PDA

View Full Version : Merge all english servers

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 16:33
Uranus and Pluto are being deserted slowly but surely, people are either leaving the game completely or moving to Saturn cause its the only server with a decent population.

With 5 months to go till BDOY and the disquiet on the servers I think its the only option left.

Why:

Decreased cost, 1 server instead of 3, put more money into increasing the power of the server might improve game stability.

The 2 free servers could be used for other things, the beta test and maybe the setup of the long hoped for Neptune Hardcore server.

A server population that might attract back those people that left because of the ever decreasing population.

Happier player base because:

More people online and everything that comes with it, more OP fights, more trade skillers, bigger clans, bigger battles, gank fests, populated PP/ind/via rossa/tg/th/mb zones not just plaza 1/2.

All the faction councillers and GMs on a single server means a better service, more events and quicker problem sloving, we want content we'l have enough people to provide it and if they're not around they cant say they were on another server.

How:

Firstly every clan on all servers move the clan app stuff into a level 3 app owned by a tursted member then split the clan cash up or put it in stock x or peoples back accounts.

All runners for an account moved to one server, saturn whatever, so for a short period we have a 9 char server. Each name that matches another in the database has the first letter of its orgin server added to it so theres no overlap.

Everyone has 1 oppertunity to change each runners name.

All the dead weight accounts that arent being paid for are deleted.

The clan database is deleted, including the clans on the server everyones moded to, everyone starts fresh, the OP map is empty.

Once its confirmed the move has gone smoothly people can start new clans or reform old clans.

After 2 weeks you have an option to pick your final 4 runners, all others are deleted, this gives you more than enought time to ensure all u lose is the runner, all his stuff can have been transfered to your final 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What we're left with is a massively populated server full of clans and runners who've been smack talking on the forum for near two years who'll clash in the greatest OP war free for all ever wittnessed in NC, clans will succeed and fail daly, it'll be mayhem.

Now beofre you say 'no i have 9 capped runners on all servers, wa wa wa' what other options do we have, Uranus and pluto are dieing and Saturn peaks at 350 on weeknights when 2 months ago it was 450. Population isnt everything but its gotta be in the top 3, events and GM/FC support will add to the gameplay.

Sure its not the perfect solution but I think people have to look at the hard facts and agree we need this.

cRazy2003
15-04-04, 16:34
but me miss my pluto :(
and yes me is coming back to pluto
to start shouting random obsenities and sexual phrases in trade chat once again

jiga
15-04-04, 16:35
a lot of ppl prefer a smaller ammount of players on their server. i like the idea of a more powerful server tho

Jest
15-04-04, 16:37
Tbh I wish there was another one char server to merge with. Dont expect any mergers to happen. Dont forget in 5 months there might actually be some players. Who gives a crap about the current ones? :rolleyes:

Marx
15-04-04, 16:40
I wouldn't mind a merge if they were able to merge the people on my different accounts into one.

I was told it was impossible to do.

I would not like the idea of paying for multiple 9 slot accounts.

So... I would only vote yes if one could reverse the 'impossible' status of merging accounts.

;)

Though I personally am against merges, the fact that uranus and pluto had similar numbers of people playing yesterday througout the day shows that there is a population issue.

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 16:55
Good question marx. I wonder if KK can do that.

How about merging a 4 slotter with Pluto, and making it a 2 slot server? Maybe the people who "Lose" chars can gain special gifts in return. Like 1 capped char could be turned into a terminator gift.

OR perhaps a special implant that triples xp gain, to make leveling up a noob easier?

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 16:56
but me miss my pluto :(
and yes me is coming back to pluto
to start shouting random obsenities and sexual phrases in trade chat once again

You might be coming back but theres not many people on to welcome you, 97 people on at 10pm gmt yesterday when the server used to push 300 this time last year and 200 5 months ago.

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 17:04
I dont understand peoples concern with the runners they're going to lose from the merge when right now those runners are sitting unused on near empty servers, so what if you lose a few weeks of leveling I have 7 high level runners and two low levels and I'll accept loosing 5 of them if it allows the other four to play on an active server with a thriving population.

For the 1 runner server elitists, I was once one of you, mocking the four char silliness of Saturn but more and more people playing on pluto have mulitple accounts so its not really a one runner server, worse than that only thiose that can afford mulitple accounts get the benifit of it.

Secondly for the people that own muliple accounts, you could probably close the excess. Say you have a capped monk and a capped PE, well start a noob PE on the monk account and speed cap him, transfer his esentials across and sell the account on ebay, voila you've not only saved money but you've made money.

DigestiveBiscui
15-04-04, 17:04
to be honest

i agree merge them :eek:

kurai
15-04-04, 17:05
a lot of ppl prefer a smaller ammount of players on their server.There's a fairly obvious oxymoron in that statement.

I'll leave it for you to think about :D

Ozambabbaz
15-04-04, 17:09
kurai, ur expanding my english vacbulary, me head might burst soon...funny oxy-thingymabob tho :lol:

Marx
15-04-04, 17:11
Secondly for the people that own muliple accounts, you could probably close the excess. Say you have a capped monk and a capped PE, well start a noob PE on the monk account and speed cap him, transfer his esentials across and sell the account on ebay, voila you've not only saved money but you've made money.The only problem with that statement is... Not everyone has the means to 'speed cap' their people, and since there will be more players playing in the same area, it would be even harder to do so.

Also, barebones accounts don't sell for much, only the ones which are decked out with weapons MC5's and the like actually make decent money.

Stigmata
15-04-04, 17:12
if it was possible which i doubt it is, then yes.

saturn for me atm is fine, there are plenty of people on at peak times, but i have also noticed the population decreasing, previously when uranus or pluto would decrease saturn/jupitor would go up, but now they all just decrease with no server getting more people.

sucks tbh, roll on september 1st, then we can see if we get new players or not

Argent
15-04-04, 17:13
OMG! :eek:

Imagine the weekend lag if the servers would were merged! No thanks :p

kurai
15-04-04, 17:14
Sadly it's getting to the stage where this is starting to sound like a reasonable idea to me.

I've been adamantly Pluto, 1 character, all the way till now - the low population is within a hairsbreadth of passing the point of no return.

I really don't like the general 4 character slot play style, and bringing up a n00b character to PvP standard from scratch on a new server is my idea of hell, but ... what other options are there with the current situation ? :(

Being a Pluto diehard is all very well, but I'll feel damn lonely with nothing but the howl of the wind in the wastelands to keep me company while I fruitlessly scour every sector for the last 3 players left.

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 17:14
The only problem with that statement is... Not everyone has the means to 'speed cap' their people, and since there will be more players playing in the same area, it would be even harder to do so.

Also, barebones accounts don't sell for much, only the ones which are decked out with weapons MC5's and the like actually make decent money.

How about a "character deed" given to you as an option?

Like if you close an account you can delete the char and get a "deed" that is an exact replica of the char. Then use it on another account.

I wonder if that's possible.

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 17:21
OMG! :eek:

Imagine the weekend lag if the servers would were merged! No thanks :p

Image 1 server on the pipe of 3.

Or more importantly notice that on sundays after retail was released we had bad weekend lag when there was 400 people on Saturn at 4pm GMT and now when theres 160/200 we still have bad weekend lag. Maybe the fact that every MMORPG get bad lag on the weekend due to a global increase in usage across non-commercial ISPs... release weekend lag isnt a KK issue its a new issue.

Of course when your server only has 50 people playing on the weekends you might not have to worry about that :/

Sadly it's getting to the stage where this is starting to sound like a reasonable idea to me.

I've been adamantly Pluto, 1 character, all the way till now - the low population is within a hairsbreadth of passing the point of no return.

I really don't like the general 4 character slot play style, and bringing up a n00b character to PvP standard from scratch on a new server is my idea of hell, but ... what other options are there with the current situation ? :(

Being a Pluto diehard is all very well, but I'll feel damn lonely with nothing but the howl of the wind in the wastelands to keep me company while I fruitlessly scour every sector for the last 3 players left.

Kurai I played pluto in beta 4 and until september of last year I was totally with you, but the Hybrid lunacy was in full swing and I had a pain in my ring being stunned and killed in two seconds by invinco-monks so I moved to saturn for a while and made a monk and a tank and had fun leveling them and found that saturn aint that much diffrent to pluto and the four runnerness might bork some things but the increased number of people cancels out tradeskiller issues or balance of power problems.

Patso
15-04-04, 17:35
I've been a Pluto 1 character player since I joined last year, but with the recent low server population on pluto and the semi-split of our clan, I have found it more and more difficult to stay as 1 character.

So I have created a couple on Saturn and while I don't like the fact that you can have 4 players per account on Saturn, must admit that at the moment there is more atmosphere than Pluto. Even though you never know who is who......

But I guess a lot of people on Pluto had more than one account, but it didn't seem as obvious when you hear people saying 'I'll just get my capped APU and kill you, etc. etc.'

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 17:54
Ive always defended this.
Why have semi empty servers when all can be one, with us all together.
Not to mention the fact that one server cost a lot less to maintain the 3 and OUR money would be aplicable in other areas as the develop of BDOY or killing once and for all the bugs that will be known from now on..........

DINOSSAURS.

And maybe by reducing the costs, the " we are a short team with mow resources" excuse might end.
And Also buy or rent a fucking good server to prevent lag

So yes MErge all servers and put them with 4 slots

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 17:54
I don't think its the "pipe" of the servers, but rather, the processing capacity for the servers... more ppl together means the server gonna track them all AND THEN tell each player where each other is.

Hence, insane lag.

also, guys.. those servers were already paid for - closing them down aint gonna save money. Bandwidth still gonna be burned, if not more.

alig
15-04-04, 17:57
I think they should do this, but since when did kk listen to what we want. :rolleyes:

MrChumble
15-04-04, 18:01
I love pluto a lot, but theres no getting around the fact the player population is going down fast. Jupi seems healthy though...merge the two servers and make it English speaking? :D

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:02
I think they should do this, but since when did kk listen to what we want. :rolleyes:

Yes this is a a good solution to everyone even to them.

But they dont give a dildo about it, in fact they could just come here and say, " this is notpossible " or "it is possible but we dont want to.

Even with loads of people coming with BDOY (hopes :rolleyes: ) one big server is better then 3 or 4.

Just look to other games, 10 times Neocron population 10 times less servers

DO IT

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 18:05
Merging jupiter with pluto sounds good. But it might become just a german server because they outnumber the little population pluto has left

How about Uranus and Pluto instead?

icarium
15-04-04, 18:06
the problem would be you'd have to give everyone about 10 slots, which i dont think is possible tbh

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 18:07
the problem would be you'd have to give everyone about 10 slots, which i dont think is possible tbh

10 slots? O_o

Why?

Jest
15-04-04, 18:09
I love pluto a lot, but theres no getting around the fact the player population is going down fast. Jupi seems healthy though...merge the two servers and make it English speaking? :D Yah Pluto is friggin dead. Seriously though I dont think any mergers will happen so its almost not worth talking about. Dont even know if its feasible. KK has too many things on their plate right now to merge two servers.

Its be much better if they provided some updates/content/anything to get the players back to not only Pluto but the entire game itself.

icarium
15-04-04, 18:12
10 slots? O_o

Why?

10 was an overtstatement :P but at least 5, i have 4 characters on saturn and 1 on pluto on one of my accounts, and i wouldnt want to lose any of them. basically people would whinge about having to sacrifice a character was my point :)

Benjie
15-04-04, 18:12
I agree, merge them.

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 18:13
10 was an overtstatement :P but at least 5, i have 4 characters on saturn and 1 on pluto on one of my accounts, and i wouldnt want to lose any of them. basically people would whinge about having to sacrifice a character was my point :)

I see, you're right. Do you think their could be suitable compensation for loss chars?

How about jupiter/pluto and uranus/saturn?

But then their are people with chars on like every server. lol

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 18:16
I moved to saturn for a while and made a monk and a tank and had fun leveling them and found that saturn aint that much diffrent to pluto and the four runnerness might bork some things but the increased number of people cancels out tradeskiller issues or balance of power problems.

:wtf:
*points to black world map*

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:17
People have to make sacrifices to.
Come on do we expect everything handed over to us without give up on something.
If that was the only problem with merging servers, i do think people would prefer losing one char then playing in a server with 10 people, ending with quiting or changing server wich would be much worse

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:18
*points to black world map*

Points out the yellow map

any other clever coments ?

redjacket
15-04-04, 18:23
It is completely possible to merge the servers without a real issue... i mean... I could take a blue ink cartridge out of one Bic pen and put it into the casing for a BLACK Bic pen... so why not? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! Bic pens are about the most COMPLEX things in this UNKNOWN universe, don't you all agree? I mean... how do they make a ball so small, yo?

Fo-Sherioulizzly, we could merge all of the servers (except the filthy unwashed french server) into one massive "megeh-serbher" and party hardy until the break of noon. Then there'd be massive clan wars, and bake sales, and contests to make paper mache volcanos as well as drag racing on mini-bikes while towing a grandma on a wheel chair... FANTABULOUS!

Then everyone can get in a circle, beat a drum, and talk about why Neocron Sucks/Rules and why KK Sucks/Sucks and why the hell is REDjackeT still HERE?! I though he was dead, man... DEAD!
----
If it could be done, which it probably COULD be, it might not be a bad idea, except for the nagging fact that it is, infact, a silly solution to a problem that should not exist. Much like the entire state of Texas and Vermont...

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 18:27
Yes big clans owning large chunks of maps is a problem but its on single char as well as mulit-char servers, lest you forget NDA, TR and until recently FF, seriouslty though with clans like silent and FF coming from pluto BDs Eastern stonghold would get a nasty bite in the ass and thats just two clans from the dozens that would be moving into the OP scene. Add that to a totally fresh start for OP wars I think the map would be a fucking rainbow for the first few weeks till allainces and enemies get worked out, anyone who doesnt look forward to that with a mad glint in their eyes should question why thay play this game.

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:29
yea but this problem exists, and this is nothing but a easy solution to try and KEEP those who are still here but are already thinking of LEAVING because every day its a dispoited day and a more and more boring day.

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 18:30
Points out the yellow map

any other clever coments ?

Are you talking about Pluto? Where the clan leaders got together and the large clan decided to give up half the maps OP's so that it would be semi-balanced again? Where there are several different colours gracing the map?

Nope, no other comments.

redjacket
15-04-04, 18:34
yea but this problem exists, and this is nothing but a easy solution to try and KEEP those who are still here but are already thinking of LEAVING because every day its a dispoited day and a more and more boring day.
I seriously doubt there is anything EASY about merging the servers from KK's view point... You'd be asking them to halt work on the already delayed DoY, pull their thumbs from their asses, recode something that is already probably HORRABLE DISFIGURED FROM AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING ACID AND/OR SD'S FACE and try something that will probably fail more then 10 times in one hour...

As far as boredom, I don't think the server pops have everything to do with that...

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:34
Are you talking about Pluto? Where the clan leaders got together and the large clan decided to give up half the maps OP's so that it would be semi-balanced again? Where there are several different colours gracing the map?

Nope, no other comments.

You mean semi balance by giving things to you.

Ohh joy :rolleyes:

Not only they own all your asses but they also slaped you in the other face.
So now they dont take the op's but in fact they could do it because you still cant do nothing to overcame their power, simple as that

You must be happy
"here have this piece of land so you boys can play a bit"
"but dont go to far or we will crush you like a bug"

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:38
I seriously doubt there is anything EASY about merging the servers from KK's view point... You'd be asking them to halt work on the already delayed DoY, pull their thumbs from their asses, recode something that is already probably HORRABLE DISFIGURED FROM AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING ACID AND/OR SD'S FACE and try something that will probably fail more then 10 times in one hour...

As far as boredom, I don't think the server pops have everything to do with that...

Of course, that is not the main reason for the servers to be like that.
But since they fail to keep their clients happy, it should be of their interest, to keep those who are still here, unless they want 99 people to sign up for BDOY.
AND anywhere, in a Massive mulitplayer game, if u have or you need to walk 10 zones to find a friend/enemy/neutral AKA another player to interact by any ways you want to, will result in boredom

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 18:38
I think the population might actually be too large if all servers were merged, on Saturn the population is just right IMO. You won't go for hours without seeing people, but the place isn't mobbed either.

Imagine trying to find a leveling spot with 500 odd people online, everywhere would be packed. KK would have to enlarge the map for this to work, or turn some of that empty wasteland into interesting and useful areas.

Perhaps just merge Pluto with Uranus, and make it as many slots as Uranus is currently (2 or 4? i forget) Sure a lot of us Plutonians will get the hump about having to dwell on a 4 slot server, but considering the advanteges of it I don't think many will hold a grudge for long.
Levelling a newbie on Pluto is the lonliest experience in the world.

Tickles
15-04-04, 18:40
I think the population might actually be too large if all servers were merged, on Saturn the population is just right IMO. You won't go for hours without seeing people, but the place isn't mobbed either.

Imagine trying to find a leveling spot with 500 odd people online, everywhere would be packed. KK would have to enlarge the map for this to work, or turn some of that empty wasteland into interesting and useful areas.

Perhaps just merge Pluto with Uranus, and make it as many slots as Uranus is currently (2 or 4? i forget) Sure a lot of us Plutonians will get the hump about having to dwell on a 4 slot server, but considering the advanteges of it I don't think many will hold a grudge for long.

i'd like uranus and pluto merged. with saturn yeh it'd be tooo big.

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 18:40
You mean semi balance by giving things to you.

Ohh joy :rolleyes:

Not only they own all your asses but they also slaped you in the other face.
So now they dont take the op's but in fact they could do it because you still cant do nothing to overcame their power, simple as that

You must be happy
"here have this piece of land so you boys can play a bit"
"but dont go to far or we will crush you like a bug"

Meh, worked for the Americans :D

Still, surely that's still better than the entire map being owned by one faction?
Anyway, this isn't really relevant to the thread, so nevermind.

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 18:41

then pls make up your mind.
Is it stressfull lvling alone or you dont like lvling places with people to lvl with.
Besides thats a poor excuse, since there are tons of places where u can lvl in peace even on saturn with the population on his peak

EDIT - How in the good GOD's Grace can you find amusing to the fact that you couldnt do nothing in game about their opressive ruling ?
You must like to be slaped

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 18:44
then pls make up your mind.
Is it stressfull lvling alone or you dont like lvling places with people to lvl with.
Besides thats a poor excuse, since there are tons of places where u can lvl in peace even on saturn with the population on his peak

I like it with people to level with, but not so that it's packed. Fairly obvious no?

The saturn peek isnt anything like what the peek would be if all the servers merged, and then when DOY comes along too...
Yes, there are lots of places to level, but a lot of them are not easy to get to for a low level character.
And since everyone just goes to aggies, the other places that do exist, are empty. Though I guess they might not be if there was a larger pop.

EDIT - How in the good GOD's Grace can you find amusing to the fact that you couldnt do nothing in game about their opressive ruling ?
You must like to be slaped

I don't even understand that question sorry o_O

redjacket
15-04-04, 18:46
Of course, that is not the main reason for the servers to be like that.
But since they fail to keep their clients happy, it should be of their interest, to keep those who are still here, unless they want 99 people to sign up for BDOY.
AND anywhere, in a Massive mulitplayer game, if u have or you need to walk 10 zones to find a friend/enemy/neutral AKA another player to interact by any ways you want to, will result in boredom
Understood you strange person type thing... understood...

I'm just saying, even if they said: "YEAH! LETS DO IT!" the following are most likely to occur
1. DoY release date set for March 20th, 2006
2. My head implodes in a completely unrelated matter involving a bra and several small ducks
3. It takes them a month to merge the database without a real issue
4. wait, take that "real issue" part back after several clans have gone "poof" (not ******... just... gone...) and hundreds of players are missing stuff/turned green/are involved a global conspericy that involves bras and ducks...
5. Wait 4 months to get stuff back semi-stable
6. Rejoice as the server pops are back to where they were before OR server is massively overloaded due in part to strange duck-based warfare...

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 19:04
If i can understand understand your english and im not one, you beeing an english speaking person can for sure undertsand my poor one.

In fact what you just said its true, a sad one, but true.

Probably they would fuck everything that they would touch.

But its fucking sad it is

retr0n
15-04-04, 19:22
How about they just put 2 of the 3 english servers to "hibernate" mode, just
shut them down untill BDoY arrives and then reopen them.

And also, they dont have to delete any chars, they can just make new accounts
for people with more then 4 chars. On that new account you would not be
able to create more chars then you have, or create chars on other servers.

So if you have 5 chars in total, you would get 2 accounts, 1 old account
with your (for example) saturn chars, and a "new" account with your pluto
char on the new server. The other 3 slots on your "new" account would be
locked, but your unlocked slot can be rerolled... etc etc... you get the point.

After BDoY arrives and they decide to reopen the server(s), you get to move
your old chars back to the server it came from.

Does anybody get this or am i just mumbling? :)

RayBob
15-04-04, 19:23
The server counts are down for a pretty obvious reason...people have moved on, the game has run its course. Neocron simply does not have enough content in its current form. It was a fun 18 months and perhaps after Sept. 1st it will all be fresh again.

Argent
15-04-04, 19:28
Image 1 server on the pipe of 3.

Or more importantly notice that on sundays after retail was released we had bad weekend lag when there was 400 people on Saturn at 4pm GMT and now when theres 160/200 we still have bad weekend lag. Maybe the fact that every MMORPG get bad lag on the weekend due to a global increase in usage across non-commercial ISPs... release weekend lag isnt a KK issue its a new issue.

And fyi the problem isn't caused by inadecuate bandwidth, it's database/raw computing power problem. If it was as simple as bandwidth problem KK could have bought wider pipe already and we'd never see that problem again.

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 19:34
I've said my piece - I strongly disagree with merging any of the servers, and the low server counts is only temporary - yes ppl are moving on, server merges won't allievate that -and if, a big if, against all rational logic and more ppl come in because of two servers with a 300 count each (which is what it amounts to, count those servercounts), then you'll just have to split the servers again because the lag will just crash everyone all over the place.

And please... get this through your heads you bloodthirsty droolers - the OP situation with an overlarge server would get hideous - instead of the 90+ superclans we have now, we'd get 120+ megaclans - that's inevitable. It'd be essentailly guaranteed to see monochromatic worldmaps, and it'd be GURANTEED every last single OP GR is gonna be locked down tight. And also, aren't there also the SAME clans on each server, meaning the situation wouldn't get any better?

edit - argent, THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I TRIED TO SAY EARLIER!

BombShell
15-04-04, 19:38
me personnally would love it. but i wouldnt want to share lvl spots with 20 peeps. if we do so we need to hav more chaos caves. y is their like 10000000000 swamp caves and 3 chaos caves and 1 is in hostile area.

and also i think it should happen when DoY comes because their will be 2 citys that need to be populated.

Devils Grace
15-04-04, 19:39
I've said my piece - I strongly disagree with merging any of the servers, and the low server counts is only temporary - yes ppl are moving on, server merges won't allievate that -and if, a big if, against all rational logic and more ppl come in because of two servers with a 300 count each (which is what it amounts to, count those servercounts), then you'll just have to split the servers again because the lag will just crash everyone all over the place.

And please... get this through your heads you bloodthirsty droolers - the OP situation with an overlarge server would get hideous - instead of the 90+ superclans we have now, we'd get 120+ megaclans - that's inevitable. It'd be essentailly guaranteed to see monochromatic worldmaps, and it'd be GURANTEED every last single OP GR is gonna be locked down tight. And also, aren't there also the SAME clans on each server, meaning the situation wouldn't get any better?

edit - argent, THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I TRIED TO SAY EARLIER!

Heavy if thats so then its exactly what is goin to hapen with DoY.

Sleawer
15-04-04, 19:45
This would mean more active players at all times, more player interaction and a crowded atmosphere in the game world. All three things are good for me.

Also with only one server to moderate, the volunteer staff such as GMs and FCs might have the often requested time by the community to prepare more events, give better ingame assistance, etc...

About the lag and bug issues created by a larger playerbase, eventually KK will have to face them and start to dedicate a serious time to fix these problems. To be honest, the sooner they do it, the better for us. Otherwise BDoY might result in a complete catastrophe.

Opar
15-04-04, 19:58
ok, its 18:56, and combined, all the english servers combined near 500 runners (487), 236 on Saturn, 163 on Uranus, 87 on Pluto

Its a Thursday. Imagine Friday/Saturday peak time.... we'd be talking, what? 600 people? 650?

ONOZ PHEER LAG LOLOLOLOL....

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 20:00
not to mention database issues... imagine all the synch-into apts, all the swapped gogos, all the swapped inventories...

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 20:11
not to mention database issues... imagine all the synch-into apts, all the swapped gogos, all the swapped inventories...

Like Slewer said, sooner or later KK would have to face that. When DOY comes and new players come in, or before so it's ready when new players come in? What sounds better?

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 20:42
Can you imagine the spam on trade with 600 people? 8|

Oath
15-04-04, 20:47
No.

Too much hassle, but if it does happen then there had better be a wipe :)

Be nice to have a fresh start :)

hivemind
15-04-04, 21:06
As a person with capped or high-level characters on all five servers, I'm in favor of this.

I'll happily choose 4 to keep, if that's what it has to come to.

BombShell
15-04-04, 21:24
Can you imagine the spam on trade with 600 people? 8|

theirs mroe thne 1 trade channel :)

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 21:34
theirs mroe thne 1 trade channel :)

Point ;)

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 21:35
No.

Too much hassle, but if it does happen then there had better be a wipe :)

Be nice to have a fresh start :)

I think a wipe would be awesome too, but I'm not someone with multiple capped characters. Although I'd like to see it happen, I can see that a lot of people would just leave if it did.

RayBob
15-04-04, 22:24
They don't need to merge the servers, they need to do this: http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96677 and just watch the people flock back to Neocron.

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 22:50
So the reasons I here for why this are:

High ping & lag.

Sychs & Crashes.

To many people on the servers.

I want 1 char leetness on each of my 3 accounts :/

So what do we do, wait till BDOY and a flock of new people that will cause those same problems and then leave because of them?

How will that save our game?

Why not stress a server to death, have KK find the problems and fix them so when BDOY comes along people wont flee in droves after their trial runs out and tell all their friends how bugged and shit NC is?

Heavy you play on a server with right now 117 people on it, 9.44 PM, prime time GMT and your going on about over stressing the servers!

I honestly think you people are warped and the attitudes here about as defeatest as you can get.

Everywhere I look on all the clan forums (and I do check alot of the clan forums from time to time [even the odd voice server ;)]) people are saying their bored, theres nothing to do, the pops are too low so theirs fuck all action.

Well heres one way of curing that, and if we're going to do it why not go all the way. Look at the french and german servers where its all peace and fucking love, they're not bothered about a 5 month delay on their servers cause those servers are thriving while ours stagnate and die.

If you dont want to merge what do you want to do pay €70 to sit on a server thats whole population could stand in plaza 1 and I'd still get +10 FPS.

Kenjuten
16-04-04, 01:55
Alright...I stopped reading about halfway into this.

Here is my personal suggestion...

Keep everything as is.

I mean it, hold on. :D

Each server has a unique database. Pluto has one, Saturn has one...

They each have their own personal database for holding characters.

But what if all the servers got shut down?

What if one server gets re-activated, and every other server becomes passive to hold massive amounts of data?

Example: All servers get shut down. Saturn re-activates. Its bandwidth is server management as well as database management.

The other servers then don't actually hold worldservers but only manages databases. Saturn throws data to write into its own database and the other databases, the databases are poked when characters are accessed and written to, database can report back to server to keep a character constant in the world.

I've used to be well-known about the workings of another MMORPG and company. Not only was one server a unique database, numerous maps were held on separate machines. Not only to spread out lag, but to keep memory high. Now of course, this meant that when one map machine went down, one or multiple regions went down. But the game still held up.

I recognize that my suggestion will bring about dependancy upon the machines to a semi-dangerous level, but since they cannot simply merge the databases, they can connect them individually into a collective effort.

All small issues such as charname duplication can be handled easily.