PDA

View Full Version : Character wipe! What character wipe?

16-04-04, 10:21
I've just seen some references to an inactive character wipe with reference to DOY but I cant find an official post on it, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Ta

-edit-
Typos

naimex
16-04-04, 10:26
If I am not mistaken then the character wipe has its roots in the fact, that account that have been inactive for 3 months or more will be deleted.

As of now, they store your chars until they run out of space.

But when DoY comes, the inactive account (3+ months of inactivity) will be deleted.

However there is still a lot of confusion of whether or not the "neocron Classic" (accounts that will not be upgraded to DoY) will be deleted, meaning the persons not upgrading will have to start all over, on the neocron classic game server, or if their accounts will be moved to that server..

This however will not be the case with the accounts getting upgraded, since the current servers are becoming DoY servers.

And there will therefore be no moving of chars/accounts there.

XSuneX
16-04-04, 11:02
If/When DOY comes out, I will buy it if it is on a store shelf, otherwise I will not take it serious.

I'll wait untill it is in the $20 or under bin. (It won't take long around where I live in the North West Suburbs of Chicago Illinois.)
I will then start over anyways, get online and if it is still buggy, I'll cancel that account and become an artist. :)

16-04-04, 11:13
So basically the (first) wipe wont happen until 3 months after the DOY release?

XSuneX
16-04-04, 11:16
So basically the (first) wipe wont happen until 3 months after the DOY release?
No they wipe your PC's if your account was cancled for 3 months.

naimex
16-04-04, 11:17
I donīt know that as a fact actually O_o

but I understand it to be on the day of the DoY release or a few days after.

even though that would make it unfair for those not preordering..

So purely logically, then it would be 3 months after DoY release.

But an official word would be nice on that one..

not that it matters for me, Iīm upgrading the first chance I get.

numb
16-04-04, 11:50
However there is still a lot of confusion of whether or not the "neocron Classic" (accounts that will not be upgraded to DoY) will be deleted, meaning the persons not upgrading will have to start all over, on the neocron classic game server, or if their accounts will be moved to that server..

I thought the post by MJS said that the current servers would be upgraded and all accounts would be stored on there and an extra server 'neocron classic' would be created, where you could start a new character there if you choose not to upgrade.

Original monk
16-04-04, 12:01
i think they dont even know emselves yet :)

i asked 5 times in the doyanouncement thread and only got answers from other players who refferd to threads from months ago ...

witouth official statement all above can be bollocks ... they still do what they want and can change it 1 day before realease of doy anyway ...

altough i think naimex is correct about the 3 month thingie ... so if you payed till june 1 atleast then i presume youre characters are safe ...

if not: then ya lost a few years of work: no biggie 8|