PDA

View Full Version : EXP from vehicles

Sleawer
15-04-04, 14:27
Anyone tried leveling a char almost exclusively from vehicle use?
I was thinking in making a new PE, I will need to use lower TL vehicles and HC weapons sometimes of course, but was planning to level with a combat trike and a reveler once he can use them.

I know Trikes give low combat ranks, but I wonder if the vehicle TL calculation is enought to give good exp at higher lvl's.
So anyone leveled a PE or any other class from vehicles?

Thanks in advance.

[VP]Orion
15-04-04, 14:36
This might not be entirely what you are looking for, but here goes.

Ive made a h-c spy that should be able to drive all vehicles when Ive leveled him abit more (besides, the highlvl vehicles doesnt come until bdoy anyways).

I didnt level him in the beginning using vehicles, more like using rifles with a ppu stuck at my back. But now Im at 68 base dex (I think) and I can level decently with the trike hunting firemobs. Ok, I still level faster with rifles and a ppu stuck at my back but its possible. Though Ive seen the exp gain slow down abit so I seriously doubt you would be able to get to a high lvl purely from using vehicles.

Sleawer
15-04-04, 14:41
I thought in switching to HC weapons sometimes to level in caves, also the class would be a PE to avoid caps at 100.

winnoc
15-04-04, 14:45
As a PE you could do that, and then go to driving and gunning a rhino at higher levels.

You won't be a pvp person though but you'll be the ideal rarehunter.

Argent
15-04-04, 14:55
Anyone tried leveling a char almost exclusively from vehicle use?

Yup, my HC pe mainly leveled by using vehicles, mostly Reveler/4x4. Just cap your PSI at a cave or something, won't take long.

@ Winnoc, how does TPC/Speegun, damage boost + shelter sound to you? Bad at PvP? My PE has 100 repair and is slow as shit, but if those 100 points were in ag... I would beat many people in 1v1 with that setup.

Sleawer
15-04-04, 15:06
That sounds nice Argent. I won't PvP with that char atm, as I want a self sufficient PE (hack, repair, recycle, maybe some barter...), but I'm trying to find an alternative fun way to level a PE without gimping him badly.

Once STR is capped I'll use TSG while caving, and if I'm on the mood to use drugs perhaps TPC aswell. In the wastes I thought in using the Reveler and perhaps a combat trike, depending on the EXP with each.

Superbron
15-04-04, 15:07
@ Winnoc, how does TPC/Speegun, damage boost + shelter sound to you? Bad at PvP? My PE has 100 repair and is slow as shit, but if those 100 points were in ag... I would beat many people in 1v1 with that setup.
I am curious also.

Freeejumper
15-04-04, 15:10
That sounds nice Argent. I won't PvP with that char atm, as I want a self sufficient PE (hack, repair, recycle, maybe some barter...), but I'm trying to find an alternative fun way to level a PE without gimping him badly.

Once STR is capped I'll use TSG while caving, and if I'm on the mood to use drugs perhaps TPC aswell. In the wastes I thought in using the Reveler and perhaps a combat trike, depending on the EXP with each.
you should skill wpl cuz wpl affects the freq of hc weapons ...
btw its very funny to level a pe with vhcs but you willl get a prob to cap dex of this pe cuz you dont gain much dex exp, well lets say you have to leech the last 10 dex level of your pe

winnoc
15-04-04, 15:16
Well, estabin and me killed one of those easy with disruptors and silent hunters a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe if he was faster he could've run away before he died.
He actualy died a second time trying to get inside the reveler at which point he was under the car and couldn't be rezzed by his ppu buddy that was also at the op.

if you get your repair into agility you might be good, but i doubt you'll live long outside of vehicles.

I've changed my spy to drive trikes too, and i must say he's no longer a pvp char. He's a good rarehunter, and gets anywhere using obliterator but his fighting is now limited to sniping off the wounded enemies at op fights.

Freeejumper
15-04-04, 15:18
Well, estabin and me killed one of those easy with disruptors and silent hunters a couple of weeks ago.
He actualy died a second time trying to get inside the reveler at which point he was under the car and couldn't be rezzed by his ppu buddy that was also at the op.

if you get your repair into agility you might be good, but i doubt you'll live long outside of vehicles.

I've changed my spy to drive trikes too, and i must say he's no longer a pvp char. He's a good rarehunter, and gets anywhere using obliterator but his fighting is now limited to sniping off the wounded enemies at op fights.
he should have used combat hover ! damn this hover roxx hehe killed many guys with a combathover :)

Fafhrd
15-04-04, 15:32

HC PE can be (imo) good PvP Chars. They are able to use Inq4 / Duranit4 Armor, can have lots of speed and get a descent dmg-% with their spells. When using vehicles they can deal incredible dmg and even without - the speedgat is still a dangerous weapon.

Then again you sniped (?) with two high lvl spys a PE.
The poor guy had no chance :-)

winnoc
15-04-04, 16:41
Yeah, i still have this idea of a four man stealther sniper squad on voicecom.
Imagine being surrounded by four snipers picking off at the same target.
They'll drop one by one as they try to run to one of em and get shot in the back :-)

Fafhrd
15-04-04, 18:24
Yeah, i still have this idea of a four man stealther sniper squad on voicecom.
Imagine being surrounded by four snipers picking off at the same target.
They'll drop one by one as they try to run to one of em and get shot in the back :-)

Or three snipers and a droner. Either you are a ppu and just dont care, or you can stealth away. All the others are dead.

But back on topic: my hc-pe's hunting warbots for parts with a chaincraft. A lot warbots. And still 4 more lvls to cap dex. So it is not the fastest way to lvl a PE. Considering that i've gotten from dex 77 to dex 79 within a few swampcave runs (solo) with a rifle-pe it is definitly not the fastest way to lvl him up.

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 20:20
I did with my H-C PE -

let me tell you.... vecs ROCK for leveling str/con - DEX goes up nicely, INT as well.

Its' perfect, goes so sweet... you'll cap STR and CON in no time, DEX and INT will come along in their time (int much more quickly than DEX of course, since INT cap is 20 less than DEX)

combat chainbike, combat hoverbike, assault bike, 4x4 or APC (the gun is the same), then Trike.

I might try Rhino next.