PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Router + Neocron

TraumaTeam
17-04-04, 16:40
I'm trying to run two PCs with Neocron running on a shared Netgear router. I've seen that others have been able to get this to work, but only one client will work at a time for me.

Can someone who is doing this please post your router settings? I've enabled opening on the standard Neocron ports and have both machines on different ports (7000 + 7010).

Jest
17-04-04, 16:43
After you've done that, set up your router to foward all data of one port to your first computer, and all data of the other port to your second computer. That should do it.

Nidhogg
17-04-04, 18:58
Bring up the Netgear settings (http://192.168.0.1/start.htm) page. Click on Port Forwarding down in the Advanced options at the bottom left. Click on Add Custom Service. Enter Neocron1 as the service name, the first port number into both starting and ending ports and the IP address of the first computer into Server IP address. Add a second service "Neocron2" with the second port in both starting and ending ports, but pointing to the IP address of the other computer.

That should get you in business.

N

TraumaTeam
17-04-04, 22:27
I'll give that a try - thanks!

TraumaTeam
17-04-04, 22:43
Crap - that didn't do it. I've got one set for port 7000 and the other for 7010 (both in the router and in the INI), but it didn't work. Maybe I'm just asking too much of a $60 router?

Nidhogg
17-04-04, 22:54
You're not trying to connect the same account to the same server twice are you?

N

naimex
17-04-04, 23:08

N

It canīt be done..

you can however, use the same neocron installation to connect 2 accounts to the same server, and use alt+tab

it just requires logging in, alt+tab, change connection port in ini file, and then open neocron again, and login with other account, and then alt+tab between the 2 accounts online at the same time on the same server.

That would be my guess to what was happening.

and1guy
17-04-04, 23:25
i just bought a netgear router cuz my linksys broke.. this is what i do
on your main PC where NC is installed, right click on the neocron folder c:/program files/neocron and then there is a tab called sharing or some shit.. share it on the network.. then u gotta go into my network settings and set up a home office network or whatever(sorry i havent done it in a bit).. i think u have to reboot both computers and then go on the 2nd PC and look in my network places and it should show the neocron folder.. then launch that shit up.. its a lil laggy sometimes but its all good for poking/rezzing yourself.. check it out

TraumaTeam
18-04-04, 00:48

Nope - two seperate accounts. (This is why I'm so frustrated. For the extra cash each month, I'd like the benefit of swapping stuff between my characters...)

TraumaTeam
18-04-04, 00:50
you can however, use the same neocron installation to connect 2 accounts to the same server, and use alt+tab

Nope. I tried that first and was getting the same results. Now that I've gone through the trouble, I would prefer two seperate systems. (I'm assuming once the problem is licked, both methods will be fixed).

Callash
18-04-04, 01:52
Maybe try leaving more space between the two ports (i.e. not 7000 + 7010, but 7000 + 7500 or something). Dunno if that helps but it could.

naimex
18-04-04, 10:07
Nope. I tried that first and was getting the same results. Now that I've gone through the trouble, I would prefer two seperate systems. (I'm assuming once the problem is licked, both methods will be fixed).

It should work, unless you have the ports blocked in the router or a firewall.

(A mate of mine does it so I know it works)

Maybe try leaving more space between the two ports (i.e. not 7000 + 7010, but 7000 + 7500 or something). Dunno if that helps but it could.

Doesnīt really matter, you can use 7000 and 7001 without any problems.