PDA

View Full Version : Recent Pluto population is ... KK + FIX = Good

xenocide
17-04-04, 05:43
terrible... everyone is leaving... lineage 2, or something else, just a little while ago, dark made up a fifth of the server... whether that seems wrong or not is up to you guys but... pluto needs more players, either a merge (which is overwhelmingly hard and i know the problems), or something, i dont know... PLUTO PLAYERS COME BACK!!! =D

xenocide

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 06:03
terrible... everyone is leaving... lineage 2, or something else, just a little while ago, dark made up a fifth of the server... whether that seems wrong or not is up to you guys but... pluto needs more players, either a merge (which is overwhelmingly hard and i know the problems), or something, i dont know... PLUTO PLAYERS COME BACK!!! =D

xenocide
Ppl are being lured by digital boobies and mind numbing gameplay of Lineage2 :rolleyes: Some fiasco about it being better, which it really ain't. It's on a level equal to Shadowlame gameplay and interface wise, and with less content. Though the Unreal engine gave it nice graphics, it's play control is shitty.

Kasumi
17-04-04, 06:15
Ppl are being lured by digital boobies and mind numbing gameplay of Lineage2 :rolleyes: Some fiasco about it being better, which it really ain't. It's on a level equal to Shadowlame gameplay and interface wise, and with less content. Though the Unreal engine gave it nice graphics, it's play control is shitty.
People play lineage II because it has a big playter base, lots of customisation in my opinion.. more content.. better graphics.. better gameplay.. overall its a good game.. :)

ChronoX
17-04-04, 06:24
Turn based combat? I managed to play Anarchy Online for about a year, but in some games combat is so fucking dull and boring.

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 06:27
People play lineage II because it has a big playter base, lots of customisation in my opinion.. more content.. better graphics.. better gameplay.. overall its a good game.. :)
You are joking and full of it. Better gameplay. Bullshit. More content. Bullshit. More customisation, that is plain and utter bullshit. The only thing that lineage 2 has is graphics,a nd I wouldn't even call them that great, especially the mockery they make out of the Unreal engine with them.

Moofausa
17-04-04, 06:29
WELL. WHAT I THINK IS!!!.. Their sick of getting excuses for DoY being pushed back more time, what its up to ? Setp 01 2007.. ? hmm as for myself i've been searching the web for a new game trying to get Soldren to get work ect ect... maybe if kk fixed the fucking bugs, had more damn gms on, and other stuff it would be more populated, what would be the most mother fucking extreeme thing would be if Pluto and Saturn merged servers... omg I would spend so much time on this game bcuz I would have 3x3 , 9 more char slots to fill - also since i got more pluto stuff then saturn.. just a thought.

/edit, paying for one more month of cstor / canceling 2 other accounts - if things dont pull up in the next month im out.. gg

Kasumi
17-04-04, 06:34
You are joking and full of it. Better gameplay. Bullshit. More content. Bullshit. More customisation, that is plain and utter bullshit. The only thing that lineage 2 has is graphics,a nd I wouldn't even call them that great, especially the mockery they make out of the Unreal engine with them.Hrmm I can change my hairstyle, face, haircolour, and a quite a few other things. What does Neocron have.. You get to pick a face.. Everyone looks the same almost.. :) The interface is nice and clean for me. Its not complex it looks better than the Neocron Interface. Turned based combat is alot more fun since I can actually have a bit of time to think and its not a "dull" turn based combat like horizons.. :) Lineage II gave me everything I wished Neocron had. I just hope BDOY gives me what Lineage II gives me.. LOTS OF INDIVIDUALISM!! I actually feel like I am in the Lineage II world unlike Neocron. People dont call me bad names in Lineage II... MOre roleplayers in Lineage II.. NOt everyone has weird names that are vulgar in nature, spelled wrong, or spelt with letters and numbers in Lineage II.. :/

EDit: Even though you cant see the problems neocron has I can.. :)

Edit: Also.. NOT everyone has the same character as me.. Very few people have the same weapon I do, same character setup.. even though i am have a Silver Ranger.. Lots of cutomisation with my armor and weapons too.. What does Neocron have? Nothing.. Everyone is the same.. :/

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 06:41
Hrmm I can change my hairstyle, face, haircolour, and a quite a few other things. What does Neocron have.. You get to pick a face.. Everyone looks the same almost.. :) The interface is nice and clean for me. Its not complex it looks better than the Neocron Interface. Turned based combat is alot more fun since I can actually have a bit of time to think and its not a "dull" turn based combat like horizons.. :) Lineage II gave me everything I wished Neocron had. I just hope BDOY gives me what Lineage II gives me.. LOTS OF INDIVIDUALISM!! I actually feel like I am in the Lineage II world unlike Neocron. People dont call me bad names in Lineage II... MOre roleplayers in Lineage II.. NOt everyone has weird names that are vulgar in nature, spelled wrong, or spelt with letters and numbers in Lineage II.. :/

EDit: Even though you cant see the problems neocron has I can.. :)

Edit: Also.. NOT everyone has the same character as me.. Very few people have the same weapon I do, same character setup.. even though i am have a Silver Ranger.. Lots of cutomisation with my armor and weapons too.. What does Neocron have? Nothing.. Everyone is the same.. :/
Oh yes, three whole hairstyles, four depending on your race, and two colors. Oooo, big choices. UO has more customisation choices. And individualism. Riiiight. You look like every other character. Please, go back to Lineage 2 and spout your propoganda there. The community is jsut as bad as Neocrons over there, cept most of em can't speak English. Sorry that eye candy is all you play for, because it sure as fuck ain't the content in Lineage 2 (or lack there of) or the shitty ass interface or fucking lame PvP.

And btw, though it never occurs to some ppl, because I know someone is going to start quoting sub numbers soon, but Lineage 2 is using the same game scheme that Lineage 1 has. Internet cafes where you are automatically given an account for getting a cafe account, which, over inflates their numbers by a landslide.

ChronoX
17-04-04, 06:44
Turned based combat is alot more fun since I can actually have a bit of time to think and its not a "dull" turn based combat like horizons.. :)

Turn based combat is the biggest turn off for me. I got enough of it with Anarchy Online even if it wasn't as dull as in most games. Well i am new in Neocron and still excited of realtime combat system. :lol:

Kasumi
17-04-04, 06:53
Turn based combat is the biggest turn off for me. I got enough of it with Anarchy Online even if it wasn't as dull as in most games. Well i am new in Neocron and still excited of realtime combat system. :lol:heheheh When you are as old as me turn based combat is the best :P

Oh yes, three whole hairstyles, four depending on your race, and two colors. Oooo, big choices. UO has more customisation choices. Ultima Online is also ALOT OLDER, and 4 is more than Neocron has to offer.. also.. There is more class diversity in Lineage II.. NOT Everyone is a Silver Ranger, Not everyone is a Mystic, or a summoner.. :) Finally getting my character to level 62 I feel like I have acommplished something.. With Neocron what do I get for turning level 100? Nothing.. Not high level mobs, no really good weapons.. I also can have lots more fun in a team in Lineage II but that might be because the groups usually speak Korean or Japanese.. :)

ChronoX
17-04-04, 07:07
heheheh When you are as old as me turn based combat is the best :P

In game or irl? ;)

Finally getting my character to level 62 I feel like I have acommplished something.. With Neocron what do I get for turning level 100? Nothing.. Not high level mobs, no really good weapons..

Well, it depends... I really felt i accomplished something when i finally got my unlabeled laser cannon. Maybe they should add something to reach also for higher level players.

My rank is just 4/11 :lol:

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:13
heheheh When you are as old as me turn based combat is the best :P

Ultima Online is also ALOT OLDER, and 4 is more than Neocron has to offer.. also.. There is more class diversity in Lineage II.. NOT Everyone is a Silver Ranger, Not everyone is a Mystic, or a summoner.. :) Finally getting my character to level 62 I feel like I have acommplished something.. With Neocron what do I get for turning level 100? Nothing.. Not high level mobs, no really good weapons.. I also can have lots more fun in a team in Lineage II but that might be because the groups usually speak Korean or Japanese.. :)
An accomplishment? That is the biggest line of bullshit I ever read. There is no reward for going to level 62 in lineage no more different than reaching level 100 in Neocron. The difference is the time it took, which all Lineage 2 is a major waste of time. And if you believe no really good weapons, then obviously you don't know how to look. [ edited ]

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:17
Oh yes, Kasumi, UO being older has nothing to do with it's customisation. 90% of the customisation level was there at LAUNCH. There hasn't been much change in customisation since the game went live, and now they are adding in new skills after nearly 7 years. They added in Necromancy, chivalry, and focus, and next planning on adding in new skills with the new expansion due at the end of this year.

Black_Ice
17-04-04, 07:17
Lineage 2, bah, played the beta. Kinda like EQ is the best description, only with better eye candy and customization, etc. Little things. I had looked forward to it, but after playing it, it's a big letdown. I can only hope WoW will kick some major ass (which it apparently is, though I gotta see what this new Rest State system is all about).

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:18
Lineage 2, bah, played the beta. Kinda like EQ is the best description, only with better eye candy and customization, etc. Little things. I had looked forward to it, but after playing it, it's a big letdown. I can only hope WoW will kick some major ass (which it apparently is, though I gotta see what this new Rest State system is all about).
I dunno about ass kicking. But from I understand, everyone hates the new rest system. I will try it out, but I never liked Warcraft.

Kasumi
17-04-04, 07:21
An accomplishment? That is the biggest line of bullshit I ever read. There is no reward for going to level 62 in lineage no more different than reaching level 100 in Neocron. The difference is the time it took, which all Lineage 2 is a major waste of time. And if you believe no really good weapons, then obviously you don't know how to look. But then again, the Japanese don't know how to have fun. Everything has to be work for them, even playing a game.Dont bring countries into this especially mine.... :) There is a big difference.. Level 100 in Neocron I have nothing left to do.. Mobs are not very strong in Neocron.. No new weapons.. not nothing.. At level 62 IN Lineage II i can advance my character further.. Also people enjoy having higher level characters around. I feel needed as well sonmetimes.. :) Even though it can be hard to find someone to level with in it. Also the Lineage II world is MUCh bigger than the Neocron world.. Quite a bit more to explore.. :)

In game or irl? ;)
hehe Thats a secret.. ^-^

Black_Ice
17-04-04, 07:22
Ah, I've been a Blizz mark since the first WC game, so I'm looking forward to it. From the bare understanding I have of the Rest System, it really won't hinder most players, only the ones that need to be hindered.

Anyways, on topic, yeah well, Pluto's player base was never big to begin with. What's needed is advertising NC to get some new blood in here. Fix a few of the key gameplay issues *cough*Anti-City Epics and MC5*cough* and we might start to have a MMO on our hands.

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:22
Dont bring countries into this especially mine.... :) There is a big difference.. Level 100 in Neocron I have nothing left to do.. No new weapons.. not nothing.. At level 62 IN Lineage II i can advance my character further.. Also people enjoy having higher level characters around. I feel needed as well sonmetimes.. :) Even though it can be hard to find someone to level with in it.

hehe Thats a secret.. ^-^
A game devoted to PvP you have plenty to do. Don't try and lie because youa re on NCSoft payroll, and they aren't getting as large a subscriber base as their original Lineage.

Celt
17-04-04, 07:24
Nash, get off your high horse.

People play lineage II because it has a big playter base, lots of customisation in my opinion.. more content.. better graphics.. better gameplay.. overall its a good game.. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gifWhat's quoted in bold is fact, whats in italics is something you should read before trying to crush kasumi.

As for content:

[ edited ]

A game devoted to PvP you have plenty to do. Don't try and lie because youa re on NCSoft payroll, and they aren't getting as large a subscriber base as their original Lineage.IF YOU LIKE PVP.

If you only like to pvp sometimes, thats NC out of the way.

ChronoX
...I can only hope WoW will kick some major ass (which it apparently is...

Well i didn't get in the beta, but i saw this:

Originally posted by Zed030

What has kept me interested? At this point, I'm not realy sure.

My first interest was just to hit lvl 30 and get my level 30 skills... after that was done, the game became pretty boring.

The next thing was to try to finish up as many quests as I could... sure enough after about 30 they got realy repetative and I gave up on that too.

What next? I worked on my trade skills; enchanter and herbalism. Got that as high as I could with the current level cap, and sold enchantments till I made a stupid amount of money (132 gold, 1 gold is about a week of playing).

Soooo once I did all this stuff with my Dwarf Mage, I decided to try a Human Warlock. Again, same stuff, got my char to lvl 30 (which was way more fun then playing a mage, as the class wasn't stupidly weak). I trained my pets abit, got them some new skills (Like Fireball for my Imp and Sunder for my bird lady thing), and tried out new tradeskills (survival and cooking), and did some quests I haven't seen before (added in new patch).

Sooo now I have two lvl 30 chars and absolutely nothing to do with them. I'm waiting for the next push to start so I can start my Undead Warlock (or mage, depending on patch changes) and see how that goes... but I predict it will be exactly the same as the other two characters. Hopefuly the level limit will be raised soon so I can explore higher areas and get some better loot. (I have alot of 30+ items that I can't yet wear... kinda funny).

I've also been doing some PvP once in a while. The Warlock realy sucks at it, as his only attacking spells is Shadowbolt and tons (I mean TONS) of DoTs... by the time you stack enough DoTs you're already dead. And pets are just ignored in combat so they're pretty useless. And as for mage, he isn't too good PvM, but PvP he's overpowered, as he can freeze the enemy in one spot and nuke him for 1k+ damage in less then 10 seconds.

No instance PvP yet, which I can't wait to see, so hopefuly that would be another thing to participate in.

So far, WoW is turning out to be a giant Diablo. Level + Items is the only thing to do, unless they REALY improve the current quests.

I will try it though :)

Kasumi
A game devoted to PvP you have plenty to do. Don't try and lie because youa re on NCSoft payroll, and they aren't getting as large a subscriber base as their original Lineage.
hehe My dream would be to work at NCsoft :P But that not happen.. :)

Oh yes, Kasumi, UO being older has nothing to do with it's customisation. 90% of the customisation level was there at LAUNCH. There hasn't been much change in customisation since the game went live, and now they are adding in new skills after nearly 7 years. They added in Necromancy, chivalry, and focus, and next planning on adding in new skills with the new expansion due at the end of this year.
Ultima Online is also a 2D game.. Have you ever modeled? Made clothes to comform to the models? Move? Physics? its alot harder than working with a 2D engine.. ^_^

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:27
Nash, get off your high horse.

What's quoted in bold is fact, whats in italics is something you should read before trying to crush kasumi.

As for content:

[ edited ]

IF YOU LIKE PVP.

If you only like to pvp sometimes, thats NC out of the way.
[ edited ]It's only in beta for the rest of the world. Over in Asian countries, it's live. As far as crushing her posts, I have might right to crush her, as I have played the game, and I already know the content is pretty much going to stay the same. The game is in open beta, whihc means it will be live in the rest of the world not too long from now. Now go get a clue, because you are dying for one, and the game blows a big fat donkey dick. Control sucks, interface sucks. Nuff said. Turn based combat, for little carebears who like to play games like everquest.

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:29
hehe My dream would be to work at NCsoft :P But that not happen.. :)

Ultima Online is also a 2D game.. Have you ever modeled? Made clothes to comform to the models? Move? Physics? its alot harder than working with a 2D engine.. ^_^
Bzzzt wrong. UO's 2D engine is very difficult to work with, and much like Diablo 1 and 2, was designed using high rendered 3D models. Furthermore UO is not so easily updateable as today's 3D games. Furthermore, a 3D gam eis able to get several new in game models compared to one new in game spite for UO. Do try to review your sources, el stupido.

Black_Ice
17-04-04, 07:33
Actually Lineage 2 recently went Gold in US, so it's not beta here anymore either. Lineage 2 is just boring, but some people like leveling I guess :wtf:

I'm gonna give WoW a shot just cuz I heard so much positive and negative. And it is in early Beta, another what? 4 1/2 months of this beta round still to go, so yeah, it'll hopefully shape up better...but then again, D2v1.10 kinda sucked

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:34
Actually Lineage 2 recently went Gold in US, so it's not beta here anymore either. Lineage 2 is just boring, but some people like leveling I guess :wtf:

I'm gonna give WoW a shot just cuz I heard so much positive and negative. And it is in early Beta, another what? 4 1/2 months of this beta round still to go, so yeah, it'll hopefully shape up better...but then again, D2v1.10 kinda sucked
Oh, well I guess then that means it pretty much didn't change as expected :rolleyes:

Black_Ice
17-04-04, 07:37
Yup, Lineage 2 = Eye Candy, little substance. Atleast with Lineage 1, I had seen some crazy stuff done. L2 doesn't have nearly the support L1 has because many players in Asia feel it just isn't Lineage, it's moved to American MMO model which is Level, Level, Level, Weapon Upgrade, Level, Armor Upgrade, Level, Defeat Boss Mob, Level, break keyboard over your knee and cut your wrists cuz you just wasted your life.

Celt
17-04-04, 07:38
No it isn't you fool. It's only in beta for the rest of the world. Over in Asian countries, it's live.So everyone commenting on it in these forums are in fact subscribing to the asian l2 servers, and paying for them?

They are beta testing it.

As far as crushing her posts, I have might right to crush her, as I have played the game,She has her right to her opinion, it isnt a whit less right then yours.

and I already know the content is pretty much going to stay the same.So you can either see into the future, or have inside source in NCSoft(presuming thats the devs)?

The game is in open beta, whihc means it will be live in the rest of the world not too long from now.Why the hell would you add significant content to a beta?

Now go get a clue, because you are dying for one,Yes sir!

and the game blows a big fat donkey dick. Control sucks, interface sucks. Nuff said.[ edited ]

Turn based combat, for little carebears who like to play games like everquest.Ah, so turn based combat is for carebears?

You must have grown up on CS.

[ edited ]

StryfeX
17-04-04, 07:39
[ edited ] Just go away and do try to stop being a rabid Neocron fanboi. This game has issues. Lineage 2 (I'm sure) has issues. So as the saying goes, let bygons be bygons. Besides, you're massively off topic.

@xenocide: I think the reason that everyone is leaving is because they now know that DOY is coming on Sept. 1 (presumably) and have either found the current game boring, found it not worth the trouble, found that KK doesn't seem to care about the current playerbase, or whatever.

Not having a patch in a long while sucks too. Not to mention the current parashock debaucle. And MC5 being closed. I could go on, but I don't think I really have to. You get the idea.

--Stryfe

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:40
Yup, Lineage 2 = Eye Candy, little substance. Atleast with Lineage 1, I had seen some crazy stuff done. L2 doesn't have nearly the support L1 has because many players in Asia feel it just isn't Lineage, it's moved to American MMO model which is Level, Level, Level, Weapon Upgrade, Level, Armor Upgrade, Level, Defeat Boss Mob, Level, break keyboard over your knee and cut your wrists cuz you just wasted your life.
Why I don't like games like DAoC, Evercrack, Shadowlame, or any of them others really. Hate levelling. Only game I see with any glimmer of hope left in it is UO, and that one I will stick with since i been playing it for almost 7 years now. Lineage 1 I tried, but couldn't get into. I despised the fact it was a faster version of Everquest levelling. That's all I did in that game.

Nash_Brigham
17-04-04, 07:41
[ edited ] Just go away and do try to stop being a rabid Neocron fanboi. This game has issues. Lineage 2 (I'm sure) has issues. So as the saying goes, let bygons be bygons. Besides, you're massively off topic.

@xenocide: I think the reason that everyone is leaving is because they now know that DOY is coming on Sept. 1 (presumably) and have either found the current game boring, found it not worth the trouble, found that KK doesn't seem to care about the current playerbase, or whatever.

Not having a patch in a long while sucks too. Not to mention the current parashock debaucle. And MC5 being close. I could go on, but I don't think I really have to. You get the idea.

--Stryfe
Not a neocron fanboi, but I ain't gonna let someone just waltz in and trash a game and replace it with an even trashier game. [ edited ]

Black_Ice
17-04-04, 07:45
As already stated, L2 is gold in US, so it'll be retail in the next week or so, so Beta in US is pretty much done. Yes, many have said that Lineage 2 lacks substance. The castle/capture/clans/etc. have all been toned down and made pretty much a docile affair. I played L2, leveled, but it got boring quick.

Not saying NC is any better, but hell, L2 is almost an EQ copy but updated with new graphics.

ChronoX
17-04-04, 07:45
Soon this will turn in to

[edited]

[edited]

[edited]

[edited]

;)

StryfeX
17-04-04, 07:49
Not a neocron fanboi, but I ain't gonna let someone just waltz in and trash a game and replace it with an even trashier game.[ edited ][ edited ]

--Stryfe

Shadow Dancer
17-04-04, 08:38
Lineage 2 looks very good actually. IT does look like it has tons of customization. The only things keeping me from playing it

1.hawr hawr nekkid women gfx. I know some of you(guys) may like that, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine in a game. I HATE that.

2.XP loss on death

That's pretty much it.

Moofausa
17-04-04, 08:49
Holy Shit Arent We All Off Topic ! Goodnight Sar!

grAss heArt
17-04-04, 08:58
Man jesus i hear so much whining about how pluto has a low Pop when imho Rather lower than High, for instance jupiter always laggs after 1700 GMT because everyone is on that 500+ people then at OP wars sometimes the server crashes, so U dont want populations like us :)

Kasumi
17-04-04, 09:05
Lineage 2 looks very good actually. IT does look like it has tons of customization. The only things keeping me from playing it

1.hawr hawr nekkid women gfx. I know some of you(guys) may like that, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine in a game. I HATE that.

2.XP loss on death

That's pretty much it.
Do you mean Naked woman graphics?? If you do than there are none.. :/

Shadow Dancer
17-04-04, 09:13
Do you mean Naked woman graphics?? If you do than there are none.. :/

Not completely naked. But you know what I mean.

:p

Moofausa
17-04-04, 09:21
sd is back ! yaaaay... gnight, bye kasumi good luck with your fight i'm behind u all the way even though i dont know what ur fighting for!

ChronoX
17-04-04, 09:25
sd is back ! yaaaay... gnight, bye kasumi good luck with your fight i'm behind u all the way even though i dont know what ur fighting for!

She is going to get married, so u don't have a change even how hard u try... ;) :lol:

Kasumi
17-04-04, 09:26
She is going to get married, so u don't have a change even how hard u try... ;) :lol:
hehe Marriage ceremony was yesterday.. :P

ChronoX
17-04-04, 09:30
hehe Marriage ceremony was yesterday.. :P

Oh, Congratulations! :)

MrChumble
17-04-04, 11:17
Hrmm I can change my hairstyle, face, haircolour, and a quite a few other things. What does Neocron have.. You get to pick a face.. Everyone looks the same almost.. :)

I never worked out why people put so much stock into character customisation. SWG had fantastic character building, I managed to get my character looking exactly how I wanted him, it was amazing. However after a few days of play I was utterly bored with the game; looking great is pointless if the gameplay sucks.
On the otherhand the player customisation in Neocron is very limited and my chars look nothing like what I want, but I've been playing actively for over a year.
Gameplay > graphics every time. Now if KK would just fix the gameplay :angel:

IceStorm
17-04-04, 11:20
It's April. Aren't a lot of kids studying for finals in college? Maybe that's where they all went?

I have no problem with Pluto's population. I like the low playercounts. Leave the server alone.

Aziraphale
17-04-04, 11:33
It's April. Aren't a lot of kids studying for finals in college? Maybe that's where they all went?

I have no problem with Pluto's population. I like the low playercounts. Leave the server alone.

I agree, but isn't 70 odd people a bit too low though?
I'd like to see a Uranus size population though, not Saturn size.

Vid Gamer
17-04-04, 12:00
Didn't read anyone's post, but I feel that Pluto is in a 'sucking' slump right now.

I moved to Jupiter currently and playing with some friends that moved and I've known in-game quite awhile. Jupiter kicks ass in term of population. Makes the game feel populated again. Pluto is lucky to get past 150..

Hayato
17-04-04, 12:12
eXo is onErica server dm Maddrox,gerth,Krunky,Shakey,or rhah :D

Ascension
17-04-04, 12:33
Well i play on Seighardt with a few peeps from NC..

i heard peeps like Xio and Toni Baretta Play on Erica..

:D

Clownst0pper
17-04-04, 13:46
Pluto is terrible, its a ghost town, and people are so stuck up with the whole l337 one character vibe.

And they parashock more than saturn players, mostly because they cant aim.

I was on my lowtech PE (rest in piece fawkes) and the population was 75.

Who was it who kept saying pluto > Saturn? :lol:

MrChumble
17-04-04, 14:03
Who was it who kept saying pluto > Saturn? :lol:

Pluto is different to saturn. I wouldn't rate it as either better or worse. It has an economy that isn't totally retarded, but it has clans that are. The PvP skill is generally higher, but often more pointless and less fun. There's more RP, but more ego.
It's all checks and balances really. The low server population is exacerbating (sp?) some of the inherent problems.

icarium
17-04-04, 14:21

yet people are still leaving nc to play it, you would have thought that would have told you something ;)

jiga
17-04-04, 14:28
is lineage turn based?

Radamez
17-04-04, 14:59
Pluto v Saturn - we're not going to start this childish bullshit again, are we?

As for lineage II, from what little i've seen of this game it looks like just another time-sink, bash mobs till your eyes bleed EQ clone..

Just like Final Fantasy XI and the like - fun for a month, but then you can't help feeling you're wasting your time..

Even the highly acclaimed WoW falls under that catagory for me.. nothing new.

It's the same old song.. "NC cannot compete with these new games" They said it about Planetside, SW:G, shadowbane and look at those pathetic excuses for MMO's.

I'd sooner stick to single player games until NC picks up or something innovative comes out, than turn my brain into swiss cheese.

jiga
17-04-04, 15:03
ive just done my research on lineage and ive found out that it's a elves, goblins and dragons type game. WTF is it with all these fantasy games that all look the same??? :confused:

-Demon-
17-04-04, 15:26
I used to play pluto all the time currently along with alot of others I'm simply waiting for DoY or moved to other servers to improve things at the moment
Personally I think we know the situation on pluto has been created due to a few clans pissing off people too many times, the op war system isn't upto it been abused as it was when we fighting all the time.

Theres only so much shit people can take ya know?

Having said all that I might come back soon I don't know, I'm off playing other games at the moment too.

Pluto just isn't the fun place it used to be I'm afraid...Thanks to a few retards.

CrazyMan
17-04-04, 15:31
Lol!
I think Pluto should be killed off :)
I have a very high lvl char there, but never play, because:
a) it is very fucking hard to find a tradeskiller
b) the population of the server is too low
c) more reasons I dont wanna talk about ;)

^^

Cruzbroker
17-04-04, 15:45
Jupiter? :lol:
Venus? :lol:
Uranus? :lol:
Saturn? :lol:
Pluto? :lol:

shodanjr_gr
17-04-04, 15:48
Why I don't like games like DAoC, Evercrack, Shadowlame, or any of them others really. Hate levelling.

If you hate leveling, what the heck are you doing here? Leveling is an integral part of every MMORPG. Most of a games content should be in leveling. If you dont like it, go play Planetside, it would suit you more.

Liebestoter
17-04-04, 15:55
.. to any of the games he mentioned, leveling in Neocron is nothing.

Radamez
17-04-04, 16:03
If you hate leveling, what the heck are you doing here? Leveling is an integral part of every MMORPG. Most of a games content should be in leveling. If you dont like it, go play Planetside, it would suit you more.

That's such a bullshit statement, and i'm tired of hearing it..

Yes, leveling is a fundamental element of the majority of current MMORPG's.. through _choice_ by the devlopers of these games, simply because there's nothing more addictive than Effort vs Reward .. it's an easy thing to throw in a game to keep people playing and paying, rather than take the time to think up something innovative that will keep people playing.

See most Dev's don't bother, because it's a sure buck.. none dare to be different, except very few companies who actually have a passion about the game they're making.

MMO - lots of people playing together on-line in a virtual world, RPG - playing the role of a character in that word.

The treadmill is not mandatory. Wake up.

t0tt3
17-04-04, 16:17
Well i didn't get in the beta, but i saw this:

[The WoW beta talker...]

I will try it though :)

:lol: they have a soft cap to make everything WORK!!! its a beta you know ;)
So itīs not that heīs in to try to make the most fun of it. He maybe have not seen 25% of the world "dunno donīt got the beta either"

If you saw the beta for NC that wasnīt so much content in it either, all was duping and had 1000000000000000 in cash looked like KK wanted to do a German inflation back in 1947 or so :wtf:

So you canīt really say they made a bad job if he played all that shit 1 gold took 1 week normal play and he had 134..... lol 134 weeks thats over 2 years.. So I donīt think guys/girls that wanna play it gonna stay ingame for 24/7 they go jobs to do to not a 14 year old school boy that has no life :p

kurai
17-04-04, 16:29
If you hate leveling, what the heck are you doing here? Leveling is an integral part of every MMORPG. Most of a games content should be in leveling. If you dont like it, go play Planetside, it would suit you more.Hrmmm - I disagree with that.
Levelling, for me, should be a means to an end, not the entire purpose of a game.

It takes a very specific personality type to actually obtain enjoyment from killing exactly the same monster for the thirty thousandth time.

Look at it this way ... would you voluntarily play Half Life, all the way through, several hundred times just for the fun of killing the same monsters/enemies again and again again ?

Adding the massively multiplayer element and the associated human interactivity obviates some of the pain, but eventually it won't be enough for most people.

NC is unique in that the end-point PvP requires much more intensive real-time combat input than any other game in a superficially similar niche. The "balance point" between player input skill and RPG character stat based capability is distinctly shifted towards the input skill.

*That's* what keeps me playing, and keeps the challenge alive for me.
(it's the same reason, at another level, I deliberately PvP using with the weakest combat class in the game [Spy]. I relish the challenge of winning against the odds, rather than simply picking a character with the best offense/defence stats and relying on that to win.)

MMORPG's are specifically and very deliberately designed to cater for personalities with obssesive/addictive tendencies, and being that I am posting to a MMORPG audience (obviously) others here will naturally have different objectives and expectations from their time investment.

However - levelling for levelling's sake simply isn't something the majority of gamers will tolerate for long.