PDA

View Full Version : KK - Particle Nemesis problem

Clownst0pper
17-04-04, 19:27
Theres a bug with the particle nemesis, I was out of mosquitos today, so had to use it, while I got my last level in the chaos caves.

Anyway, When I launch it, and fire, my FPS goes from 50 to about 12, my screen jerks, and I fatal.

Every Time!

And its really annoying.. When the PN fired two beams, it was fine, but ever since it fires 3 my screen jerks and I fatal. Yet it only seems to cause me to fatal in the chaos caves.

in the wastelands It still jerks but I dont fatal when using it.

Anyone have the same problem? :eek:

I fully capped my 5th char today :D

retr0n
17-04-04, 19:46
Although it does lag me down a bit, same with HL and/or basicly anyting else
i've never crashed because of it...
Running AMD Athlon 1800+ / 1024 RAM / ATI Radeon 9600 / DX9 / Latest drivers / W2k

Radamez
17-04-04, 19:53
Never played a droner so i've never used it, but.. i've been in teams with droners using it, and I too experienced bad screen lag.. although it was around the time I was experiencing a problem with my card, shown in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96739)

Needs sorting, in any case.

Disturbed021
17-04-04, 19:53
hmmm I use the PN all the time and don't notice a prob. Is it just in the chaos caves?

oh yeah congrats on your 5th capped :)

Mighty Max
17-04-04, 20:08
I got no problems with it. Neither GFX lag nor crashs in the caves.

Scikar
17-04-04, 20:12
PN never fired 2 shots. PB-4 and PB-20 fire two shots, PB-1 fires one and PN has always fired 3. It does cause some lag on my other comp since it's the same effect used for CopBot rifles. This one doesn't stutter at all with it though. If you turn down misc texture detail it should get rid of the problem (if it's FPS related anyway).

Clownst0pper
17-04-04, 20:15
Hmm, its the only thing in the game which causes my screen to jolt, not even the devourer stops my comp.

its really bizzare 8| :rolleyes:

Darth Slayer
17-04-04, 21:21
Whoa never noticed that bug and I am a droner for year + now.
Sounds a bad one tbh. Sounds wierd specially as none of your other wpns do it. Possibly maybe one of your files corrupted slightly ?

amfest
17-04-04, 21:45
hmm i've never noticed it causing any bad lag or FPS drop .. but then again my comp sucks and I'm already at low FPS so maybe what you consider a bad FPS drop is my typical FPS so since it's already there It's normal for me :D

craio
17-04-04, 22:17
Never noticed any lag concerning drones ,besides the smoke stream of the mr's rockets that stays behind and gets all te colors of the rainbow(pretty nice actually).