PDA

View Full Version : Tank driving a Rhino ???

winnoc
15-04-04, 08:56
Ok, i've been fooling around with setups on my hc tank a bit, and i'm pretty sure i can make him drive a Rhino tank.

Anyone ever done this?

I was thinking of using 3 implants to get to 23 int and then pop desoterol and desoterol forte to drive it.

Just curious if it's good for leveling str that way.

Cytaur
15-04-04, 09:10
yeah use implants to drive, a hint: don't zone when you're in driver's seat and drugs ran out

Dim
15-04-04, 11:44
Why boost it to 23 INT? If you get a hacking CPU and pop Destrosol and Destrosol Forte it should be enough too.

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 11:49
I thought about that, would be pretty pretty cool, but serious gimpage no?

Whitestuff
15-04-04, 11:59
Serious Gimpage, but it isn't a permanent setup. Its just to lvl really really fast by blasting warbots to scrap.

winnoc
15-04-04, 12:49
Well, i would like to get it up to 25 so a desoterol forte would do it, i hate the damn drugflash with the low level drugs.

And no, reloggin doesn't do anything for me when it comes to drugflash.

MrChumble
15-04-04, 13:07
If it's just for leveling you'd be better off in a reveler hunting fire mobs. The reveler is piss easy to repair in the field, does awesome damage, and if it blows up *shrugs*...go pay your 12nc for a new one :)

It's a bit of a pisser that the rhino makes the gunners attack rank so high, if it was reasonable (65 say) I might actually use one my driver chars to drive tanks around while they blow shit up. As it is I get no exp so tanks need to learn to drive themselves :rolleyes:

winnoc
15-04-04, 13:26
Well, my tank has a pretty low level so a spy of say 56-57 attack rank should get xp when i'm gunning it right?

jiga
15-04-04, 13:29
My tank can drive a rhino if i put the right imps in. He isn't gimped at all coz he can just switch back to his normal imps when hes done driving. U don't need drugs

winnoc
15-04-04, 13:31
Well, you tell me how you get from 20 int to 30 int without drugs then, don't see any imps that'll do that

jiga
15-04-04, 13:47
Well, you tell me how you get from 20 int to 30 int without drugs then, don't see any imps that'll do that
BioTech Smart-Cybereye (+3), BioTech Advanced Nerves 1 (+1), BioTech Experimental Ballisticweaponchip 2 (+2), exp. MindControl CPU 2 (+2), BioTech Neural-Advancement 1 (+1) and BioTech Construction Chip 1 (+1)
Now im no maths genius but that seems to add up to +10 :D

Aziraphale
15-04-04, 13:48
Well, my tank has a pretty low level so a spy of say 56-57 attack rank should get xp when i'm gunning it right?

When put in a rhino your rank goes ZOOM.
Easy way to counter this is to pop a Lom, though that might be an exploit?

winnoc
15-04-04, 13:56
I was thinking about doing that to level up my STR, but for that +10int setup without drugs you would need this to be able to gun the rhino:

BASE STR:85 HC:123 TC:67

Having base 85 STR is pretty high to be leveling up, as i'm now 72 base.
Maybe i should put my tank in storage until he gets the reveler.

jiga
15-04-04, 13:58
i used the rhino to just get those final lvls by hunting grims. Before that i hunted WBs in my chaincraft 4x4
EDIT: btw i only use that setup coz it's a pain in the ass having to use drugs to drive it and then theres the drug flash

Keyol45743241
15-04-04, 14:08
Well, you tell me how you get from 20 int to 30 int without drugs then, don't see any imps that'll do that:rolleyes:

Advanced Nerves 1, Vehicle Chip 2, Vehicle Chip 3, Special Forces, Smartie 4.

The vhc/sf allows you to have enough dex to keep that SF activated, you need drugs to poke the it tho... This also gives you enough dex for the Smart Cybereye 4

The rest of the imps can be done according to your personal taste but I'd advise Marine or at least the Moveon because of H-C considerations, since the only disadvantage is: Due to the lack of H-C imps and the -16 penalty the Smartie incurs, you loose some efficiency.
Another advantage: Due to the vhc +25 bonus, you need only to skill 37 vhc (exactly reveler ;))
Be advised, reparing your own rhino saves money, especially when you're on a budget. Vehicle Chips give valueable bonus here, too.

And... forget about Warbies, they're fun as long as you can't use the rhino and are stuck with the reveler, but the very second you can drive the rhino yourself (or find a driver with a CR high enough to leech exp) you won't step down. The rhino shoots farther and you won't get hit while riding it.

Just as a side note, I made about 70 mil str exp in one week, not playing much. While looting about 70 techparts. No, I won't tell you where, there are too many rhinos driving around already. :p We're planing to make some kind of "nomad" clan, a few people with every imagineable combat vehicle, driving aimlessy around the wastes...

P.S.: Don't drug & drive. Or at least, don't zone after the drug has ran out since you'll crash. That goes for your gunner, too. I had a PE gunner once, syncing was a major pain in the ass....

P.P.S.: Hehehe, one more thing... if you find a driver and are of sufficient low level so you don't cap the damage of the rhino... pop in a h-c kami chip. Since you won't get hit anyway..... ;)

winnoc
15-04-04, 14:58
I'll only have to cap dex now to get those implants in.
Looks pretty good though.

Keyol45743241
15-04-04, 16:05
I'll only have to cap dex now to get those implants in.
Looks pretty good though.Errr... yes, you need dex capped... but remember, you have one Brainimp still unused, maybe Balanceadvancer3 or Motoric3 will do the trick. In case of an emergency, you can also plug in a hacking1 and free up that backbone to suit your personal taste.

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 16:33
assuming you can even FIND the h-c kami...

*sigh* I'd love to find a h-c kami on uranus...

Keyol45743241
15-04-04, 18:10
Pork, get me a Herc on Pluto and you can have my H-C there.... then reroll to tankeh there... or PE ;):p

t0tt3
15-04-04, 19:20
When put in a rhino your rank goes ZOOM.
Easy way to counter this is to pop a Lom, though that might be an exploit?

lol then you gimp your exp gain.... how would that be a eploit? :rolleyes:
The higher CR the more exp you get and 80/x *** is np because you hunting mobs in the same rank = no over CR exp loss....

So just blast the **** away :D

Heavyporker
15-04-04, 19:53
got near to 2 hercs on pluto ^^

and I'm never rerolling my APU on Pluto - I *am* Heavyporker, if you know what I mean, been that monk first and foremost.

Anyways, I have to ask - why, why by Crahn's itchy left nut would anyone with a H-C vec setup be gimped? I mean, jeez, they're the most uber hunters, resists aren't life/death when you're in a vec (well, yeah, if you're in an exposed seat, it matters), andd the vec guns HIT HARD!

I've already been contemplating a Rhino driving Gentank on saturn, and yes, it'd essentially be a permanent setup.... considering that no one in their right mind engages a Rhino alone means I'm generally secure from random Pkers, essentially unlimited transport, high as heck armor, etc, etc, etc...

I vote that the term "gimp" be banned, since everyone's using it in a PvP context when the game has much more potential...

Keyol45743241
16-04-04, 02:30
Just so you know, a sitting rhino is a dead rhino. Especially to evil PKers, they're not only killing you, they're wasting a lot of your money, too.

If they get too close, you can't hit them with that big gun of yours, if you are driving you can't shoot, if you try to hit them, they can hit you with those evil AntiV Launchers, if you try to drive away, they follow you while drunk and crawling. But then, there are classes who aren't suited to fight you, say, a droner. He would wait for the very second you hop out of your rhino to repair it, to give you sum good Mosq luvin' from behind. Same goes for an intelligent sniper.

So, get yourself a driver if you insist to PvP with it. Without, you're dead meat. Ah.. and forget Pepper Park synclaming with it. I tried it. The Rhino won't fit through the Subway :(

Just for levling, it works great, tho...

Pork, one more thing. The Kami pulls INT. A lot. So, no driving rhino yourself.....

Heavyporker
16-04-04, 02:31
just for leveling? ohh no.. for hunting, its great.

Keyol45743241
16-04-04, 03:12
just for leveling? ohh no.. for hunting, its great.Word.

Shadow Dancer
16-04-04, 04:00
I'm confused. You can shoot a rhino while driving it? :confused:

winnoc
16-04-04, 08:37
Ok, so yesterday i started hunting with my HC tank , driving a 4*4 V1

Man, i took down like 20 warbots with it, went in for repairs twice and i actualy gained 100k just from shooting wb's .
For recycling ammo i looted the spiderbots i shot.

Got 1 con level and 2 str levels

Too bad there wasn't a spy with me to hack the bots. Shame, all those parts wasting away.

jiga
16-04-04, 09:12
I'm confused. You can shoot a rhino while driving it? :confused:
No but u can get out and then get into the gun seat. omg i know what we need: we need to be able to switch positions in vehicles using the number keys

winnoc
16-04-04, 09:28
Yeah, like what's the point crawling out of a tank to get behind the gun?????
I'm sure no tankcrew ever does that lol.

Keyol45743241
16-04-04, 13:56
Rhinos = Designed for more than one person. Same for APU/PPU teams, but then, no rhino fits into the PP and few fit into ops....for whatever reason, an apu/ppu team is still more powerfull with less limitations. :rolleyes:

Thus being able to switch seats inside the rhino would diminish the disadvantage of needing two people. Apart from the disadvantage, that you didn't make a monkeh in the first place :p

jiga
16-04-04, 13:59
It just means u save more time and u dont expose urself when u want to gun

winnoc
16-04-04, 14:16
Yeah, i want that, and then also the option to ad pimped out chrome wheels on my rhino, and i want to have my name spraypainted on the side :-)

No....

I think i'll call my Rhino "Lulu" :-)