PDA

View Full Version : Scary Guy - and a challenge

Saza
19-04-04, 19:31
Allwighty guys n gals. Just had a talk in school from one of the COOLEST people ever - Scary Guy. Yes. That's his name. Scary Guy.

Anyways, this dude was a tattoo artist and covered his body in tattoos, and called people names because he used to be called names in school, but eventually he decided that all the violence and prejudice stuff has to be sorted out. So he set us a challenge. And I give you the challenge now.

Don't deride anybody or call them hurtful names, for SEVEN DAYS.

Try it. It's difficult, but rather rewarding. This includes Neocron too. Oh - and hug more people. Apparently to be "normal" you need to hug 16 people a day.

If you do slip up and insult someone - apologise. Then the negative energy you gave them is eradicated and we are all better people.

If you are gonna take up the challenge, post here and report back in eight days. Because on the eighth day, apparently something will happen to you.

Check out his website:

www.thescaryguy.com

Good luck everybody. Hope you take up the challenge.

J. Folsom
19-04-04, 19:34
... I don't think I'll manage that for more then two hours if I get the chance to be mean and sarcastic. :p

Though I do generally make clear it's a joke, so if that counts, then apart from the hugs I've been passing this for erm... The last 2 or 3 years, I think.

Sorontar
19-04-04, 19:41
I'm a big believer in the ripple effect ..........

You know

You slam a door on someone in a city centre
They steal someone's taxi
That person then gets on a plane and flies to Hong Kong , but they push past someone getting off the flight and spill the persons drink without apologising.
That person then dis-embarks and steals someone's taxi
That person then slams a door in someone's face at their hotel.

Yeah ... be nice to more people I reckon.

Sometimes some people go TOO far and are just plain rude , I cannot help but tell them exactly what they are then.

Saza
19-04-04, 19:41
... I don't think I'll manage that for more then two hours if I get the chance to be mean and sarcastic. :p

Though I do generally make clear it's a joke, so if that counts, then apart from the hugs I've been passing this for erm... The last 2 or 3 years, I think.

Well apparently if you make clear it's a joke, I GUESS its the same as apologising, but just apologising anyway would be superrrrrr. Remember, even if you think its funny, the next person might carry the weight of that insult with them for the rest of their lives.

superfresh
19-04-04, 19:46
Is there a command for "hug"?

Saza
19-04-04, 19:48
Is there a command for "hug"?

You're onto something there...

Edit: I see you viewing this thread Shads..... take the challenge..... do it....

Possessed
19-04-04, 19:51
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there."

It's also a single digit number of muscles to slap someone.

Ah god bless laziness.

Shadow Dancer
19-04-04, 19:52
Try it. It's difficult,

No it's not.

If it's actually "difficult" for someone to not insult another person for 7 days, then they have some issues they need to work through IMO.

The hugging 16 people though. I dunno about that. :p

Thing is, some people would feel awkard if you were to hug them. It might make them feel uncomfortable. Obviously i'm not talking about family, hehe.

Do virtual hugs count?

*hugs Saza*

:p

J. Folsom
19-04-04, 19:53
Well apparently if you make clear it's a joke, I GUESS its the same as apologising, but just apologising anyway would be superrrrrr. Remember, even if you think its funny, the next person might carry the weight of that insult with them for the rest of their lives.Should probably have clarified more, but if it's clear to me someone is really insulted by what I said, then I do apologize.

Barak
19-04-04, 19:56
hugs and be nice to people?.. haha not likely it's just human nature that and the large ratio of tosser - good lad (or lass) is about 20-1

meh

Saza
19-04-04, 19:56
No it's not.

If it's actually "difficult" for someone to not insult another person for 7 days, then they have some issues they need to work through IMO.

You'd be suprised. One of my mates, has been out with the same girl 3 times, and on each occassion, he has 2-timed her. We all call him a general ass cuz of it, and its become reflex for us to call him one whenever he does something stupid. Hey, we mean it as a joke, and he laughs with us, but he might acutally be repressing it deep down...

Barak
19-04-04, 20:00
Hey, we mean it as a joke, and he laughs with us, but he might acutally be repressing it deep down...
saza is now offically 110% girly

Saza
19-04-04, 20:00
hugs and be nice to people?.. haha not likely it's just human nature that and the large ratio of tosser - good lad (or lass) is about 20-1

meh

Maybe so Barak, but if you take the challenge, then who knows. The more people that take it, the less insults we get. And then we get less hurt people who insult others just to make themselves feel better....

Edit:

See Barak, it's stuff like this that could really upset someone. I will take it as a joke, but I get comments like that all the time and, if said in the right way and at the right time by the right person, then it can really hurt. If its girly to try to make the world a better place, then yes, yes I am being girly.

superfresh
19-04-04, 20:02
I think if I saw a gentank coming at me with arms outstretched it would be more unsettling than if he had a Devourer.

Barak
19-04-04, 20:03
right and after that we will feel the need to run around with flowers in our hair and spread love thruout the land....

fekkin hell....

Possessed
19-04-04, 20:03

Barak, I gave someone all my money today, and they didn't hug me :( :(

I cry now :'(

Lets all hold hands and encircle the world with flowers and rainbows!!1!

http://www.beachbar.com.au/images/imagegallery/hippies%20.jpg

Oh and Barak is right, it's human nature to be an ass

Shadow Dancer
19-04-04, 20:04
right and after that we will feel the need to run around with flowers in our hair and spread love thruout the land....

fekkin hell....

Saza is right though.

But the chances of people taking this seriously is about the same as DOY being released sept 1. :p

Parappa
19-04-04, 20:04
Easy, insulting is a stupid and energy consuming useless activity.
Hugging... invade my personal space and lose an arm... not kidding.

Barak
19-04-04, 20:08
i'd like to see someone try and stop me from calling people names for 7 days.. can't get by without calling someone a bastard, git or fekker... lifes boring without them :'(

Saza
19-04-04, 20:08

fekkin hell....

No Barak - all I ask is to take the challenge and see what happens. You may not be changed - fine. It doesn't matter. It's not about "spreading love", its about making a person that could be really emotionally scarred feel better about themself, so they wont lash out at you or anyone else. Its not girly, its not hippy-like - it called doing whats right.

hivemind
19-04-04, 20:19
No thanks. I got enough friends. I'll stick to hugging my wife and insulting everyone else.

Saza
19-04-04, 20:25
No thanks. I got enough friends. I'll stick to hugging my wife and insulting everyone else.

Very well, your decision. I'm not gonna hate you for it :)

hivemind
19-04-04, 20:41
Fucker. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Shadow Dancer
19-04-04, 20:55
Fucker. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

OMG U LOSS TEH CHALLANJ

LLOLOLOOLLOLO

Mingerroo
19-04-04, 21:01
:) Its good to see more people coming around to the "don't attack and harm others" way of life. If they really REALLY do bother you, just ignore them.

Oh, and a cyber-hug goes to each individual poster in this thread :)

Steve

Al3X
19-04-04, 21:02
Thing is, some people would feel awkard if you were to hug them. It might make them feel uncomfortable.

so true, even though some people would feel comfortable if you hug them, i can take of many that would simply dont like it at all if ANYONE other then family or lover tries to hug them at all. some people just like their own personal space (arm length around the body) and anyone who tries to enter that space is simply an "invader"

Oath
19-04-04, 21:16
I saw this guy on 'the wright stuff' pretty funny how everyone was scared shitless of him simply based on appearence, hes a nice guy, but his views are fucked, screw hugging 16 people, i can hug one person 16 times if thats enough.

Barak
19-04-04, 21:32
screw hugging 16 people, i can hug one person 16 times if thats enough.
no you can't hug me 16 times Oath :p

Oath
19-04-04, 21:37
no you can't hug me 16 times Oath :p

I'm going to cry now :(

Ok fair enough, can i hug rince you think?

Possessed
19-04-04, 21:41
You can hug me sexy ^^

I haven't seen rince in the past few days :o

Oath
19-04-04, 21:44
You can hug me sexy ^^

I haven't seen rince in the past few days :o

ONOZ

Anyway, the whole attitude of this guy should be an example of what bullying can do to people :lol:

Opar
19-04-04, 21:50
He's ugly.....

I'll try..... or maybe not.

jiga
19-04-04, 22:23
I don't mind the being nice to each other stuff but I think the hugging stuff may be a bit OTT and perhap he is...well lets just say he likes purple velvet/leather trousers

rob444
19-04-04, 22:26
How can someone decide whats normal? Because there is no normality.

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 22:32
bein nice to people is WRONG! I mean, how can I not be mean to DF for 7 days? or Hinch, or Rince, or Oath? Esp DF though hehehe.

Nah, I'll stick with being evil, k.thx.hugs

JackScratch
19-04-04, 22:34
I agree with the premise, but not the execution. You want to realy acomplish something, try takeing the same chalenge, only instead of not saying anything derogitory, try not giveing any one else a reason to say anything derogitory. A little harder, a little more effective. I'm a believer in actions, not words. Seems odd comeing from me, huh?

I'm afraid this sounds a little too much like hippy, born again, wican stuff to me, all good in theory, but not very well thought out.

jiga
19-04-04, 22:36
What if ****************** came back to life and slapped u in the face? could u bare not to go mental and perhaps not give him a hug?

Kenjuten
20-04-04, 01:37
Hm..

No comment @ this thread or the challenge in general. O_o

I hardly call people names...once in a while I can be really ditzy and call someone something in joking passing, especially if I'm friends with them, but when I'm in control of myself, I don't find any reason to call anyone anything derogatory or negatively.

Melkior
20-04-04, 01:54
has anyone actually looked at that website? i nearly woke my house up laughing....

FBI
20-04-04, 10:40
I am a man that believes there is an opposite to everything and both have to
coincide for either to exist. This world wouldn't function without hate, sadly
but conceivably true. With every swear there is a compliment, with every hug
there is a fist, and if your religious, if there's a heaven there's a hell. Getting rid
of hate or even harder violence is just not possible unless your an architech
and create your own matrix world the way you want (matrix geek ;)).

As someone mentioned the ripple effect, it's something definately to believe
in and to take seriously, everything has a cause and an effect. This world is
so complex filled with endless possibilities and problems, the murphy law, revenge,
criminals, etc there will never be peace.

Possible scenerio+ripple effect+murphy law:
A drunk male finishes up drinking out at a bar all night after finding out his
wife has admitedly been cheating on him for a long time with his best friend,
so he heads home from the bar... being exhausted from a long days work, he
falls asleep at the wheel and runs over your <insert here> loved one of the
family as they were getting out of a car from the icecream shop, now who
is to blame? The wifey who broke her vows? The best friend? The booze?
The bar? The Boss for overworking him? The driver is found not guilty, so
where is the finger going to point, you need revenge don't you? Are you
going to forgive the drunk driver, pehaps hug him, say thanks.. of course not.
You cannot forgive someone that doesn't forgive themselves in the first place.

The world needs hate and love to be balanced.

There will never be peace unless we all lock each other up in individual padded
rooms and strap us down to chairs with no contact to another being thus allowing
ourselves to rott and decay.

If the scary guy wants to help kids in hospitals, schools and just teach them
the right thing to do then that's fine. But world peace is never going to happen,
there's just too much diversity, cultures, struggle for survival, money,
misunderstandings, death, "7 deadly sins", ripple effects, butterfly effects, the
murphy law, and so on. It's just inevitable as our own demise.

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm not being negative it's just a reality. This guy
decided to change from bad to good one day and wants to change everyone
else which is great, good luck to him, after all he's a real like comic superhero :)
Let him sell his clothing line and bobble heads to fund his traveling while
he's at it. But I'm going to keep on doing what I do, the right thing always. I'd
die for any family relative I have, put my ass on the line for friends, respect
strangers if they respect me and mind my own business if it's not connected
to me or people i care about. I'll teach these values to my son/daughter and
continue the cycle until my blood line ends. As for the challenge, no thanks.
I've already won and his mission is already a failure, but his cause is not.

Off to sleep, gnite people... respect yourself and others.

Parad0x -FBI

Melkior
20-04-04, 11:34
@ FBI - Dude, you get a hug!! *hugs*

n3m
20-04-04, 11:41
k hugged 8 ppl so far :p

except for Folsom //edit: sorry :p