PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Events

enigma_b17
18-04-04, 22:11
Just out of curiosity, who creates these events cause my god saturn hasnt had a decent event in a long while, with the exception of the Kumite thing that was on a couple of nites ago

jiga
18-04-04, 22:27
saturn doesn't do events

Gotterdammerung
18-04-04, 22:29
I believe saturn had an event the other night in the main sewers

jiga
18-04-04, 22:33
i was just joking. Can't u have a sense of humours like nidhogg :p
|
|
|
\/

enigma_b17
18-04-04, 22:35
it did?, what was this? seweres :\, damn missed that :'(, but seriously, who makes these events like that wb invasion and the mutant invasion of pp, they looked quite fun, id like to c a few more of these on saturn :D

Scikar
18-04-04, 23:08
Maybe if Saturn events weren't almost guaranteed to be ruined, GMs would be more willing to organise them.

jiga
18-04-04, 23:26
We need events where we can stand and watch while NPCs do something. eg an assisination or one of those dustbin men getting shot by a copbot for going on strike

BeaNo
18-04-04, 23:39
We need events where we can stand and watch while NPCs do something. eg an assisination or one of those dustbin men getting shot by a copbot for going on strike

I remember when the DOY Bots were first spawned in the NE of the map, there was a group of Stormies spawned in one of the sectors. We spent a few hours leading DOY Bots into the Storm Troopers and watching the action that took place, was a great laugh.

Happy Days.

Aziraphale
18-04-04, 23:57
There was the Sin Radio grand opening a few nights back, great fun.
Although if it weren't for a wonderful GM (i forget the name) then it would have been totally ruined by a certain clan.

Vampire222
18-04-04, 23:58
vote meh for gm and ill give you an event a day.... mass pking action

Neocrons_coward
20-04-04, 02:34

Nice of you guys to let us know...

thanks

i dont see any report from that day so until i see it...

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 02:36
They should start banning people who PK at events.

40$Poser
20-04-04, 02:39
They should start banning people who PK at events.

They should start banning people who post stupid things such as that...

why would you ban people for doing something that is perfectly legal to do in this game?

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 02:42
why would you ban people for doing something that is perfectly legal to do in this game?

Because alot of people don't have any self control. When they see or hear about an event, they start salivating and thinking "time to PK LOLOLOLO WEEE". There's PLENTY of time to PK. PLENTY! You're telling me they can't out of courtesy just not PK at the event?

Then people complain at the lack of events. :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
20-04-04, 02:44
plus if it was an event, then it was illegal to interfeere as per the guidelines and rules for events

Alashandra_D.
20-04-04, 02:46
They should start banning people who post stupid things such as that...

Because PK'ing at events is one of the main reasons that very few events are announced globally. It's INCREDIBLY soul-sapping when you arrange an event, only to have a few people run in and kill the participants; it scuppers the mood, the flow and morale of those involved.

Unless it's revolved around PVP, then I wouldn't advise acting like a numbwit and ruining something that a lot of work goes into.

But to answer the main question:

During my discussion with a couple of other FCs, we've reached the conclusion that events ran on some servers won't suit Saturn, due to it's political climate, power struggle (Black to purple to white to black to purple...etc, etc) and the attitude of several more prominent clans (It's not as if Saturn doesn't have a history of this sort of thing, anyway....).

That's not to say events don't happen though; they ARE there, they ARE being played out but they're not immediatly obvious.

-Alash

40$Poser
20-04-04, 02:47
Because alot of people don't have any self control. When they see or hear about an event, they start salivating and thinking "time to PK LOLOLOLO WEEE". There's PLENTY of time to PK. PLENTY! You're telling me they can't out of courtesy just not PK at the event?

Then people complain at the lack of events. :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about the lack of events. Look at it this way. Do you think if money started raining from the sky that taliban and american soldiers would leave their differences behind and start grabbing all the money they could?

chances are, no they wouldn't. People play this game because it gives them the freedom to do as they please, there's no 'stages or set levels' you want to hunt mobs, you can, you want to duke it out with other people... you can.

Freedom to pk, freedom to hunt, freedom to defend yourself... :rolleyes:

Because PK'ing at events is one of the main reasons that very few events are announced globally. It's INCREDIBLY soul-sapping when you arrange an event, only to have a few people run in and kill the participants; it scuppers the mood, the flow and morale of those involved.

Unless it's revolved around PVP, then I wouldn't advise acting like a numbwit and ruining something that a lot of work goes into.

But to answer the main question:

During my discussion with a couple of other FCs, we've reached the conclusion that events ran on some servers won't suit Saturn, due to it's political climate, power struggle (Black to purple to white to black to purple...etc, etc) and the attitude of several more prominent clans (It's not as if Saturn doesn't have a history of this sort of thing, anyway....).

That's not to say events don't happen though; they ARE there, they ARE being played out but they're not immediatly obvious.

-Alash

I rather see more events go on, I'm actually a member of cartel that doesn't much care to ruin events unless there's a damn good reason for it (such as a surge of ninja hacking if the event is held at one of our ops). I'm sure it has to suck to see people pk at events, but it seems to me when people get bored they like to make things happen, pking is just a thing to do in neocron.

My only issue is if the option is there to pk, and there's no official demand for no pvp or watch over pking during an event, how can one expect there to not be any pking?

on another note, I'd be more than happy to contribute to ideas of events, rather than be labeled as a pro-pking during event person who can only contribute to killing other runners. I do agree Saturn lacks events, it's not the most needed thing in the world, but I'd be happy to see interesting stuff happening on saturn besides op wars and pepper park 1 dueling.

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 02:52
I'm not complaining about the lack of events.

I know, that's why I said people not you. :p

chances are, no they wouldn't. People play this game because it gives them the freedom to do as they please, there's no 'stages or set levels' you want to hunt mobs, you can, you want to duke it out with other people... you can.

Freedom to pk, freedom to hunt, freedom to defend yourself... :rolleyes:

True, but like I said sometimes you have to change the rules. And people shouldn't be allowed to PK at events unless the event is centered around that.

40$Poser
20-04-04, 02:56
I know, that's why I said people not you. :p

True, but like I said sometimes you have to change the rules. And people shouldn't be allowed to PK at events unless the event is centered around that.

As I said in my edit of the above post, unless there's a GM requesting no pking to happen or they'll be given a kick from the game, how can anyone expect no one to pk during an event?

enigma_b17
20-04-04, 03:04
well u could start by readin the rules for an event, should give u a clue

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 03:08
As I said in my edit of the above post, unless there's a GM requesting no pking to happen or they'll be given a kick from the game, how can anyone expect no one to pk during an event?

A kick from the game isn't enough to deter people from breaking the rules.

40$Poser
20-04-04, 03:08
well u could start by readin the rules for an event, should give u a clue

well, give me a link, I've looked for 'em, can't find them. If there's a no pk rule, that's cool, but it's about as worthy as no spamming trade channel because I witness tons of repeat offenders day in and day out spam on trade saying stuff that has no real trading issues. (the ever so popular 'ROFLS GET SOME SKILLZ OR MAYBE SOME MORE PPUZ HRHR ^^' and so forth)

A kick from the game isn't enough to deter people from breaking the rules.

Never said it was, maybe a 1 hour temp ban I'd think, but it's not my duty to determine punishments for rule breakers.

Marx
20-04-04, 03:09
well, give me a link, I've looked for 'em, can't find them. If there's a no pk rule, that's cool, but it's about as worthy as no spamming trade channel because I witness tons of repeat offenders day in and day out spam on trade saying stuff that has no real trading issues. (the ever so popular 'ROFLS GET SOME SKILLZ OR MAYBE SOME MORE PPUZ HRHR ^^' and so forth)
Not only concerning Arbiters Event (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85797) is why I am addressing you. Some people seem to have forgotten the rules along with the most common human friendlyness guidelines.

PvP is a core element of the game. PK is not and will never be forbidden entirely. BUT if a GM or KK employee does an Event with the rule "No PvP", then you will follow it. End of story. Those who didn't at the Event yesterday will get a warning resulting in an immediate Ban an the slightest next provocation.

You will always do what a GM tells you. If you can absolutely not tolerate the thought to follow the guidelines an official gives you, then press Escape and log out until the entire situation is resolved. If you think the GM is "out of line", then report him to abuse@neocron.com (abuse@neocron.com) or helpdesk@neocron.com (helpdesk@neocron.com). We take these issues pretty seriously, believe me.

So again: You will do what a GM tells you to do, no questions asked. Log out and report him if you think his orders are crap, but you will follow his decisions. Period.

PS: The old "postapocalyptic cyberpunk world" is the worst excuse I have ever heard. True, Neocron is one of these worlds. And this is exactly the reason why PK is not forbidden. But if a GM hosts an OOC Event with the rule "No PvP", you know pretty well that it is not expected nor tolerated that you raid it. So stop making up excuses, ffs.check the front forum page, 'important notices'.

40$Poser
20-04-04, 03:12
check the front forum page, 'important notices'.

alright thanks, but as to what i've just read. Unless a GM states no pvp, people can pk. Which is exactly what I said... unless a GM states no pvp, people would pk if they wanted to.

(btw, why was I told to read callash's post which basically sums up my point)

Marx
20-04-04, 03:14
alright thanks, but as to what i've just read. Unless a GM states no pvp, people can pk. Which is exactly what I said... unless a GM states no pvp, people would pk if they wanted to.

(btw, why was I told to read callash's post which basically sums up my point)The point is... People PK even though they're told not to.

Happened at the last coupla' events... And it always will unless some decent punishment for offenders is thought up.

As Alash alluded to, if its not a PvP event... There shouldn't be some sort of clan v. clan conflict going on in the background... Yet if its announced, it always happens.

Hence why most GM's and FC's are sticking to small time events.

40$Poser
20-04-04, 03:17
The point is... People PK even though they're told not to.

Happened at the last coupla' events... And it always will unless some decent punishment for offenders is thought up.

As Alash alluded to, if its not a PvP event... There shouldn't be some sort of clan v. clan conflict going on in the background.

Yeah, and I'm not condoning people who ignore GMs, don't want to give that impression. I do agree people who ignore GMs requests deserve a punishment of sorts.

Shadow Dancer
20-04-04, 03:21
Yeah, and I'm not condoning people who ignore GMs, don't want to give that impression. I do agree people who ignore GMs requests deserve a punishment of sorts.

So then we basically agree. So why do you say I should be banned for posting stuff? :p

40$Poser
20-04-04, 03:30
So then we basically agree. So why do you say I should be banned for posting stuff? :p

Correction, stupid stuff

such as people getting banned for pvping at events in general (didn't clarify what kind of events ie. one's GMs request no pking...) ;)

Gestra
20-04-04, 03:40
PK != PVP.

Having an event where enemies sit by each other drinking tea. Now thats bullshit. Oh no you must not kill the person you are enemy with because this is an event. Meh bollocks.

And nice to see faction councilers dont hold biases against servers.

Fair and balanced, the motto of something, somewhere.

Marx
20-04-04, 03:47
PK != PVP.

Having an event where enemies sit by each other drinking tea. Now thats bullshit. Oh no you must not kill the person you are enemy with because this is an event. Meh bollocks.

And nice to see faction councilers dont hold biases against servers.

Fair and balanced, the motto of something, somewhere.
PvP at a non PvP event = PK.

If its just going to become a server brawl, whats the point of holding the event in the first place? To give everyone a reason to be in the same zone?

Because obviously, most people won't be participating in the event as its been set up, and would instead be fighting eachother.

Anyway, this is why i'm a big fan of small time events - they make more sense.

Gestra
20-04-04, 03:51
PvP at a non PvP event = PK.

Anyway, this is why i'm a big fan of small time events - they make more sense.

I agree.

However small time events where only a few benifit, Are unfair and unequal. When only a few people in game see more content, unequaility shines through.

If there was a progressive storyline in this game. Rather than the rare spawning of mobs every few months, there would be must less of a problem.

Marx
20-04-04, 03:55
I agree.

However small time events where only a few benifit, Are unfair and unequal. When only a few people in game see more content, unequaility shines through.

If there was a progressive storyline in this game. Rather than the rare spawning of mobs every few months, there would be must less of a problem.
Very true, thats why I'm also a big fan of adding FC's or FCA's or doing something along those lines which will make for more events, and more intriguing ones at that.

I think that if that was done we'd see more inactive people coming back... But yeah, I agree 100%.

trigger hurt
20-04-04, 04:01
There was the Sin Radio grand opening a few nights back, great fun. Although if it weren't for a wonderful GM (i forget the name) then it would have been totally ruined by a certain clan.
I don't see how cartel killing people at that so called 'event' has anything to do with this thread. Considering the fact that last I checked, it wasn't an officially sanctioned event, sponsored by kk. Maybe that GM should have kept his nose out of it.

What does a player run radio station have to do with the rest of the game. Secondly, everyone knows that despite the runners who 'run' the radio station being factionless, they are affiliated with Tsunami...they even RP that the ladies come from there...they typically throw parties in areas that are 'owned' by enemies of cartel...so how is it bad that they come in and throw down? Last time I was at one of these, you had ample peopel to repel the attacks. Not only that, but the end result of one of these 'events' was an attack on Black D HQ. So you expect there to not be any retaliation?

Andronicus
20-04-04, 05:58
I'm not sure if it is a lack of events or a lack of announcing the events - often and by more than one person. The few events i have heard about I only hear about at the last minute.

Jest
20-04-04, 06:16
Saturn doesnt need events you have players. :lol:

hivemind
20-04-04, 06:38
A few points.

There are events weekly on all servers. Sometimes daily. No, they're not announced because this leads to trouble. There's a few players on each server who simply can't control themselves and/or can't follow rules.

You're not gonna find an event standing around Plaza, or engaging in lame zone-fest fights in Pepper Park. You'll have to actually get off the beaten path.

GMs run small events for a few players at a time because that's what's most rewarding. An event for a few people is generally ended with copious thanks for the GM who ran it. Server events are typically ended as a massive clusterfuck with widespread bitching and moaning. GMs do what they do for free. Obviously, they're gonna do what gives theselves satisfaction. Thanks from a few > bitching on the boards from many.

Most events tend to be RP-based. They usually hinge around the storyline somehow. If you think RP is stupid, then you're not gonna be involved in events. The GMs know who's down and who's not. They're not gonna waste their time on people who won't appreciate it.

Read the Neocronicle. Follow up on the stories there, and don't be discouraged if your first few tries don't net an event of some sort. Eventually, you'll hit on something. It's actually quite satisfying.