PDA

View Full Version : Suggeston to KK: Server Merges

MegaCorp
19-04-04, 22:41
Suggestion for KK:

Put some time into building a tool that lets you folks merge server populations. Wherever there is a duplication of name just add a random sequence onto the end to make those names temporarilly unique; be sure to update clan member entries and apartment ownership as well. Clans would also be moved, with clan names being similarly modified when duplicates are found. Lastly, provide a simple renaming feature in a patch that coincides with the mergers so that people who got unlucky and received those random tags can change their names (either a little bit or a lot) to make them somewhat happy again (even if they grumble because they lost a cool name). This rename would be a one-time only thing that occurs the first time you log in a character on a merged server. Since a clan leader can already change his/her clan's name, no new programming will be needed for that part.

Do this even if you have to take the servers down for a week to perform the mergers. The result would [hopefully] be a healthy enough subset of servers wth larger communities to last until BDoY.

Spook

jiga
19-04-04, 22:42
There is no need to have 3 english servers.

HellBreaker
19-04-04, 22:51
There is no need to have 3 english servers.i agree :) 3 english servers are a bit to much i would love to see one server that i play on hit 500 or something like that. that would kick ass. *looks at eve online* it has 7000 users online at its not so busy times. *thinks wot it would be like if neocron was like that* laggy, tons of fights, pokers online and a bit more interseting :) lol :rolleyes:

Sorontar
19-04-04, 23:11
Yeah drop everyone onto Pluto and make them chose their favourite character ;)

Shadow Dancer
19-04-04, 23:13
I like the idea. I think a server merge is the way to go.

The only problem is merging a single slot server with a multi slot.

I have no idea how you would solve that. The pluto players think 1 slot is hardcore ( :rolleyes: ) and saturn/uranus players don't really deserve to lose their chars in a merge.

hrmm

How about making the "new" server 2 slot, and giving some type of compensation to people who lost chars?

jiga
19-04-04, 23:14
Yeah drop everyone onto Pluto and make them chose their favourite character ;)
Done make me come over there :)

El_MUERkO
19-04-04, 23:16
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96854

See this thread for allot of peoples opinions from a week ago :)

I'm also in favour of a server merge.

HellBreaker
19-04-04, 23:19
How about making the "new" server 2 slot, and giving some type of compensation to people who lost chars?
i wouldn't mined that but the 2 char's i would chose both have the same name lol

MegaCorp
19-04-04, 23:20
See this thread for allot of peoples opinions from a week ago
Missed that i guess. But on the other hand, if KK sees this idea often enough and LOUD enough and from enough people .... maybe they'll take the hint.

Spook

jiga
19-04-04, 23:22
Just make one big super server which doesn't have lag

Egeon
19-04-04, 23:26
Just make one big super server which doesn't have lag
and while you're at it also make peace all over the world :)

jiga
19-04-04, 23:29
and while you're at it also make peace all over the world :)
ok I'm on it

J. Folsom
19-04-04, 23:29
I can agree with the merge as well, despite being against them before myself...

However, to make up for the influx of players I'd guess that there should be two actual servers (The computer things, not the things you can choose to log in on), one would host one half of the world, one would host the other half.

Preferably busy spots like Plaza 1 and 2 should be on server 1, while the busy levelling spots would be on server 2. Apart from that, give both of them a roughly equal amount of rarely used zones.

HellBreaker
19-04-04, 23:33
However, to make up for the influx of players I'd guess that there should be two actual servers (The computer things, not the things you can choose to log in on), one would host one half of the world, one would host the other half.

Preferably busy spots like Plaza 1 and 2 should be on server 1, while the busy levelling spots would be on server 2. Apart from that, give both of them a roughly equal amount of rarely used zones.
ooooo i like your thinking :)

bounty
19-04-04, 23:44
would love a server merge. anything to get the population up.

Marx
19-04-04, 23:45
ooooo i like your thinking :)
as do I.

:D

retr0n
19-04-04, 23:46
I wouldnt mind a server merge... Would improve this game alot...
I wouldnt even mind my char(s) being called like id03920398293820398...
Just want something to happend... The pluto situation is not pretty atm...

Maloch Octavia
19-04-04, 23:48
As was suggested above by the load sharing on two servers.

Make it a two server account, also as above.

Give each account, the choice to select two characters to take with them.
Those that aren't selected, are deleted.
For name matches, as said, create a new one-off name alter, and add a unique character to the end of identical names.

Create a new, blank world, and move over all selected accounts, and ONLY the indivdual characters, not the Clan details.

For Clans, transfer ONLY the Clan apartments, and the contained items, with every Clan being renamed to something unique, until the owner logs in and renames the Clan to its original. (Maybe)

People can then rejoin original Clans, or not, gives a chance for a clean slate.

You now have a fresh server, with fresh Ops, empty Clans that can simply re-add its members, little in the way of issues, and a two load server share.

Sounds about right.

Marx
19-04-04, 23:51
The only special thing I'd ask for is the possibility to merge accounts. I know that alot of people with alts on Pluto built them out of necessity, "I can't find a cst, so I'll make one and cst for people"... So to be honest, why pay for more when I can easily toss 2 accounts into one.

*shrug*

Benjie
19-04-04, 23:59
Yeah I think merge Uranus with Pluto into a 4 character server.

I play on pluto.

retr0n
20-04-04, 00:04
The only special thing I'd ask for is the possibility to merge accounts. I know that alot of people with alts on Pluto built them out of necessity, "I can't find a cst, so I'll make one and cst for people"... So to be honest, why pay for more when I can easily toss 2 accounts into one.

*shrug*

Well from what i know, it's fully possible to move a char from one account
to another... A friend had a char that had expired, then something happend
to the account and he couldnt reactivate, so they moved his char onto another
one...

Dirk_Gently
20-04-04, 00:04
The problem is that each server has it's own unique identity. They are really all different "worlds". To merge them would be to screw up all of the politics on the servers. We just need the people currently on the servers to play an active role rather than sticking in little cliques or solo rare hunting in the Wastelands. Obviously we'd like more people on the servers but shrinking the number of servers available is not something I consider an option.

Ultimately if I wanted to play on Pluto I would.

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 00:08
NOT in favor of 'server" merges.

Phalanx
20-04-04, 00:28
i like the idea of merging the servers, but not a big fan of having to throw away 2 characters. Maybe if I could keep 3 :D

xenocide
20-04-04, 01:04
We need to join up as a community and agree on a server merge before we bring this idea to KK. Having a thread where some people agree and others disagree isn't going to be very convincing. someone needs to make a thread about merges, and get peoples opinions, and think of ways to make it work out for everyone

Marx
20-04-04, 01:09
We need to join up as a community and agree on a server merge before we bring this idea to KK. Having a thread where some people agree and others disagree isn't going to be very convincing. someone needs to make a thread about merges, and get peoples opinions, and think of ways to make it work out for everyone
isn't the first thread about merging, and it certainly won't be the last.

MegaCorp
20-04-04, 01:14
Well, one way to make it happen is for KK to create the code and tools needed. They then identify a specific server that people can move to *if* they want to ... but it is optional. Then all of us who want a larger community can go ahead and move over. Conceptually, it is simple, but obviously requires real work by KK to make it happen.

My fear is that if KK does not come up with a way to revitalize things, such as merging communities to make a healthier environment, the unhappiness will "snowball".

Spook

P.S. of course there are other ways to "revitalize" the game, such as KK biting the bullet and introducing DBOY as partial updates to us between now and September. But i have the feeling that KK doesnt really believe that there *is* any significant problem at the moment (or at least are unwilling to admit it). So the most likely thing to happen is *nothing* at all ... so the player base will continue to dwindle.

suler
20-04-04, 01:27
I think a server merge is the only way they could make the game worth playing till doy. I was going to say survive but I guess that's wrong because the game is already dead.

Spoon
20-04-04, 01:47
How about advertising the game..
Adding content....
Fixing bugs....
Discount the d/l version....
Adding more content....
Fix more bugs....
Patch more than once every 2 months...
Hotfix what gets broke in the patch....
Add content....
Fix bugs....
Run more events...
Add content....

I think merging servers would just end up pissing more people off...

suler
20-04-04, 01:53
I disagree, I would much rather have people to play with then new content to go explore by myself. The population is the single biggest cause of people quitting and those people quitting cause more people to quit and so on.

Even if it pissed people off they would still play, but playing on an almost dead server won't keep you playing for long.

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 01:57
The problem is that each server has it's own unique identity. They are really all different "worlds". To merge them would be to screw up all of the politics on the servers. We just need the people currently on the servers to play an active role rather than sticking in little cliques or solo rare hunting in the Wastelands. Obviously we'd like more people on the servers but shrinking the number of servers available is not something I consider an option.

It wouldn't screw up the politics, it would change it.

We need to adapt. Unless you want a nice little pluto with 10 people as long as it has it's own politics.

Just remember, doy is 5 months away. 5 months is nearly half a year dude. HALF A YEAR DUDE!!!!!!!!

MegaCorp
20-04-04, 02:07
I was going to say survive but I guess that's wrong because the game is already dead.
Heh, i think its dead too (although obviously not technically since we can still play if we want to). What we have here is a corpse that's still warm. And both i and you other folks are trying to nudge KK into invoking a resurrection spell real quick before the body goes cold and gets buried. There are lots of things KK could try to do. My fear is they will do nothing because they have fooled themselves into believing the body won't be stone-cold dead by September ... at which time BDoY will supposedly revitalize it. Oh well. [fingers firmly crossed]

Spook

P.S. Scary Thought: could be that KK doesnt have the resources to do anything *except* ship BDoY in September ... so they are anxiously hoping that enough of us stick around and that their "relaunch" will be the silver bullet / cash cow they need to make the game successful.

Morganth
20-04-04, 02:14
Personally I feel that if there was a server merge it should be to 4 slots, so that neither Uranus/Saturn players loose out or Pluto players. And for all those "1 slot servers are teh hardcore" type people that will moan, can't you just keep 3 of the 4 slots empty? Then you still only have your one "ub3r" char whilst the majority of the population (i.e. Saturn and Uranus) can keep their 4 chars that they have worked hard on.

And if anyone who plays on both Uranus/Saturn and Pluto complains, make it a 5 slot server :p

eLcHi
20-04-04, 08:15
If you find a decent solution for me ...

Jupiter: 1 Char
Venus: 1 Char
Uranus: 4 Chars
Saturn: 4 Chars
Pluto: 1 Char

my account is almost completely filled (Venus missing ... but no thnx) with highlevel chars ...

What you suggest with a server-merge ? just delete half of them ?

Yeah, right, NEVER !

Besides that i actually like the idea of a merge tbh ...

IceStorm
20-04-04, 09:24
I don't want Saturn or Uranus players on Pluto. I don't need Saturn or Uranus players on Pluto.

Keep your grubby mitts off my server!

athon
20-04-04, 09:36
KK have already said numerous times that a server merge isn't possible under the current system. Remember that it's not just player names which have to be unique, but every item on the server will also have a unique id.

IMO the best way to get a server merge right now is for all those who want it to just move to the same server.

And personally I believe it was a mistake to start with 5 servers, and especially to label them by language. Sure label the servers by server location (so people can judge where they're going to get best pings to, but then since all theservers appear to be in the same place, doesn't matter for NC), but labelling by language just encourages, erm, 'racism', for lack of a better term. Although it doesn't happen as much these days I still occaisionally here comments like 'English server - speak english'.

A small nuber of servers would also allow KK to let the players affect the storyline a lot more. They can't currently do that because they'd have to script for 5 different servers, where as scripting player affected storylines for only 1 or 2 servers would be much easier.

Athon Solo

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 11:54
KK have already said numerous times that a server merge isn't possible under the current system

Where have they said this?

Vampire222
20-04-04, 12:08
merged jupi/pluto server 2 slots? perhaps

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 12:11
KK have already said numerous times that a server merge isn't possible under the current system. Remember that it's not just player names which have to be unique, but every item on the server will also have a unique id.

IMO the best way to get a server merge right now is for all those who want it to just move to the same server.

And personally I believe it was a mistake to start with 5 servers, and especially to label them by language. Sure label the servers by server location (so people can judge where they're going to get best pings to, but then since all theservers appear to be in the same place, doesn't matter for NC), but labelling by language just encourages, erm, 'racism', for lack of a better term. Although it doesn't happen as much these days I still occaisionally here comments like 'English server - speak english'.

A small nuber of servers would also allow KK to let the players affect the storyline a lot more. They can't currently do that because they'd have to script for 5 different servers, where as scripting player affected storylines for only 1 or 2 servers would be much easier.

Athon Solo

As I understand it none of the items are trackable which is why KK are implimenting it in BDOY, I'm thinking all that needs changing is to remove the runner from his clan and if he has a name that matches another runners some random letters are added to his name and the name could then be allowed a once off change after that.

As to people with runners on every server, if KK was werging it would make sense to merge the English servers not all server so french and german stay seperate leaving 3 servers with a total of nine runners. Those nine runners all get moved to a server that is made into a 9 runner server for a period of two weeks. Then after that you chose your favour 4 runners and the other get deleted, you can move all they own to your favourite four so all you loose if leveling time.

OK its not perfect but we get a large active server and to be honest I think that'd bring more runners back to Neocron that BDOY.

Dirk_Gently
20-04-04, 12:42
I disagree almost entirely with what has been said. The problem is not that there are only 150 people on a server it's that of those 150 people only about 20 of them are playing it as a Multiplayer game, the other 130 are playing it like Morrowind.

Presumably the aim is that more people do play the game after BDoY so if kk merge servers when BDoY does come out they'll be face with loads of people whining "I want to go back to Saturn" etc.

It just isn't a viable option. If you want to play on a different server start a character there, it isn't difficult for an experienced play to level quickly.

notneo
20-04-04, 12:45
merging servers may revive the population and it also may have another side affect,more op wars

it seems on any server that one or 2 clans rule the map,now if we had those clans fighting over the op`s it might make more a more interesting life,of couser you need top be a 4 alt server as a lot of us work damn hard to lvl alts

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 13:01

lets be honest...

Uranus: BD own the map most of the time

Saturn: BD own the map most of the time

Pluto: TG(? whatever FF are) own the map most of the time

a server merge would make it battle of the super clans...

s0apy
20-04-04, 13:15
it seems to me that many folks from pluto, at least, are doing their own server merge, i.e. creating new chars on saturn and playing on there most of the time. the issue of merging servers need not arise, simply make it easier for people to move their items to another server, and then allow natural selection to take place.

TBH, it's fairly obvious that this is how KK are banking on server balance working out anyway - by leaving the players to sort it out on their own, the hard way. it would be nice if they allowed folks to move items more or less freely between servers though, to make the move less painful.

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:11

no thanks, i have 8 chars who are all capped/high level/leveling fast

it seems to me that many folks from pluto, at least, are doing their own server merge, i.e. creating new chars on saturn and playing on there most of the time. the issue of merging servers need not arise, simply make it easier for people to move their items to another server, and then allow natural selection to take place.

TBH, it's fairly obvious that this is how KK are banking on server balance working out anyway - by leaving the players to sort it out on their own, the hard way. it would be nice if they allowed folks to move items more or less freely between servers though, to make the move less painful.

this idea is better, a guy i work with told me it is possible (1 time only) to move your char/equipment to a new server in EQ, i realise this aint that shite game but maybe some transfer would be possible. also there is a fee attached to moving servers iirc.

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 14:18
this idea is better, a guy i work with told me it is possible (1 time only) to move your char/equipment to a new server in EQ, i realise this aint that shite game but maybe some transfer would be possible. also there is a fee attached to moving servers iirc.

yeah i would like to see that too... but you have to take into consideration owners of strange unique items... things such as the dildo of maven / usefull uniques :p

and who knows if there are decent items on VENUS with its paid GM's and privately owned server O_o

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 14:21
no thanks, i have 8 chars who are all capped/high level/leveling fast

The problem with that is when half the people left on pluto decide they want to move leaving 50 people on the server.

Its better doing it all or nothing.

If you'd rather play with your 8 runners on empty servers than play with your 4 best runners on a packed server then thats your choice but I think the majority of people would rather pick the 4 and the vote in my last thread backs me up.

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 14:26
The problem with that is when half the people left on pluto decide they want to move leaving 50 people on the server.

If you'd rather play with your 8 runners on empty servers than play with your 4 best runners on a packed server then thats your choice but I think the majority of people would rather pick the 4 and the vote in my last thread backs me up.

saturn isnt empty...

i am for this merge... but just throwing out "facts" isnt the way to get it :)

saturn has the most consistant high pop, jupi is higher peak times, but its low points are lower than saturn's.

tbh i have all but stopped playing Uranus due to the low pop so i know how bad it is... however i now have 9 chars on pluto / saturn / uranus... and i would not appriciate being told i could only keep 4 (or less O_o)

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:27

i disagree, i dont think the majority or even half or even 30% would want to loose their chars.

Clownstopper aka koro - i know for a fact he has 4 fully capped chars
Nish aka st. cuthbert - 4 fully capped chars (maybe 3 not sure on monk int)
Zoneseek - 3 accounts each with more than 50% fully capped and the other close to it
Me - 2 fully/near capped chars on each account and rest are as high as i plan to level tradeskillers

these are just the first few people i thought of.

if you wanna see more just look through peoples sig's u will se just how many people have high level chars.

i would guess i have played this game as much since retail release as anyone else on any server, but when im leveling i dont do it because its fun, i do it so i can be combat (pvp) ready for any fight.

saturn isnt empty...

i am for this merge... but just throwing out "facts" isnt the way to get it :)

saturn has the most consistant high pop, jupi is higher peak times, but its low points are lower than saturn's.

tbh i have all but stopped playing Uranus due to the low pop so i know how bad it is... however i now have 9 chars on pluto / saturn / uranus... and i would not appriciate being told i could only keep 4 (or less O_o)

here is another example, thinking about it, i have 8 chars on saturn, 1 capped on pluto, 3 high level on uranus, 1 mid-high level on venus and a mid level on jupitor.

the only way i can see any way to merge is to give people to option to.

if u want to more to XXXXXX server mail helpdesk with blah blah details and pay $XXX for it, all transfers are final and only a one off.

then people who are bored of pluto or uranus can transfer to saturn or jupitor without having to start again, (just to keep people happy, vice versa with saturn/jupitor to pluto/uranus)

All of this should be possible, and it would potentially keep people happy, their are alot of pluto die hards who in the past were always so against going to saturn, but in the last thread some of these people have changed their minds due to the shocking populations on pluto or uranus. these people do not want to start again, so give them the option to transfer or loose them from the player base.

its your choice KK

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 14:29
when im leveling i dont do it because its fun, i do it so i can be combat (pvp) ready for any fight.

agreed

n3m
20-04-04, 14:32
Don't care tbh, server merge would be fun. Less servers for KK to focus on, more events?, better atmosphere, etc.
Though like mentioned above, it wouldn't be pretty for the ppl who have serveral capped chars.

extract
20-04-04, 14:33
no thanks, there was a reason I left saturn, there is also a reason I play pluto, and a totally seperate reason I play uranus.....I think its fine the way it is....the population will go up Im sure, all these random "leavings" are people who do this regularly to try to make a point and who also end up signing back up when they realize that their "Im leaving til you remove or add or fix ______" thread didnt work.....its a pretty vicious cycle, I wonder how many of these various people who left already signed up their accounts for preorder of DoY?

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:34
Don't care tbh, server merge would be fun. Less servers for KK to focus on, more events?, better atmosphere, etc.
Though like mentioned above, it wouldn't be pretty for the ppl who have serveral capped chars.

so give them the choice and dont force it on anyone

ezza
20-04-04, 14:38
no thanks dont want server merge.

i have 3 accounts, each account has high or capped runners on it, i made the mistake of deleteing a monk that took me long time to cap, i aint gonna want to have someone else force me to delete chars just to merge servers.

plus all those pluto elitists(if theres any left)wont want the merge.

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:41
no thanks dont want server merge.

i have 3 accounts, each account has high or capped runners on it, i made the mistake of deleteing a monk that took me long time to cap, i aint gonna want to have someone else force me to delete chars just to merge servers.

plus all those pluto elitists(if theres any left)wont want the merge.

so you wouldn't like the option to transfer some/all chars to a different server ?

ezza
20-04-04, 14:47
so you wouldn't like the option to transfer some/all chars to a different server ?
well i wouldnt go to uranus asits just another 4 char server.

and i have 2 chars on my pluto accounts( 1 high level, the other midlevel) although i dont play there by the same score i dont want to lose them, so no i dont want a merge or transfer

Morganth
20-04-04, 14:52
I think rather than forcing players into deciding which of their 9 characters they want to keep on a 4 slot server, that they should offer to transfer any number of characters to another server. Would mean that those who want to be ony a busy server without having to reroll a character can, and all those who don't want to be on a large server don't have to.

garyu69
20-04-04, 14:53
I would be against s server merge.

A new server would be interesting though. Imagine one put up brand new and everyone who started on it was new. No Rare weapons, no rich clans. It would be very interesting.

Stigmata
20-04-04, 14:55
I think rather than forcing players into deciding which of their 9 characters they want to keep on a 4 slot server, that they should offer to transfer any number of characters to another server. Would mean that those who want to be ony a busy server without having to reroll a character can, and all those who don't want to be on a large server don't have to.

exactly what i was trying to say

Garg [RogueNET]
20-04-04, 15:02
Lets say that we get everyone to agree on merging of servers.. we still need some sort of uber server. the lag on Saturn atm is horrible

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 15:24
Well then this game is going to keep loosing players as pluto and uranus die, people are disallusioned and unwilling to move across to other servers where they have to start from scratch so they'll just quit, 3/4 people in my buddy list have done so in the last week on pluto.

Despite what Saturn players may think about their servers alot of pluto players consider it ass-hat central and are unwilling to start from scratch in such an enviornment.

Half arsed measures arent going to cut it this time, KK can stick their heads in the sand as much as they want but unless something major is done two of our servers are going to be the joke of the mmorpg community.

ezza
20-04-04, 15:38
Well then this game is going to keep loosing players as pluto and uranus die, people are disallusioned and unwilling to move across to other servers where they have to start from scratch so they'll just quit, 3/4 people in my buddy list have done so in the last week on pluto.

Despite what Saturn players may think about their servers alot of pluto players consider it ass-hat central and are unwilling to start from scratch in such an enviornment.

Half arsed measures arent going to cut it this time, KK can stick their heads in the sand as much as they want but unless something major is done two of our servers are going to be the joke of the mmorpg community.
merging isnt going to stop "ass hat central" cos those people would still be there.

maybe pluto players are to stuck up to have a laugh or something

IceStorm
20-04-04, 15:42
Well then this game is going to keep loosing players as pluto and uranus die,
People have been saying Pluto was going to die/is dying/will be dead for almost a year now.

It hasn't happened.

Leave it alone. People are studying for finals, heading home for summer, etc. Less kids are playing. It's normal. It'll pick up next fall when they have new semesters to fail.

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 15:57
People have been saying Pluto was going to die/is dying/will be dead for almost a year now.

It hasn't happened.

Leave it alone. People are studying for finals, heading home for summer, etc. Less kids are playing. It's normal. It'll pick up next fall when they have new semesters to fail.

Look at the server pops, they've fallen month on month since summer of last year, sure its been a slow drop but a few months ago people were complaining because the servers awas below 200 at peak GMT now it hits around 115 at peak GMT!

Thats just not healthy, do you think its going to balance out? Start increasing, why?

As to Saturn being Ass Hat central I've played their and know better but for alot of people they dont see why they should have to start from scratch, they blame KK and if its not all KKs fault they certainly havent helped matters.

Finally I'm very much in favour of merging all the english servers if it was possible but thats not really what I want, what I want is for KK to accept they have a problem and come up with a way of solving it, if its a merger fine, if its free warbot cola for all then great but to just sit in stoney silence while promising somve vague patches in the next 5 months, thats just shit and shows total disrespect for their players.

ezza
20-04-04, 16:09
thats just shit and shows total disrespect for their players.
i agree

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 16:29
what I want is for KK to accept they have a problem and come up with a way of solving it, if its a merger fine, if its free warbot cola for all then great but to just sit in stoney silence while promising somve vague patches in the next 5 months, thats just shit and shows total disrespect for their players.
agreed.

what kk need to do is stop promising things that they think we want to hear... and tell us whats going on really. if you say "the DoY data had some bugs in it so we are taking a bit longer to release" i would say fine... if you just delay it (again... look at my joined date i have waited as long as most of you) without mentioning it to the community, people think you don't care!

its the same with any issue. droners still get the 3rd person bug... it isnt major, but its old. a little "we are still unable to find the problem in the code, but are working on it between a couple of other projects as it is not high on our priority lists" it at least shows that you acnowledge it... and will continue trying to fix it as and when possible.

surely kk has noticed the pop. there are only so many times kk staff can dodge the question and say "well subscriber numbers are xxxxx so we think your wrong and the game is doing fine"... we are not talkin paying customers... as said the difference between paying and playing customeers is a large one.

NC Junkie

extract
20-04-04, 16:42
you guys are just spoiled is the problem.....

get an inch and you want a mile

Stigmata
20-04-04, 16:45
agreed.

what kk need to do is stop promising things that they think we want to hear... and tell us whats going on really. if you say "the DoY data had some bugs in it so we are taking a bit longer to release" i would say fine... if you just delay it (again... look at my joined date i have waited as long as most of you) without mentioning it to the community, people think you don't care!

its the same with any issue. droners still get the 3rd person bug... it isnt major, but its old. a little "we are still unable to find the problem in the code, but are working on it between a couple of other projects as it is not high on our priority lists" it at least shows that you acnowledge it... and will continue trying to fix it as and when possible.

surely kk has noticed the pop. there are only so many times kk staff can dodge the question and say "well subscriber numbers are xxxxx so we think your wrong and the game is doing fine"... we are not talkin paying customers... as said the difference between paying and playing customeers is a large one.

NC Junkie

bit off topic there mate, but yea i agree with what uve said.

now back to the point, if you give people the option to change your not hurting any of the players that wnt to stick where they are, so i see no problem with it.

if anyone can think of a reason not to offer it to the players put it here, because honestly i cannot.

edit/

you guys are just spoiled is the problem.....

get an inch and you want a mile

is it just me or does that make no sence to everyone ?

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 16:56

Its called trolling, its common enough.

;)

extract
20-04-04, 16:58

I guess youd have to fall out of that category to get the point.....

basically and Ill draw it out potato head style here

they have given us patch after patch some good, some bad, but mostly EVERY patch has had at least one good item, or thing in it.....they do it to yes keep you the player happy....but damn they get behind on patching, they set a release date for sure for DoY, even got a preorder out...but nope that shits still not good enough.....spoiled....

people arent leaving cause the game all of the sudden sucks.....people are leaving cause of the players....I left saturn cause I unlike most, like to partake in PvP when i feel like it, not when others feel like it, and with the addition of the no LE over rank 30 kinda made that difficult for me....I like to hunt, I like to get massive amounts of rares and build shit just so I can run up to some noob in plaza and hand them a 2 slotted rare, I like that, that is what makes the game fun for me, not running up to some noob and laughing that my disruptor killed them in 2 shots....

people need to get this bug out of their ass for real, you people make this game shit, not once have I threw my mouse across the room cause I fataled, or because I lagged, but I have destroyed many things on my desk cause you the asshole runner has ripped me off, PKd me for no reason, etc.etc.....

I hope I helped in making sense

n3m
20-04-04, 17:44
they set a release date for sure for DoY, even got a preorder out...but nope that shits still not good enough.....spoiled....
No that's not spoiled, it's stupid we get a date thats almost 2 years after the supposed initial release. talk about a mile for an inch

It's obvious nc needs new (more) players, any 2 year old with a headache can think of that.

LaZyBoY
20-04-04, 17:52
I would love a server merge.

Dirk_Gently
20-04-04, 23:08
It's obvious nc needs new (more) players, any 2 year old with a headache can think of that.

Yes it needs new/more players. It does not need the shrinking of the game and the reduction of customer choice by reducing the number of servers. However don't you think that by incessently whining on the forums some of you (not aiming this at you n3m) put prospective players off?? kk should put the forum for threads like this in game.

To be honest I've played Uranus for well over a year and the sever population is pretty much the same size as it was this time last year. Yes more would be nice but I like the server and I like the people so would like to stay.

The Servers all have their own identities that are pretty much incompatable with one-another meaning merger would screw the server dynamic.

Shadow Dancer
21-04-04, 00:03
I disagree almost entirely with what has been said. The problem is not that there are only 150 people on a server it's that of those 150 people only about 20 of them are playing it as a Multiplayer game, the other 130 are playing it like Morrowind.

What does that mean? :wtf:

It just isn't a viable option. If you want to play on a different server start a character there, it isn't difficult for an experienced play to level quickly.

This isn't about wanting to play on a different server. It's about population.

:wtf:

I agree.

Its called trolling, its common enough.

;)

indeed.

What about merging sat with pluto and making it 5 slot?

Onoz, but then pluto players won't think it's hardcore. :rolleyes:

IceStorm
21-04-04, 00:06
Look at the server pops, they've fallen month on month since summer of last year,
Pluto's population has not changed for the worse, from my perspective, for the past year. I could care less about the rest of the servers as I don't play on those.

numb
21-04-04, 00:12
There are 86 people on pluto atm. A month or two ago that figure would have been 200ish at this time. I would agree on a server merge as I cant imagine it being any fun trying to trade rare parts with such a small population online at peak times.

edit: I would never have agreed to that before - but the state of population now is so dire that it's making the game far less fun to play.

BombShell
21-04-04, 01:14
I would love the merge. Only problem is peeps hav other chars. Political factors dont mean much of anything it will just hav to adapt.

Now a idea for a char merging is in order. --

but theirs alotof problems multiple accounts and peeps not wanting to lose their items on another server.

now i would say just merge themall to gether so if a ****** has all servers with capped chars then he will hav maybe around 9 slots :)

now if the guy has a double he can tranfer all his crap to another guy of his and he can delete his guy or lom. but if he ever deletes his guy he will lose that free slot he had gain.

or/

we can hav another 4 free slots so a total of 8. but kk will be losing money throu multiple accounts.

peeps with mutliple accounts with a merge can get maybe 16 slots lets say but if charged 2 buks per slot. but dont hav to if thay get 8 slots by the offer of kk. and 2 buks more for any addition to a char slot.

just a rough idea on where am trying to go. but i dont really hav a strong grasp. can anyone think of a way to merge multiple accounts and servers with out having kk losing tomuch money. and make the player base happy. its really hard.

****** = the Plyer :)

Dirk_Gently
21-04-04, 01:38
What does that mean? :wtf:

It's fairly simple, take a look in the wastelands how many people are solo levelling??? The answer is most of them, the Neocron World is hardly SWG it is large but not absolutely huge, population is not critical atm. The problem is people play it like Morrowind i.e. as a single player explorer-rpg, not willing to get involved, if you ever read a review of Neocron the complaint is usually that people don't want to do anything, and this is true. Look at all of our factions hw many people get involved in anything?? It's always the same very few.

This isn't about wanting to play on a different server. It's about population.

:wtf:

And my point is that all a sever merger will do is kill the game totally, will all the disinterested people suddenly take an interest in the faction/clan aspect of the game?? No of course not you will end up with the same percentage of players not interested in getting involved as now, hell as the all of the big clans will be on the same server it will make it even more difficult for people to get involved so you will end up will the vast majority of the population ignoring anything other than solo-levelling, hunting or small group activity.

The idea of a server merger is dumb and thought of by people who think that 500 people on a server would mean 500 people actively getting involved in PvP etc, it wouldn't, we'd have the same 30-40 involved that we do now, just a hell of alot more disinterested people.

I say everyone in the game play it like a MMORPG and it will be fine. The server populations at the moment can easily support 30+ people per OP fight if people are interested.

Dirk_Gently
21-04-04, 01:41
You people are going to start me on a "When I was a lad.................." post in a minute.

BombShell
21-04-04, 02:07
stop whining support neocron buy their products--

http://www.cafeshops.com/neocronshop.6608575

maybe then we can get some larger maps.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 02:17
oooh. omfg.. I nearly forgot about the NC shop.

I bought my college bag from that.. used it to tote around textbooks for near on a full year...

ahh..

MJS, you rock.

IceStorm
21-04-04, 02:54
There are 86 people on pluto atm. A month or two ago that figure would have been 200ish at this time.
It's a Tuesday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the nights that the Internet is apparently utilized the least (our change windows at work are Tuesdays and Thursdays).

I haven't seen Pluto over 200 since last summer, and I think that was a Friday night. Usually Pluto starts out at 100 to 175 for me on Wed/Thurs nights (5pm EST) and drops to 50 by 2 -4am EST. I LIKE THIS. I like having few people on the server. Leave Pluto alone.

I cant imagine it being any fun trying to trade rare parts with such a small population online
Instead of bitching about not being able to trade for rareparts, people should go farm them. If I want a part and can't trade for it, I grind out a few hundred Warbots. By then either the pop is back up and I can ask again or I've found the part I need.

Liebestoter
21-04-04, 03:38
I vote for a server merge as well. ^___^

suler
21-04-04, 05:37
Pluto's population has not changed for the worse, from my perspective, for the past year.

ARE YOU SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THE INTERNET???

Zanathos
21-04-04, 06:01
An idea to solve one problem

make a patch that temporarily gives you 8 slots on the saturn or uranus server, whatever server merges with the other, simply transfer those characters to the new 4 slots, then let the person log in, transfer items and decide which 4 characters to keep.

Superbron
21-04-04, 10:24
Wait till DOY, when servers are still low on population, merge them then. It would be silly to merge servers now and start new servers in september, because of the rush of new players (?).

In the meantime: let KK focus on things that improve stability, reduce lag, add some new content, organize events and off course work on DOY.

If server-population would still be low after the release of DOY I would agree with a server-merge.

Varaem
21-04-04, 10:38
Wait till DOY, when servers are still low on population, merge them then. It would be silly to merge servers now and start new servers in september, because of the rush of new players (?).

In the meantime: let KK focus on things that improve stability, reduce lag, add some new content, organize events and off course work on DOY.

If server-population would still be low after the release of DOY I would agree with a server-merge.
I'd agree if DoY was released as originally intended, Q2 2k4... but it's in september, nearly half a year away. NC has a good chance of dying in that half a year if the current population drop continues. I have no doubt that even if EVERYONE cancels their account right now, KK would still release neocron in sept... but the point is to keep the players entertained by creating a larger server population. Can't be done by new players, so putting everyone together into one new server would be nice. I haven't heard it yet but... Neptune? :D Make it like 2 slot server, and you're allowed to transfer 2 chars there while keeping all the other servers the same. That'd be nice.

Jadzia Eleazar
21-04-04, 10:55
How about merging Saturn and Uranus?
Those are 4-char servers and ppl wouldn't loose chars.
Pluto and Jupiter would be still one char servers and to increase population
on Pluto it should be considered to remodel it into a non-savezone server aka
Neptune.

Superbron
21-04-04, 10:56
I haven't heard it yet but... Neptune? :D Make it like 2 slot server, and you're allowed to transfer 2 chars there while keeping all the other servers the same. That'd be nice.
That would even mean 6 servers! :confused: ?

Superbron
21-04-04, 10:58
How about merging Saturn and Uranus?
Those are 4-char servers and ppl wouldn't loose chars.
Pluto and Jupiter would be still one char servers and to increase population
on Pluto it should be considered to remodel it into a non-savezone server aka
Neptune.
Merging all 1-slot servers to 1 and merging all 4-slot servers to another would be the best merge in my opinion if there should be a merge.

Egeon
21-04-04, 11:09
Merging all 1-slot servers to 1 and merging all 4-slot servers to another would be the best merge in my opinion if there should be a merge.
Agree. And in order that noone should loose any chars the now 4 char servers could be made 8 char (4 from uranus + 4 from saturn) and the now 1 slot char servers 2 char (1 jupiter + 1 Pluto).

Dirk_Gently
21-04-04, 13:35
Uranus is pretty much identical in population to this time last year. Over Christmas the servers really picked up, so you are all noticing the drop off. In my 16 months playing the game Uranus has always had between 150 and 250 players at peak times which is exactly what it has now (perhaps we are 10-20 down but no more).

If you do want a server merge why not just scrap Pluto (one slot server) and move them onto the 4 slot servers then there is no problem.

I still don't want a server merge and definitely not one that looses the kiddies off of Saturn onto others.

Dirk_Gently
21-04-04, 13:36
nearly half a year away.

I find it kinda sweet that you think 4-5 months is a long time.

Dreamhunter
21-04-04, 13:37
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 14:07
i have to disagree... Uranus pop has dropped massivly... as well as decent players being replaced by noobs :(

uranus seems to be full of noob chars, yet none of them reach high level. most of the big names, the famous peeps, have left... there are still a few around though

Uranus pop has dropped in the past year... although it was always the small server :)

Dirk_Gently
21-04-04, 15:14
Uranus has 175-180 people at weekend peak times now compared to slightly over 200 for most of last year, that is hardly a massive drop. What has dropped is the number of players at off peak times, i.e. during the day however uranus has always been the "grown ups" server and we all have to work.

I'd much rather have it quiet during the day than full of kids.

Carinth
21-04-04, 18:22
There's no fair way to merge servers, you're goin to have people bitching nomatter what. If you merge single char servers, then you're mixing the german/english/french servers, which would make many angry. If you merge multiple char servers you will anger those that had multiple chars on both servers. There are people with 8 characters between Uranus and Saturn. When you merge a small server with a large server you will anger those that liked the small server. Merge a single char server with a multi char server and you'll piss off people who dislike multichar servers and those who don't want to give up any of their alt's. I doubt KK will do anything because they can't exactly afford to piss off anymore customers.

IceStorm: You play a very different Neocron then the rest of us. Your version of Neocron is mostly solo and very limited due to your LE. Your version of Neocron is what KK has spent the last year/year and a half trying to erase and replace it with the Neocron that everyone else plays. Which is a team game, you're not supposed to be doing much on your own in Neocron. A low population is not healthy for a team game, we need more people playing for the team dynamics to work.

IceHawk2684
21-04-04, 18:33
I have 4 capped chars in 1 account in saturn all with tons of stuff in em... if i have to pick 1 character to keep i swear ill stop playing this game what-so-ever. If there is a merge why not make it a 4 slot merge. Give the people in pluto 3 more slots. If they wanna go all hardkore with a 1 slot... let them. that should not restrict those of us who have leveled tons of chars on 4 slot servers. Right now i have 1 account with 4 capped chars and i have a second that almost has 3 more capped chars.

So..... NO. Im not up for looking my characters just cuz the small community in pluto thinks their all hardkore n should screw over everyone on saturn with a merge... send them to uranus or something...

Saturn has enough people from pluto already... those of u who are still in pluto... get over it and just switch like ur buddies and give it up.

Im not opposed ot a server merge.. it would clear up more server bandwith but most def. not with saturn if ur gonna cut the char slots. I picked to play saturn since retail because it has 4 slots and also because it was the same server i played in beta 4.

So leave my lovely server away from ur 1 slotness... im quite happy with all my chars on saturn. kthnx bai.

Jest
21-04-04, 18:40
Theres just no way a server merge is gonna happen even if it had 100% support in the community. They are way too busy to accomplish a technical marvel of a server merge. I wish they would just improve the game so we wouldnt have to even be having this discussion.

Oh and btw Ice, your sig is wrong lol. ME is not necessarily equal or greater than SEX. :p

LaZyBoY
21-04-04, 19:02
They should make pluto a 2 slot server so everyone would have a slot to keep playing around with. ;)

Strych9
21-04-04, 19:28
Oh and btw Ice, your sig is wrong lol. ME is not necessarily equal or greater than SEX. :pLOL. I even drafted a PM to him saying the same, but I didnt send it cause I was worried he might have it intentionally wrong for the sake of seeing if people catch it. Hehe. :wtf:

John_Ravenhawk
21-04-04, 20:45
Yeah a server merge would be cool most of the hardcore players from pluto use alts anyways...

IceStorm
21-04-04, 23:04
IceStorm: You play a very different Neocron then the rest of us.Irrelevant. The population on the server is the same now as it was then. Now, if the 50 people are sitting in PL2/3/1 on their capped chars, well, there's nothing I can do about that.

Your version of Neocron is mostly solo and very limited due to your LE.Yeah, because building/researching/driving people/repairing/implanting are so much solo activities that I log my main and alt to do them for hours at a time.

Other than fighting over ops which can change hands at will and caving on my main, there's not much I can't do in NC that others can...

Which is a team game, you're not supposed to be doing much on your own in Neocron.Nothing much has changed to make NC's core mechanics much different than launch. They beefed up some NPC armor (and increased the XP for kills to go along with) and added MC5. That's about it. Everything else has been bonuses which make it EASIER to play solo, not harder (gloves, PA, imp bonus changes, combat vehicles, removal of 25% LE penality, 5% APU/PPU penality instead of 30%...).

Marx
21-04-04, 23:13
Irrelevant. The population on the server is the same now as it was then. Now, if the 50 people are sitting in PL2/3/1 on their capped chars, well, there's nothing I can do about that.
Yeah, 20 people on pluto at around midnight EST is nothing unusual. Not a bit, nay nay nay.

:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
21-04-04, 23:15
I think their should 1 super huge server, so that Icestorm has to compete with a billion other people for his warbots.

:p

KimmyG
21-04-04, 23:24
Whats all the fuss about mergeing 1 char with 4 char server. I dont see how people wouldn't want to play on a 4 char server.

I mean after all pluto is a 4 char server populated by dumbfucks who pay for 4 accounts to get 4 chars.

Anyway merge is the smart thing to do wether people like it or not. Create a new server and let people bring there 4 chars over. Maybe make it a 5 char server or something. People select the chars they wanna bring over and who they dont bring over gets sacked.

I would also say let people bring chars over with the imps they have in there head and thats it all other items gets purged.

Some may not like or think they wont like it but I think a nice populated server vs 3 piss poor populated servers is far better.

Vampire222
21-04-04, 23:39
totally correct, but imo it wouldnt be much of a problem moving the economics with the people...

Shadow Dancer
21-04-04, 23:40
I agree with kimmy. The only problem I see is that if pluto merges and pluto players get extra accounts, won't KK lose money by having those players cancel those extra accounts since they don't need em?

KimmyG
21-04-04, 23:48
I agree with kimmy. The only problem I see is that if pluto merges and pluto players get extra accounts, won't KK lose money by having those players cancel those extra accounts since they don't need em?

They might but making a server with 600-800 people would improve the game.

As for ecomony do an SB people get whats in there head and on there body and everything else gets purged do to varrious reasons the ecomny is fucked to ebyond repair a nice cold start would fix this.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 23:57
I really wish ppl wouldn't drag stereotypes, misconceptions, and generalized, AND idiocy into a debate.

It only turns the whole thing into a muddled domestic disurbance arguement that does fuck all.

Oh... and leave the damn servers separate, more events is all that's needed AFTER A PATCH!!!

Shadow Dancer
21-04-04, 23:58
Wait are you implying you want a money wipe with a server merge?

Porker do you really think more events are ALL that's needed? Many people miss out on events because of sheer luck, bad timing, they play at odd hours, etc....

I don't think events are enough.

Vampire222
21-04-04, 23:59
O-o money wipe, why

KimmyG
22-04-04, 00:01
Cause the economy is fucked. Hell I got millions and I have never even bother trying to make money.

Vampire222
22-04-04, 00:01
ya ur kinda rite

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 00:02
now, while I agree SOME people have colossal amounts of money, I do NOT agree that a money wipe would be fair or good.

Now, perhaps a system-wide trim of cash down to 50 mil maximum to clans (and distrubutes the remainder of the cash among its members up to 1 mil each, then tosses the rest) and a trim down to 30 million for runners ( combo of account and stock-x) would be the fairest course to go for everyone - those that don't have much money arent penalized, and those with gazillions of cash still have some cash for their trouble.

Carinth
22-04-04, 00:09
Irrelevant. The population on the server is the same now as it was then. Now, if the 50 people are sitting in PL2/3/1 on their capped chars, well, there's nothing I can do about that.
Yeah, because building/researching/driving people/repairing/implanting are so much solo activities that I log my main and alt to do them for hours at a time.

Other than fighting over ops which can change hands at will and caving on my main, there's not much I can't do in NC that others can...
Nothing much has changed to make NC's core mechanics much different than launch. They beefed up some NPC armor (and increased the XP for kills to go along with) and added MC5. That's about it. Everything else has been bonuses which make it EASIER to play solo, not harder (gloves, PA, imp bonus changes, combat vehicles, removal of 25% LE penality, 5% APU/PPU penality instead of 30%...).

What I meant by solo is that you dont particpate in clans nor do you regularly form teams. You are a lone wolf, so to speak. You interact with others when you have too, otherwise you're out on your own doing your thing. Most of Neocron is more team oriented, with players in clans working together or at least friends in teams working together.

If you don't think Neocron has changed then you've been living under a rock. From Beta4 till now Neocron is a vastly different game. The introduction of PPU Monks was the last straw, so to speak. It ushered in the age of Specialization, in which you must make yourself dependant on others. Many people joined in Neocron because it was one of the few mmorpg's which didn't totaly screw up solo players. You used to be able to choose solo or team, now it's more or less only a team game.

But anyway, I don't want to go too far OT. In regards to why we like single char servers.. Forcing you to only have one character means you invest more into that one character. The social interaction is much deeper and more condusive to role playing. Even if you don't rp, that one character is more important to you. Tradeskillers have horrid problems because most people don't sit down and think what life would be like if they *only* played as a tradeskiller. Imagine that as your only character? You'd be more inclined to demand kk fix tradeskillers if you played one soly. The reason Plutonians have alts is because the game is so broken that we're forced into it. Either we buy alts in order to do the tradeskilling that noone will do, because its so boring, or we buy alts to keep ourselves occupied from lack of content. As people quit/leave Neocron/Pluto it only gets worse, thus we need even more alts. You may not know but it's only recently that alts have become so big on Pluto. We had the population before to support ourselves without alts.

Personaly I'd be a little annoyed if I was moved to a 4char server. I have an alt account for my tradeskiller which would now be rendered useless. There's no way to merge accounts, so I'd hafta delete my tradeskiller, cancel the account, and start a new tradeskiller on another slot of my main account. Having to recreate my tradeskiller would be a pain in the arse : (

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 00:14
Actually, i suspect even with multislot servers, ppl will still pick up an extra account..

after all, how many of you can deny that its nice to be able to sex with yourself? o_0

:P

Shadow Dancer
22-04-04, 00:16
Carinth what if KK could transfer your char from one account to another?

Carinth
22-04-04, 00:26
Carinth what if KK could transfer your char from one account to another?
I recall hearing this was impossible, or at least that they won't do it. If they could, then I'd be fine moving to a 4char server. I really would like to stay 1char, but the game is too broken and not enough population to support that style.

IceStorm
22-04-04, 03:34
Yeah, 20 people on pluto at around midnight EST is nothing unusual. Not a bit, nay nay nay.
The only time I see Pluto that low is when there's a Level3 blip and everyone gets kicked off. The lowest I see it outside connectivity blips, when I play, is in the 40's. That's around 2 to 4am.

Most of Neocron is more team oriented,
Outside taking and hold ops, something P.I.M.P. doesn't do as I recall, what exactly requires teams that can't be built out of varied characters?

Tradeskillers have horrid problems because most people don't sit down and think what life would be like if they *only* played as a tradeskiller.I firmly believe that specialization to the exclusion of combat skills is not supposed to be part of this game. I have research, construction, repair, driving, and some hack skills on my Rifle Spy. Can I put out as much damage as rifle specialists? No. Can I still have fun in addition to tradeskills? Yes. If I had an LE'ed PPU friend I'd probably be able to cave as well - not that it matters, my Spy is completely capped.

Plutonians have alts is because the game is so broken that we're forced into it.I have alts because I wanted to try other classes without flushing 14 to 16 months of work down the tubes. It has nothing to do with being "forced" into it, unless you mean I'm a slave to Pluto's culture. That I'd agree with to a certain extent.

Kenjuten
22-04-04, 06:08
The only time I see Pluto that low is when there's a Level3 blip and everyone gets kicked off. The lowest I see it outside connectivity blips, when I play, is in the 40's. That's around 2 to 4am.For personal curiousity purposes, what was the peak max you usually saw on Pluto a year ago, and what's the peak max you usually see on Pluto now?

yungeinstein
22-04-04, 07:36
For personal curiousity purposes, what was the peak max you usually saw on Pluto a year ago, and what's the peak max you usually see on Pluto now?

Don't know about the peak, but here's the current populations. The time is 11:15 pm MDT (-6 GMT). To my knowledge, i've never seen Pluto's population this low.

RUNNERS ONLINE
JUPITER : 28
VENUS : 22
URANUS : 39
SATURN : 105
PLUTO : 17
TOTAL : 211

Also, I would support a server merge. Trying to get anything researched or constructed with server populations in the 20's or lower is nearly impossible.

Zaq
22-04-04, 08:18
IceStorm: You play a very different Neocron then the rest of us. Your version of Neocron is mostly solo and very limited due to your LE. Your version of Neocron is what KK has spent the last year/year and a half trying to erase and replace it with the Neocron that everyone else plays. Which is a team game, you're not supposed to be doing much on your own in Neocron. A low population is not healthy for a team game, we need more people playing for the team dynamics to work.

Read the back of the box:

Ideal for playing in teams, clans or alone

Disturbed021
22-04-04, 08:31
Don't know about the peak, but here's the current populations. The time is 11:15 pm MDT (-6 GMT). To my knowledge, i've never seen Pluto's population this low.

RUNNERS ONLINE
JUPITER : 28
VENUS : 22
URANUS : 39
SATURN : 105
PLUTO : 17
TOTAL : 211

Also, I would support a server merge. Trying to get anything researched or constructed with server populations in the 20's or lower is nearly impossible.
I live in the Pacific Timezone and I remember when I first started over a year ago the server pop at the normal time I play 6-midnight being 250-300 on saturn and like 200-250 on pluto norm.

If I got off work early or something it would be much higher do to all the euros playing at the time.

If I stayed up extremely late I might see it drop as low as 200 on saturn and like 100-150 on pluto.

I just see it going down week by week, which honestly I'm not that concerned about.
What scares the crap out of me is they should be advertising like a mofo right now. Or at least show the community the potential ads.
Instead all we get is preorder bs. It's almost like they want to see how many ppl in the community currently will preorder it.

If it's a low number of ppl signing up for preorder does that mean instead of putting the resources to DoY will they just cut their loses and move onto another project?

Dirk_Gently
22-04-04, 12:13
If there was to be a server merge I'd like to see the servers re-labeled to timezone servers so then everyone is on around about the same time.

Maybe even close them in the early hours when no-one is on like some other games do.

Still don't want one though. ;)

Rade
22-04-04, 15:19
hey vampire12345 could you clear your pm box?

Kenjuten
22-04-04, 15:24
Read the back of the box:I think you not only missed the point but also tried your point in the wrong fashion. O_o

The box was made like... a year and a half ago? More or less.

A LOT has changed since then.

You also missed this:

A low population is not healthy for a team game, we need more people playing for the team dynamics to work.
Since 'the box' also says teamplay-capable.

Vampire222
22-04-04, 15:45
done rade, 50 sent items lol

Tickles
22-04-04, 19:08
jst adding my weight (5 and a half stone!) I WANT A SERVER MERGE :P :angel: :angel:

Carinth
22-04-04, 19:41
Read the back of the box:

Thank you for proving my point : p The box was designed for the Neocron of late Beta and early Retail, which is entirely different from the Neocron we're playing right now. As I said, back then solo play was just as viable. It is not now unless you live in IceStorm's world : ) Let me tell you about IceStorm, and I mean none of this negatively. He plays the game in a totaly different way then most of us. First he has had his LE in for as long as I can remember, which means he doesn't have ppu support. A ppu would also have to have an LE in if they wanted to help IceStorm. How many ppu's keep their LE in? It can be hard enough to find people to level with sometimes, you'd be really limiting yourself with a LE. Due to the LE, IceStorm does not participate in PVP. Think about that for a moment, if you never ever fight anything tougher then a mob. There would be no competativeness for your player's setup. There would be no competativeness for your weapon's stats. As long as you can kill mobs reasonably well, there's no reason to specialize in anything. That's how he gets away with several tradeskills and combat and saying he's fine. He might use rares, just because they give better damage on mobs, but he doesn't need them. He might have some slots on his weapons, but he doesn't need them. If he has a constructor, he doesn't need to max that character's stats, because a normal constructor is capable of putting out decent weapons for him. I could go on and on with this. I really don't mean to put Ice on the spotlight, there are others out there that play the game similarly. But you have to realize, they are not playing the game that most of us are playing. Nor is it the side of the game that KK caters too at all. I believe the patch that tied gr's to the op's owner was a pretty clear message, aswell as restricting LE use above level 30.

The rest of us live in a game in which we can't do much at all on our own. We need a constructor with the best skill setup and drugged up his arse in order to get as many slots as we can, because slots are everything. Even better we need Rares with high slots. We need to highly specialize our character in combat if you want to stay competative. There's no getting around it, if you at all deter from a pure combat setup, you will not be as strong as you should be. Now many are willing to accept that, but when they face a pure combat character on the battlefield, their only hope is to outskill their enemy. PVP aside, most of us team up regularly for hunting. A friendly ppu is essential for many tasks and even for those he's not, he makes it go much faster. That's the game most of us play, in which we're way to dependant on ppu's and teams in general. In which specialization is everything. Heck you can look at PE's, who are supposed to be JOATS. Instead they specialize in pistols or rifles, in essence becoming limited spies with better defense. As a ppu I had to make the decision at some point to give up being a researcher, because I couldn't be a good ppu as long as I had wasted int points in res.