PDA

View Full Version : Pking For Sl

IceHawk2684
19-04-04, 17:32
This was an idea i had come up with a while back that alot of people seemed to like so i figured id toss it up for grabs.

The ability to gain SL from enemy faction players.

-listen to the whole thing before i post i want intelligent posts not 10yr old bishfest plz-

First off the most obvious problem... thinking like a PKer..

PKER: "LETS PK THE 0/2's FOR SL! HRHRHRH! PWN!"

this won't work. The SL system has to be done by ranking. Pretty much the same way an epic works. Granted with more flexibility. The player has to be minium 15 combat level's below you or most def. higher than u.

If the rank is higher than yours u get a fairly decent amount of SL... say the equivalent of a very hard mission maybe evne a little more since u need to put effort into PKing the player and its not just osme dumb mob that will only growl at u as u gut it.

now if u pick on someone lower than 15 from ur current ranking u gain low SL say a hard or easy mission. And if u PK below that, forget it no SL benefits.

Since according ot the Devs neocron is gonna go full blown PVP it seems nice to have this buffer in place rather than spend it hugging a terminal over and over to gain some SL.

It would also expand more faction wars maybe even clan wars outside of OP's. Ive already seen clans gut themselves in non warzones and its funny singing by and hacking the belts as they kill each other.

Maybe even increase the SL loss penalty for the lower level players. So people think twice about killing the 0/2's. Altho its fun... so quick! someone say something to change my mind about this one section of the SL idea. ^_^;;

If you tell me id gain SL for killing a faction hostile... im raiding MB every second of my life on my crahn guys. hell id even go with my tradeskillers and punch my tl150 tool thru someone's face. :lol: :angel: :lol:

XSuneX
19-04-04, 17:35
Well I was going to vote yet but you put thos 4 letters before the word YES I will not say. :)

SynC_187
19-04-04, 17:41
Yeah, might be a good idea but spoiled by a completely bias kids poll.

IceHawk2684
19-04-04, 17:45
lol sorry i had too... come on i have 4 combat chars and 1 useless tradeskiller im a PKer at heart. Not like it matters eventually u will have PKing parties the way KK is setting up neocron for DOY. it was even quoted... all safezones will be removed ^_^;; so... umm... yeah. all i can say is... theres gonna be alot of people hugging the 1 or 2 safezones in the game after. and just imagine how many people will be camping for u to go outside to gank.

so would u be happy knowing u have SL so u don't drop 99% of everything on u?

Archeus
19-04-04, 18:31
I voted no. First up you should of had a maybe option (which I would of voted for) but your poll is biased as well.

Ok the system while good is too exploitable. It is bad enough having enemy faction members helping PK'ers (so you can't easily take them out) but this would just encourage it more.

IceHawk2684
19-04-04, 18:48
well as i recall the description to neocron in every website ive seen it adver. puts it as a game FPS with an RPG feel. now... how many FPS involve not shooting someone? much less someone who is a player? it makes no sense and KK notices it too when their slowly little by little setting it up to the point i doubt ud even be able to wear an LE soon. And like i said earlier its in the DOY plan file that neocron will become intensely more PVP even enough to spread into the city areas with a nice enough team to do it.

so its really just trying to stop the inevitable. Once the new system takes effect u can expect alot of people to leave and stop playing simply because they can't handle a game thats based on killing. People seem to take neocron as those carebear games like Earth and Beyond was. But as i recall Earth and Beyond died off due to lack of that. They promised their players PVP for so much and log that everyone left and EA pretty much gave up.

I don't wanna sound bias but this game basically has in big bold letters printed !PVP DIE BISH CUZ j00 SUX! all over it. And once the faction sympathies are once again re-alinged in doy making it neocron vs DOY i doubt there will be much room for anything else. U will see way more PKing left and right.

Im just trying to make PKing be beneficial besides a usual rant of I OWNED U! or the spamings in trade channel. Something for the non hacker to benefit from no matter how little. I have yet to see a hacking HC tank that can successfully PK.

so yeah. I would atleast like to get some SL from ganking someone. Im sure we all would, it would also open up the fact people with red soulight won't stay camping their apartment.

All i do when i get red SL is sit in my appy and camp it til i get green and repeat. Now if they made it so i gained SL then why not... id keep Pking 24/7 rather than just the 10 or 15 players i can PK while doing cyclops missions.

retr0n
19-04-04, 19:08
OMFG YES!!!! LETS START A PK TEAM!
IM A CAREBEAR LEAVE ME ALONE ILL PUT MY LE IN

Why do people have a problem with a Yes/No/Undecided poll ?
If someone wants to vote No on your poll doesnt mean he/she is a carebare,
but doesnt agree with your solution.

Back on topic: I agree with parts of it, but somehow there I feel there will
be alot more noob ganking if they implement that.

Saza
19-04-04, 19:23
lol sorry i had too... come on i have 4 combat chars and 1 useless tradeskiller im a PKer at heart. Not like it matters eventually u will have PKing parties the way KK is setting up neocron for DOY. it was even quoted... all safezones will be removed ^_^;; so... umm... yeah. all i can say is... theres gonna be alot of people hugging the 1 or 2 safezones in the game after. and just imagine how many people will be camping for u to go outside to gank.

so would u be happy knowing u have SL so u don't drop 99% of everything on u?

Dude - people arent complaining about your idea that much - its the biased polls that is getting you no votes. Don't do it in future - is a very childish idea.

Sorry if any of that came across as derogatory, I really wanna help Scary Guy share the love. Lots of love and hugs for everybody! :angel: . And mods - yes, yes I am advertising Scary Guy, but he has a very deep and meaningful message that we can all profit from.

Back on topic - decent idea - no more biased polls. I'll vote yes this time...

J. Folsom
19-04-04, 19:29
Where's the "OMG, I HVE MOR THEN 2 BRIN CELS AN HD A IDA MSELF!!!!111!!!" option? :p

Personally, I think we should just ditch SL. Which I'm certain is an idea quite a large amount of players would love, as well as a large amount of players would have.

However, it would need to be replaced, as far as I'm concerned into something different.

Since BDoY is apparently going to change the focus on city vs. city instead of faction vs. faction, make soullight the new gauge of which city you belong to. If it's positive Neocron will allow you inside, if it's negative DoY will allow you inside (With allowed inside, I obviously mean that the generic guards for that city will leave you alone; copbots for NC, DoY whatevers for DoY).
Obviously, factions related to one of the two sides will automattically kick you out if you get too bad relationship with their side, this would throw you into a faction of which the relationships depend on your new soullight; if you're on DoY's side when it comes to soullight the DoY factions will be friendly towards you, otherwise the NC factions will be friendly towards you.

Now as for how your soullight changes, this would depend on the soullight of the person you kill; if you kill someone one of the two sides really cares about (In english, they have their soullight either very high or low) this would have a huge effect on your soullight, otherwise the effect would be far smaller.

Also, the current relations between factions could still be used for this; if you're hostile to a faction on the same side, the effect on your soullight would be less then it would be if you were allied. While this means you full out kill all hostiles which are on the same side, you could kill them if really necesarry.

Of course, this would also mean that NC keeps track of who the original aggressor was, since it's a pain if you can't defend yourself.

EDIT: Should probably mention this was just an idea I had about 5 minutes ago, so it might be as flawed as it get's, didn't really think about it too much.