PDA

View Full Version : Shadowbane... Coolness?

Forget My Name
19-04-04, 04:32
I just wanted to point out something....

Shadowbane, the other PvP mmorpg ( not FPS, but click and snore ) had a server go under maintenance for 1 hour, but instead it went under for 6 hours...

The Forum advocates from both Ubi soft and Wolfpack apologised on the boards.... Publicly. They amd no excuses. They even gave reasons like one guy couldnt call the other because his cell phone was off and then another programmer got stuck in traffic for an hour on his way ( on his day off ) to the company server site to fix the problems....

Made up excuses? Who cares, they atleast apologised to the numbered masses of the gaming internet and said they would fix it...

And they did...

For 7 days, all exp in game is doubled. All gold is doubled for 3 days.

This is to make up for 5 hours of down time and time lost to players.

Wow.

That is how you bone up to your mistakes. Customers arent just account numbers, we are much more, and it is good that some companies see this.

Should you switch over from Neocron to Shadowbane? No, dont, stay here. Neocorn is far superior in every way. Converting you all is not the message here.... Those who I am talking to will know....

Pwnage
19-04-04, 05:01
That's awesome.

You gotta take care of your customers... plain and simple.

Birkoff
19-04-04, 05:11
Thas kinda kewl, now go post on your own forum :)

Kasumi
19-04-04, 05:17
That is how you bone up to your mistakes. Customers arent just account numbers, we are much more, and it is good that some companies see this.
Anyone who makes game knows there customers arent just numbers.. The more important people like CEO's think your just a number. But developers care about there game and customers.. I always loved watching someone play a game I helped develop ^-^

Forget My Name
19-04-04, 05:19
Thas kinda kewl, now go post on your own forum :)

I dont have a forum. I only post on other people's forums :)

KimmyG
19-04-04, 07:00
Yes shodowbane makes up for long periods of downtime with free play time on your account or increased loot and exp.

Shadow Dancer
19-04-04, 07:02
Yes shodowbane makes up for long periods of downtime with free play time on your account or increased loot and exp.

:wtf:

Are you serious?

KimmyG
19-04-04, 07:04
:wtf:

Are you serious?

Yes there where some days were the servers went down for long periods of time for wich they credited your account for. Sort of a you dont play you dont pay policy. This was after long downtime of course

Shadowbane made some smart moves with there crediting of time, server merges and other things that I feel saved the game.

El_MUERkO
19-04-04, 12:28
Some of the SHIELD lads were looking at it, I'm getting curious myself, might pick it up from amazon or play if its cheap.

ezza
19-04-04, 16:03
sounds like they have good customer support, however that game aint for me, so ill be staying here with the shitty customer service instead :lol:

Judge
19-04-04, 16:50
Some of the SHIELD lads were looking at it, I'm getting curious myself, might pick it up from amazon or play if its cheap.

Yeah, Puns there and I'm incredibly tempted to go over. I just need to do a bit of research into the classes and stuff.

KimmyG
20-04-04, 17:24
sounds like they have good customer support, however that game aint for me, so ill be staying here with the shitty customer service instead :lol:

Yea there support is the win. A expensive building in my town got wrecked they said they couldn't replace it. But they gave me 2 weeks free play time that beats 100k.