PDA

View Full Version : Which is better for PPU spells - Psi Power or PPU?

zyx21
18-04-04, 16:14
I've been wondering this for quite some time now when trying to allocate my ppu's psi points. Can anyone give me some pointers? :confused:

Kenjuten
18-04-04, 16:45
Hm?

My personal suggestion is to keep requirements in mind but put as much PPW as you're able to. That ensures you get new modules when you level while giving you a very nice mana pool to work with while you level.

APUs can apply the same strategy....hybrids can't. =\ Well, they CAN, they just will have to be stuck with lower TL spells if they go for PPW while ignoring current requirements.

cMz
18-04-04, 19:28
Looking at formulas in announcement thread you find

PSI Energy: 0.65(65%) PPW + 0.1(10%) PSI + 0.15(15%) PSU
PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU
APU Damage: 0.65(65%) APU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) PPU
PSI Range: 0.4(40%) APU/PPU + 0.4(40%) PSU
PSI Frequency: 0.4(40%) APU/PPU + 0.4(40%) PSU

1 point in PPU gives more Damage% than 1 point in PPW.
You also need PPU to get range and freq.

PPW mainly gives manapool and some damage%.

The -30% in the formulas for damage should be -5%. That got changed in the last patch I think.

Kenjuten
18-04-04, 21:15
was actually a few patches ago....

Yes, 2 PPW levels may equal roughly 1 level of PPU, but once PPU gets to base 50, the amount of spending becomes equalized.

Two levels of PPW will fill in for one level of PPU until PPW becomes base 50.

If PPW is left alone and PPU is left to be raised along with MST (which is kind of a bad idea once you try it out), PPU would eventually get to base 75, and the amount of skill points necessary to raise it gets higher.

At that point until PPW is base 50, 3 levels of PPW will account for 1 level of PPU.

And you know, I'd prefer pouring stuff into PPW when PPU gets to base 50, just because of the fact two levels of PPW means more mana pool than one level or no level at all of PPW.

The other way can be switched around such that if you prefer a higher mana pool over TL effectiveness, you'll improve your spells easier once PPW gets to base 50 and you work your PPU up to base 50.

My personal suggestion at this point is to take advantage of the way skill points interact with the skill levels as much as possible. It'll make things much easier.

t-bird
19-04-04, 09:54
PSI Power ~= 310 Mana
That's enough for casting all Buffs + sd ...

Then give all the other Points to PPU, until you highest TL Spell (try to use a 120% spell) is on damage and frequency cap.

extract
20-04-04, 21:21
PSI Power ~= 310 Mana
That's enough for casting all Buffs + sd ...

Then give all the other Points to PPU, until you highest TL Spell (try to use a 120% spell) is on damage and frequency cap.

if he goes pure psi use(which I reccomend for any PPU as capped cast freq on holy spells is an absolute MUST!!!!) then PPW is not going to be so neccisary, I found on my PPU having the bare minimum mana requirement of 306 was fine...and it allowed me to have REALLY good damages on my spells capped in most cases....