PDA

View Full Version : New TL system.

bounty
19-04-04, 17:47
Can someone please explain to me, exactly what the "revamp" in tech levels for all the weapons is going to essentially do? I guess I don't know enough about the details of how neocron works to really understand what this means for the players. How will it effect game play, etc?

n3m
19-04-04, 17:51
Well for one, weapons are going to be balanced
Say a TL100 weapon will do (?) the same dmg as a TL100 rare, only thing ur losing is the swirly from the rare

They need to patch it ffs, best patch ever

Strych9
19-04-04, 17:58
The patch does this:

item TL = weapon damage

Right now,you will find some lower TL weapons doing more damage than higher TL weapons. That will be corrected.

So hopefully, it will ALWAYS be good to use the highest TL weapon possible.

Clownst0pper
19-04-04, 18:03
Thats the thing what worrys me.

Take melee for example.

If your wanting the most dmg, based on TL, use a devils grace, what use are the rare knuckles at tl 104 - 11 TL's lower. There obviously going to do less dmg so why use them? Because they look cool? Melee obviously is the same range and ROF so ud always go for the highest TL.

In terms of rifles/pistols/H-C, there is variety compared

S.L.B.
19-04-04, 18:12
If your wanting the most dmg, based on TL, use a devils grace, what use are the rare knuckles at tl 104 - 11 TL's lower. There obviously going to do less dmg so why use them? Because they look cool? Melee obviously is the same range and ROF so ud always go for the highest TL.

But you'll still have the different damage types. The DG is energy based, and the PoT/PoB/BoC/VR are pierce, Knuckles - Force (maybe?)

So there should still be a difference to account for resists and armor... but will it be enough of a difference? Probably not.

Isn't it also supposed introduce new weapons to make it so that there isn't such a huge gap between weapons as there is now?
(Str 42 for Face Scratcher, and next is PoT at 68)
and
(LLB2 at Str 55 to Energy SoulBlade at Str 90).

Heavyporker
19-04-04, 18:22
and besides, damage being fairer in relation to TL means that non-cookie cutter setups should be a *tad* more viable now...

and besides, what about when you're leveling a char and you can't sue the top item, eh? I think when faced with that little obstacle you'll agree its much fairier to actually be viable whatever level you are at than just dully stand at the sidelines waiting until you're capped to do jackshit, right? :P

brackk
19-04-04, 18:45
My only problem with the TL proposals is the threads in test advise that drones are balanced yet all indications are that tests were run with capped rares. Since noone in their right mind is going to use anything but bp/cst drones droners are getting shafted from 120 all stats to 79 or so on the TL120 drones. I just gave my drone parts collection to our clan because after over 2 mos of hunting i had YET to complete a single rare drone.

Kenjuten
20-04-04, 01:17
Will this system mean that the CS for example will finally be cappable in both aiming and rof (without kami)? Or is it just to change/fix the damage outputs?