PDA

View Full Version : More fun than falling off a log!

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 02:49
Ok, so I fire up UT2K4 for a quick 20 minute session, and end up, on blue team, yuck, prefer red!

First match I caught the end of, and, we won, naturally :D

2nd Match...

2 hours it lasted, 2 whole hours, and we won of course, but omg, it was non stop chaos, we'd run back to protect, attack, defend, attack, die lots, kill lots, and it just carried on and on and on... and on and on...

Made me go out and buy the complete game now, just gotta wait for the DVD to arrive, rawr :D

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/unreal.jpg
http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats.jpg

Clive tombstone
19-04-04, 04:47
When you get complete game, lets try and have a match. I perfer Convoy or Red planet.

Be warned, me and me buddies are the ultimate Leviathan Crew :D

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 13:34
heh, ok, but be gentle :p

Mr_Snow
19-04-04, 13:41
Very disapointed Lexx only averaging a bit over 3 kills per goliath and you didnt even shoot any raptors out of the sky.

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 13:46
well, i got an excuse, i only really just started playing the game, and umm, I'm 27, so my reflexes are really slow, and, umm, I'm running the game @ 1024x768@32bit, and umm, err, lag, yeah, I mean, look at my ping there!! (what does P/L mean btw? :confused: )

But damn it was fun, i'd park my tank near the central bit, stuff would come flying down and BOOM!! It also dont show how many rockets fired from Avril's I shot down, but i killed a few of them. 3rd match was over in like, 3 minutes though :(

athon
19-04-04, 15:00
P/L is packet loss. IE. packets of data that were sent but never arrived for one reason or another.

Athon Solo

El_MUERkO
19-04-04, 15:13
It does indeed rock but my twitch skill are not what they were back in 99 when UT came out so I'm no longer leet :(

I'm still getting to grips with some of the game but I love the AVRIL when it chases people all over the map.

Judge
19-04-04, 16:55
I'm tempted to get the full game.... tell me one thing:

Are vehicles availalbe in TDM and DM in the full version as well as onslaught?

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 16:57
I've no idea, gotta wait for the game to get in stock before they send it out (used gameplay.co.uk). but the unreal site lists loads of things. or ask Nexx, he got the full game.

Organics
19-04-04, 17:00
I should really get this.

I loved UT, fucking amazing game, really enjoyable solo too.

Is the solo option still available/viable?

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 17:05
not in the demo, its blanked out, but ya, there seems to be a single player mode, hopefully it will have the same bits as the original unreal, an actual story more than just a "shoot lots of ppl to progress to the next level" fragfest, coz kinda takes the fun outta single player when all you can do is pvp vs ai

Organics
19-04-04, 17:06
Cool :)

Yeah it's nice to have some semblance of a storyline cos I personally prefer playing against the AI. If the AI is as good as it was in UT, then I'll be playing against the AI once more :)

icarium
19-04-04, 17:48
When you get complete game, lets try and have a match. I perfer Convoy or Red planet.

Be warned, me and me buddies are the ultimate Leviathan Crew :D

not exactly difficult sat in a massive heavily armoured vehicle with autotracking projectile firing guns is it? :lol:

Ozambabbaz
19-04-04, 18:21
i loooove the nade launcher...grab a Scorp or a Manta, pop it full of 8 nades, and chaaaaaarge :D

FirestarXL
19-04-04, 18:52
Yeah, ONS is teh ubar, as they say. I'll look out for ya oh lexxy one, although by the look of the settings there you were playing on some wierd-ass server.

I play mostly on Jolt, wireplay and multiplay servers - good pings and minimal asshattery.

alig
19-04-04, 18:59
You wont regret buying full version :D its teh r0x and of course you'll never play every map/mod/drive everycar (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350278), well you'll probably run out of hdd space before you do :p

I'm tempted to get the full game.... tell me one thing:

Are vehicles availalbe in TDM and DM in the full version as well as onslaught?

No. They are availiable in some AS maps...Im sure someone will make a mod to be able to have DM with vehicles but it would need a big map to play i suppose.

Saza
19-04-04, 19:01
Hahaha - no eagle eyes, pancakes, hijacks or godlikes. Get up to scratch Lexxy, or we'll all be pwning ure ass :p

Oh - Ut2k4 > all.

Sheild Gun is my bitch.

Edit: Shit, we had a talk from Scary Guy (http://www.thescaryguy.com) today - we aren't allowed to call anybody names or put them down for 7 days. Sorry Lexxy, I love you really. Give me a hug. (We have to hug 16 people a day, or we aren't normal)

icarium
19-04-04, 19:09
rofl! "scaryguy" lolz!

hes going to eliminate death! lolz!

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 20:52
hey, i had eagle eyes, and hijacks, it just doesnt show up there :p its only the demo after all *hugs* hehehe

Opar
19-04-04, 21:52
UT2K3 PWNA YOU ^_^

I think i'll just save my cash for..... pr0n?

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 22:00
pr0n is good, its better when you dotn have to pay for it though (ask kyle to email you his special collection :D) :angel:

Opar
19-04-04, 22:06
When I say pr0n, I really mean new PC bits. When I say new PC bits I really mean food. When I say food I really mean pr0n.

Tis a vicious cycle.

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 22:09
I'm sure there is a reply in there somewhere, and when I figure it out, I'll let you know :p

jiga
19-04-04, 22:11
UT2k4 is good but I just seem to get bored quickly and I start playing BF:V

rob444
19-04-04, 22:30
How do you get those personal stats? Or is that retail only? (Dont have them in my demo though :/)

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 22:33
its in Demo, press F3, other stats are when u press Esc

Dookie
20-04-04, 00:47
Guys this game sucks ! Ive played it on two WCG tourneys ( World Cyber Games ) and i hated it every second i played it.
Maybe its fun but the hole gameplay is AWFULL, better play best game in the world - Quake 3 ^^

Lexxuk
20-04-04, 01:37
I got Quake 3 on CD here... installed it once, played it for like, 5 minutes, UT2k4 ownz

rob444
20-04-04, 01:50
Quake 3 demo owned, Quake 3 retail sucked O_o