PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when not PvPing?

ezza
18-04-04, 17:46
off late i aint been pking at all, and only done a bit of ops fighting when i get wind of cartel doing some fighting.

but i mean when you aint doing that kind of thing what do you do?

right now the only thing keeping me interested is leveling my monk(whos back as hybrid ;) ) but when im not leveling or fighting, im pretty much stumped for anything to do.

is the downfall of this game the fact that there isnt anything to do outside of fighting?

Gestra
18-04-04, 18:00
I log 2 clients and talk to myself on trade NC while lomming.

ezza
18-04-04, 18:03
I log 2 clients and talk to myself on trade NC while lomming.
lmao

id try that, but i have trade muted :lol:

FuzzyDuck
18-04-04, 18:07
I research the rares I got from leveling

ezza
18-04-04, 18:08
heh im guessing you guys dont have much to do either then :confused:

resssing rares apeals to me even less than hunting does

@stryfe: ya i tweak my tank setup a lot, but i dunno, end up standing around in plaza or PP doing nothing a lot of the time, lol not like ive got a clan to talk to :(

StryfeX
18-04-04, 18:08
I hunt. And tweak my setups. And run epics. And... that's about it. :p

--Stryfe

Carinth
18-04-04, 18:09
I've given up pvp and turned my character into a Trader. I manage a very large rare/equipment collection and supply items for my clan. Filling requests and accepting new batches of rare parts keeps me quite busy. I've been thinking about opening this service for non clan members, but I'll hafta figure out a good barter system. Exactly how many rare parts one would need to get items from me. I've also got some barter(150), which keeps me busy with requests too. Aside from that, the only thing I can do is go hunting.

Sleawer
18-04-04, 18:24
I level up uncapped chars, mostly tradeskillers, or hunt for rares and ress them to trade when I'm on the mood.

Other thing is lomming a lot, but I'm forced to spend insane ammounts of time for that while actually not playing at all, since I'm afk most of the time... so I hardly consider it playing.

Oath
18-04-04, 18:25
I get bored.

Dargeshaad
18-04-04, 18:32
Either get item ressed/cst'ed that i lost when pk'ing or wait for SL to decrease while i play another game

naimex
18-04-04, 18:40
NF, talk to people, lvl some of my other chars, watch a movie, do homework (as now), blow shit up, give all my sourly earned money to noobs running around, im poor im poor help me, im saving up a million bucks -for what ? +i dunno..

DOH !

Scikar
18-04-04, 18:56
I search the city and the wastelands for criminals to kill, young runners to assist, treasure hoarding monsters to loot and large raiding parties to run away from.

alig
18-04-04, 19:10
I log of and play something else, what else is there to do on this game?

Gohei
18-04-04, 19:23
alt + tab and go play Warcraft 3, untill something fun happends in NC

MrChumble
18-04-04, 19:27
I come to the forums and moan about there not being anything to do when there's no PvP happening. Sometimes I close my eyes and daydream about new content or an OP war system that doesn't send me into a murderous rage.

Organics
18-04-04, 19:30
Stand in Plaza, watch Trade spam, read forums here/ingame.

OT: @MrChumble, your sig, those things you mention are in most MMORPG's, bar zerging. You'd really hate UO if you don't like that stuff ;) (Noob buffing is a good tactic IMO :))

Drake6k
18-04-04, 19:30
Can we all agree Neocron has awesome pvp?

If I'm not fighting I jump around plaza 2... :(

retr0n
18-04-04, 19:32
alt+f4

Shadow Dancer
18-04-04, 19:33
I search the city and the wastelands for criminals to kill, young runners to assist, treasure hoarding monsters to loot and large raiding parties to run away from.

lmao, are you serious?

Personally I get bored out of my mind. I try to talk to people on trade or OOC. But the population has been so damn dead on pluto lately. And it's only 1 char. So I run and jump around in circles in p3 listening to some guy spam trade for pokes for 20 mins. Then I get bored and log. :(

Damn I wish the game had more people. That's probably the best thing that could happen to NC.

MrChumble
18-04-04, 19:38
Can we all agree Neocron has awesome pvp?

No, we can't. It's far better than most MMORPGs but it's still stupid in more ways than I can list here (although I did list them once, long ago, lost the url to the thread now).

RuButt
18-04-04, 19:46
I used to play with this awesome bike i got in a kinder egg!

Scikar
18-04-04, 19:49
Yeah that's mostly what I do. I RP whenever possible, but that's kind of hard when there's nobody around. There's usually a stealth whore PE or two at MB to fight if I feel like boring myself to death for an hour while they stealth around everywhere until the rest of their clan shows up, PPUs and all. I can still remember how confused I was when I started so I do help out newbs when I see them, though since I've never been one of those with a strange fetish for never doing anything except sit in a cave all day with no less than five other people, I'm generally skint and have to sell all my old equipment when I get called to MB and other places to help clan mates out in fights, so mostly the only help I can give to newbs is advice.

I sometimes go hunting but TBH I find it barely worth the bother. I can't hack, and when I do hunt WBs just for XP I get jumped by those same stealth PEs. I capped my STR on firemobs so I'm sick to death of those, and since I only have CON left to cap levelling is boring as fuck anyway. My other chars to level are a droner spy, which I find possibly the dullest form of combat in the game, and an APU monk, but I'm sick of levelling him solo in El Farid caves.

9 times out of 10 though these days I'll fight the same PE at MB for like an hour, then 15 people will turn up and I get wasted, not even any fun with parashock. That's usually when I log off. Most of my Saturn clan is now fairly inactive due to the OP situation on Saturn, another member just left after a full load of parts to Lib were stolen. On Pluto I haven't been staying up late enough recently to see the rest of the clan since they're mostly American, even then when they are on, I spend 2 hours on an MB 'raid' whereby the base is completely empty bar a couple of people who will snipe from the gates and never leave them until they can get a legion of PPUs to help them. OP wars seem to be more fighting turrets than anything else.

Agent L
18-04-04, 19:50

Uhm, I can't understand your question at all O_o.
All the time I play I never pvped - 1.5 year of standing in plaza, spamming TRADE with adverts and clicking everyone that crouches infront of me = teh win.
Maybe NC has a great PvP. I won't argue. I have no idea about that : P

Xylaz
18-04-04, 19:54
what am i doing when not pvping????
Well, considering the fact that pvp is about 10-30% of my whole activity in NC i'd say EVERYTHING ELSE, but as the pluto is dead enough lately i usually just log off since there are no people to talk to (or make any other kind of interaction...)

az

Clownst0pper
18-04-04, 19:55
I capped koro for the 4th time today.

5 characters finished.

What do I do? Nothing, there is nothing to do.

*goes off and randomly loms ikari to an APU PE*

Sleawer
18-04-04, 20:01
I kinda like what Scikar is saying, some sort of expontaneus roleplaying, without the need to starting big events or such, but instead doing those small things that keep the fun going on day by day.

I used to be like that when I started the game, and not because I wanted to roleplay a freedom fighter or something, I just wanted to have fun in the game and believed in my character role, as if it was something related to me.

I eventually gave it up, not sure what was the reason... perhaps a mix between me getting fed up of my own mistakes, and also partly due the majority of the community that is not willing to roleplay even an inch.

I'd like some original content and features implemented by KK, as some sort of help, to aid us to keep these small things going, to incentive people to play defined roles inside the game society.

OT: Scikar I traded yesterday with BIK3R his last libby part, I hope is not him who was stolen.

Scikar
18-04-04, 20:33
Yeah it was BIK3R who left. My bro found his forum post.

I wish I knew why everyone in this game was so anti-roleplay. At first I thought it was because most are more into FPS games, CS etc, but then when you look at the thread about other games people play, all you ever see listed are MMORPGs, and only the occasional FPS like UT2k4 has made any impact. So TBH, I'm stumped. Is every MMORPG almost devoid of RP like Neocron?

Cruzbroker
18-04-04, 21:01
I had a laugh today watching 10+ people with ppus fighting at pepper entrance... or like enough people to take ops..
There's no one even at MB in uranus, soo dead.

I log off..

Sleawer
18-04-04, 21:02
I wonder it sometimes aswell. I'm afraid it is not an isolated problem of Neocron, perhaps here it's more evident due the strong PvP nature of this game combined the FPS interface (and I'm ashamed to say this, but the lack of content also helps, specially in this game).

Somehow I feel the lack of RP in MMORPG communities, as if it was a really hard effort to stay in character. RP servers help tho, but even there not everything is gold, as often the same Role Players lose perspective and start to appeal really stupid things.

ps: I assume BIK3R was stolen by a suppossed constructor? If so, you see to what can become the people... it is one of the things that I really cannot stand.

/edit: as a side note, I notice the effort that KK is doing to advertise with NPCs our player events in Saturn, and I'm grateful to it, but this game still needs a lot of work in that sense IMO.

Aziraphale
18-04-04, 21:05
Not many people RP because it can be well...difficult. At least people think it can be, really it's quite simple, you just have to pretend that NC is the real world, you don't nessesarily have to make up some far-out persona and act it out.

ino
18-04-04, 21:05
I lvl int on my ppu or use any of my other chars to kill stuff to make boosters for my ppu :). talk to friends, go out shoot some storms, poking. there isnt that much to do if there isnt something interesting happening irl, but its better than our shit tv atleast :)

Xylaz
18-04-04, 21:13
Is every MMORPG almost devoid of RP like Neocron?

more or less - yeah, although neocron seems to be the worst from my experience. Basically it depends on the community - people tend to play along with the "majority" playstyle yet the devs can less or more actively encourage/discourage any roleplay behaviour, hence driving the overal playstyle's directions a little.
Usually small mmorpgs have better, more mature community, so better behaviour as well (NC is an exception...). It's clearly visible, when game enters its open beta state - suddenly all cs/bg kiddies rush in and starting to act as 1337 as possible... It is always a struggle.
Basically, roleplay require some kind of effort from a player, so most people tend to avoid it - yet if the community supports the playstyle they will support it too without much problems usually. So it's all about the community/devs points of view and effort to achieve their goals.

Sleawer
18-04-04, 21:28
That is something which I agree with, Xylaz. It is not only in hands of the players as some people may thing, the blame is shared between the community and its predisposition to stay in character; and also the devs efforts to drive the communty to the goals they want to achieve.

An excesive permisive dev staff in this matters can lead to chaotic games, and no need to say that their work in features and content, to regulate and encourage players to follow the stablished paths, are key elements for its success.

About your BETA stages opinion, I agree in big part, and it is also one of the reasons I'm not playing Lineage II yet, I'll do it when the game hits retail and we have to pay for the product.

Original monk
18-04-04, 21:44
with me its the other way around .. when i dont have anything particular to do, i pvp, looking up the action a :)

Birkoff
18-04-04, 21:59
BUy a few hundred TS rifles from roccos and throw them around p2

ezza
18-04-04, 22:08
what am i doing when not pvping????
Well, considering the fact that pvp is about 10-30% of my whole activity in NC i'd say EVERYTHING ELSE, but as the pluto is dead enough lately i usually just log off since there are no people to talk to (or make any other kind of interaction...)

azwell thanks for posting and telling me what you do, why the fuck you think im asking, what is everything else. when im not doing PvP im standing around basically, i dont concider resssing techs in ym spare time as something you do, i mean when do you do?

jiga
18-04-04, 22:19
When im not pvping i lom. lomming is good

MrChumble
18-04-04, 23:45
well thanks for posting and telling me what you do, why the fuck you think im asking, what is everything else. when im not doing PvP im standing around basically, i dont concider resssing techs in ym spare time as something you do, i mean when do you do?

I re-roll and level a lot. I think, if there were stats on such things, I'd certainly be in the 10 top re-rollers. The problem is I've been everything now, apart from (rather oddly) HC tank. It fills in the time between fights, but it's just filler, and gets more boring each time I do it.

Xylaz
19-04-04, 00:51
well thanks for posting and telling me what you do, why the fuck you think im asking, what is everything else. when im not doing PvP im standing around basically, i dont concider resssing techs in ym spare time as something you do, i mean when do you do?

Talking with people. Simple enough?

All actions in NC are resolved through talk or fight. Both are highly efficient only if u 'have some skills' with them. It's amusing also, for the certain cases.

The problem is there aren't many people left to talk to

Vid Gamer
19-04-04, 00:53
On my Pluto Tank, if there's no fighting going on, I usually try to buy/trade/sell things over Trade and just wait for something to happen.

I'm currently playing on Jupiter with some friends from Pluto so if nothing is going on in Pluto (which is usually 99% of the time) I just level my Jupi character.

40$Poser
19-04-04, 01:00
I wander about NC and watch the spam of Saturn's trade channel. Starting to know the usual spamaholics.

SypH
19-04-04, 03:23
I build 100's of newbie weapons and give the 4 and 5 slotters away to the first newbie that reaches me.

Test-0
19-04-04, 04:32
Wait for people to find me in the sewers and act like a bot spouting errormessages, walking into walls, and attacking whatever happens to be near (much more fun with an le and attacking players like a goof while following them around). :lol:

darknessfairy
19-04-04, 08:40
Hmmm lets see.
1. I sex people :) (my favourite past time)
2. I bug my otherhalf by nattering about crap to him until he tells me "thats absolutely fasinating darling, but im in the middle of killing someone" O_o
3. I.... hunt :) Yes i do
4. I help my n00bie friends. :) How i love them so.
5. I level my n00bs. I have about 3 on the go atm o_O
6. I spam trade, which does include my first point alot.
7. Oh yes i forgot to mention, I don't pvp. :lol:

[EDIT] DISCLAIMER::::I'd just like to say that spamming trade (point #6) is not tolerated within the neocron community, therefore when i say the word 'Trade' i ACTUALLY mean the word 'OOC'. I take no responsibilty for any accidents occured through copying my actions. You do as you wish, i have in no way at all swayed you into doin as i do. Please. I cannot afford a legal suit.

winnoc
19-04-04, 09:20
Level up my tank so i can have a offensive char (hackerspy) and a defensive one at op wars.
And when i have the time i research rares i hunt for the clan to get my ppu's damn int up :-) or log on my constructor to build more vehicles that i lose when hunting rares.

naimex
19-04-04, 09:22
I lvl int on my ppu

A good advise is to go with a droner spy, to either El Farid Underground Desert City, or Graves.

Drones + PPU + Team = Crazy INT xp gain.

t-bird
19-04-04, 10:05
When i'm not PvP-ing i do ...

leveling all my noob-chars on uranus
go AFK to drink coffee ^^
try to get better weapons and armor
sort all the items in my App's and in the gogu

hinch
19-04-04, 11:28
dont swear at me fs

what do you mean "when your not pvping" ??!?!!!!!!

there is no such thing as non pvp appart from that i stand in tg plaza and sex all teh other hot monks and then kill them all

19-04-04, 11:39
When I'm not PvPing I play Neocron :-)

J. Folsom
19-04-04, 12:06
I just do stuff.

That sounds oddly undescriptive, but that's about all I can say. I just log on, think "Hey that'd be fun to do", then go do that...

This post also originally contained a joke, but I decided to not make that joke since it'd probably get me banned. :p

ezza
19-04-04, 12:09
dont swear at me fs

what do you mean "when your not pvping" ??!?!!!!!!

there is no such thing as non pvp appart from that i stand in tg plaza and sex all teh other hot monks and then kill them alllol i know what you mean.

i used to as part of cartel spend most my time pking, solo or with vet, devils or whoever else was about, now aint with them anymore, and i go fighting on occasion now, but just lost the drive to fight all the time, and i realised there was nothing else for me to do, bit depressing really.

i guess its back to full time pking, sorry noobs

hinch
19-04-04, 12:11
yeah thats pretty much all we do too

pick a faction and grief them all night :) we wont kill anyone below /40 though unless they become an annoyance to us its not worth wasting the ammo/mana

XaNToR
19-04-04, 14:28
im running around in p3 O_o

bradd
19-04-04, 14:36
playing lineage2

ezza
19-04-04, 14:40
im running around in p3 O_o
i have been known to run around with my flash light on in plaza 2 whilst doing circles, but i didnt think that was something you would say you do :p

Aziraphale
19-04-04, 14:41
Try to level my Dex :(
2.3 mill to go...

Saza
19-04-04, 16:43
I do one of few things. I either:

1) Talk to people
2) Ask for pistol parts, althought why when i have an all 120 silencer/laserpointer explosive liberator i don't know........
3) Spam asking for someone to come NF with me.
4) Drone buff my enemies
5) Search for n00bs and help them
6) Rare hunt
7) Attempt to get some people together and go hack an OP.
8) Sell rare parts
9) Devise new setups
10) WAEF: LO

See if you can work out what number 10 stands for :rolleyes:

Strych9
19-04-04, 16:53
off late i aint been pking at all, and only done a bit of ops fighting when i get wind of cartel doing some fighting.

right now the only thing keeping me interested is leveling my monk(whos back as hybrid ;) ) but when im not leveling or fighting, im pretty much stumped for anything to do.

is the downfall of this game the fact that there isnt anything to do outside of fighting?I gotta say, I think this view is why so many people seem to think that if you dont PK everyone in sight, you must be a carebear.

First, people dont realize just how LITTLE time they spend PKing. Actually killing other players takes VERY little time in this game.

Things to do when not Pking:

1. Levelling existing characters. This takes up 90% of your time in game.
2. Seeing places you have yet to see. The other day, for the first time, my bud and I killed the STORM bot over in the Gaya mines. Had no hacker though... :( My bud SLB has never been in the Crystal Caves, and I have only been in there once. So that is our next destination.
3. Helping newbs. Maybe cant do this with a 100% pure PK char, but easy and fun with any normal or tradeskill character.
4. Stockpiling stuff. Its okay to admit it- almost everyone that plays this game, to an extent, likes gathering tech parts and building rares.
5. Recruiting for a clan. If your clan is one that thinks that everyone in your faction is a faction jumper and thus is KOS, this may be difficult. For everyone else, this can be fun. This often coincides with helping newbs.
6. Rerolling chars for variation. I enjoy trying out new characters pretty often. Capped a melee PE, then rerolled him to a PPU/barter monk. Etc.

If you are depressed cause there is nothing to do, reroll and join a smaller faction. Become CM and help them claim back their area of the map.

There are plenty of options. The less you worry about the easy/win option, the more options become available.

Jest
19-04-04, 17:04
Rares trading, helping new players, constructing/researching/repairing, hunting boss mobs, driving around on mah bike, warbot hunting, small roleplaying events, chillin in Pepper Pub, jumping from rail to rail in P2, talk to clan mates, helping clannies power level, sit on a park bench and alt-tab to play a game of Minesweeper until clannies log on to do some PvP. :p

XSuneX
19-04-04, 17:11
I just drive around the wastelands, trying to outrun what ever shoots at me.

I also race my self at the track.

Oh yeah, running into people with a vehicle is fun, even thow it does nothing to them.

I don't PK at all, Why? Because evem my PC at level 45 with 100 point in close combat, has not been able to kill any one. It's like you have to be near maxed out to realy be able to win a fight.

El Barto
19-04-04, 19:18
I sexed .cyl0n in P1, but damn KK made him leave *cries*

Morganth
19-04-04, 19:46
Most of the time I log on and think "what can I do?", whereas about a month ago I was non-stop leveling my two mains.

Now its just level my nibs, gather rares (when I can be arsed) or stand around waiting for a clanny to log on so we can hunt with my PPU.

Aside from that, its stand in my apt/P1/P2 trading or thinking to myself "what next".

ezza
19-04-04, 20:32
Most of the time I log on and think "what can I do?", whereas about a month ago I was non-stop leveling my two mains.

Now its just level my nibs, gather rares (when I can be arsed) or stand around waiting for a clanny to log on so we can hunt with my PPU.

Aside from that, its stand in my apt/P1/P2 trading or thinking to myself "what next".
sounds like we both had the same problem

Parappa
19-04-04, 20:40
I once had a dream that I could log on, walk to my faction office, chat with my Faction Counsellor about the current faction situation. Then I could take on a complex mission for just me or maybe for several people working as a team.

Mission would go deeply into faction politics and storyline and involve everything from trading and delivery to hunting and PKing. After full day's work I would recieve my pay and maybe some decoration on my avatar for good job done. Then I could relax and wait for the next job.

I can always dream can I.

deac
19-04-04, 23:02
I sitt at cycrow and whine and bitch....