View Full Version : Cool Places

Jeros82
15-04-04, 16:12
Could someone tell me where all the cool places are??? I still want to visit the Jail, the Crystal Caves and the Worm Caves.

I've seen the Chaos Caves over a million times, been to aggie cellars, sewers and WB hunting. Also checked out DoY Entrance (which is quite cool) and visited the Graves.

If anyone knows any other location which I maybe never heard of please let me know. I wanna see more....

Cruzbroker
15-04-04, 16:14
Regant.

Benjie
15-04-04, 16:21
Gaya Mines...

And that little room at the bottom of the elevator shaft in Military Base.

Swamp caves, Crystal Caves.

Loads of places.

Jeros82
15-04-04, 16:29
Can also somebody tell me WHERE they are (sector, place in sector etc...) ???

seraphian
15-04-04, 16:35
There are the yellow and the green Balls of course.

The Yellow one is in the military base, in a leveling zone, look for a hack-panel that apparently doesn't do anything, and have a friend along, that's all I'm saying....

I'm still looking for the green one myself.

There are also the worm tunnels in J-11 and that area as well, but be forewarned, my capped tank has trouble staying alive in there without a PPU...

If I think of any more I'll let you know

Archeus
15-04-04, 16:42
Regants Legacy. :lol:

Jeros82
15-04-04, 16:44
Still you guys call all kinds of names, but give no locations. Please tell me which sector I have to go to. So far seraphian has been the only one who has been usefull.....

seraphian
15-04-04, 17:26
ah, the thing is everyone kind of assumes that players know the locations by name and just shout out the names.... so a handy chart (this includes some you might know, but for the sake of completeness...)

The Swamp Caves: (lots of posion mobs, some have a boss mob, tough, but interesting archecture, looks a bit like the end levels of Half Life) : sectors F-2, I-3, F-3, H-3 and G-3 (I like the one by Gravis Uplink best)

The Crystal Caves: (mobs look like soulclusters, range from 80/80 to 120/120 boss mob, kick major arse) All over the northern desert by El Farid and Tescom Uplink. my fav is one sector north of El Farid Village, by El Farid Oasis

Point Red: (absolutely Insane Doom Harbinger mutants and Ceres soldiers) Listed on world map, be sure to tag GR, as you will most likely be going back for your belt at some point.

The Graves: (Snake mobs, and a viper king boss that gives away armor) 2 sectors west of Escador Oasis labled Yucinda Village on the world map

MC-5 (now closed, but the toughest area in the game) Sector between Soliko Labs and Nemesis Labs

Regent Legacy: (Mutants with plasma weapons, and a cool castle thingy) E-3, labled on world map, careful the whole area from a few sectors out is swarming with plasma using mutants.

Gaia Mines (Berserk Cop-bots and S.T.O.R.M. bots, give good lewt, but they're friggin STORM bots!) Labled on world map, 2 entrances north of TG

n3m
15-04-04, 17:28
neofrag

honestly, they look cool :o

Maarten
15-04-04, 17:37
The Crystal Caves: (mobs look like soulclusters, range from 80/80 to 120/120 boss mob, kick major arse) All over the northern desert by El Farid and Tescom Uplink. my fav is one sector north of El Farid Village, by El Farid Oasis

Correction, those are the Worm Tunnels... I heard only the one above Tescom has a boss (which drops the Energy Soulblade, might be nice for your Melee Tank, Jeros)

The Crystal Caves have the Bat Queen as boss which drops the Bat Queen Arm and Chest implants. Other mobs are very small 70/70 and 80/80 bats that poison you. One of the Crystal Caves is located in E-08, at the end of the road.

The Scorpion Caves are also worth checking out. It's the El Farid Underground, located in the El Farid Village. There is a GR right next to the entrance. The mobs there are 40/40 and 50/50 fire scorpions. With sometimes a 95/95 and if you are lucky a 120/120 Queen at the second level.
It's the perfect place to level mid-level chars.

Archeus
15-04-04, 17:56
You could look for the lost island, be prepared to do a lot of swimming.

Jeros82
15-04-04, 18:37
has a boss (which drops the Energy Soulblade)

Well Maarten, only 1 question : When are we going ??? Have some spare time Saturday ?

Benjie
15-04-04, 18:45
Viarosso 4. Most people havn't seen it.

seraphian
15-04-04, 19:30
sry, you are right about those being worm tunnels and not the crystal caves, sorry about the typo. >.<

and it is correct that the tescom one has the boss, that's why it's my favorite :-) I know I'm a masochist... and I enjoy torturing our poor PPU (jk jk jk)

also, El Farid caves are cool, but the boss mob (the queen) is GM spawn only, so she's rare as hell, but she drops Titan armor (I belive) so if you can find her, you're lucky (Titan armor is kick-ass armor for a PE...)

also, where is ViaRosso sec 4? I've never heard of it I don't think... all I know of is #1 (the one with the Biotech HQ and the old stock exchange) #2 (the one with ProtoPharma and Tangent HQs and the upper deck Cryton's) and VR#3 (the seaside one with the cab station and the deck looking out over the ocean)

amfest
15-04-04, 19:43
I prefer sherman bay storage over point red even though it doesn't have a GR and vendors. The area is just cooler to hang out at before you go into storage.

Okay so you've seen the aggie cellers .. who hasn't .. but now find the orginal ones from the main sewer. There are entrances all over the place to it but one I will tell you is in pepper park 3 by the two mutants hanging out there.

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:01
Poison mushroom (http://photopile.com/photos/viktor/family/11601.jpg)
cave bosses
BYB
secret places
abandoned ops

Archeus
15-04-04, 20:13
Is that mushroom actually poisonious?

RuButt
15-04-04, 20:28
Is that mushroom actually poisonious?

well, i guess so... theres loads of dead bodies around it in a circle..

guess its some old easteregg =)

Maarten
15-04-04, 21:30
YES! You should try the Main Sewers! It's very fun to actually get lost after all this time... :)

rob444
16-04-04, 03:16
Regant.

I was there for my very first time on my low lvl apu 2 days ago. Was pretty shocked when there was nothing but a closed door :(

jernau
17-04-04, 10:34
There is no BGB and no VR4.

neophotographer
17-04-04, 17:25
There is no BGB and no VR4.I'm guessing you mean the BYB (Big Yellow Ball) and I beg to differ, I have screenies of it that I took myself and with a lv 75 hacker can get to it.

Stacey

jernau
17-04-04, 17:31
I'm guessing you mean the BYB (Big Yellow Ball) and I beg to differ, I have screenies of it that I took myself and with a lv 75 hacker can get to it.

StaceyNope. I'm referring to the rumours of other Big [colour] Balls (see above).

I would assume everyone has seen the BYB years ago.

You don't need anything like 75 hack for the BYB btw.

neophotographer
17-04-04, 17:54
Nope. I'm referring to the rumours of other Big [colour] Balls (see above).

I would assume everyone has seen the BYB years ago.

You don't need anything like 75 hack for the BYB btw.

well maybe 60 hack. I know I had a prob getting to it with my 50 hack. :) and yeah. never heard of the BGB. only the BYB. this thread was the first for the BGB for me. give me screenies and a location and then I'd believe it. :lol:

Stacey

jernau
17-04-04, 18:57
IIRC someone tried to spread rumours of 4 BBs - one in each city (NC, TG, TH & MB). It was at least a year ago though so I can't remember who the joker was but he's clearly still finding victims.

capt-o
17-04-04, 20:06
I'm almost sure I've seen "Entering Viarosso 4" come up on my screen while running around in NC. Not sure if it was in plaza or via but it seems like I was against a wall when i saw it. Though I doubt it's an active zone.

Radamez
17-04-04, 20:15
I always found the desert sectors the best if you're in a travelling mood, Escador Oasis in particular.. beats a swamp, or a mountain that you spend half an hour trying to get around and end up detouring 3 zones :eek: (slight exaggeration maybe :p )

It's a shame they're not used more, hell it's a shame any zone isn't used more. :(

Gaya mine has a nice, unique atmosphere too - expect to crash several times in there though ;)

I'm almost sure I've seen "Entering Viarosso 4" come up on my screen while running around in NC. Not sure if it was in plaza or via but it seems like I was against a wall when i saw it. Though I doubt it's an active zone.

It's where the GM's hang out :D

Spoon
17-04-04, 20:19
Viarosso 4. Most people havn't seen it.

That's because it doesn't exist.... :rolleyes:

I would have suggested the Outzone and Main Sewers, but you've leveled past them, already....

*EDIT*
spelling

jernau
17-04-04, 20:20
Funny thing but I never have had any trouble at Gaia. I've hunted there extensively throughout retail. I guess I must just be lucky.

Glok
17-04-04, 20:30
Viarosso 4. Most people havn't seen it.Do you mean the ProtoPharm HQ? It is pretty cool.

Jeros82
19-04-04, 10:52
OK Maarten, forget the thingy about that Energy Soulblade. I delete my Melee Tank and created a hybrid :)

Benjie
20-04-04, 17:13
That's because it doesn't exist.... :rolleyes:
Alright, alright. Plaza 5 then. :) :) Prettiest area in the game. :D Most people havn't seen it. :D

My favoraite places in the Game are Yo's Plaza 2, and all of Pepper Park 2. Everybody has seen those places already though.

There is an Area north of the wastelands, where there is a small Garage, and 2 hovertecks floating inside. It's pretty weird, and you can't destroy them. It's not perticulally pretty, just one of those places you really have got to see.

metalangel
21-04-04, 03:35
I can attest that the BYB exists, people who say it's a myth. Divine Divinity and Antediluvian and I found it tonight.

Other cool places:
Crest Village tower (great place to throw yourself off of)
The pulsating needle pool
and I like the beach at MacPherson to tear around in my Wheeler, and the cliffs at the other end to watch the sun set :D

rob444
21-04-04, 03:44
the BYB was fun to look for, we did find it however. I wish there were a lot more of these hidden easter eggs in the game.

Morganth
21-04-04, 03:56
the BYB was fun to look for, we did find it however. I wish there were a lot more of these hidden easter eggs in the game.

Any hints as to where it is so it can become a tourist spot?

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 05:46
WTF... lost island?

Wallen
21-04-04, 06:44
Gaya Mine does NOT give good loot, only go there if you want to die.
STORMs drop the STORM Laser cannons, that's the only useful thing you'll get down there (and seriously, there's better stuff you can get off a 120/120 in the game). There's a 40/40 Tachylothon (sp?) warbot down at the very bottom, he kinda cute, but way easy to kill. There's also a massive drilling machine down there that's neat.
BYB is kinda cool, I guess.
Regeants Legacy, you can get in, but you'll get in trouble if you do (no, I've never been, but I know people who have, and I've seen screenies) THAT's the real place where GMs hang out.

Hmm, can't think of anywhere else right now.

Benjie
21-04-04, 11:31
What is BYB?

Parappa
21-04-04, 12:03
The Fallout shelter with the neat labyrinth.

metalangel
21-04-04, 12:42
Oh man! I saw a sign for that place the other day! I'll have to go check it out!

The BYB, though, the clues that we needed are in this thread. It's in an MB leveling area, look for a hack panel that doesn't seem to work, and definitely bring a friend :)

To say more would spoil the mystique and legend of the Big Yellow Ball.

jernau
21-04-04, 15:59
Gaya Mine does NOT give good loot, only go there if you want to die.
STORMs drop the STORM Laser cannons, that's the only useful thing you'll get down there (and seriously, there's better stuff you can get off a 120/120 in the game). There's a 40/40 Tachylothon (sp?) warbot down at the very bottom, he kinda cute, but way easy to kill. There's also a massive drilling machine down there that's neat.
BYB is kinda cool, I guess.
Regeants Legacy, you can get in, but you'll get in trouble if you do (no, I've never been, but I know people who have, and I've seen screenies) THAT's the real place where GMs hang out.

Hmm, can't think of anywhere else right now.
Gaia is a doddle to hunt in and STORM lasers are not bad loot. They weigh very little so you can carry loads back and can be sold for good money either to vendors or players. The fact that very few people hunt there also means you aren't competing for the loot too. Mal-STORMs also drop rare parts.

The mini-warbot is part of the Crahn ER that isn't in yet.

GMs sometimes use Darkmetal (the inside of Regants) as a holding cell for people that are misbehaving. They don't hang out there AFAIK. They do have an area only they can get to but I can't remember it's name now. Someone got banned for going there once.

olavski
21-04-04, 16:08
GMs sometimes use Darkmetal (the inside of Regants) as a holding cell for people that are misbehaving.

8|

What kind of misbehaviour do we have to commit to get there? :D

Anywya, i like the Gaya mines too, haven't been there for a year i guess, last time i was there were still more synch problems than normally.

But it's a cool and scary spot, especially if you walk into one or two storms ;)

rob444
21-04-04, 16:41
Any hints as to where it is so it can become a tourist spot?

Military Base, one of the storage cellars (those that low lvls can lvl in), you need a hacker and it's a bit tricky to get into the BYB ;)

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 16:50
What Lost Island!!??!!

Jeros82
21-04-04, 17:08
How much hacking would you need to get into the BYB ???

jernau
21-04-04, 17:10
How much hacking would you need to get into the BYB ???
About the same as a WB/WBT I think (50-60). Maybe a bit less.

SypH
21-04-04, 17:31
Whenever there is an opwar happening at Soliko I try to get there simply because it looks so damn amazing. What with moonie rockets and fusion fire coming from the top of the hill, and the attackers fire striking back. The sky lighting up with lightning and fire beams. Snipers trying to pick off anyone on the hill they can see. Stealthed defenders causing trouble among the attackers ranks. Best opwars I have seen were at Soliko.

metalangel
21-04-04, 21:20
Gotta admit tho, you'd never escape from Regants...

jiga
21-04-04, 21:34
top of the cliff to ur right when you are walking towards the entrance. I kno that i shouldn't have been up there but it was an accident

mystery8
21-04-04, 21:41
What Lost Island!!??!!

There is none. A while back somebody mentioned something about a zoning error and ending u in the water. They claimed to come out on an island with a little shack and a skeleton inside.
This little shack is actually in sector K03 on the northern shore. This person probably crashed while zoning near there and re-connected in the water in K03 or somewhere around there.

There is no island.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 21:47
ahh.. yeah... I like that house, its cool.

Man... some islands would be so asskickingly cool in NC.

Archeus
21-04-04, 21:58
There is none. A while back somebody mentioned something about a zoning error and ending u in the water. They claimed to come out on an island with a little shack and a skeleton inside.
This little shack is actually in sector K03 on the northern shore. This person probably crashed while zoning near there and re-connected in the water in K03 or somewhere around there.

There is no island.

Of course some of us actually went looking for the stupid island. 3 days... 3 DAYS!!! swimming. However I did get to see some places that others won't while swimming (as they have locked them off now).

What kind of misbehaviour do we have to commit to get there?

you can't get out without loosing an item. its not worth it, although they should open the place.

Jest
21-04-04, 21:59
Of course some of us actually went looking for the stupid island. 3 days... 3 DAYS!!! swimming. However I did get to see some places that others won't while swimming (as they have locked them off now). Lol I went looking for that damn island too. I checked every water zone there is.

jiga
21-04-04, 22:49
give us an underwater pirate ship

mystery8
21-04-04, 23:11
Though I was pretty sure it was a hoax at the time (since I knew the place what's his face was describing), my friend and I decided we'd swim around and look for an island or anything else interesting in the water.

Other than discovering how fun cliffdiving into the water in A09 was, we found nothing. When we did this it was before deaths were server-side. So a few times the "impact" on the water killed us. Ever notice how falling on water is just like falling on ground?

[Edit]
Now I remember. I think it was ZoneVortex who started this rumor.

Heavyporker
21-04-04, 23:51
there's a little something... called surface tension...

which is why you don't want to belly-flop off a diving board, nor sky-jump into a swimming pool or body of water any more you want to land on concrete.

Oath
22-04-04, 01:40
I was there for my very first time on my low lvl apu 2 days ago. Was pretty shocked when there was nothing but a closed door :(

Reagents leads to darkmetal wich has been closed for ages, there is no closed door and as i said has been sealed for ages.

jernau
22-04-04, 01:44
I think he means the grill/portcullis type thing that blocks the entrance.

mystery8
22-04-04, 02:46
there's a little something... called surface tension...

which is why you don't want to belly-flop off a diving board, nor sky-jump into a swimming pool or body of water any more you want to land on concrete.

Surface tension doesn't account for what I'm talking about. What I mean is I jump off the cliff, I hit the water and the game acts as if I'm hitting the solid ground. Dirt, or Concrete. I tried today. Lost 400 HP for like 5 seconds before the client corrected and I had full HP again. Not really a big deal, but an oddity.

Wish they'd open Outzone 7 :)

jernau
22-04-04, 02:51
Surface tension doesn't account for what I'm talking about. What I mean is I jump off the cliff, I hit the water and the game acts as if I'm hitting the solid ground. Dirt, or Concrete. I tried today. Lost 400 HP for like 5 seconds before the client corrected and I had full HP again. Not really a big deal, but an oddity.

Wish they'd open Outzone 7 :)
His point is that the same thing would happen IRL.

tkNukem
22-04-04, 04:25
There is an Area north of the wastelands, where there is a small Garage, and 2 hovertecks floating inside. It's pretty weird, and you can't destroy them. It's not perticulally pretty, just one of those places you really have got to see.is that one of those northern zones east of military base? i remember walkin by some building that looked like a two-car garage.
i'm disappointed no one has mentioned the tezla bridge. (obviously in the tezla outpost sextor) that's neat, especially when you get on top of the cliff and walk across it! >;]
and yes, that zone vortex did start the rumor!! the nerve!
btw the zones surrounding regants have mobs with plasma rifles? or did i misinterpret?
hrm i wish i could search for the thread that was made a longggg ass time ago. ppl posted pics of these hidden places.

Wallen
22-04-04, 06:55
Yes, the sectors near regeants legacy are filled with laser-blade and plasma-rifle wielding 50/50 mutants, like literally HUNDREDS of them. They're easy 1 on 1 (plasma rifle has crap accuracy) but in hoards there tough. I tried to get through with stealth, but not even stealth 3 lasted long enough. I need to get myself and Obliterator for that kind of traveling.

naimex
22-04-04, 08:28
The broken bridge in Kristal Caves

The mining site @ storm bot apartment in Gaia

The end of the world (can only get there by getting a bug, itīs a pale green view of nothing)

and all those places already mentioned.

olavski
22-04-04, 08:38
Yes, the sectors near regeants legacy are filled with laser-blade and plasma-rifle wielding 50/50 mutants, like literally HUNDREDS of them.

Been there last night with a few mates (heheh, thanks btw ;) ) but i didn't see one plasma mob or whatever, just the usually annoying dragon flies, swampstuff and big spiders.

On Saturn btw.

mystery8
22-04-04, 09:53
is that one of those northern zones east of military base? i remember walkin by some building that looked like a two-car garage.
i'm disappointed no one has mentioned the tezla bridge. (obviously in the tezla outpost sextor) that's neat, especially when you get on top of the cliff and walk across it! >;]
and yes, that zone vortex did start the rumor!! the nerve!
btw the zones surrounding regants have mobs with plasma rifles? or did i misinterpret?
hrm i wish i could search for the thread that was made a longggg ass time ago. ppl posted pics of these hidden places.

Are you talking about the little building in K02? Its one zone north and one zone east of Military base. It looks a lot like a garage, and you can fit vehicles in it. I don't recall what Benjie's talking about. Never saw it myself.

Morganth
22-04-04, 10:18
Been there last night with a few mates (heheh, thanks btw ;) ) but i didn't see one plasma mob or whatever, just the usually annoying dragon flies, swampstuff and big spiders.

On Saturn btw.

I decided to take a look in E_03 on my PE whilst looking for a swamp cave in F_03 and upon running down the road for a short while I decided it was safer to pop Shelter and Heal up whilst stealthing, as the plasma fire was unbearable. Whats even more annoying is the mobs were in the water, and it was foggy so I couldn't see the damn things.

Jeros82
22-04-04, 10:55
Does nobody have pics of the BYB ???

olavski
22-04-04, 10:58
try a search on the forum, i've seen quite a few of them.

@ Morganth: that wasn't on Saturn right :confused:

Morganth
22-04-04, 11:36
@ Morganth: that wasn't on Saturn right :confused:

It was, read my siggy.

olavski
22-04-04, 12:17
It was, read my siggy.

I disabled signatures :) ta anyway

mystery8
22-04-04, 12:41
Does nobody have pics of the BYB ???

http://www.enter.net/~dsnyder66/shot1072.jpg
http://www.enter.net/~dsnyder66/shot1075.jpg

All hail the BYB!

Jeros82
22-04-04, 12:47
It there also a purpose for the BYB except for sexing it ???

s0apy
22-04-04, 13:26
not places as such, but there are quite a few objects that are not what they appear to be. a plant pot in the krupp yo's is, in fact, a fully functioning rec table. there are also quite a few trees and bushes which are "tech doors" in and around tristar.

used to be a few plant pots in the northstar ug that are actually chairs - sit in them for amusing screenies. also, a magic fence at jankins that you can walk through, but only in one direction.

locations - no one mentioned the fallout shelter which is, as i recall, in h10. if not, it's certainly somewhere in a straight line between blackhill and malstrond. fear the maze.

winnoc
22-04-04, 13:34
Ok, i want the location of the hackterm that gives acces to the BYB.

I'm thinking of doing atourist trip in neocron soon, once i have my reveler :-)

Mingerroo
22-04-04, 13:49
Back in the early days of retail, myself and about five other people worshipped the BYB for at least an hour :) We were hoping something mystical would happen!

Steve

nobby
22-04-04, 14:05
:lol: okie, ive got a fw questions, where is recents legacy, the outzone jail and the hack term for the big yellow ball? :lol:

jernau
22-04-04, 18:07
If people want to find the ball they should go look. Most of the fun with these things is in the search. This thread already contains almost complete instructions and the search feature will find even more info if you really want it. Getting the answers on a plate will just make you bored quicker.

IMO though you'll have more fun looking yourself - It's in MB so that's only 3 sectors and a few storage areas to search.

A few others to mention -
The irradiated house with the bodies.
Einstein
The ultra-high tower place in the NE
The worms caves (all the caves are pretty cool actually but people seem to avoid these)
Abandoned Crahn church in the OZ
Also the attics of the Cathedral
The OP undergrounds with the big fighting area (uplinks?)
DOY gates :lol:

@soapy - shelter got mentioned a few posts up.

/edit - I don't remember any garage with indestructible bikes in it - which sector?

JediMasta
22-04-04, 19:55
The apparition room in the worm tunnels, if u can solo it u have got some 133t skills =) .

Crahn outzone HQ, with the tunnel in the basement leading to the OZ jail.

Tezla zone superhigh bridge.

Fallout shelter, even if it is useless as all the hackboxes contain metal pipes.

The big cliffs west of MB, perfect sniper spot ^_^ .

The mysterious 3rd exit of TechHaven, up a massive ladder, to a door leading to the wastelands, which no longer seems to open.

Bloodviper room of the graves.

Pool of death in gaya, where if u fall in and have less than about 70 agil, u cant jump out again =) .

Einstein.

The little bunkers around simmons, which are full of mutant gunmen.

The building rooftops in plaza 1.

Blackdragon secret HQ, which leads via a secret passage into bump asylum, and also to the wastelands.

PP 2 gun club

The mountain-top chair near hawkins zone.

Foster uplink, which could have been such an uber op to fight at, with the massive tunnel entrance, but as it is any noob can jump over the walls of the op from a cliff.

The little outpost 1 zone north of malstrond, with all the dead TG guards. Good place for decayed horror hunting.

Benjie
22-04-04, 20:00
Abandoned Crahn church in the OZ
Also the attics of the Cathedral

I prefere the Mutant Church. :)

jernau
22-04-04, 20:09
I prefere the Mutant Church. :)
That's the one I meant. The one with all the pews and a closed off secret passage next to it.

Heavyporker
22-04-04, 20:34
FFS open that passage! I wanna go through!

tkNukem
22-04-04, 21:19
i remember walking by the abandoned church in outzone. is this the "mutant church" ? and there's another one, the crahn abbey. is that the "crahn church" ? the abbey's cool - specially the tunnel from the basement that leads to simmons zone.
k02 sounds right for the empty two car garage looking thing.
which zone is this "mountain top chair" in?! >;]
oo as for objects with strange abilities...there's this one op - krupp maybe..one of those ops that's between TH and NC. well, at the GenRep for this op, there's metal fence with a bush nearby. towards the beginning of retail (and for quite a long time thereafter) the bush was an apartment lift. i remember fightin an opwar there once, and it just so happened it was the lift to our clan's apartment heh, lucky meh. so i used it to warp back to my clan's apartment :D

jernau
22-04-04, 21:26
Yeah, there used to be a bunch of fake-lifts. I used to use the one near the swamp caves quite a bit.

There are 3 church-type places, like you say, though the names seem a bit interchangable.

There's the abbey in C_06, the mutant church in OZ5 and the Crahn cathedral in OZ9.

mystery8
22-04-04, 22:07
Crahn outzone HQ, with the tunnel in the basement leading to the OZ jail.

Where's this tunnel? I remember there's one tunnel that leads to the Wastelands near Simmons Factory, but I don't remember one to Outzone 8 (Jail). Does it lead to that blocked off exit (the one in the water) in OZ8?

jernau
23-04-04, 01:11
Either he means :
1) The cathedral in OZ9 which has prison cells in the basement and one of them has a hole in the floor leading to a tuinnel out to the wastelands between Simmons and Point Red.
or
2) The Bump Asylum tunnel from Pepper Park to the old prison in OZ8 which is now the red-SL-only area.

tkNukem
23-04-04, 02:37
jernau plz call it an abbey!!! the name of the GR at the place is "OUTZONE: CRAHN ABBEY"
stop with the confusion! ;/

jernau
23-04-04, 02:39
jernau plz call it an abbey!!! the name of the GR at the place is "OUTZONE: CRAHN ABBEY"
stop with the confusion! ;/
doh :o

I always get the names mixed up as this thread shows. Oh well, I know I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure there's an NPC script that calls the one in wastes an abbey too though.

Benjie
23-04-04, 20:03
The coolest area of the game is all the secret tunnels from off the Subway Tracks.
Yes there is a way to get on there. Yes I have explored it. :p
It's really cool. So many secret tunnels.

MkVenner
23-04-04, 20:38
any one remeber the encounters in fallout 1 and 2, like cool places to explore with little snippets of a story to em...

mebbe put like respawning datacubes in lockers etc that have no value, but give you snippets of the story

jernau
23-04-04, 21:36
The coolest area of the game is all the secret tunnels from off the Subway Tracks.
Yes there is a way to get on there. Yes I have explored it. :p
It's really cool. So many secret tunnels.They are all dead ends O_o . The above-ground section with the bodies and the ultra-low sky-box is cool though.

@MK - I've been playing Fallout 2 again recently. Amazing how that game never ages. The randoms are class.

MkVenner
23-04-04, 21:41
@MK - I've been playing Fallout 2 again recently. Amazing how that game never ages. The randoms are class.

same here, just completed it again for god knows how many times...that what gave me the idea...

Fallout 2 and 1 pwn all nuff said (notice the order lol)

PS: NC has, imo, a great history, shame there are VERY few places that connect to this history in some way...like battlefields etc

XSuneX
23-04-04, 22:15
I'll think about it.

Benjie
23-04-04, 22:49
They are all dead ends O_o . The above-ground section with the bodies and the ultra-low sky-box is cool though.

True, but it's still fun to explore.
I wonder why they are there, considering kk never intended for someone to go there.

:confused:

jernau
23-04-04, 22:57
True, but it's still fun to explore.
I wonder why they are there, considering kk never intended for someone to go there.

:confused:
True - exploring is one of the best aspects to RPGs IMO.

Rumour has it that they intended to make that a normal OZ sector and put glass over the rails so people could wander around and fight over and near the passing trains but they couldn't make the trains a safe-zone and the rest not. I have no idea if that's true but it might help explain why the OZ layout is so Escher.

@MK - An even bigger shame is how little regard KK give to that story and how they then have the balls to blame the players for the lack of decent RP.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 00:06
True true...

lol atm im out looking for a BYB....i found a hackpanel that doesnt do anything...u cant highlight it at all...by like a crystal in the wall...thats not it is it?

mystery8
24-04-04, 00:17
First you have to hack open this little glass cover over a button or switch. Then pull the switch. Now at the end of the zone (opposite of the entrance), a door will open. You need a second person to run in the room as soon as the door opens (it doesn't stay open long enough for you to run). Then once they're in, they can open it from their side.

After that you're in a room with a few boxes, try activating different parts of the wall to find the extra entrance.

[Edit]
If you have a character on Uranus or Pluto, I could show you. My Saturn char doesn't have the MB GR yet (I'm lazy).

jernau
24-04-04, 00:18
True true...

lol atm im out looking for a BYB....i found a hackpanel that doesnt do anything...u cant highlight it at all...by like a crystal in the wall...thats not it is it?
Sounds right if it gives a hack-game. IIRC it looks like a switch but it's been a while.

The door is no-where near the switch ;).

MkVenner
24-04-04, 00:20
not it then no hack game...

ne way....i mean ive not been there (next on my explore list) but the fallout shelter in H10 could have a story to it (which im guessing it dont) like the shelter in Fallout 1 has (the one that had a direct hit, with the aliens jars in the glow)

ah...nw i see why i need a friend with me lol

Heavyporker
24-04-04, 02:45
um.. why not just make the subway a hunting zone?

best of both worlds, after a sort.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 02:54
Well theres a HUGE amount of tunnels under London from the train system...theres a tunnel that runs from liverpool street station ticket office, to behind the bar at the Barbican theater lol....and there tiny compared to the ones under New York. Why not have a network of tunnels under NC as well...

Mole men?

jernau
24-04-04, 03:08

best of both worlds, after a sort.Maybe but it would have been cool to ride a train through the middle of a pitched battle. Remember if this rumour is true it would date from the time the only two outposts were in the OZ.

/edit @MK - considering how much larger and older the London Underground is than the NY Subway I'd be surprised if it didn't have more "secret areas". There are several complete abandoned station just for starters.

mystery8
24-04-04, 03:09

best of both worlds, after a sort.

Though it might be amusing to see a bunch of dorks on the tracks and watch them get flattened by the Hovercab, I think this would be a bad idea.

I can see Zone campers hanging out on the otherside of the zone from the P1 & P2 entrances... Then you'd have Tanks with Maledictions wasting people passing in Hovercabs. Then the City would have to put a bunch of Cop or STORM buts in the Subway to keep the peace. I just don't think it'd work too well.

MkVenner: Ever play the old Offline Demo? There's a part in it where you go into these old tunnels that are supposedly part of the "old rail system" or something. It'd be pretty cool to have those ingame. Hell, it'd be pretty cool to have most of the levels in the Offline Demo (aside from P1 & P2 which already exist) in the retail.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 03:16
any way I can get that old demo, the only demo i got is the offline one that comes with the Client Loader...and i swear theres a part in that where i saw New Zone: Out Zone 7 (or whateva the zone message is lol)

jernau
24-04-04, 03:17
The trains just go right through you unfortunately.

/edit - I'm pretty sure the old demo is still on FilePlanet. **spits**.

/edit2 - alternatively install a second NC from the CD, don't patch it and run it from the launcher.

/edit3 - you can get the OZ7 zone-line message in-game by going to the OZ7 zoneline.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 03:22
yeah but what i meant is why would they put OZ7 in the demo if you cant get in it...?

jernau
24-04-04, 03:25
yeah but what i meant is why would they put OZ7 in the demo if you cant get in it...?
Oh I see. Well I think they just cut/pasted a bunch of maps out the full game.

Do you mean the old tutorial/demo or the new tutorial? The new one is based in the OZ so that would explain it. I haven't played the old one in ages and ages so I can't remember it well enough to say.

XSuneX
24-04-04, 03:31
yeah but what i meant is why would they put OZ7 in the demo if you cant get in it...?Because the programer who made it is no longer with them and it was not finished and no one else can open it with out corrupting the whole darn map? Only a guess. :)

mystery8
24-04-04, 03:53
The trains just go right through you unfortunately.

Yeah, sadly. That'd probably because they didn't want people out on the tracks (hence why its now illegal to go out there). If they did make the Subway a Combat Zone, I'd hope they would fix that.

MkVenner:
The old Offline Demo (Not to be confused with the Offline Tutorial, which you can access from the NC Launcher) is at: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/110059.shtml
60,547 downloads... hmmm :)
Its pretty interesting to look at for nostalgic purposes, since it was made around Beta 3.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 03:58
Apparently according to FP there 256 people downloading it fomr one server lol, still quite popular then

jernau
24-04-04, 08:12
Because the programer who made it is no longer with them and it was not finished and no one else can open it with out corrupting the whole darn map? Only a guess. :)Programmers don't do level design and OZ7 is off-limits because the design is flawed (or was - I assume nothing has changed). Fixing it involves re-doing or fixing the BSPs, then again the same is true for the Mutant Church tunnel, the Zoo and several other locations we can't use atm so.....

/edit - a point of clarification : The "offline demo" and the "offline tutorial" used to be the same. KK replaced the tutorial a while back with one that is more relevant to the game as it is now.

Archeus
24-04-04, 08:44
Did anyone mention the maze tower? Its near the fallout shelter which is kind of cool too.

jernau
24-04-04, 17:32
Did anyone mention the maze tower? Its near the fallout shelter which is kind of cool too.
A couple of times :p

Such a shame you can't get inside it.

MkVenner
24-04-04, 23:40
dunno if im a a little slow to this but if you go to the app lift in P1 (the one at ground floor by the way to P4), if you go into the lift it comes up: Entering new district NC-Faction DNS....

just wondering if its actually there and closed off or just a bug or whateva :D