PDA

View Full Version : My dear Crahn.... NF 1 Deck 7... GO THERE!

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 07:05
I'm still in shambles... I've spent well in excess of a year in Neocron and I completely missed this architectural GEM. A beauty beyond compare.

The perfect zone. Period.

More gorgeous than Via Rosso. Taller than any City Sector. An actual Day/Night cycle. Actual trees. A burbling stream. Trees. Little parks set off the main paths. All that glass. Trees. Advertisement signs. That bridge. Trees. Water. The street lamps.

Snipers and droners have an actual, an serious, a competitive edge in this zone. Every class has their chance to shine in here. It's perfect.

It's too beautiful. I want to cry in joy.

This suprise reaffirms my faith and undying loyalty to Reakktor. Those dreamers. Those artists. Those bringers of light and hope and beauty and grace.

I'm going to live there.

And I demand that Via Rosso 4 be built in exactly the same way this zone is built. I demand it.

Cytaur
20-04-04, 07:07
the most gorgeous zones are the ones that are underused....

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 07:19
Too fucking true!

That's going to change, I promise you. i'm going to make them famous.

Kal
20-04-04, 08:09
i think that was the original model they made for the plaza sectors, but eventually chose the current one and kept that in NF cause it was too good to waste :p

Parappa
20-04-04, 08:56
That is a beatiful zone indeed.

amfest
20-04-04, 09:35
yea it's unused imo cause I mostly see people in NF chatting, hanging out with the enemy, testing setups, testing dmg, and Duels. I have yet to drop in and see a every man for himself. And if it is everyone it's typically 6 agains 1 or something stupid like that . . where all the friends just gang up on certain (low level) people who chose to join a NF match. And even while standing there watching duels you'll typicaly have that tank with his CS come up to you and blast you point black with his dev or CS. :rolleyes:

But yes I've always liked that zone but there are so many places to hide and I've only been in small 1 on 1 or a FFA with only 3. So I've only been there a few times. There are some nice hiding spaces although i wish there were a few more. I dont' think droners would work out well cause any class can just run loops with their lucridious runspeeds and find them in no time.

Still I want an NF map with vehicle capabilites. And crazy manable turrents that are super overpowered. So if someone can reach the turrent he can jump inside and be protected and then it's up to whoever to get a vehicle or everyone to blast the heck out of em. Carnage! NF should also be the only place where you can see gibs :P

Glad we could show you a place you've never seen Heavy

hinch
20-04-04, 10:04
told you :angel:

olavski
20-04-04, 10:08
but the pics on that other thread do not work anymore :(

And i'm sure i've never visited a NF section with a bridge, river etc. must check it out soon i suppose.

amfest
20-04-04, 10:48
okay i hope this doesn't kill my attachment thing but here are the images from the other thread .. my isp seems to be acting funny on my uploaded images .. ug .deleted my neocron directory >_<

and there is a max of 5 images on the post so i couldn't post the last 2 images .. was just some other areas from the upstairs views . ..

n3m
20-04-04, 11:03
plaza should look like that

ezza
20-04-04, 12:06
ya thats a nice place, had a great free for all battle when i was a titan in there, its a better lay out than the others

J. Folsom
20-04-04, 13:00
I posted those a while ago on my screenshots thread (Which I won't be linking to anymore now, considering quite a lot of the images there are dead links now), anyway here's the 5 shots I took of the neofrag area you were talking about.

The shots were all made sure to be below 100 kb in size, so I'd advise people with slower connections to check them out too, might still take a while, but not too incredibly long.

*Waits for Ezza to post his tank pic*

ezza
20-04-04, 13:36
think people have seen enough of my tank...... for the time being :D

hinch
20-04-04, 13:38
i havent show me show me

olavski
20-04-04, 14:05
Yep, never been there but that sure looks nice.

Q`alooaith
20-04-04, 15:50
there are more zone's like this..

The current city zone's are not too bad, just the way they are textured makes them feel wrong..

Benjie
20-04-04, 17:07
The area is totally buggy though. I would love for an area like that to become incorporated into the Main City, but It would need a lot of revision.

The structure of the map is a bit messed up, and wouldn't work that well for a main city area.

Personally, I prefere Plaza 2 over NF deck 7.

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 17:09
What the hell are you on, benjie? Plaza Two better than that map?

Dude, that map makes Via Rosso look like a slum zone.

A filthy, unwashed, cumbly, piss-stained, dead, decrescent slum.

By Crahn's itchy left nut, I want an apartment in NF 1 Deck 7. I'd pay ten million bucks for an apt there..

Lafiel
20-04-04, 17:11
i like plaza 2 also, moreso for the layout

amfest
20-04-04, 19:13
Well Like making instead of protopharma connecting from via 2 to plaza 2 have a via 4 that looks like that deck . . a winding beautiful walkway. No stores just beautiful scenery and some really really nice apt lifts. Well maybe a restraunt, a bar, NPCs that actaually walk around and go up apt lifts. Come down go and sit in the restraunt chairs and say random things. hmm what about the proto hq? well you can take out that hew shop that's on the bottom level under the proto HQ entrance and turn that into the proto HQ that goes undernearth via 4 walkway. It can still connect to plaza 2 if they etch out a doorway on the ground area near the hew shops in plaza 2.

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 19:24
anyone know what the Neo Terra is that NF1D7 is referring to?

hinch
20-04-04, 19:36
terra means earth/world so neo earth ? doesnt make any sense

mystery8
20-04-04, 21:22
Ever notice how a few of the NeoFrag maps seem to be inspired by NC's storyline?
NF1 Deck 4 feels like the old city of Jeriko, the city the Crahn destroyed and built Neocron over.
NF2 Deck 4 is a spaceship. Maybe one of the ships on the "Great Trek" to Irata III? Or perhaps the StarCruiser the Chinese launched before the third world war?
NF1 Deck 3 (NeoTerra) kinda feels to me like an older version of Neocron city.

Just thought that was kinda neat.

jiga
20-04-04, 21:42
It would be nice to have that as a new zone when doy comes out. Just so the NC folk don't feel they are missing out on seeing the doy city

J. Folsom
20-04-04, 21:48
terra means earth/world so neo earth ? doesnt make any senseNeo = New, Terra = Earth, so Neo Terra = New Earth

In quite a lot of the post-acolyptic things I've seen, it's generally the case that the Earth get's referred as the new Earth after the apocalypse.

Of course, that doesn't explain why it's "Neo Terra family entertainment", though I suppose it could be an originally planned faction which was attempting to restore the Earth to it's former state. With it's little signs in that Neofrag arena being the last references to it.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 00:06
HMm... pretty good idea, there, J...

could also be an entertainment company as well, got hired to program that deck or maybe paid TS to set it up or something... ... that's a paradise deck there.

Connell
21-04-04, 12:06
I dont understand why more people dont hang around in plaza 4, i love it there. Theyve got a nice walkway over crytons, a 3 story shopping complex, the nicest garriots by far and alot of people have apps there.

ezza
21-04-04, 12:12
I dont understand why more people dont hang around in plaza 4, i love it there. Theyve got a nice walkway over crytons, a 3 story shopping complex, the nicest garriots by far and alot of people have apps there.
well plaza 2 has the advantage that it has a nice GR area, and is nearer to PP1 , plaza 1 is still the pro city hub because it has all the shops needed there and again it is near to PP1.

although plaza 4 is nice, its not got any real reason to go there

mystery8
21-04-04, 21:20
Plaza 1 & 2 also have subway links. Plaza 4 does not.
Plaza 4's a great zone, but its just easier for people to hang out in Plaza 2.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 21:41
It's just wrong that the sector with NExT HQ in it wouldn't have a subway link or VentureWarp terminal.

Just wrong...

Connell
22-04-04, 18:39
Personally, I prefere Plaza 2 over NF deck 7.

You prefer it because of its functions, or the way it looks?
In my opinion plaza 2 is a boring area, theres no real spaces just passages