PDA

View Full Version : The Amiga

Mingerroo
20-04-04, 00:12
Hi there. I managed to crush my Workbench 2.04 disk, and now I need a new one and they are nowhere to be found. Does anyone know if it is possible to download the disk on a windows system, and write it to floppy using a special Windows->Amiga formatter and writer?

Steve

Benjie
20-04-04, 00:25
Atari > Amiga.

Hehe just like the old days. ;)

I wish I could help. :)

Mingerroo
20-04-04, 00:27
Yeah. So I'm looking for HELP, like helpful comments, or helpful advice, or helpful directions. :p

Can anyone do anything to HELP me, rather than ignore me?

Steve

ChronoX
20-04-04, 00:27
It is possible to download it, but i won't provide any link because it would be illegal. :angel:

Mingerroo
20-04-04, 00:55
Oh ok. Then I guess that means I better stop asking *cough*mingerroo@yahoo.co.uk*cough*

And it isn't illegal for ME because I have the original disks, just in pieces. In much the same way that backing stuff up isn't illegal if you retain the original CD.

Steve

ChronoX
20-04-04, 01:06
Have wb 3.1 my self.

Lexxuk
20-04-04, 02:35
arnt pc disks compatible with amiga, just amiga formatted not compatible with pc's? So would be just a case of finding workbench somewhere *coffcoff google coffcoff*

ChronoX
20-04-04, 02:38
arnt pc disks compatible with amiga, just amiga formatted not compatible with pc's? So would be just a case of finding workbench somewhere *coffcoff google coffcoff*

http://yourdreamnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/ADF_to_Amiga_Disk

IceStorm
20-04-04, 05:19
You're making me want to fire up my AmigaOne and see if I can get anywhwere with it. It's been five months. Maybe they've got it working with V5-5500 PCI now...

Superbron
20-04-04, 08:06
Correct: pc disk are formatted 720k and amgia disks 880k.

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 12:22
SWOS > all

]v[ortice
20-04-04, 12:34
OMG SWOS... THE fucking best football game ever bar none.

I so loved that game ^^

Ithaqua
20-04-04, 12:35
Using CrossDos an amiga is capable of reading a 720KB PC Floppy, but you'll never get it to work the other way without altering the crystal in the drive.

you'd probably be better off seeing if you can get hold of an old amiga with the WB3 Roms and Disks, or just the parts.

Superbron
20-04-04, 14:12
:D
SWOS > all
YEAH!!!! Man, I am gonna play this one once again soon. Best football game ever!!!

ezza
20-04-04, 14:26
SWOS > all
damn right

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 14:44
Best player in the game... Claudio Canniga, 1.6 million better than baggio, romario, stoichkov :)

God that game made me fail my leavign certificate exams :D

Lexxuk
20-04-04, 14:59
You run a PC, why bother with an Amiga? Just go to GoOgLe and search for Amiga in a box, get your PC to do some hard work :p

Strych9
20-04-04, 15:54
Anyone try the amiga emulator? I bought it- making a full emulator PC box to hook up to my HDTV.

The emulator (will post link later) even has a digitized floppy sound... exact sound of the amiga 500 floppy drive. VERY well done, works great.

Oh..

Speedball II > all

Superbron
20-04-04, 16:00
Speedball II > all
:D Icecream Icecream! :lol:

ezza
20-04-04, 16:14
:D Icecream Icecream! :lol:
i was disappointed when they took that out, thats why the amiga version pwnd others

Superbron
20-04-04, 16:22
i was disappointed when they took that out, thats why the amiga version pwnd others
Yeah, sometimes little changes make a hugh difference.

FirestarXL
20-04-04, 19:51
Amiga > j00

You can get this Amiga emulater CD at game (or was it somewhere else) that has all kinds of crazy shit on it, might find what you're looking for on there.

But otherwise, it'll all be freeware on the net somewhere (except the actual Workbench 2 data of course)

Mingerroo
20-04-04, 21:42
I've got two amiga emulator CDs with the emulator and a tonne of ROMs, but it just isn't the same as cracking out an ancient machine and getting it running, maintaining it, setting it up to communicate with a PC (tis possible).

:( I guess ebay is my only hope :(

Steve

Organics
20-04-04, 21:48
Syndicate > all ^^

Oh yeah, and Cannon Fodder :D

Dru Blood
20-04-04, 23:20
Syndicate > all ^^

Oh yeah, and Cannon Fodder :D

... go to your brother kill him with a gun, leave him lying in his uniform, dying in the sun.... WAR der der da der der der

cf was the win.

borlegan
21-04-04, 15:00
I have an Amiga and still turning it on some times :)

I can provide you with the Workbench by mail

ezza
21-04-04, 15:44
... go to your brother kill him with a gun, leave him lying in his uniform, dying in the sun.... WAR der der da der der der

cf was the win.
lmao totally forgot about the original cannon fodder, and ya the first syndicate was the win

rob444
21-04-04, 16:45
PANG! and Dogs of war on ATARI.

Hunter was cool too, 3D ;)

Dru Blood
21-04-04, 18:37
hang on a second which amiga vet like me remembers gloom???

the rip of doom haahaa was cool as fuck if you couldnt afford a pc at the time :D

Kenjuten
22-04-04, 05:18

cf was the win.I have the .mod file to listen to of CF if anyone wants it :D

heheh, I used to own an amiga as a kid...Black Cauldron was like my fave game...it's only real bad point was that you had limited time to play the game, cuz first you'd get hungry, then you'd starve, then you'd die, and then your pig like runs away or something and gets captured by this dark warlord who needs the pig to control the universe or some shit like that there. O_o

(Edit: The storyline/plot was most likely diff, but it's been YEARS...years, since.)

At least its pixellated nature was aestethical.....

I have a shitload of amiga disks on me, even though my amiga went up and died somewhere around my age of 10...still have the old joystick I used to have for it tho..

A final word for my real amiga....Battle Chess & Defender of the Crown Amiga Editions ruled all.

Organics
22-04-04, 17:03
hang on a second which amiga vet like me remembers gloom???

the rip of doom haahaa was cool as fuck if you couldnt afford a pc at the time :D

Hahaha Gloom was teh win :D I had that for my A1200, really quite cool, if incredibly hard.

@Kenjuten lol :D PM me, I'd like to hear that tune again ;) And ya, Battlechess totally rocked.

@Ezza, yes, Syndicate was brilliant, insanely hard at times but great nonetheless. The expansion made it impossibly hard though. (Syndicate Wars on the PC was excellent too, again, incredibly difficult).