it again, (would have posted it in my initial post, if i had found it) sorry for that.

So we both have issues with some imbecile players who are repeatedly and with joy acting against the primary rule for a cooperative multiplaying, that is: "Always think about what your actions result in towards the player behind the other screen!"

Let's roll that up:
Your "being griefed" consists of 2 points:
-The first is, that they "harass" you verbally. A bannable offence, when being reported to KK.
-The second is unsing an "unwanted" feature in conjunction with a bug (LEd rhino shutting off an OPs entrance)

The idiots from point one can safely being "shut down" by setting them to ignore or even being banned for the harassments (-> solvable problem).
To overcome point two is (as i have to admit) far more tricky. Even after thinking about a fast solution or workaround, i haven't been able to come up with one.
You prefer a "quick and dirty" approach for the problem by just disabling the invulnerability of LE-used vehicles. And from your point of view, no "harm" is done, because those "LEd chickens and carebears" don't deserve the same rights in NC, because NC is "a PvP game", correct?
Well, as i only own one account, and my main spy on the german 1-char server is LEd (while the one on the english 1-char server is a clanned psiker), i have to take another point of view. According to my readings (or my understanding of some official postings and announcements) both "ways of play" are equally valid.
Thus my point of view towards your 2nd issue is "either force KK to fix the bug properly", or just live with it (as we all live with several very annoying bugs in NC).

My point in "being griefed" are the simple minded sociopaths without any respect for the other chars players.
Fortunately, KK had already implemented a viable solution against the dreaded rPKers i (and many others) have been griefed for too long. So even when it initially might just have been implemented to give lowbies a little "security" for taking their first steps in NC, the real fortune was that it gave a viable option against the sociopathic rPKs.
And it has been like this for the last two years now!

As rPKs are no bannable offences (playergriefing is forbidden also, but the problem lies in proving the intended griefing), KKs point of view on this topic was always "keep your LEs in".

I think we both could live with (or fight against) each other and still show respect for the other players "skills" and dignity. Unfortunately, there are too many "mentally challenged" players out there, we have to cope with...

I would love to see your way of play being undisturbed, and as i (and the ones who play my "way of play") don't interfere with your "way" in the game, i think we could live without hurting each others fun.
As this doesn't seem possible in "the real NC world" ;) , i have to take take my standpoint while you have to take yours.

We will see, how KK solves these issues.
Either we can play together (or at least side by side) in BDoY, or (as i'm, afraid) one of our "ways to play the game" will end.
We will see, how this will affect the old playerbase that still holds out in the Game and stands faithful to KK.
The times when i have been griefed by rPKers for one time to much (thus deciding to reroll and keep the LE in), the "penalty" of SL loss was obviously too weak, to keep them away from my mid- and uppermidlevel tradechars (faction enemies as well as neutral or allies on the "prowl in leveling sektors")...

Regards, Wilco

P.S.: "Shadowrun" is (as well as Cyberpunk) based on (or better "derived" from) the Gibson novels. It is mainly a P&P RPG (produced by FASA) but there are also some novels written for/in the Shadowrun universe.

Ezekial Stone
26-04-04, 22:24
looks at "Ezekial Stone" Join Date and No of Posts "April 2004".... :rolleyes:

Looks at old forum account with 800 posts and join date of September 2002. ::middle finger::