PDA

View Full Version : Skill Release for DoY?

enigma_b17
16-04-04, 21:30
So what i was thinkin is how about givin all long time nc customers a skill release for DoY, so they can rework their setup appropriately to go along with the new features?

naimex
16-04-04, 21:32
I wouldnīt count on it..

but hey.. we can always hope..

even though they _only_ give skill release, if itīs major changes to the way the skills work.

jiga
16-04-04, 21:35
yep good idea

enigma_b17
16-04-04, 21:36
"if itīs major changes to the way the skills work"

If people have to lom in order to use a weapon they could use before DoY/patch id call that fairly major as it can in certain circumstances require ALOT of time to do

naimex
16-04-04, 21:37
"if itīs major changes to the way the skills work"

If people have to lom in order to use a weapon they could use before DoY/patch id call that fairly major as it can in certain circumstances require ALOT of time to do

actually thatīs not enough..

we had a skill release when they made PPW actually matter on psi pool..

(first hybrid nerf)

and another when they changed the way mst worked..

think thatīs the only skill releases weīve had..

enigma_b17
16-04-04, 21:38
ok maybe its not a huge effect, but when DoY comes out and kk introduce these new features and weapons and stuff, it would be nice as ppl would be able to start playing rite away and not have to bother with lomming for the first few days of it lol

jiga
16-04-04, 22:59
ok maybe its not a huge effect, but when DoY comes out and kk introduce these new features and weapons and stuff, it would be nice as ppl would be able to start playing rite away and not have to bother with lomming for the first few days of it lol
ROFL i could just imagine the first day of doy: evry1 is sitting in their apps lomming while u stand on ur own with tumbleweed tumbling by

Shadow Dancer
16-04-04, 23:07
I like this idea.

RayBob
16-04-04, 23:34
Even more important than a skill release would be a faction sympathy fix. All negative sympathies should be reset to zero. Why? Because some of the factions that we have been killing for years will become allied and it's dumb to have -99 faction sympathy with an ally. Also, many people will want to do the anti-city epics but for most city players those faction sympathies are beyond repair.

Shadow Dancer
16-04-04, 23:36
Yes ray yes, excellent idea.

I hadn't thought of that. I honestly don't know how any long time pvper DOESN'T have -99 in at least 7 factions.

hehe

Radamez
16-04-04, 23:52
Maybe.. maybe not..

IIRC the last time there was a skill release, people had all kinds of problems with missing skill points etc

Shit like that would kind of put a dampener on DoY release day.. :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

edit: that aside, it's a nice idea :p

enigma_b17
16-04-04, 23:53
aye me standin on me own while every1s lomming would be quite funny lol, but still it would be worth while to give every1 a skill and faction symp release :)

jiga
16-04-04, 23:54
aye me standin on me own while every1s lomming would be quite funny lol, but still it would be worth while to give every1 a skill and faction symp release :)
there better be tumbleweed

amfest
17-04-04, 00:04
nah I don't think so .. but I guess it would make the last 50 players left who actually dont' quit and wait for DOY happy :lol:

Even if I'm left Lomming I wouldn't mind. I"d just help out (hopefully) the incoming new people as they arrive in citys. Those who will have to start from scratch. Besides it might slow down the random n00b killing right from BDOY launch :rolleyes:. On another note make SURE to SPAM. Don't take your LE out till you are ready or you might find yourself dead alot by higher level people so don't complain or quit because of this! ;)

The reset of faction sympathys though is a good idea. Especially since it's going to be red vs blue when doy hits pretty much.

Judge
17-04-04, 01:08
Have an NPC in Neocron and DoY when it comes out which will give you a skill reset if you want it. Only once per character, then remove it after a month. Sound good to you?

So, if you want it you can risk any bugs that go along with it. But its not forced upon you.

amfest
17-04-04, 01:14
Have an NPC in Neocron and DoY when it comes out which will give you a skill reset if you want it. Only once per character, then remove it after a month. Sound good to you?

So, if you want it you can risk any bugs that go along with it. But its not forced upon you.
I don't agree with a skill release but if they do put something like that in then it shouldn't work on CON at all. I'm sure alot of people will just use the release to go test their con setups in NF. Which will give an unfair advantage to the first month players just like the test server players have an unfair advantage cause they can do this also.

enigma_b17
17-04-04, 01:29
amfest, may i inquire as to why u dont like the idea of a skill pt release, apart from the possible exploits that is