PDA

View Full Version : Why or why not would you get to be in the Beta Test for NC:BDOY

XSuneX
15-04-04, 19:51
Why or why not would you get to be in the Beta Test for NC:BDOY

amfest
15-04-04, 19:57
Cause my pc sucks :D

Man I hope they choose good. I know a majority of people who would just want to get in just to play with everything for free. I hope they choose the right people to actually "TEST" the game out and try and make it crash. Find all the bugs and exploits. To finally get it RIGHT. As it stands it'll be hard to find those very people cause everyone will mostly be interested for the free play.

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 19:58
WHy?!?! WHY NOT?!?!

I love this game, I want to do what I can to help improve the game, I've given loads of time helping out ingame with helping noobs, helping FCs, hosting events, I've given out loads of ideas. It's only a short bit of time before I try and see about getting into test server. Hell, I might even volunteer.

Being a BETA tester would be a honor beyond honors. Granted, there's the jaded perspective that most of the "beta testers" will goof off and run around trying everything in the game without really testing them, or heaven forbid, reporting any bugs. But if my word is worth a damn, if I can get into the beta and I can hock it into my computer, then I'd be a good tester - putting debugging ahead of enjoyment. I can only hope that others will do as well.

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:00
I would not want to be in the beta testing because it would spoil the surprise for me on the release date.

But if I did want to get in, it would be cuz I'm trustworthy and did not whine too much about NC in these forums? Well it depends how cunstructive it was I guess.

But yeah I'm sure you need to be good and pointing out the bugs and giving them good ideas too.

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:03
I would love to be a beta tester....... umm why would i get in?

cuz we swedes need luvin to? ;)

naah... umm... well its not like we dont need love - but... anyway i think i would be a good beta tester cuz....... i dunno... iam?

was never good on answering that question..

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 20:04
I would not want to be in the beta testing because it would spoil the surprise for me on the release date.

You'll still be suprise when you first see it as a beta tester.

I think I would be a good tester as well. With a keen eye, and a good sense of overall game balance. And i'd actually test it instead of just playing for TEH uber newness.

But I really think they probably already have a list of the people and are going through it. I bet you!!!!111

I think they need different types of people to test it too. Not composed of just one type.

Another thing, I think they should ignore what everyone says about being a good beta tester, because they already stated they were looking for testers. So now they can't really trust someone to be 100% honest IMO. Actually I think MJS should have never said anything at all. Or maybe he should have said the group was already selected.

I just have one question. How many testers will their be?

Maybe pluto should be made into the beta doy server. :D :D :D

*dodges flames*

extract
15-04-04, 20:09
noone on this board should test imo including me

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:10
Maybe pluto should be made into the beta doy server. :D :D :D

*dodges flames*Ahhaha hehehe. :) Yep, from what I've been hearing, their not doing much of anything else. :)

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:10

and why is that?

extract
15-04-04, 20:14
and why is that?

well you for one mr left 3 times, would obviously only be in it to see whats new possibly, for the majority of the rest its the same, the same old BS posts about DOY this and DOY that, whiners, crybabies etc etc.....I dont usually fall under that category(you could even take the time to search my threads and prove it) but I just dont think the majority of people on this board own the mentality to test something of this nature, call this a flame, I call it my opinion

Vampire222
15-04-04, 20:15
your rite extract...

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:22

Well from what I've seen on other MMORPG's like Gary Gygax's new one. On their forum it says this in one of the posts. "When will beta start?

Unknown at this point. However, progress is being made. reference (http://di.gamepoint.net/lejendary/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=15814#post15814) Note that it is "likely initial beta testers [will] be drawn from" registered board members, so be sure to register (http://di.gamepoint.net/lejendary/forum/register.php?s=&action=signup) and post! reference (http://di.gamepoint.net/lejendary/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111)reference (http://www.lejendary.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000468&p=1)
reference (http://di.gamepoint.net/lejendary/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=9947#post9947)
"

This is the link to there post http://di.gamepoint.net/lejendary/forum/showthread.php?threadid=405

My point is that I think it is a good ideo to draw registered board members.

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:22
haha, mr quit 3 times?

that really hurt!

"mentality to test something of this nature"

of this nature of loads of broken deadlines?

ive played since beta 4, ive tested all MMOG betas that ive gotten into, i think ive signed up to most of them.

ive tried every single angle of the gameplay in this game, good guy, bad guy, RP carebear, elite kid. u name it!

and there is loads of other people on this forum that i think would be good testers!

And ive quit 3 times, for 2 reasons

1) i crashed every 5 mins (was fixed)
2) ran out of money

but the man said something about "a few selected community members" - maybe they will only choose german speaking people?
perhaps mostly the people that have reported bugs?

its all up to MJS.

[ edited ]

ur post really doesnt make any sense! nobody that posts on the forums!?

most people that post active are the old players, the veterans, people that have played this game since retail. The people that play the game but doesnt visit the forums, are mostly just newbies - and thats really the wrong people for a beta test.

Oath
15-04-04, 20:23
For the same reason i cant be a gm :(

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:27
Well I know I'd want people who were honest with me about the game and not butt kissers, who do not let me know whats wrong.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a butt kisser and I actualy think the one's who are honest about the games faults are at least as good as any other beta tester.

Sure, be a fan boy to get more people to play but MJS knows WE LOVE HIM :) even when we trash the game. Other games aren't even worth trashing. :)

BombShell
15-04-04, 20:31
i would love to test it. but i know i wouldnt so i wouldnt try plus i hav a 56k long Dl's or i can dl it at school and pu t it on CD and bring home. PLus i bet most of KK dont like me after i talk so much smack to them.

And thats because i dont care who u are u will hear it.

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:35
i would love to test it. but i know i wouldnt so i wouldnt try plus i hav a 56k long Dl's or i can dl it at school and pu t it on CD and bring home. PLus i bet most of KK dont like me after i talk so much smack to them.

And thats because i dont care who u are u will hear it.

As long as your not SMACKING just to hurt, and your being contructive, then that is one of the good qualities of a beta tester. IMO.

But there are many different qualities that even conflict eachother that make a good beta tester.

extract
15-04-04, 20:38
haha, mr quit 3 times?

that really hurt!

"mentality to test something of this nature"

of this nature of loads of broken deadlines?

ive played since beta 4, ive tested all MMOG betas that ive gotten into, i think ive signed up to most of them.

ive tried every single angle of the gameplay in this game, good guy, bad guy, RP carebear, elite kid. u name it!

and there is loads of other people on this forum that i think would be good testers!

And ive quit 3 times, for 2 reasons

1) i crashed every 5 mins (was fixed)
2) ran out of money

but the man said something about "a few selected community members" - maybe they will only choose german speaking people?
perhaps mostly the people that have reported bugs?

its all up to MJS.

and btw, ur full of BS!

ur post really doesnt make any sense! nobody that posts on the forums!?

most people that post active are the old players, the veterans, people that have played this game since retail. The people that play the game but doesnt visit the forums, are mostly just newbies - and thats really the wrong people for a beta test.

Ive had problems with money in the past as well, but I dont make a post to gloat/speak about quitting....

secondly about fatals, I still dont buy it as a problem with the game itself, Ive played on PCs that crashed every time Ive zoned, and I currently play on a PC that hasnt crashed but once or twice in months.....

about playing since beta 4, that doesnt entitle anyone to a beta test, all it means is that youve had more time to bitch about petty shit....

"of this nature of loads of broken deadlines?"

this is exactly the mentality I am talking about, thanks for walking right into that one, everyone here thinks that because someone says they are going to have something out doesnt mean they OWE you it on that day, so what there is setbacks, so what it got delayed multiple times, when is the last time the majority of people here coded a fully playable MMORPG? I bet its the same time they actually knew what they were bitching about in the first place....heres a clue....never

the whole veteran thing is a joke, if you played more than a week you can be a veteran, about playing every angle to the game is another clue that you would just want to try something new instead of actually prying for problems...this board is full of people who have been waiting, waiting, waiting, these are the people who should not be playing.....

me full of BS? naw, you just mad cause someone actually defused a post that was a mere spam thread full of wishfull thinking...

oh gee I wish I could be a beta tester, please please pick me!!!! I would do so good, I would spend hours testing and testing....

and then..........

like the test server, it would fill up with bored kiddies who run around pking saying "oh I was just testing my guns new dmg for lupus"

its all just a facade and its pointless to argue about really, but go ahead anyways

Possessed
15-04-04, 20:42
I'd like to beta test DoY... but I doubt it because of some... bad things :angel:

I also can't be arsed to kiss KK's arse like so many people seem to be doing.

Oath
15-04-04, 20:43
I'd like to beta test DoY... but I doubt it because of some... bad things :angel:

I also can't be arsed to kiss KK's arse like so many people seem to be doing.

:lol:

It'd be interesting to know how many bugreports and exploits are coming into helpdesk now :lol:

:wtf: kos.

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:46
Well I'm not saying your wrong Extract, but it is intellectually enlightening and fun to talk about this, so that is why I posted this. And I have been having a good time talking to you all about it and other things.

And reading your posts.

So there you go.:)

By the way, ALL you guys realy make me laugh. :)

KimmyG
15-04-04, 20:47
I think need to get some real testers whos job it is to test and not a pack of ass kissers who think there good.

Possessed
15-04-04, 20:48
:lol:

It'd be interesting to know how many bugreports and exploits are coming into helpdesk now :lol:

:wtf: kos.

:lol: :lol:
QUICK LET'S ALL SEND OUR CALLSTACK LOGS INTO HELPDESK SO THEY THINK WE GIVE A SHIT

/me looks at SD....

P4mp3rk3
Dunno, maybe cause I've been playing for a while and never had any 'incidents'...
But I won't be picked, I just read the forum and never post much...

Oath
I think need to get some real testers whos job it is to test and not a pack of ass kissers who think there good.

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 20:49
I dont want to beta test doy. I tested items out on the test server, and saw people on there just pissin about, then there are people who used it just to test their setups, so really the people who do get in, would be the active testers from the test servers, who dont use it to test setups, and have put in 100 bug reports. Lupus probably has a huge list of people who've helped him test bugs/items n stuff on the TS, heck, even I've done that with him.

Still dont want to beta test DOY though, mainly cause I wont be around to pay for/play for DOY.

Oath
15-04-04, 20:49
I dont want to beta test doy. I tested items out on the test server, and saw people on there just pissin about, then there are people who used it just to test their setups, so really the people who do get in, would be the active testers from the test servers, who dont use it to test setups, and have put in 100 bug reports. Lupus probably has a huge list of people who've helped him test bugs/items n stuff on the TS, heck, even I've done that with him.

Still dont want to beta test DOY though, mainly cause I wont be around to pay for/play for DOY.

[ edited ]

Possessed
15-04-04, 20:51
[ edited for consistancy
He's about to embark on a quest to find an azn girlfriend. God speed lexxuk. God speed.

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 20:51
:lol: :lol:
QUICK LET'S ALL SEND OUR CALLSTACK LOGS INTO HELPDESK SO THEY THINK WE GIVE A SHIT

/me looks at SD....

Stop trolling.

If you had read carefully what i said. I was just suggesting a proggie be made to auto-send error logs to KK. That was a suggestion me and Carinth had a long time ago. And I brought it up only because someone brought up the FRE issue. It was totally unrelated to the beta test thing.

And you really need to stop your obsession with me.

Oath
15-04-04, 20:52
He's about to embark on a quest to find an azn girlfriend. God speed lexxuk. God speed.

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 20:53
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:56
[ edited ]

OK DONE I READ UR REPLY!! :O :O

okk - yeah i would play for hours and hours, prolly more like days and days. and yes, KK please pick me - would be great!

and yeah im a veteran - anyone who says anything else - welcome to my umm.. well... list. yeah.

and yeah alot of MMOGs have fubard their deadlines - or even crashed their whole project.. and ive went through alot of 'em - that doesnt mean i cant whine about themm......

[ edited ]

Oath
15-04-04, 20:56
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

XSuneX
15-04-04, 20:57
Shadow dancer talking about Possessed.

And you really need to stop your obsession with me.His name IS Possessed after all. :D

It is not flaming, it is just fun teasing, what friends do.

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 20:58
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

RuButt
15-04-04, 21:01
[ edited ]

Possessed
15-04-04, 21:02
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 21:02
[ edited ]

extract
15-04-04, 21:09
KK, i dont like u, i dont care about you, and well - i just didnt bother reading longer then a couple o' lines.

I just want to free beta test so I can blame me not paying for retail due to money problems!!!

I beleive it!!

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 21:13
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Freya
15-04-04, 21:17
closed for cleaning

Freya
15-04-04, 22:15
against my better judgement i am reopening the thread, one more piece of spam or flame it will be closed again

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 22:19
Yes Miss Freya <3.

What was the original topic btw? hehehe

Oh ya, beta testing, should be done in house by paid KK employee's, not the community.

naimex
15-04-04, 22:19
I would love to Beta Test DoY.

Mainly cuz I want to make sure nothing at all is wrong with player customized apartments.. since thats what I´m looking the most forward to..

A cool place, all cabinets filled with booze and drugs, and "Mail sent to all friends : PARTEEEEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But depends on when it begins..

I got exams coming up in a few weeks..

And I´m starting at a new school after the summer holiday (sometime in the autumn, not sure when yet).

But if it´s during the summer holidays.. I´ll have close to 24/7 time to bugtest, and have fun..

XSuneX
15-04-04, 22:25
Is closed Beta testing done at certain times usualy?

I would think so to get alot on at one time with out haveing a super huge beta test force.

And so it can have the most employees on at the same time as Beta testers?

Mr_Snow
15-04-04, 22:27
Nobody on this board should since they can piss about and mess rather then testing, not saying everyone would.

Paid testers are the way to go as they cant afford to piss about when they should be sorting out bugs and glitchs.

RuButt
15-04-04, 22:31
KK, i dont like u, i dont care about you, and well - i just didnt bother reading longer then a couple o' lines.

I just want to free beta test so I can blame me not paying for retail due to
money problems!!!I beleive it!!

did i really say that - or did u edit my post?

XSuneX
15-04-04, 22:34
did i really say that - or did u edit my post?Why would you be reading lines of KK? that does not make sence.
Besdies, I distinctly remember another persons name there and not KK

But anyways:)

Now I know I should not be a beta tester because after I looked at this thread, http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96879 and had not much of an idea what they were talking about. I figured I did know know enough to beta test.

Am I wrong? o_O

Edit-Oh yes, I see, Shadow Dancer.

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 22:41
Now I know I should not be a beta tester because after I looked at this thread, http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96879 and had not much of an idea what they were talking about. I figured I did know know enough to beta test.

Am I wrong? o_O

That depends. What specifically didn't you understand?

And we were talking strictly about pvp anyways. Just because you're not a pvp buff doesn't mean you won't be a good beta tester. You don't have to specificaly test anything pvp related. I'm sure their is still alot of other stuff you could test. Like the new mobs, or if the new epics work, etc.........

RuButt
16-04-04, 00:23
i should sleep more...

jiga
16-04-04, 00:34
I don't want to be a beta tester coz i wouldn't be able to bare to look at DoY unless it was bug free

extract
16-04-04, 14:34
did i really say that - or did u edit my post?

I edited your post, because like I said its really a pointless topic to argue about, I still stand by my original statement that noone on this board should beta test anything neocron related, noone but like maybe 3 people can even test shit on the test server correctly let alone carrying the weight to actually play responsibly, and actually test something on an expansion of a game youve been waiting for for over 2 years......

Morpheous
16-04-04, 14:56
I hope it's not chosen by looking for active forum members, because I know a lot of people who play neocron all the time, but don't post on these forums, purely because they have better things to do, or are busy. Oh, and a lot of people on this forum don't have accounts.

I'd personally say i'd know enough to Beta test- got a few NC mods under my belt, experience in many languages and I play a lot. (When i'm not sleeping or eating.)

ezza
16-04-04, 15:31
meh not bothered about beta testing it, i have fun in playing normal neo, plus ill just carry on reporting all the bugs i find in the present version of the game :lol:

Dribble Joy
16-04-04, 15:46
I doubt any of us will get on the beta, you will need a record cleaner than for a GM spot, and a history of being a tester, of sound mind, eye for detail and god knows what else.

If the damn TS loms weren't broken I would spend half my time there (when there are things to test, otherwise it's kinda boring).

I would not like to be a beta tester, mostly because I would get all the blame for any and all bugs that get through, whether or not I could have done anything about them.

I would like to be a beta tester, cos I generally care about balance (mostly PvP), and the overall quality of the game.

Vampire222
16-04-04, 15:56
i remember a part of a dream i had tonight, looking at some wierd ass doy login screen, future maybee?

ezza
16-04-04, 16:05
oh and going by the current state of the game i wouldnt want any of the old beta testers to test out DOY bearing in mind the shit hot job they did in getting the bugs sorted :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
16-04-04, 16:11
oh and going by the current state of the game i wouldnt want any of the old beta testers to test out DOY bearing in mind the shit hot job they did in getting the bugs sorted :rolleyes:

Thats wrong, during Beta, bug reports were reported, and everytime you crashed, a callstack.log was sent away to KK.

Beta testing DOY will not be about balance of items, or classes, it will be to check for bugs, bugs, and more bugs, stability of the new database, possible exploits.

If you find a bug, you would have to try 10 different ways to get the bug back, just to make sure it fails. PVP would probably be even more limited than the test server. You would probably also find, you "couldnt" play DOY, you would be told "test this" and you would all have to go and test certain stuff, not, run off to P3 to look at the strippers and such.

Beta testing for DOY should be a very very strict format of "give x% of runners task a, x% of b". Unlike Open Beta, which is a stress test of servers.

Vampire222
16-04-04, 16:13
hardest thing is making sure ur not reporting something someone else already reported again, and finding non obvoius bugs

Lexxuk
16-04-04, 16:15
Thats where version control comes in. There is already a bug testing site for the test server, so you know if a bug is already there. GM's already have one, which is hidden, for when they find bugs, Beta would have one too.

It should also have a wonderful clause in the NDA "if you reveal any part of DOY, image, content etc. your beta and retail account will be permenantly deleted"

Vampire222
16-04-04, 16:30
Thats where version control comes in. There is already a bug testing site for the test server, so you know if a bug is already there. GM's already have one, which is hidden, for when they find bugs, Beta would have one too.

It should also have a wonderful clause in the NDA "if you reveal any part of DOY, image, content etc. your beta and retail account will be permenantly deleted"

yea, thats probably gonna happen, the well delete any trace of your existance thing should be in the nda, would make pretty sure noone has the guts to release info

Mattimeo
16-04-04, 16:30

I wans in beta (Late 2 early 3) and I reported my crashes EVERY TIME, I also reported stuff that went weird while playing even if I didn't crash. I did my beta job, KK just chose not to fix any of it before going "live".

Seven
16-04-04, 17:05
Why? Because I get picked.
Why not? Because they don't pick me. :D