PDA

View Full Version : Clan recruitment?

holmedog
19-04-04, 16:29
Ok, so I've been playing for the last month on Saturn (syal) and have noticed one thing that I hate about this game. Community interaction consists of the following: Guy sees me, I see guy. I start to say "Hi" and get shot. Faction doesn't matter. So here is my innate problem. With no newbie friendly community, how in the bloody hell am I supposed to find a clan? I've managed to level my str to 70 alone, or the occasional group when i manage to get some r/l friends on. The forum posts in game are bullshit to say the least for clan recruitment. And I have never seen anyone talk in the custom channels.

Either way /rant off. Hopefully someone can help.

Jest
19-04-04, 16:33
Try and strike up a conversation with people in safe zones, I'm sure you can get to know some people there. :)

Lafiel
19-04-04, 16:36
ya its always easy to find someone to talk to in safe zones... if not, i feel bad for you and saturn....

come play pluto. the far superior server of the lot :D

ezza
19-04-04, 16:38
what faction are you?

im not sure why allies would shoot you, though ive attacked and been attacked by allies in the past but then thats with reason.

if you are crahn your welcome to join my clan

if you looking for someone to hunt with ill be on tonight, just as long as you aint enemy :D

Edit: oh and about the custom chats, do you have the Xs next to them, cos you may not have them selected

Jest
19-04-04, 16:41
Edit: oh and about the custom chats, do you have the Xs next to them, cos you may not have them selected He prolly does. Why those things are default muted I will never know.

winnoc
19-04-04, 16:45
Do what i did, try to go hunting with some nice people and you'll be invited into a clan sooner or later.
I even changed faction for my first char to get into Templars.

Started out as Diamond, in a clan called "The Alliance" , realy cool clan.
Then got ganked by TG at mb bunker sooooo many times i decided i would join anyone who was killing them. Just so happens Burana was my gunner when hunting warbots and he kinda invited me.

Just find a clan that suits your playing style. Help your clan out with hunting rares and give stuff to your friends if you don't need it. In return you get some cool friends, much more fun playing, easier acces to rare weapons, and yeah... you can call in reinforcements when you're being attacked.

Capt. Rik
19-04-04, 18:17
Started out as Diamond, in a clan called "The Alliance" , realy cool clan.

*sniff* The Alliance is no more

Morganth
19-04-04, 18:20
*sniff* The Alliance is no more

Indeed, went on to better things. Can't see out of the 850+ members of DRE faction that only about 6 of them were active. Me thinks DRE should get deleted or merged with CA, as technically it is a division of CA.

holmedog
19-04-04, 19:23
Holy christ that is stupid about the chat channels. Thanks bro. I've been playing a month using buddy chat w/ some friends. Someone should really get the word out to newbies about how to use chat channels.

Morganth
19-04-04, 19:31
Holy christ that is stupid about the chat channels. Thanks bro. I've been playing a month using buddy chat w/ some friends. Someone should really get the word out to newbies about how to use chat channels.

I was like that, always wondered why no one used the CUSTOM channels till I accidentally clicked Trade->NC and got spammed. IMO you should get a pop-up as soon as you press F1 stating the different chat channels etc. Hopefully this comes in the forced tutorials you *should* get in BDOY, if and when its released.

ezza
19-04-04, 20:33
lol np

when i used to have help channel on often i would have to direct the noobs telling them this problem cos you could see them getting distressed and thinking what a shitty game cos noone would help

ZoomZoom
19-04-04, 21:13
[ edited ]

ChronoX
19-04-04, 21:35
Not much Biotech clans on Saturn. :(

ezza
19-04-04, 23:22
Not much Biotech clans on Saturn. :(
ya, cant actually think of any bio clans lol

jiga
19-04-04, 23:28
He prolly does. Why those things are default muted I will never know.
I used to write up a list of about 50 tech parts on trade (about 7 lines or so) and spam them in trade. I didn't think anybody would mind coz nobody else seemed to be saying anything :rolleyes: . I bet u there were a lot of pissed off ppl on trade :p

Aziraphale
19-04-04, 23:34
ya, cant actually think of any bio clans lol

SXR are on their way ;) we're part-emmigrating from Pluto for something fresh.

ezza
19-04-04, 23:35
cool fresh meat for me to gank :p

jiga
19-04-04, 23:37
cool fresh meat for me to gank :p
the trick is to leave them alone and be nice to them for a while until they settle in... then u gank them

ezza
19-04-04, 23:39
the trick is to leave them alone and be nice to them for a while until they settle in... then u gank them
ffs you mean i gotta wait 8|

balls to that :mad:

Jest
19-04-04, 23:56
SXR are on their way ;) we're part-emmigrating from Pluto for something fresh. Gah, seriously Reakktor might as well just delete Pluto all together... :(

ChronoX
20-04-04, 00:35

Maybe you are in need of totally newbie Biotech tank? Like me! ;)
:lol:

-FN-
20-04-04, 00:50
Well we're by no means switching. Pluto is our home and I love Pluto more than any other server. The overall mood and playstyle on Saturn is, in my opinion, pretty lame to that of Pluto. But wtf are we do to when 10 of us are 20% of the Online Players on Pluto... and we have a grand total of 1-2 AFK enemies online. Yeah, there's a good time. Saturn, while a much more immature server, at least has people on it. Also, I wouldn't trust anyone on Saturn period. 4 Character Slots is the anti-thesis of an MMORPG. If you required that all the chars of your account had the same unique last name, THEN a 4 char server would make sense. I hope KK makes some serious RPG element decisions come DoY.

Jest
20-04-04, 01:24
Well we're by no means switching. Pluto is our home and I love Pluto more than any other server. The overall mood and playstyle on Saturn is, in my opinion, pretty lame to that of Pluto. But wtf are we do to when 10 of us are 20% of the Online Players on Pluto... and we have a grand total of 1-2 AFK enemies online. Yeah, there's a good time. Saturn, while a much more immature server, at least has people on it. Also, I wouldn't trust anyone on Saturn period. 4 Character Slots is the anti-thesis of an MMORPG. If you required that all the chars of your account had the same unique last name, THEN a 4 char server would make sense. I hope KK makes some serious RPG element decisions come DoY. Start attacking our ops then thats why we decided to fight you guys. Now that most of eXo seems to have left there isnt really many clans for us left to fight American time.