PDA

View Full Version : DoY and characters

El Barto
17-04-04, 18:58
KK have already said there won't be a character wipe with DoY, but they have also said there will be a DoY server and classic Neocron server's, does this mean that are characters of n ow will still be around but only on the classic servers and not the DoY ones?

MrChumble
17-04-04, 19:02
I thought it was the other way around. Chars getting moved, anyone who wants to do old nc would need to start again.

That would make more sense anyway, as it would push people into buying DoY :)

jiga
17-04-04, 19:08
I thought it was the other way around. Chars getting moved, anyone who wants to do old nc would need to start again.

That would make more sense anyway, as it would push people into buying DoY :)
I don't see why they couldn't duplicate the the chars to both the doy and the regular servers

craio
17-04-04, 19:53
I don't see why they couldn't duplicate the the chars to both the doy and the regular servers

There will be only 1 classic server, and multiple doy servers. Duplicating to classic would mean a database merge and that isnt an option.

enigma_b17
17-04-04, 20:34
lol one classic server, thats goin to hurt like hell if there are alot of ppl on it, unless the server being used is 20x better then the current one and the netcode has been improved drastically, but i hope my chars get moved to doy i dont fancy the idea of havin to start all over again from scratch, although in some respects that is appealing :D)

jiga
17-04-04, 20:54
lol one classic server, thats goin to hurt like hell if there are alot of ppl on it, unless the server being used is 20x better then the current one and the netcode has been improved drastically, but i hope my chars get moved to doy i dont fancy the idea of havin to start all over again from scratch, although in some respects that is appealing :D)
i wonder if they will even patch the classic server :lol: suckers :)