PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Question: What will be done about active populations?

Marx
19-04-04, 21:07
Now this thread isn't aimed at ranting and raving about "KK sux" or "OMG so lame", I would simply like to know what will, and can be done about the current populations.

Granted, not much can be done in terms of grabbing new players until the new ad campaign starts (starting when?), but it doesn't change the fact that much could be done to entice the current players to keep playing... Perhaps also enourage players to be more active as well.

Over the weekend Pluto capped at around 120 people and spent the rest of its time between 40 and 80. All the other servers except Venus also had abnormally low pops. However, the Pluto pop was piss poor for me specifically since the character I use most of the time is a pure tradeskiller. I cannot play in my boring yet important manner if no one needs me.

Lowered population = lowered chance of me being used.

I went through hell to raise my -100 SL status, and now I get even less business than I did when I worked alone out of PP station.

Now, people can blindly go and pass this off as a 'phase'; but by declaring something a phase you are also stating "Yes, there is a problem". Viral and bacteriological epidemics go through 'phases', but are they just left alone? No, people try to treat the issue along the way. There is a problem here, and while it may not effect the number of paying customers, it certainly causes serious issues for the playing customers. If something is being done about the status of the playing populace right now, I'd heartily suggest it be done publically... Because for players like me, the cold wall of silence just makes it look worse than it might possibly be.

There are lots ways to handle this... Perhaps adding more FC's or increasing the number of events 10 fold. The players, most of whom are capped, have nothing to do aside from hunt for crap they don't need or fight each other... Both get boring after a time. There's the off chance that increased activity would bring players back... Then again, there's the chance that it won't.

Add new content. However, unless its good content it would get boring and we'd have the same issue at the 3 month marker instead of the 5 mo.

People also seem to like the idea of merging servers. I used to be against it, but spending a chunk of my time last night talking with the other 19 players on Pluto really changed my opinion.

Change the system. There have been alot of grade A brainport ideas throughout the forums. Perhaps if devs and the like popped on to them and said things like "Like the idea", "maybe", etc people would feel better. While I've no doubt that devs and the like look through those ideas and perhaps use bits and peices, in most cases the community feels as though ideas are ignored. That of course raises a strand of bitterness, especially when an idea that was almost unanimously supported is left to stagnate.

Increase the communication between here and there. We know there isn't alot you can tell us about DoY... We know that there are some things you aren't at liberty to tell us... How about telling us some potential options on how to make life better now.

I have fun interacting with other players and some of the GM's and FC's... I absolutely love this game.. I used to be a rampant fanboi, willingly spending my time staring at a wall triggering a periodic sms message about tradeskilling whle thinking up stuff to send off to Callash for the Neocronicle... But now I can hardly even do that.

Is something being done to amend the current situation?

If so, how soon can we expect to see it?

Jest
19-04-04, 21:38
5 Stars.

Something needs to happen. The distinction between paying and playing players is a key item to note. Its really hard to even get an op fight going at all on Pluto. We had some good ones on the weekend but thats mainly because its Western + European players at the same time. Weekday nights its a bitch to find a fight and my clan has actually been having some "friendly" wars against allied factions which have been fairly fun.

I'm hoping the silence is because they don't want to ruin the surprise. I mean, they dont have to tell us their every plan, but if they did have a plan it'd be nice to actually see it initiated.

And I know what you mean about server mergers Marx. I used to flame people who started those and now I find myself voting yes to every single one.

Marx
19-04-04, 23:56
I'm hoping the silence is because they don't want to ruin the surprise. I mean, they dont have to tell us their every plan, but if they did have a plan it'd be nice to actually see it initiated.I wouldn't mind a suprise here and there, but methinks there are some times when they're just not proper.

Imagine the Titanic sinking:

people: "We're sinking, we're all going to die!"
crew: "Where are the life boats for everyone?"
captain: "Lifeboats? I didn't order any of those."
*crew and people stare at captain in silence*
captain: "Suprise! We only have enough for about half the passengers though. Beats nothing, eh?!"

Phalanx
20-04-04, 00:20
I've just come back to neocron *it has been 8 months* and the real thing I notice is the lower levels of population. Maybe it's other games offering more interesting gameplay, I don't know. It just seems to be declining all the time.

In beta you'd have 1000 + on servers

A year ago it was 400 on the weekends

Now its struggling to stay above 100.

Well I can't wait till the xpack comes out, just hope you can hold the majority of the population till then.

REMUS
20-04-04, 00:27
So dome of york is now released in sept................... theres your problem KK have yet again proved that there isnt any point in putting faith in them, ive totally quit now, i hope the game gets the boost it needs becuase nc is unique and a great game, i would still be playing if i didnt have to revise for exsams and god knows ill be back after them, but with games like line age 2 coming out that have daily open forum posts by the lead gm, gm responses in under 30 mins any time of the day (in my experiance) and a good econemy structure and has alot more funding.......... KK really arnt helping themselves.

Cytaur
20-04-04, 06:53
and think that lots of people will go on summer vacation or whatever... NC's pop would TOTAL to less than 100

Heavyporker
20-04-04, 07:18
they aint going on vacation simulataneously.

Zaq
20-04-04, 14:01
Improve the game experience and people will play, simple.

so many things in this game are broken its just not funny anymore.

holmedog
20-04-04, 16:28
Get the word out that this game exists and people will play. I found it by a complete fluke while reading a forum about Ultima Online pk'ing. I've played mmo's for 6 years now...and fps for longer than that. And it took me reading a shitty forum post to find this awesome game. That should tell you something about marketting...

Get the word out and people will play.

Jesterthegreat
20-04-04, 16:34
Get the word out that this game exists and people will play. I found it by a complete fluke while reading a forum about Ultima Online pk'ing. I've played mmo's for 6 years now...and fps for longer than that. And it took me reading a shitty forum post to find this awesome game. That should tell you something about marketting...

Get the word out and people will play.

we know... CDV (the publisher) were shit... the expansion is being produced by someone else so it should be better... i think ReaKKtoR learnt from their mistake :)

Jest
20-04-04, 16:35

Get the word out and people will play. Yah I learned about Neocron from a friends friend who was playing it. I came to the web site and when I decided to buy it, it took me like 3 video game stores to find a copy of it. And sure, a lack of advertising is definitely a problem. With more advertising we could have more players. But mainly what Marx was addressing is that KK is dropping the ball on keeping its current players. A new patch could go a long way in showing players they have intentions of providing content from now until September 1st. (Even though they've said it 100 times we havent seen any reaults yet). Sure Id love new players but Id love for the old ones to stay more. ;)

El_MUERkO
20-04-04, 16:42
I may be a bit more rabid in my opinions but I agree with every word Marx wrote.

winnoc
20-04-04, 16:44
I found neocron through searching google for about two hours.
Trying to find a SCIFI mmorpg that wasn't just u being in a spaceship all the time.

Came up with a couple, and looked at all of them, compared prices and screenshots.
Neocron was good priced, and the post apocalyptic thing kinda stuck.

They should definitely market more adn try to get some good reviews in magazine with DOY.

ezza
20-04-04, 16:45
i got into this game cos of the photoshopped tank shot, the lies!!! the graphics dont look that good :D

retr0n
20-04-04, 16:48
Couldnt have said it better myself, infact couldnt even have said it as good
as Marx... 5 stars!

numb
20-04-04, 16:56
I gave this 5 stars too.

I hardly log in myself now, the lower population makes the game less fun to play, and there doesnt seem to be much point in logging in between now and september if there arent going to be many people to play with and there arent going to be any content changes/patches to try out.

I'm going to cancel my account when it runs out and then maybe come back for DoY depending on how good it looks.

DigestiveBiscui
20-04-04, 17:02
to be honest

if the game was still in shops then maybe the population would be bigger? :rolleyes:

Gestra
20-04-04, 17:25
http://www.nzavs.org.nz/graphics/headSand.jpg

no problem with this game. Everything is fantastic and perfect.

superfresh
20-04-04, 17:31
Some big league advertising would be sweet.

http://people.musc.edu/~mcpheer/ts.gif

FirestarXL
20-04-04, 20:02
I barely log in any more since the game has become stale, and I see no sign of it getting any better for another five months. The only reason I retain an active account is to drop in and say hi to everyone, it's the people not the game keeping me here in any form.

BombShell
20-04-04, 20:07
I barely log in any more since the game has become stale, and I see no sign of it getting any better for another five months. The only reason I retain an active account is to drop in and say hi to everyone, it's the people not the game keeping me here in any form.

one thing that always boost the population is a patch if kk would hav a patch once every week like it used to do then maybe we can see the population increase. like new items new balance changes and bug fixes.

weres the terminator rifle runs wasnt this suppose to be in by now. theirs alot of new crap that can be given.

weres the combat cars in shops. if kk holding it for doy. dont kow about u i thought it was ment to be in game before DoY.

plague
20-04-04, 20:21
one thing that always boost the population is a patch if kk would hav a patch once every week like it used to do then maybe we can see the population increase. like new items new balance changes and bug fixes.

weres the terminator rifle runs wasnt this suppose to be in by now. theirs alot of new crap that can be given.

weres the combat cars in shops. if kk holding it for doy. dont kow about u i thought it was ment to be in game before DoY.

Indeed there is so much to be done about current situation in nc, relising of teh patch with tl changes would kept allot of nc oldies that quit. I am fed up with this sht but the only reason I remain active is that I just wanna c where kk going to gonna end up at the end of summer(prolly 20 ppl population it all times)

BombShell
20-04-04, 20:58
theirs also alot more thay can do like making the gaya mine near nem into a cave with a huge ass spider at the end. thay hav the skins. re amp the epic rewards that are here now. like CA pa wtf is this if anything it should benefit the CA like +ath and agl with some better resis. no combat skills thou.

i wouldnt go CA for it for one. and i wouldnt mind seeing CA become bigger after all THE STORY IS ABOUT THEM.

CM needs alot more gat weapons.

diamond needs a gr in their appys :)

new imps. maybe some armor for spys.

and am nto saying all at once. maybe like a new thing or 2 once a week. with some bug fixs and some new land marks :) and maybe fixing the nub experiance. like putting junk knife on mutants and medicant rifles and pistols on beggars after all most of those we hav are from bp's and nubs pay to much for a person to get of their ass to appy and pulll it out.

wheres the Gr at the race track. and maybe a gr near regant legacy because theirs some caves their but none wants to travel t hat far.

Edit - all this would be great while thay work on the weapons. their minor things and am not asking tham all at once. 1-2 things once a week. should be the goal it will keep the game goin with new items and will eventually end up with diffrent setups when theirs thousands of items. and if the game becomes huge tokyo 2 can be the larger expanstion of the game play experiance

Strych9
20-04-04, 21:01
I barely log in any more since the game has become stale...This game is a persistant universe. How do you see them doing ANYTHING that wouldnt QUICKLY become stale?

You know how other games dont become stale? They have an end.

I dare say its virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a game that can be played 24/7 365 days a year can be "fresh" to everyone that plays.

--

Instead, Neocron is a platform with which you can do whatever you want. What makes Neocron special is that it provides you with tools. How you use those tools, and whether or not those tools are fun, is really up to you.

If you sit back and expect to be entertained- that wont happen with a MMORPG.

I you want to be given a virtual universe to explore, you have that in Neocron.

But I challenge you- come up with some sort of content for Neocron (doesnt have to be necessarily realistic or easily programmable) that would guarantee this game never gets stale for everyone that plays it.

--

Granted- I think one can easily argue that Neocron may lack options for capped characters. But overall, I think people are simply not used to the freedom of action Neocron offers. You dont HAVE to do much of anything in Neocron. Maybe "levelling" is mandatory, but even with that you have tons of options.

Just my thoughts.

BombShell
20-04-04, 21:02
This game is a persistant universe. How do you see them doing ANYTHING that wouldnt QUICKLY become stale?

You know how other games dont become stale? They have an end.

I dare say its virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a game that can be played 24/7 365 days a year can be "fresh" to everyone that plays.

--

Instead, Neocron is a platform with which you can do whatever you want. What makes Neocron special is that it provides you with tools. How you use those tools, and whether or not those tools are fun, is really up to you.

If you sit back and expect to be entertained- that wont happen with a MMORPG.

I you want to be given a virtual universe to explore, you have that in Neocron.

But I challenge you- come up with some sort of content for Neocron (doesnt have to be necessarily realistic or easily programmable) that would guarantee this game never gets stale for everyone that plays it.

--

Granted- I think one can easily argue that Neocron may lack options for capped characters. But overall, I think people are simply not used to the freedom of action Neocron offers. You dont HAVE to do much of anything in Neocron. Maybe "levelling" is mandatory, but even with that you have tons of options.

Just my thoughts.

1 way is to hav neocron in its own word not just by the players. like hav at random spurts when the whole faction achives something like tg gaines so many ops their will be npc attacks on nc or mb.

and if so many TS die in PP their will be npc attacks on each other in pp. if we hav stuff liek that so we can sit bak in a cafe in pp and see a whole gang war brew. and mad cross fire which will teach u to still out of the way.

NC needs to be crazy with huge battles and explotions at randoms points. like bomb warnings and real threats to keep neocron goin. and this is only the prolige a gm should hav is huge events and kk shouldnt worry if someone dies in pzs if their not safe zones. hell u know u should go afk if their not safe zones. only safe zone their should be is ur appy.

i just want live content in nc thats it. not just hear it in the story line. and if we would to merge all servers to gether we can hav a universal effect with all. and instand of having one here and their on diffrernt servers thay all can go at once.

like faction counclors missions on factions giving them a nuke sending it to mb and u got like 10 mins to find it before it explose and kills everyone in it and if u find it u get liek 1mill nc for saving everyone. as a hacker or so. kinda like counter strike maybe. but only as a act of war and gaining rewards for excuting ur plans well.

and ncpd wanted signs maybe chnage it to the peeps of real people. might take some work. but would it be awsome seeing ur self on the wanted sign in the pz :) and a reward to be given. maybe hav the bounty system for cash rewards. like how many peeps he killed. he killed so many peeps around his rank or so is worth 2knc then if he kills 5 peeps thats 10nc. and if none would collect his head throu the city come it can go to maybe 1mill nc over time. then peeps will go damn we hav to hunt this guy down. but it should only be throu credit not nc so their would be exploiting thou it. or a medal or something. something intising.

DigestiveBiscui
20-04-04, 21:14
bombshell has a point - WHERES THE BLOODY TERMINATOR

plague
20-04-04, 21:24
I totally agree with bomshell as well, ppl who protect kk r buncha noobs who haven't been here as long as us, I have been playing this game since beta and I am fed up with this shit not one promise kk made was completed on time not one, please point me to the thread or what ever that proves me wrong. And until things r changed as far patches on time and promised events guns act. I am not planning on shutting up, I don't really care about this game anymore, it's the time and money I wasted on it waiting for sht kk promised and never implemented !!!

jiga
20-04-04, 21:32
bombshell has a point - WHERES THE BLOODY TERMINATOR
I predict that when the terminator is released evry1 will be like 'yippppeeee'. But then after they become as common as the other rares nobody will care about the terminator and you will ask urselves y u were so bothered about getting it ingame.

BombShell
20-04-04, 21:36
I predict that when the terminator is released evry1 will be like 'yippppeeee'. But then after they become as common as the other rares nobody will care about the terminator and you will ask urselves y u were so bothered about getting it ingame.

new content.... peeps dont want the old things thay want change. every single char is a clone now adays if we had thousands of imps and uber imps. like deciding hmm this on has this but this one has that and if i use this i can do this but this is great for this. and o damn never seen this before dman nwo i hav 3 to choice from. now peeps hav another rifle to play with. so u can scope and assult peeps with PE but now u can shatter other people balls with a shotgun.

Strych9
20-04-04, 21:38
1 way is to hav neocron in its own word not just by the players. like hav at random spurts when the whole faction achives something like tg gaines so many ops their will be npc attacks on nc or mb.

and if so many TS die in PP their will be npc attacks on each other in pp. if we hav stuff liek that so we can sit bak in a cafe in pp and see a whole gang war brew. and mad cross fire which will teach u to still out of the way.

NC needs to be crazy with huge battles and explotions at randoms points. like bomb warnings and real threats to keep neocron goin. and this is only the prolige a gm should hav is huge events and kk shouldnt worry if someone dies in pzs if their not safe zones. hell u know u should go afk if their not safe zones. only safe zone their should be is ur appy.Your ideas are great, and would help improve Neocron... any live content would... BUT I still say it would become stale for people.

In your first paragraph, you mention about things changing once a faction reaches a certain level of achievement. But that depends on the activity of that faction. So DRE- what keeps it fresh for them? They either are not involved, or are ganked by TG NPCs when they attack. Given the status of factions in Neocron, very few could really partake in this. And even then, so lets say BD take over most of the ops and then they hold it- suddenly becomes stale eh? Wont have any other invasions unless the faction is willing to give up control.

In your second paragraph, NPCs attacking NPCs? That may be cool to watch, but surely that wont be "fresh" after the first few times you watch it?

I am NOT saying your ideas are bad ones. I like all of them. Just that your ideas do NOT make Neocron stay fresh.

I dont think Neocron gets stale unless you just grow tired of the game in general. If someone grows tired of Neo, then it doesnt matter what random events we have.

Imagine Neocron is a pallette of colors, and you are a painter. Its up to you what you want to paint (do in Neocron). Now maybe you JUST like PvP and killing other players, which is the color blue. Eventually you WILL get tired of just painting in blue, and if you are willing to use other colors, the painting will get stale. If you like using all colors, odds are you will keep your interest in painting longer. But once you get tired of painting in general- it doesnt matter how many new colors of paint you add to your pallette.

My point is you can keep adding colors, but if you just dont like painting it wont matter.

jiga
20-04-04, 21:39
new content.... peeps dont want the old things thay want change. every single char is a clone now adays if we had thousands of imps and uber imps. like deciding hmm this on has this but this one has that and if i use this i can do this but this is great for this. and o damn never seen this before dman nwo i hav 3 to choice from. now peeps hav another rifle to play with. so u can scope and assult peeps with PE but now u can shatter other people balls with a shotgun.
this game needs new none weapon/armour/implant items

BombShell
20-04-04, 21:45
hehe i know wut u mean i killed so many peeps and i got tired of the color blue but since kk put in some yellow its green now. just yesterday for the first time i got owned by a spy with a damn executionor am not saying nerf it i would say its over powered. but damn i had my heart pounding when i see my life at 25% i was liek OMG about to die. then i died. but i was like damn that was intense. i wasnt pissed i was actually enjoying the game.

and pvp was getting boring at the time because basically almost everyonei meet high lvl or not i still managed to hav most of my life.

its just alot of new content would be great just hav a random imp generater would be kwel too. and put in the info of the imp vary old imp lose osme of its value do to malfunting but gain this value. and such it can fit in the sotry ezy. its not just changing the game its reamping the way u play.

edit -- ur right about watching npc vs npc but if u hav diffrent things like thay actually talk trash. maybe a little to uch but its diffrent. NC if soppose to be diffrent and should be diffrent then anyone else.

and small raids on npc. and maybe a sewer system connection throu out nc and/or DoY so u hit pp entrance u can go underground to get by if its camped. and maybe a npc infront of entrance telling u howmany are camping on the other side and wut faction. if their le he want say anyones is their. theirs alot of stuff am saying can be done. not neccary a npc vs npc. new changes makes people happy. y nerf anyhting if u can change the way u play.

BombShell
20-04-04, 21:46
this game needs new none weapon/armour/implant items

yah i know but as kk said we are getting make overs on are npc's in DoY so thats a big plus smokeing a sig in PP to wearing some sun glasses at a op fight.

we all also must remeber these things might be in DoY but if its not it should be put in as we wait. for a small taste if u know wut i mean :)

Edit--- Dre is also low for 1 problem wut rping can u do with it. originally rping in this game was random pking :) but to role play is to follow ur faction allieship. and ma sure peeps will go Dre when thay change the allie ship and hostiles. am prosuming it iwll be another CA faction clan with maybe some of its own hostile. but if it can attack TG BD TS and so on u can make Dre liveable. u hav ot be honest y do everyone go to these evil factions. because thay want to kill. even before the gr change it was about the pking.

Edit2 also 200 peeps dont fill up a faction when their like 12 factions. so we cant say much until we get a population of 1000 so best solution is to merge servers and use the xtra servers for lag reduction. y use serveal games when their all the same. eventually it will kinda be education learn a new language when u see a offer for a weapon u can learn wut thay call it :)

i know i hav with some germans on saturn :)

just odnt confuse dieing to hating pking. everyone loves owning. its just difficult when ur not at it all the time. and u cant hav things that nerf the intensity of pvp. such as para. thats y i hate para. (INTENSITY) = GOOD if u void this anyway its bad. over power is good. if their another over power. and wut we call this we call it balance.

Jest
21-04-04, 08:17
The problem is only getting worse with each passing day. Ive got some Hawaii players in my clan and I sometimes dont get off work till 10 pm my time. Plus I have two East Coast players that dont play till real late at night. Know what we see when we log on? 25 other players. What the hell am I supposed to do with 25 other players? Over half of those are afk too.

Fix. The. Problem. Please. K. Thx. Bye.

Disturbed021
21-04-04, 09:04
Just saw it drop to 23 o_O :( Thats the lowest I have ever seen Pluto and I don't think it's gonna get better :( Say something kk. Patch with the smallest, crappiest patch you've ever done if you have to. Just let us know you still care and are moving forward instead of just collecting our $$.

Morganth
21-04-04, 09:55
Just saw it drop to 23 o_O :( Thats the lowest I have ever seen Pluto and I don't think it's gonna get better :( Say something kk. Patch with the smallest, crappiest patch you've ever done if you have to. Just let us know you still care and are moving forward instead of just collecting our $$.

At 3 AM GMT Jupiter, Pluto, Uranus and Venus all had 20-25 people on. Saturn had 110-120 online. Those are the lowest server pops I have ever seen. Takes the piss that they call Neocron a MMORPG, as there is nothing Massive about it.

J. Folsom
21-04-04, 10:48
At 3 AM GMT Jupiter, Pluto, Uranus and Venus all had 20-25 people on. Saturn had 110-120 online. Those are the lowest server pops I have ever seen. Takes the piss that they call Neocron a MMORPG, as there is nothing Massive about it.I think the at 3 AM GMT part says it all actually, considering 'cron's player base is mostly European, most of us are asleep at that time.

winnoc
21-04-04, 10:58
I'm sure people at KK are going :"Don't these players EVER have patience??? We got something good up our sleeve and we wanna bring it out as a finished product"

Honestly, what's with you people? Neocron IS a fun game as it is, some games hardly ever change and are still played daily. Until DOY comes out or the next patch , or event whatever, just try to keep yourselves busy, roleplaying, helping out new players, leveling up a funny gimped char, doing epics, getting rich, hunting red SL's , whatever.

Consider this a breather for the things to come. Time to make sure your chars are ready for it.
I know i'm doing it. Drove a noob TG spy to neocron from the canyon in my rhino yesterday (yes i know he's enemy) and started doing the epics on my tank. Oh i forgot, i also killed a 0/6 TG apu by accident, gave him 20k and said i was sory, turns out it was an alt from a guy i know lol.

I had fun yesterday, WITHOUT a new patch and new content.

Liebestoter
21-04-04, 11:49
It's not fun when there's 23 people on your server, and 2/3 of them are afk.

El_MUERkO
21-04-04, 11:49
I'm sure people at KK are going :"Don't these players EVER have patience??? We got something good up our sleeve and we wanna bring it out as a finished product"

Honestly, what's with you people? Neocron IS a fun game as it is, some games hardly ever change and are still played daily. Until DOY comes out or the next patch , or event whatever, just try to keep yourselves busy, roleplaying, helping out new players, leveling up a funny gimped char, doing epics, getting rich, hunting red SL's , whatever.

Consider this a breather for the things to come. Time to make sure your chars are ready for it.
I know i'm doing it. Drove a noob TG spy to neocron from the canyon in my rhino yesterday (yes i know he's enemy) and started doing the epics on my tank. Oh i forgot, i also killed a 0/6 TG apu by accident, gave him 20k and said i was sory, turns out it was an alt from a guy i know lol.

5 months of readying your runners?

Are you mad!?!

I'm not leveling my characters on dead servers it'd be like playing a single player game and has a solo experience Far Cry is far more entertaining.

I didnt even log Neocron last night (first time in a very long time I've sat down at my machine and not logged on.

Played some OFP and after that some Joint Ops on the UK Island hopper server which was like a Neocron reunion :D

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 13:50

did you start playing and register on these forums at the same time?

i wouldnt say my join date makes me leet or a vet or some shit... but i will say that old players have put up with the same problems for months / a year...

you may find it fun as is, i do too sometimes, but when if you were here when server counts were high, you would understand what peeps are saying.

and as for "wait" for DoY... i think i've been doin thet for a year now? that "free expansion" we were promised (and no im not starting flaming kk for changing price or anything... if i still play when DoY is out, ill buy it no matter what the price, within reason) and i realise CDV sucked :) i also realise the reason for them charging for expansion is otherwise the new publishers wouldnt earn shit all :)

anyways... yeah... it has been growing worse since day one... and i for 1 would love some kind off official word... even an agreement / denial that theres a problem...

Dreamhunter
21-04-04, 14:02
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 14:08
[ edited ]

i think they should look on here more often and see the respected members of the community leave... and realise something is wrong...

winnoc
21-04-04, 14:11
I started playing somewhere in november 2003.

And i have read the forums about the promises that were broken etc.. too.
I have to admit things do kind of stack up on each other after a while, but you can't expect a small company that's working on something like DOY to keep doing updates etc... the way they were doing , especialy not during betatesting of DOY.

Bugs and problems continualy come up during that period and take up a lot of time to fix.

A lot of people forget that Neocron is not just about pking or being "leet".
It is also a kind of virtual reality where you can interact with people, be a good guy, bad guy, explore, be creative with character setups etc....
Most people just turn to powerleveling a pk machine and then start ganking away. No shit this gets boring after a while !!!
Not that i'm lashing out at the good pkers out there, a lot of them do go after enemy clans, factions with a reason and retain some kind of honor.
Hey, i even have respect for the "bad guys" that just go psycho and kill everyone. But then they have to stay in character, and not come to my ppu asking for pokes in neocron, let them stay in pp or outzone jail.
Killing enemy players is a lot of fun, when done in the right context, with plots and motive. Otherwise its no different than shooting an AI NPC.

Everyone gets different thrills out of the game, it's just that people don't try to explore the possibilities more. Once i cap my chars i'm probably going to roleplay more cuz i'm sure i'll get bored if i don't.

Dreamhunter
21-04-04, 14:13
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
21-04-04, 14:21
I started playing somewhere in november 2003.

And i have read the forums about the promises that were broken etc.. too.
I have to admit things do kind of stack up on each other after a while, but you can't expect a small company that's working on something like DOY to keep doing updates etc... the way they were doing , especialy not during betatesting of DOY.

Bugs and problems continualy come up during that period and take up a lot of time to fix.

A lot of people forget that Neocron is not just about pking or being "leet".
It is also a kind of virtual reality where you can interact with people, be a good guy, bad guy, explore, be creative with character setups etc....
Most people just turn to powerleveling a pk machine and then start ganking away. No shit this gets boring after a while !!!
Not that i'm lashing out at the good pkers out there, a lot of them do go after enemy clans, factions with a reason and retain some kind of honor.
Hey, i even have respect for the "bad guys" that just go psycho and kill everyone. But then they have to stay in character, and not come to my ppu asking for pokes in neocron, let them stay in pp or outzone jail.
Killing enemy players is a lot of fun, when done in the right context, with plots and motive. Otherwise its no different than shooting an AI NPC.

Everyone gets different thrills out of the game, it's just that people don't try to explore the possibilities more. Once i cap my chars i'm probably going to roleplay more cuz i'm sure i'll get bored if i don't.

i realise that problems will come up etc... however its just management sense...

NC launches, many subscribers...

this is the time to get in coders

people get pissed off with bugs, beta players announce "i told you so" after saying it wasnt ready for retail...

this is where the extra coders should start working solely on bug fixes

now we have a reletively stable game (we all know MMORPG's are the buggiest of games and will never be perfect)...

this is where coders / designers / community start thinking of content to add, storyline to introduce (maybe via a community competition?)

these changes get thought through, selected, then put on the test server...

this gets announced in the competition thread, "the new changes are on the test server, feel free to try them out and give us input, tell us of bugs, make suggestions

the new stuff is put into retail, reletively bug free...

and so the cycle goes on

now i realise its not this simple, but all the beta players knew ( and said ) that NC was massively buggy at the end of beta, and would be in early retail. Don't try to tell me KK were unaware. KK knew there were bugs in the game, they prolly knew details of a load of them. thats when you put manpower into fixing them, while offering trusted and respected Beta players the first ingame support roles. people who are willing to help out, are trusted by kk + the community, and can ease the pressure off KK.

anyway... i hope there is an improvment in the state of the servers soon... KK, please, find some way of resloving this... i do love the game. i didn't bother to fill out my NDA for a game that is not allowed to be mentioned on these forums because i was enjoying NC. i turned down a GM position in a big MMORPG in beta now to devote time to NC and the community...

this is not a flame at KK... this is a subtle eye opener?

NC Junkie

:edit:

@ Dreamhunter

are you telling me that people actually fill out bug reports and send off the fault file? dont get me wrong im not pinning all the blame on KK :) people come here to moan, then get pissed when its not fixed - i know this

icarium
21-04-04, 20:56
/me notices even more leaving threads today, plus the servers go down with no explanation :(

jiga
21-04-04, 21:11
yah i know but as kk said we are getting make overs on are npc's in DoY so thats a big plus smokeing a sig in PP to wearing some sun glasses at a op fight.
I meant things along the lines of stealth and the holovests. Maybe some jetpacks, spy cameras, trip/proximity/detonation mines and maybe we shuld have a device which makes it look like there are 5 of us and then they could confuse enemies and they would have to find the real person by shooting the fake ones.

Whitestuff
21-04-04, 21:16
***** thread.

Marx sometimes angers me with his remarks, but here, I agree 100%. If you would have told me a month ago that I would be thinking of quitting NC for good today, I would have slapped you. Now, its all coming down to how long I can keep paying for the game and whether or not BDoY is any good. One person here and there quitting might not seem like much, but come on KK, we all said that a year ago when people started posting leaving threads, now those number in the 100's. That hurts server population when you only have 500 players on a server.... now down to just over 100.

Marx
21-04-04, 22:17
Marx sometimes angers me with his remarks.
:p

Wonder if this thread will ever rate a response.

=/

icarium
21-04-04, 22:31
dont think they are interested m8, people ask about a patch and get slapped down. with the current state of the community i dont think a terse "when its ready" is good enough. by the time its ready even more people will have left.

joran420
21-04-04, 23:36
theyre not gonna do jack for us.....theyre gonna let these servers kill them selves off and release BDOY as a totally new product

Judge
21-04-04, 23:44
Well... I can't be bothered to read the whole thread... tired.... school tomorrow. Anyways:

My gift to KK for making this awesome game is that I'm going to continue paying for it until sept 1st. If I can't get hold of NC:BDOY on september 1st on amazon or my local game shop then I'm leaving. I barely play atm anyways.

Kenjuten
22-04-04, 06:20
Jupiter: 28
Venus: 27
Uranus: 34
Saturn: 130
Pluto: 29
Total: 248

Looks like Pluto ain't the only one up the creek.. O_o;

Now, I know it's like 5-7am over at Europe right now, but this just doesn't look good for some reason...

Krush
22-04-04, 06:25
I prefer less people on !!!

Iess fighting over hunting areas.

hivemind
22-04-04, 06:26
Especially when you consider that nearly everyone on Venus, Jupi and Uranus are idling, and the 29 people on Pluto are actually six guys with five accounts each. :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
22-04-04, 06:28
248 overall lol :\

Wallen
22-04-04, 06:39
:wtf: Don't expose Pluto's secrets!!!!!!!

Kenjuten
22-04-04, 07:02
What secrets? Pluto's like an open book...

...Okay, more like a dry river. =(

@ Hive: Heh. :p Too bad college sucks so much at this point in time.

Psychoninja
22-04-04, 07:14
Yeah, I don't know about you guys but population seems to be going down little by little each week.

Someone should chart the population on all servers for 2 weeks and graph it on excel. Wonder what the results would be.

Vamil
22-04-04, 07:58
The results would be ... hate to say it but , what KK don't wanna see. Ever since the release of DoY date was let out people seem to be dropping off little by little.

Well, i can understand. I mean KK did just pull our dicks through the dirt for a year about doy then postpone it for another 5 fucking months.

Second account (for pluto) Cancelled.
Main account (was pluto, workin on saturn) About to be cancelled o_O

Disturbed021
22-04-04, 08:13
Lol, you ppl don't think they do chart it? Of course they do. I'm sure months and months ago they charted how much money they could get out of ppl by dangling the DoY carrot in front of our faces.

"Oh its almost done. Just a little longer. Almost now. Just a few things more." *snicker by kk* "Muhahahaha look at all the noobs who still have active accounts! Little do they know there is no DoY and we are just trying to keep them interested long enough to pay our salaries a bit longer" *snicker* "tee hehe"

Ascension
22-04-04, 08:59
nothing on any server but saturn is actually worth anything o_O
i just sit and laugh at the populations now.. i load up NL-pro and think any point logging in?:(

RayBob
22-04-04, 09:30
OPEN MC5...so I can use these slow times to stock up on MC5 chips. :D

phunqe
22-04-04, 09:31
I prefer less people on !!!

Iess fighting over hunting areas.

Yeah, but the tech drop rate sucks bigtime :p

Nidhogg
22-04-04, 10:26
Thread merged.

N

icarium
22-04-04, 17:56
the silence is deafening..............

Jesterthegreat
22-04-04, 18:05
the silence is deafening..............

KK wont reply...

Nid wont forward a link of this thread to any KK employees...

we are all supposed to forget in a few hours

evs
22-04-04, 18:20
Did you guys play age of empires?

All very well you building the next stage of your empire, and building massive armies - but if you dont look after the initial peasants, you will soon find that they get eaten by wildlife or killed by opposing armies.
Then you will find you soon run out of gold.....

icarium
22-04-04, 18:57

All very well you building the next stage of your empire, and building massive armies - but if you dont look after the initial peasants, you will soon find that they get eaten by wildlife or killed by opposing armies.

:)

nice metaphor work dude

although in this case i dont think the next stage of our empire is gonna be that impressive. especially when we should have got most of the advances in this empire. metaphorically speaking :)

Jesterthegreat
22-04-04, 20:19

fuck... my sig by hinch or this quote?

Zu (Pluto)
22-04-04, 22:35
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I had this theory that a big chunk of subscription renewals fell in February/March period. If you think about it, a large chunk of us old-timers signed on when the game first came out, which means about November/December/January. Now 3 months is a nice subscription period - not too long but not too short, which a nice discount compared to 1 month. Anyway, so come Feb/Mar KK did a little promo to raise our expectations again. Then after the bulk of us resubscribe for yet another term, they released the final release date (though I'll only believe it when I see it).

The above is probably pure fantasy as its of course just my speculation. But it's how I feel. I work in freight and logistics and did a little calculation on how much time marketing and promo need in advance of product to do their stuff. I tell you now that KK *knew* it wasn't going to be out for at least 3-4 months. They would have been preparing the marketing drive already at the time of that pre-order crap - which was the impression I got.

I had considered myself a fairly optimistic member of the community. I tried not to bitch in the forums and generally only add a comment when I had felt I had something constructive to say. I have had RL friends join the game on my nagging, and saw them leave only to nag them to play again (OK - it's only 2 accounts total). NC has a great deal of potential waiting to be realised.

It's not about the bugs, or the (lack of) events, or content, or whatever. It's the false expectations. I can wait for a damn long time (or I won't still be here) but if KK keeps getting my hopes up only to kick me in the face - well, there's only so much I can take. I play games to have fun, not to get my expectations dashed constantly. When things go well, it's great. When things are not so good, we need to be told either the truth or nothing. Not get given some expectations of how things are going to be better when they are not. A lie is a lie no matter how pretty it sounds or how well it's worded so it's not strictly untrue.

I sympathise with KK because they are a little company who have done a truly exceptional job with NC. But after all these slaps in the face I have basically lost all faith in them getting anything done (whether its their fault or not).

Zu

[Edit] Just to stay on topic. I don't think anything can really be done to increase server population that's not done already. Perhaps people can move to Saturn from the other servers just to consolidate the playerbase until BDoY is released, but that's sortof happening already. The BDoY Marketing Drive would help, of course, but KK might want to effective turn the current NC into a 1-month Open Beta type affair, and then release BDOY when the BETA crowd is hooked. But then, should current customerbase be required to pay?

icarium
22-04-04, 22:48
still no official comment i see

*lets bury our head in the sand, maybe it will all go away*

Zu (Pluto)
22-04-04, 23:00
still no official comment i see

It's late evening in Germany. Give them a chance. Family commitments and all that jazz.

Zu

icarium
22-04-04, 23:01
erm yeah they've only had like A WEEK to comment :rolleyes:

evs
22-04-04, 23:46
/me takes a bow

i do try :)

Darkborg
23-04-04, 00:11
Man im down to 1 active account from 3 atm. i just dont play anymore.
And actually that last acct is just for "if the Vent server changes so i can get in touch with the clannies".
No patches no nothing. Honestly This is Bullshit. :(
And Still no response geesh this is pissing me off. :mad:
And i used to be a very nice guy to kk.

Estabin
23-04-04, 08:12
I am new and I agree, the game is seriously lacking in certain aspects... more specifically content and the end game. The game needs some fixing and needs it quick, I think Sept. 1st will be too late and hope they have something planned before then.

The world is supposed to feel alive and be ever changing. If you don't add content or make things happen then it will be just like playing a single player game over and over and over and over again for a couple years 8| .

Do you think Everquest or any of those other "popular" games would have the population they do if they only stuck with the original release and only added a couple new things every 6 months or so? The reason they are popular is because they keep adding free/paid content and expanding the game... I looked at the amount of zones Everquest has the other days and it is just sick. I played Everquest for 3 stinking years and the thing that made me quit was the community and politics of my server... not due to any lack of content or things to do... haven't played a MMoRPG that long since EQ either.

KK has already responded in a previous post on stating that they plan on adding new content and new patches before Sept. 1st... I don't think he is going to keep responding to every post that basically asks the same question... He might be sort of busy working and stuff (one would hope). If he released a plan of some sort detailing to the community what they plan on doing and what they are working on it might help curtail some of these posts but would end up being a double edged sword since people can use that against them or to hold them to things... kind of a no win situation by the looks of things :(

deac
23-04-04, 11:30
lets face it... how long was it since the last patch? KK have really dropped the ball.

No way in hell they can expect us to wait this long for patching... I for one will cancel all but one account...

-3 for kk

Darkborg
23-04-04, 14:14
yeh im on hiyatis bigtime.
I mean how damn Difficult is it to atleast do a patch that fixes the gravlifts and reopen mc5.
mc5 was just about the last thing that held any fun for me non pvp wise.
For gods sake you cant just leave those closed off indefinitely.
To me this is indifference.
Christ look at it, that test patch is from mid FEBRUARY, and there has been NOTHING new since that, yes its a biggie but that shouldnt mean a holdup of everything else.
granted we did get a patch march 11th but were still talking a time scale of 1,5 months here.
I mean mc5 closed should at least warrant a hot fix to open it again. With the amount of high level players in this game you would think they could at least reopen their highest level "dungeon".

extract
23-04-04, 14:20
There are several things that KK can do, however I think the majority say that a patch is all they need....well thats bullshit frankly, how long will a patch last you? a week? a month? a day?????

its DOY you guys really want, I personally love this game for what it is now, not what it will be...Im sure the future of this game will be really great, better engine(maybe Ill get better than 8 FPS) etc etc, but I like the game now, I make this game fun for me, I dont rely on anyone else.....

there is so many things to do in this game, but really the vast majority of you want to play with new things, and when thats gone you just PK,PK,PK.....then you get bored of that and the cycle comes right back around, the good lot of you who are upset, leaving, whatever will never be satisfied, its a dark, harsh reality that you are just going to have to accept if you want to continue this game....

cause really if you cant stand it now, how long will it be before you cant stand the next patch, or the expansion?

winnoc
23-04-04, 14:28
Couldn't agree more.

Right now i'm having a lot of fun also, i'm not pvping , just leleing up my tank, doing the epics to get him his best possible setup and helping out noobs (in between epics)

If i had all capped chars i would try to find some people to do a roleplaying thing to have fun (like the guys from THE LAW)
Man, they were so funny and i'm sure they had a hell of a time doing it.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 14:29
With the amount of high level players in this game you would think they could at least reopen their highest level "dungeon".

but if KK makes them all quit they wont need to...

the new players who come to DoY ( :rolleyes: ) wont need MC5 for long time if no one is left to teach them how to play!

Darkborg
23-04-04, 14:30
/@extract
dude i have been playing this game since january 2003 i have been practically everywhere, (Dark metal excluded. and some of the more obscure parts of the citysewer as well)
I have fought at every op, been killed by/killed practically everybody multiple times.
done a conster,researcher, recycle/repairer, melee tank, heavy tank, rifle pe, pistol pe, rifle spy, droner, apu monks, and ppus.
What im getting at is i more or less have done that cycle enough times for it to be boring as bloody hell, and atm they have closed off mc5 so i cant spend all my time hoarding those parts that are about the only thing left of interest in the game for me.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 14:35
dude i have been playing this game since january 2003 i have been practically everywhere, (Dark metal excluded. and some of the more obscure parts of the citysewer as well)
I have fought at every op, been killed by/killed practically everybody multiple times.
done a conster,researcher, recycle/repairer, melee tank, heavy tank, rifle pe, pistol pe, rifle spy, droner, apu monks, and ppus.
What im getting at is i more or less have done that cycle enough times for it to be boring as bloody hell, and atm they have closed off mc5 so i cant spend all my time hoarding those parts that are about the only thing left of interest in the game for me.

I'm sorry... did you take my post seriously? did you think i would actually defend KK not bothering to patch and closing the only place to get the highest TL implants in the game?

once again KK have screwed up priorities i guess... concentrating on the TL rework on the test server? well guess what... there will be no one to test the new TL's soon enough O_o

Darkborg
23-04-04, 14:35
no jester not you the other guy winnoc and extract

icarium
23-04-04, 14:46
the thing that made this game for me was the people, plus being able to go do whatever i wanted if i didnt want to speak to anyone. all the decent people i knew have left, i log on, theres noone to talk to, i have a ppu, theres noone left to PPU. theres barely enough people on pluto at any one time for an op war. my other dude on pluto whos a droner and i loved playing him and levelling, i loved making my own drones, i didnt love logging on trying to find a researcher so i could get more drones bp'd and not being able to find one on the WHOLE server

the problem is exponential, the lower pops get, the more people will not bother logging on. i think KK can still stop the spiral with some cool new features (i hope they do). however i think they are hoping enough people will hang on to tide them over till they release DoY and get all these new players. i think they will be in for a shock though, i for one am v interested in WoW, most of the people interested in neocrons niche theme have already been and gone and this time its not just a break from the game.

i am also worried that KK will now start holding back features promised for upcoming patches to increase the "feature" count of DoY for these mythical new players. This is why i think the patch is delayed, because they are removing stuff from it they want to sell to us in DoY

i like many people have taken a break from NC before now and appreciated it more upon my return. when i leave this time i wont be coming back. and i think a lot of other players feel the same. we are sick of constant delays, the same bugs, fres and synching out. and being fobbed off time and time again. Another reason i think a lot of people left is because they simply do not believe DoY will be out 1st september, and going off past release dates and promises i too will be very surprised if its out then as well.

extract
23-04-04, 14:51
/@extract

you have really bored yourself of this game in that time?, Ive played that long at least and I too have done just about everything there is to do, the only thing I can honestly say is that I have never been into every single zone on the map....but then again empty zones are of no interest to me....and yet I still have fun whenever I log in, I see where many of you's concern lies, its because when you log on, you log on itching to fight someone, well maybe thats why I still like this game, cause population or not, Im still going to have something to do when I log in.....

I never log in with the mindset that Im gonna go pk someone right now, its to check my mails, maybe do some ressing,csting,poking for the people who need it....and then maybe I log my rifle spy, grab a few techs, kill tons of mobs, have fun in general.....

occasionally I tend to accumulate an assload of shit I dont need, rares namely, when that happens, I give noobs something to do for them, I make this game exciting for me when I play it, like I stated before, I dont rely on others to make it fun for me....

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 14:52
the thing that made this game for me was the people, plus being able to go do whatever i wanted if i didnt want to speak to anyone. all the decent people i knew have left, i log on, theres noone to talk to, i have a ppu, theres noone left to PPU. theres barely enough people on pluto at any one time for an op war. my other dude on pluto whos a droner and i loved playing him and levelling, i loved making my own drones, i didnt love logging on trying to find a researcher so i could get more drones bp'd and not being able to find one on the WHOLE server

the problem is exponential, the lower pops get, the more people will not bother logging on. i think KK can still stop the spiral with some cool new features (i hope they do). however i think they are hoping enough people will hang on to tide them over till they release DoY and get all these new players. i think they will be in for a shock though, i for one am v interested in WoW, most of the people interested in neocrons niche theme have already been and gone and this time its not just a break from the game.

i am also worried that KK will now start holding back features promised for upcoming patches to increase the "feature" count of DoY for these mythical new players. This is why i think the patch is delayed, because they are removing stuff from it they want to sell to us in DoY

i like many people have taken a break from NC before now and appreciated it more upon my return. when i leave this time i wont be coming back. and i think a lot of other players feel the same. we are sick of constant delays, the same bugs, fres and synching out. and being fobbed off time and time again. Another reason i think a lot of people left is because they simply do not believe DoY will be out 1st september, and going off past release dates and promises i too will be very surprised if its out then as well.

all true and 100% agreed

evs
23-04-04, 15:09
Unfortunatley Reakktor's continued silence on this matter condemns them even more so.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 15:12
Unfortunatley Reakktor's continued silence on this matter condemns them even more so.

I'ts not unexpected though

Darkborg
23-04-04, 15:14
Christ its pissing me off that they have this attitude towards us . "hmm if we ignore it it will probably go away".

Clothing_Option
23-04-04, 17:09
The majority of eXo will return when BDOY comes out other than that the clan will be largely inactive. THough a handful still regularly play

Liebestoter
23-04-04, 17:14
Christ its pissing me off that they have this attitude towards us . "hmm if we ignore it it will probably go away".

Oh, but the problem already is going away. Look at the server pop.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:17
Oh, but the problem already is going away. Look at the server pop.

it will soon be going away to the MMORPG that we cannot mention on these forums i suspect

ezza
23-04-04, 17:19
it will soon be going away to the MMORPG that we cannot mention on these forums i suspect
whats that? [ edited ] :angel:

i wont be going there

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:21
[ edited ]

ONOZ!

well... i might, then again i might not

i turned down (or didnt bother to fill out NDA for... technicalities) a GM spot there cos i was enjoyin NC... if they offered again now i wouldnt say no though :(

ezza
23-04-04, 17:23
heh from what i can tell a number of the GMs there are ex neocronites

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:28

possibly...

btw - whats with the childish "you cant say that here" crap...

i never have problems mentioning other MMORPG's here...

was it because [ edited ] stopped people saying it on their forums, so KK decided to be immature and say "well you cant post about <insert MMORPG name> on our forums now!"

its all nedlessly pathetic *sigh*

Morganth
23-04-04, 17:29

And if you think about it, if KK did something to attract their eyes back then they might come back to NC. Which would mean the DAoC community would most likely find out, and they might then come play NC instead of DAoC. However this wouldn't happen, because as more people walk away from NC, the less likely they are going to do anything for the current community until BDoY is released.

Strych9
23-04-04, 17:30
possibly...

btw - whats with the childish "you cant say that here" crap...

i never have problems mentioning other MMORPG's here...

was it because [ edited ] stopped people saying it on their forums, so KK decided to be immature and say "well you cant post about <insert MMORPG name> on our forums now!"

its all nedlessly pathetic *sigh*Forum policy here is that if the other game lets you talk about Neocron, they let you talk about that game here. If the other game forums dont let you discuss Neo, they dont let you discuss it here.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:35
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
23-04-04, 17:37
There's actually more to it than that. All I can say is that there are good (i.e. non-childish) reasons for the blanket ban on this "other" development and I'm going to have to ask you not to continue on this subject.

N

/edit - I'm serious about this...

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:40
There's actually more to it than that. All I can say is that there are good (i.e. non-childish) reasons for the blanket ban on this "other" development and I'm going to have to ask you not to continue on this subject.

N

/edit - I'm serious about this...

We don't close threads "that might get the community
talking about the problems." unless they degenerate into flaming & trolling. More often then not we leave them open as discussion is healthy.

although i may not agree that we cant talk about it (competition being a problem... people leaving for it is a problem)... "mods word is final" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so... Nid... back on topic... any chance you could direct a KK member to this thread to reply to the threadstarter?

Morganth
23-04-04, 17:42
although i may not agree that we cant talk about it (competition being a problem... people leaving for it is a problem)... "mods word is final" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so... Nid... back on topic... any chance you could direct a KK member to this thread to reply to the threadstarter?

Doesn't work, I directed Lupus onto a thread concerning MC5, and there was no reply made. :(

EDIT: And I think Carbonite might have visited it too, but I am not entirely sure on that.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:44
Doesn't work, I directed Lupus onto a thread concerning MC5, and there was no reply made. :(

EDIT: And I think Carbonite might have visited it too, but I am not entirely sure on that.

i think the MC5 thread got a reply... o_O

Babai
23-04-04, 17:45
Well, I would have logged more often but I hate levelling and I am stuck at 93 dex 89 int rifle spy. The levelling treadmill is just too boring, there is no fun for me to do the caves over and over again. I want to PvP but unless u are capped there is very little chance against capped players (esp as a spy).

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 17:46
Well, I would have logged more often but I hate levelling and I am stuck at 93 dex 89 int rifle spy. The levelling treadmill is just too boring, there is no fun for me to do the caves over and over again. I want to PvP but unless u are capped there is very little chance against capped players (esp as a spy).

rifle spy long range will have no problems.

rifle spy close range needs the +str imps really... and as such needs high base int / dex (as you say, hard to PvP without being capped)

leveling treadmil may suck... but we all have to do it :(

:edit: if you are saying you dont log on cos you dont like leveling... maybe a MMORPG isnt for you?

Strych9
23-04-04, 17:53
:edit: if you are saying you dont log on cos you dont like leveling... maybe a MMORPG isnt for you?Agreed. Like he said, we all have to go through the same thing.

Besides, what about bucking tradition and trying to get your kill on without a capped char? PvP can be fun even if you dont always win. ;)

Besides the necessity for capped chars is minimized in group PvP situations. Roll with some friends and try some pvp.

ezza
23-04-04, 17:54
or pick on nibs :angel:

Strych9
23-04-04, 17:57
or pick on nibs :angel:LOL.

Honestly though- just attack other non-capped runners. If you see /65, dont attack that runner if you are worried about the fact you arent capped.

Unless you catch my constructor outside in the wastelands- cause if you catch him, a nib monk can take him down. [;)]

Morganth
23-04-04, 18:02
i think the MC5 thread got a reply... o_O

My bad, although it did take a while, and only happened AFTER I posted a link in another thread for Lupus and Carbonite to check out.

Liebestoter
23-04-04, 18:17
Not trying to troll/flame/get whacked with the b& stick, but uh, what MMORPG's name gets edited? PM it to me or something, just curious. O_o

Jesterthegreat
23-04-04, 19:08
My bad, although it did take a while, and only happened AFTER I posted a link in another thread for Lupus and Carbonite to check out.

then mybe your linkage worked?

Morganth
23-04-04, 19:10
then mybe your linkage worked?

Good point! :lol:

Maybe we should all do this if you see a GM in the "Who is Watching" list at the bottom of the thread, stick a link in to something which you think is important that can only be answered by them/someone they can contact.

Whitestuff
23-04-04, 20:04
8 pages of replies all mostly talking about the problem and the thread has been up for most of the week.. . . The problem is severe and we all know it to be true.... AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE!?!? Ha!

Well Nid responded, but he's just keeping the nuts and bolts in order....

Well, it is true, I guess KK is just trying to let the problem go away. And it is. I am going to close one of my two accounts today and resign from writing for NEMA. I haven't played enough to write a journal entry anyway.

Strych9
23-04-04, 20:13
8 pages of replies all mostly talking about the problem and the thread has been up for most of the week.. . . The problem is severe and we all know it to be true.... AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE!?!? Ha!

Well Nid responded, but he's just keeping the nuts and bolts in order....

Well, it is true, I guess KK is just trying to let the problem go away. And it is. I am going to close one of my two accounts today and resign from writing for NEMA. I haven't played enough to write a journal entry anyway.If you are willing to assume that KK just doesnt care simply because they havent responded to this particular thread (and even though the answer to this through wouldnt be a small one liner response) then I dont think you really need to justify it to yourself anyway.

If everyone cancelled accounts in a game when a thread doesnt get a response...

Whitestuff
23-04-04, 20:57
If you are willing to assume that KK just doesnt care simply because they havent responded to this particular thread (and even though the answer to this through wouldnt be a small one liner response) then I dont think you really need to justify it to yourself anyway.

If everyone cancelled accounts in a game when a thread doesnt get a response...

Oh, I'm sorry, do I need to post everything they have screwed up, postponed, not told the english forums, not commented on, etc etc....???

My post was in response to everything this community has put up with over the last year. This thread just addresses the main concern I have with this game at this point in time. KK needs to see the problem, they need to acknowledge it publicly and do something about it, and not just in the German forums and wait for someone who cross posts to translate it.

Like I said, it isn't just this particular problem, it is a total of everything they have done to this communnity over the last year, not the least of which, delaying DoY 5-6 times now.

And on top of this, the in game atmosphere is getting worse, with more ill mannered children than I have ever seen in game. It really isn't a fun game to play anymore for a lot of people. I usually have great patience with this sort of stuff. 10 months ago, when all the leaving threads began to hit heavily, I just sat here and said, "oh you'll be back, this game is too good..." I then watched those people come back and most have since left AGAIN!? That says something about the game and the community right there, only now, those who are leaving are taking their friends with them, and for good reason.

See, it isn't just a no reply to this post, its a lot of things KK has dropped the ball on + the fact that others are seeing it too, and canceling accounts. I am sorry that some people will stick it out like I have, only to realize in 5 months it probably wont get much better.

deac
23-04-04, 21:02
If you are willing to assume that KK just doesnt care simply because they havent responded to this particular thread (and even though the answer to this through wouldnt be a small one liner response) then I dont think you really need to justify it to yourself anyway.

or it might be the stupid ass long time its been closed? a thing like that should take half a day to fix :\

plague
23-04-04, 21:31
or it might be the stupid ass long time its been closed? a thing like that should take half a day to fix :\
well they wanna relise all fixes in one patch all together and thereis much to be done bt i do agree tho that they should of made teh hotfix patch..

Zu (Pluto)
24-04-04, 14:24

They've been doing that already. Anti-City Epics for a start. That was meant to be out with DoY and since it had been delayed they've been holding it back indefinately. There's a couple of other things at least I'm sure.

I am 100% certain KK is monitoring this thread. But what can they say? What reply can they possibly give to us? We all know what we WANT to hear them say, but that's something very different from reality.

Zu

Jesterthegreat
24-04-04, 14:26
They've been doing that already. Anti-City Epics for a start. That was meant to be out with DoY and since it had been delayed they've been holding it back indefinately. There's a couple of other things at least I'm sure.

I am 100% certain KK is monitoring this thread. But what can they say? What reply can they possibly give to us? We all know what we WANT to hear them say, but that's something very different from reality.

Zu

they could say what they are gonna do about ctive server pops? O_o

they could talk to the new publishers and try to get some info for the publishing campaign, then tell us some of it?

they could discuss the matter with the people that are too stupid / stubben / addicted to quit...

Scikar
24-04-04, 14:31

Like what? Do you even know what the problem is? You've suddenly become adept at coding AI and could fix the problem with MC5 mobs not going aggro on people in half a day, without affecting anything else in the game?

extract
24-04-04, 14:52
Like what? Do you even know what the problem is? You've suddenly become adept at coding AI and could fix the problem with MC5 mobs not going aggro on people in half a day, without affecting anything else in the game?

not going agro? are you telling me that the exploit was that people were killing them in there without them shooting back? LOL

icarium
24-04-04, 16:15

thats absolutely no argument tbh

we arent paid to for a start, nor are we trying to sell subscriptions to a product we have produced. if they dont have coders, hire more. if they cant afford to hire more, expect customers to be unhappy when bugs take aeons to fix. its a simple formula. i really like (or liked) this game, dont get me wrong, but dont let rabid fanboiism blind you to the truth. MC5 was one of the only things a lot of people enjoyed doing anymore, they closed it and they have not even indicated when they are going to fix it. It genuinely wouldnt surprise me if they planned on leaving it shut until the (alleged) release of doy. Just like a lot of features we had every right to expect in NC are now being held back for DoY (which started out free remember, although i have no objection to paying) that they are expecting us to fork out for for EACH of our accounts, old bugs are still in, features promised havent been delivered, doy has been delayed time and time again. Its no wonder people are leaving. thats without adding competition from all the other nice looking MMorpgs on the horizon.

Scikar
24-04-04, 18:04
thats absolutely no argument tbh

we arent paid to for a start, nor are we trying to sell subscriptions to a product we have produced. if they dont have coders, hire more. if they cant afford to hire more, expect customers to be unhappy when bugs take aeons to fix. its a simple formula. i really like (or liked) this game, dont get me wrong, but dont let rabid fanboiism blind you to the truth. MC5 was one of the only things a lot of people enjoyed doing anymore, they closed it and they have not even indicated when they are going to fix it. It genuinely wouldnt surprise me if they planned on leaving it shut until the (alleged) release of doy. Just like a lot of features we had every right to expect in NC are now being held back for DoY (which started out free remember, although i have no objection to paying) that they are expecting us to fork out for for EACH of our accounts, old bugs are still in, features promised havent been delivered, doy has been delayed time and time again. Its no wonder people are leaving. thats without adding competition from all the other nice looking MMorpgs on the horizon.

Go read. Thanatos posted already that there will be a couple of test server patches in the next two weeks, followed by a retail patch containing a fix for MC5. And don't give crap about it being one of the few things people enjoyed, nobody enjoyed MC5, it's a horrible place to level. People only enjoyed getting their MC5 chips, they certainly did not have a great deal of fun being killed in 3 shots and having no cover to hide behind, plus the lag caused by their CopBot rifles.

You think you have a right to say what should and should not be in NC? Wrong. Your only right is to decide whether or not to pay for, and play, the game. Beyond that you can ask, not demand. And as I said in the other thread, KK have no doubt made a nice profit out of Neocron, if I was MJS, considering the hostility this community currently shows, I'd leave it up as long it was making a profit, then shut down the servers, and instead of DoY, get Neocron 2 done, with a decent new engine underneath. Sod this whining, flaming community, and develop NC2 for 2 or 3 years, come back with a proper release, make NC2 what NC1 should have always been, and with a bit of luck a better community.

Mr_Snow
24-04-04, 18:14
2 and a half months since last test server patch... and counting

Rith
24-04-04, 18:36
Sod this whining, flaming community, and develop NC2 for 2 or 3 years, come back with a proper release, make NC2 what NC1 should have always been, and with a bit of luck a better community.

The problem is the community is what KK has created.

Until they learn to manage a community they'll never really achieve any sort of mainstream success.

You don't need the best MMORPG, you need the best marketing and customer relationship management. KK's approach to community interaction shows all the hall marks of best intentions but absolute amateurish execution. The really scarey thing is they don't seem to have learnt a single thing about managing this community. They still make the same mistakes time and time again.

Marx
24-04-04, 20:17
The problem is the community is what KK has created.This is true.

Most of the people who used to support KK wholeheartedly have left because of KK. Remember Reefy? He was the number one fanboi of our time, he kept alot of the vet populace at bay, then he posts a leaving post saying for all intents and purposes "Fuck this!". That broadcast a clear message to the rest of the vets at that time, notice most are gone (or at least inactive) now.

All the players who used to to be good public figureheads are gone. Now the populace runs amok because there aren't the people who used to add proper context to issues. Instead, you have the whordes of miffed people who want to try and make a point with their angered text. "OMG, FU KOS KK". Perhaps if there was more communication between the figureheads of old, you'd still have them to say "Chill, lots of stuff to do, etc etc."

The same players who tried to keep it civil on the forums were also usually the players who hosted events and make things happen. By losing them you lost those few players who were willing to give of themselves to make the playerbase content. This in my opinion, was the worst loss for the community.

Now, if all MMO's had official forums, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the same drama there that you see here... This is part of whats expected when a company makes an official forum for their game... However, I also feel its the responsibility of the group if they're willing to make a public official forum to be willing to answer and assist the community.

If KK didn't want to, they could simply close down the forums and rely on feedback from other NC-related forums... Just like most MMO's out there today.

Heavyporker
25-04-04, 00:01
don't say taht there aren't any players willing to host events, because that's just flat wrong, trust me.

Marx
25-04-04, 00:42
don't say taht there aren't any players willing to host events, because that's just flat wrong, trust me.
Seeing as you and me have both hosted and supported events... I know there are a few. But not of the same caliber, and not with the same support net that used to exist among the players.

icarium
25-04-04, 01:25
Go read. Thanatos posted already that there will be a couple of test server patches in the next two weeks, followed by a retail patch containing a fix for MC5. And don't give crap about it being one of the few things people enjoyed, nobody enjoyed MC5, it's a horrible place to level. People only enjoyed getting their MC5 chips, they certainly did not have a great deal of fun being killed in 3 shots and having no cover to hide behind, plus the lag caused by their CopBot rifles.

You think you have a right to say what should and should not be in NC? Wrong. Your only right is to decide whether or not to pay for, and play, the game. Beyond that you can ask, not demand. And as I said in the other thread, KK have no doubt made a nice profit out of Neocron, if I was MJS, considering the hostility this community currently shows, I'd leave it up as long it was making a profit, then shut down the servers, and instead of DoY, get Neocron 2 done, with a decent new engine underneath. Sod this whining, flaming community, and develop NC2 for 2 or 3 years, come back with a proper release, make NC2 what NC1 should have always been, and with a bit of luck a better community.

it would appear server populations are backing me up though wouldnt it? ;)

plus i dont think MJS could stop and go do neocron 2, hed probably blow it all on rolexes and ferranti sunglasses.

Darkborg
25-04-04, 05:09
I find Rith to have hit it Spot on here.
Yes scikar he could do that. just go to NC2 i mean.
But then what, bet on the usual business model, This what were seeing now would surely be OH Soooooooo popular at that time as well. :rolleyes:
Especially with stuff Like WoW coming out